PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FPV GT supercharged V8 ‘Coyote’ spied!

FireArc
12-06-2009, 04:57 PM
A deafening whine made the ears of our spy photographer prick up, that deafening whine was the sound of a supercharged V8 Falcon.

Read the rest here...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/32633/2010-fpv-gt-supercharged-v8-coyote-spied/

RAVENLS1
12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
nice work Ford, i hope it makes heaps more power and torque than the w427

FireArc
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
For those with accounts...there is a thread on AFF about it...though the supercharged bit doesn't really come into the discussion until the last page or two:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247463&page=1&pp=25

Some of the more recent comments in that thread say:

The first engine was fired up recently (last 5 days).

and

The F6 does have one major advantage and that will go (could be referring to the forced induction?)

Which seems to somewhat support the article...if true...

Interesting times...time will tell!

Northy
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
We can expect the upcoming GT to give the HSV Clubsport and GTS a decent run for its money. The engine, code named Coyote, should produce at least 300kW. From there, the supercharger should help it bring power and torque up to HSV beating levels.

Ford are already behind the current offerings from Holden/Walkinshaw, I dont see what the fuss is about.....

HSV,_I_GOT_ONE
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I'll believe it when I see it but if it is on the cards I can't wait! :goodjob: Ford!

iloveholden
12-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Its still ugly :stick:

Quick VE GTS
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Should be good... but its still just a ford :popcorn:

Carby
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Would be nice to see - FPV is doing quite well at the moment. I bet if they do release it it will be cheaper than the equivalent HSV model.

Tre-Cool
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
good on them i say. smaller and more effeciant v8's.

and blowers sound cool too.

vecommo
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
nice work Ford, i hope it makes heaps more power and torque than the w427

Yeah right.

My bet is that it will turn out to be another boat anchor like the Boss V8.

SHANESVZSS
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
should be interesting big cubed hsv Vs charged falcon

i still think the F6 would still kick the ford 8's

vlcalais8
12-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah right.

just like the lovely alloytech lol

serisouly I doubt it will match W427 but should be a tough donk that delivers good power and torque

Uwish
12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Have you seen a whipple sc Gt? They are weapons.
Also the new 5ltr v8 revs to 7000rpm with out any hassle.
So i would say holden will need to step up.

bigdogdazza
12-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Nice job for ford to be updating the boss engine as its a little long in the tooth now. I reckon this is a great thing for holden as when ford brings out this new supercharged 8 maybe holden will work harder and give us even better offerings Hint LS7 would be nice!:rofl::goodjob:

SHANESVZSS
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
theres always the LS9......

payaya
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Could it be the 5.0L Supercharged from the jag?

Oldmate83
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Sounds good, looks like frod and FPV are really starting to take off. I'm considering shifting camps...

Excellent
12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I can't wait for the 5L V8 to arrive. It should be a ripper engine with just enough power and torque to keep most people happy. The best part about the engine is the reduced weight.

Road Warrior
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Could it be the 5.0L Supercharged from the jag?

Nop

It's a Ford engine. Developed for the Mustang and some F-trucks apparently. Although I still think the supercharger is pie-in-the-sky stuff.

The big deal about this is that a Falcon fitted with this engine will have its handling transformed simply because it won't have that heavy cast iron pile of shite hanging over it's front axle. All alloy FTW

As I recall, going to an all alloy V8 did a similar thing for the VT, made the car handle much much better.

macca_779
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Nop

It's a Ford engine. Developed for the Mustang and some F-trucks apparently. Although I still think the supercharger is pie-in-the-sky stuff.

The big deal about this is that a Falcon fitted with this engine will have its handling transformed simply because it won't have that heavy cast iron pile of shite hanging over it's front axle. All alloy FTW

As I recall, going to an all alloy V8 did a similar thing for the VT, made the car handle much much better.

I agree about the Blower but hey it would be nice. The thing is, I remember what the 4.6L was like at full noise. The chain drive on them did give a hint of a blower like whine.. I always found it odd that the BOSS didn't do it, even though it shares alot of similarities to the baby brother... Alluminium block perhaps.

