PDA

View Full Version : X pack extreme vehicle protection

captiv8
29-12-2008, 08:44 PM
First of all, hi :-))..I'm new here, 36 yr old f who is about to become the proud owner of a new black captiva LX, first ever Holden for me!

I've ended up here after googling and pondering and hope someone out there may be able to help.

Now after striking what I believe is a good deal on the car, the dealer (of course) is trying to sell me vehicle protection - now before you tar me, I know this topic has been raised before and I understand it's seen as a ripoff generally. I was all ready to say no when they tell me this is a NEW technology, never seen before, the car virtually cleans itself through UV light sensitive titanium dioxide blah blah. And the price is now down to $995 (from $1695) that's for inside as well as out. It's called x pack through www.motorone.com and I can't find any independant information on it anywhere.

So herein lies my dilemna, between four options
A Shell out for this amazing (said with a grin) new product or
B do i get someone else in Sydney to do a protection job (who?)
C Buy a DIY kit (what?)
D Do nothing

Your votes please, any advice gratefully received!!

:-))

MYVYSS
29-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Tell them you are not interested, however if they are willing to halve the price you might consider it...dont back down on it...the mark up as a general rule of thumb on these products is well over 100%. At the end of the day, its your Money and your car, I dont know if you have kids or want them, what interior do you have for this car, is it leather, remember there are a million products out there that will clean and polish your car inside and out, and if you are a picky about your car, do you want some chemical all over it... Personally I loved washing my car and it was therapeutic to get out and spoil her in a nice bath...

Welcome to the forums..

Regards

Craig.

A quick check of who owns the business show the following.

Motor One Group
Address
275 Canterbury Road
Address
Canterbury
Address
Address
Victoria
Address
AUSTRALIA

Domain

Name
motorone.com
CreatedDate
2002-09-12
UpdatedDate
2004-03-22
ExpiresDate
2010-09-12
NameServer
ns1.worldmark.com.au
NameServer
ns2.worldmark.com.au
Status
ok

AdminContact

Name
Robert Shaw
Address
275 Canterbury Road
Address
Canterbury
Address
Address
Victoria
Address
AUSTRALIA
Email
shawr@m1group.com.au
Phone
+61.0388092707
Fax
+61.0398302117

eldan89
29-12-2008, 09:01 PM
All that paint protection stuff is rubbish. All your paintwork needs is a clay baring and a few coats of decent wax. This will protect the paintwork and minimise dirt sticking to it. Combined this with regular washing with a clean decent sponge / mit and your car will be looking great for years to come.

rucky1
29-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi, I got the x pack done on my new SSV ute recently and it was the biggest waste of money I spent, just get a good detailer to detail the car who will do a better job for considerably less money.

captiv8
30-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks to you all for responding, I feel much reassured. The sales guy called me again today pushing hard...and I don't feel panicky about not doing something I supposedly should be! They are really pushy, aren't they?

:rolleyes:

HSVREDSLED
30-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks to you all for responding, I feel much reassured. The sales guy called me again today pushing hard...and I don't feel panicky about not doing something I supposedly should be! They are really pushy, aren't they?

Sales guy???

Normally its a good looking chick pushing this stuff..

Desertws6
30-12-2008, 10:47 PM

First, Welcome to the Forum! :)

I agree with what has already been mentioned above, no need to repeat.

But of course he is going to be pushy! He most likely get to pocket half the money. This is all to typical of the dealer sales staff.

Just tell him that you have a mate that is a car detailer and will do the car with a similar product for $50. :rofl: This should stop him in his tracks.

Cheers,
Steve :cheers:

gazzassv8
14-01-2009, 03:44 PM
hi...i just used the zaino range on my spankin new ve SS its brings the atomik green to life and i can shave in the finish.....all the gmh dealers are pushin the x-pack crap....pay me the money and ill do it in zaino for ya...:)

ti0350
14-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Sales guy???

Normally its a good looking chick pushing this stuff..

we had a good looking blonde with a big rack trying to sell us protection when we bought our vYSS 2 yrs ago..
The look on her face was priceless when she walked in and saw my missus sitting next to me..

WIKED
14-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I had an older blonde and before she could open her mouth I said I didn't want anything at all.
She asked why and I told her I would be doing it myself. End of story.

I hope you enjoy your first Holden.

White Rider
27-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I've just bought an low km second hand SSv ute that will actualy serve as work car. I will likely keep it forever as it will unfortunatly probably get fairly "weathered" in my line of work. I got roped into the x pak because the car is probably not going to get wash or waxed as often as an enthusiats car. They say that (unlike other products apparently) it has a lifetime warranty and doesnt require inspections or reapplications. They did offer a buisness discount and then another discount because its a ute and only has half an interior. As well as this they will put protection on the tray cover.

I'm rehashing this thread coz I wanted to know if its a COMPLETE waste of money or might there be an situation (like mine) where its not a bad idea. There may still be time to back out as delivery is in a few days.

thanks,

Adam

amckiwi
27-01-2009, 06:49 PM
The chick at the stealership wanted 900 for paitn protection then told me it was not covered by waranty unless i got it

Then tried to get me to do the interior that was 400 and only a ute

They also wanted me to do the extended waranty

Thats nearly 2 grand all up was able to resist ok

The chick did not get to try all her tricks on my my squeeze was sitting beside me and I was forewarned about what was coming

On a side note my squeeze recently got a BMW X3 and no protection of any sort was pushed or offered

Stu

Macros
13-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi there Captiv8, I'm in the midst of trying to negotiate the best price for an X Pack (through MotorOne) treatment, and it would really help me out if you could tell me which dealership was offerring those prices.

They're trying to charge me (XPack with Leather) $1754.50 (GST Incl) & Window Film is $495 (GST incl). I'd feel such a sucker paying that knowing that other dealerships were offering it for half the price!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Devoran
13-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Here's a better solution - tell 'em to stick it up their ass :) Go and get an aftermarket tint done by a reputable tinter (the dealers often use the cheap $99 guys then mark it up 400%) and then find yourself a good mobile detailer that's willing to have a chat to you about your vehicle and your requirements and go ahead and get it done.

You should pay ~$300 for a good aftermarket tint and ~$400 for a decent detail with 2 coats of wax.

Hi Octane
13-08-2009, 03:18 PM
As said stay away from the money making cash cows......