Tyre biter
12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Also the new 5ltr v8 revs to 7000rpm with out any hassle.
So it should if it has OHC, multi-valves and whatnot.:)

theres always the LS9......
Oh I hear you. Wouldn't that be a dream powerplant, please oh please Holden, drop the LS9 into the range...:drool:

Cheers, TB

HSE2
12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah right.

Yep. Once a tool, always a tool

VW Golf R32
12-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Yep. Once a tool, always a tool

vecommo should be banned from non-Holden threads because he is unable to make any constructive comments.

wagnman
13-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Um I might be a bit off the mark here but a little birdy I know that knows his FORD stuff said the whole story is a pile of POO!

He still cant work out how they reckon they are getting the mustang style heads to fit onto the 4.5L block to create a 5.0L and thinks the whole story si a load of CRAP!

Comments?:hide:

HSE2
13-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Um I might be a bit off the mark here but a little birdy I know that knows his FORD stuff said the whole story is a pile of POO!

He still cant work out how they reckon they are getting the mustang style heads to fit onto the 4.5L block to create a 5.0L and thinks the whole story si a load of CRAP!

If he means 4.6 instead of 4.5, that is a mustang engine. The heads fit that engine. That is sort of what modular means. The 4.6 is dead. You don’t get displacement with heads. It’s a new engine.

I haven't seen it but Motor Mag also reportedly have a segment in it.

pelagonia_ss
13-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I doubt it will be quicker than the W427.

VW Golf R32
13-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Miami 5.0 V8 with supercharger.

M&Ms
13-06-2009, 05:41 PM
I doubt it will be quicker than the W427.

It'd be emarrassing if a $65k GT was quicker than a W427, but I'd still like to see that... I'd even be one of the first to buy one!

troytroy
13-06-2009, 06:09 PM
...bring on the competition, it's good for consumers. (not that the F6 hasn't done enough in that regard)

But a competitive V8 would be nice.......the statistics say that FPV buyers still want the V8 sound...maybe these guys will no longer also sacrifice performance.

tyrhantc
13-06-2009, 06:25 PM
If it spurs Holden on to bigger and better things then the Fraud fans and the Holden boys both have a win. Some of these everyday Euros are starting to catch up too much.

payaya
13-06-2009, 06:47 PM
It'd be emarrassing if a $65k GT was quicker than a W427, but I'd still like to see that... I'd even be one of the first to buy one!

Doubt it will cost 65k.

VW Golf R32
13-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Doubt it will cost 65k.

Doubt it will be quicker than the W427.

smokey777
14-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Nice job for ford to be updating the boss engine as its a little long in the tooth now. I reckon this is a great thing for holden as when ford brings out this new supercharged 8 maybe holden will work harder and give us even better offerings Hint LS7 would be nice!:rofl::goodjob:

and a pushrod V8 aint lol???

Party Pete
14-06-2009, 01:24 PM
No, the engine is relatively new, it just uses the less trendy pushrod design. Interestingly, the latest Motor Magazine has a comparison between the BMW 750i (4.4l V8 twin turbo DOHC), Audi S8 (5.3l V10 DOHC), Maserati Quattroporte S (4.7l V8 DOHC) and the humble HSV Grange (6.3l OHV). Despite having arguably the worst gearbox and with only a slight weight advantage, the "old" pushrod motor was the fastest accelerating overall and returned the best fuel economy. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer any of the others (give me the Maserati any day), but you can't knock the LS3 as an efficient and effective motor.

But back to the topic, the new Ford V8 sounds pretty damn good and I see no reason why a supercharged one wouldn't give the W427 a huge run for its money with high 300kw range being easily acheivable.

BossV8
14-06-2009, 04:07 PM
This 5.0Lt engine has been on the cards for quite a while. Ford/FPV years ago (before BA even) toyed and tested with the 5.4 S/C but being a heavy engine, and now having to abide by Euro 4 guidelines they have gone the 5lt. Alloy block and a top mount s/c system will mean it's lighter plus more efficient. It won;t need a hell of a lot of boost to make good power. The Kenne Belle units on the 5.4's now are a good example.

The aftermarket on these things will be very busy, a simple tune will raise the power by quite a bit even before you have to start strengthening internals. Just hope the rest of the car- cv's, uni's etc can handle it. My understanding is both XR8's and GT's will have the same engine but with different power levels.

Holden may be sitting for a bit with this GM strife thing hanging over their heads for the moment, but no doubt they will have something (or already) planned to combat it throughout the models.

theVman
14-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I think this is a great thing. Ford has really started turning themselves around. The turbo 6 has been a godsend for many years and the F6 built on that string reputation. The BA turned things around big time both styling wise and handling.

The v8 boss motor has always been the week link especially when put up against the LS series motors. Add a decent 8 to the lineup and they have a lot to offer and will push Holden and HSV along as well.

I still remember the days when mates had XD/XE Falcons and we had our old VB-VK's (actually I still do :confused:) and while the old 308's were ok they were no match against the old 351. Sure a stroker kit and some head work got the old Holden motor going, mates who spent the same on their motors were still hard to beat. Maybe we will see these good times return.

EgoFG
14-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Doubt it will be quicker than the W427.

Just mulling, I doubt that the Supercharged engine will be released - it seems out of form for Ford.

But reason with me a moment.

If it needs a supercharger to go beyond 320kw it is a pretty poor engine, so lets say that is out starting point. Given the 'mild boost' of the F6 adds say 50% to the power, and with a flat torque curve, you would expect the same for the boosting of the 5.0, that would take it up to 470kw. Now again I state that I do not believe that this will make the market, but if it did with 470kw and a flat torque curve, and the ability to rev to 7, that would beat the 427 (IMHO) unless they put 185s on the rear.

Because of the above simple maths - If this car comes out, It will not be a GT, the market for something a league above GT was tested with the 427 in good times with measure success, times have changed, I doubt that a Ford or Holden over 120,000 would sell enough to justify the cost.

Maybe the thing at the bottom of the fron bar is an oil cooler, and the whine was a power steering pump on it way out.

vlcalais8
14-06-2009, 10:54 PM
F6 runs at around 13PSI from factory which you will not see on any supercharghed (If therer ever is one) 5ltr from Ford. I still think 300 odd KW isnt too bad from an N/A 5 litre with obviously more to crack open. BMW produce 307KW from thier 4ltr V8 (yes more development etc etc that's another issue) so It wouldnt surprise me if easy gains are to be had once more R&D go into the donk from both Ford and aftermarket guys

Evman
14-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Power is one thing but torque is another. The general public (or at least those that are half interested) are waking up to the idea that a high power number isn't always that great. Ford could most likely market the car very well on the torque figure if they went that way.

F6Mauz
14-06-2009, 11:27 PM
They will only run a few psi. A few extra KW but much more NM compared to the NA version. Also makes you wonder who they've partnered with to develop the supercharger...

vlcalais8
15-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Power is one thing but torque is another. The general public (or at least those that are half interested) are waking up to the idea that a high power number isn't always that great. Ford could most likely market the car very well on the torque figure if they went that way.

If Ford marketing had any brains they would of harped on about the F6's torque figures, 565NM with a flat torque "curve" all the way from 2000-5500RPM but no they missed that boat a while back

SimoVXSS
16-06-2009, 10:49 AM
A supercharged V8 is a sweet sound no doubt. If this does go ahead it would be serious competition to the holden/HSV brand.

Best part is it will mean that Holden will have to respond with something just as special. Win Win for all of us

SHANESVZSS
16-06-2009, 11:06 AM
i havnt seen or heard of any supercharged 5.4's do anything special so why would a supercharged 5.0L do any better?

Party Pete
16-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Because the 5.4 is a 20+ yo design and is out of date. It is bit like comparing the old 5 litre Holden V8 to the current LSX design.

macca_779
16-06-2009, 11:25 AM
i havnt seen or heard of any supercharged 5.4's do anything special so why would a supercharged 5.0L do any better?

The Ford GT in the US is a pretty bloody quick car. She aint no LS9.. But its still a bit special.

SHANESVZSS
16-06-2009, 11:30 AM
fair enough i wasnt having a go at it ,i was just courious......

calais190
16-06-2009, 11:36 AM
times have changed, I doubt that a Ford or Holden over 120,000 would sell enough to justify the cost.

As holden saw with the W427 release, they only managed to sell 150 odd, approx. 50 off their targeted 200 sales target. With the economy in the anemic state it is, a 120,000+ Holden or Ford only targets a VERY limited amount of buyers. For this reason,
470kw even if ford released the coyote with a miracle 13psi for a daily driver supercharger, costs would be well into the 100,000s... i doubt it's high priority for ford... A 350kw low psi coyote to be the top of the range GT seems to be much more likely...

About time ford ditched the BOSS.. it was shit anyway..

Super Snake
16-06-2009, 11:39 AM
It would be nice to see Ford create a coupe for this project !

naddis01
23-06-2009, 11:04 PM
A 350kw low psi coyote to be the top of the range GT seems to be much more likely..
Or 351 ;)

It wont be $100000+

mustanger
23-06-2009, 11:10 PM
You have to laugh at the front cover of July 09 Wheels magazine.

FPVs bold plan to smash HSV :lol:

nang3
24-06-2009, 10:06 AM
just like the lovely alloytech lol

serisouly I doubt it will match W427 but should be a tough donk that delivers good power and torque

I dunno about it not matching the W427.. IIRC the FG F6's are fairly close to the W427 in outright performance terms.. Motor or something tested them and they werent much off.. i would say FPV would want to market the 'new' GT as a rung higher than the F6 so it theoretically should be a bit quicker than the 6, maybe not W427 speed but very very close!

F6 runs at around 13PSI from factory which you will not see on any supercharghed (If therer ever is one) 5ltr from Ford. I still think 300 odd KW isnt too bad from an N/A 5 litre with obviously more to crack open. BMW produce 307KW from thier 4ltr V8 (yes more development etc etc that's another issue) so It wouldnt surprise me if easy gains are to be had once more R&D go into the donk from both Ford and aftermarket guys

i thought F6 ran at 9PSI?? or am i thinking BA-BF?

Evman
24-06-2009, 10:32 AM
i thought F6 ran at 9PSI?? or am i thinking BA-BF?

Yeah you're thinkin the older ones :)

ADAM 26
24-06-2009, 10:44 AM
hsv need to do a gtsr with the ls9 in it!

HSVQUE
24-06-2009, 10:50 AM

:yup: :yup: :yup:

nang3
24-06-2009, 12:14 PM
both brands need to release a very angry sounding, politically incorrect blown V8 to give us something to drool over and something to piss off the anti-Hoon/greenie wowsers!!

something that is lumpy as and sounds old school big cube tuff !!

macca_779
24-06-2009, 01:31 PM
both brands need to release a very angry sounding, politically incorrect blown V8 to give us something to drool over and something to piss off the anti-Hoon/greenie wowsers!!

something that is lumpy as and sounds old school big cube tuff !!

And how exactly do you expect something like that to get through modern emission requirements? Sadly those days are long gone.

nang3
24-06-2009, 01:47 PM
haha yeh i know, thats the problem!! pesky redtape and treehugger crap like emissions testing etc...

we need a petrolhead to get high up on the road safety/ADR etc type sectors and can make decisions to please us not the camry drivers of the world!!

pagey
24-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Also makes you wonder who they've partnered with to develop the supercharger...

I have a pretty good idea. :1peek:

New 5.0lt NA = Coyote
Supercharged version = Bigfoot

Auto Ls1
24-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Ford desperately needs a hero car, bring on the GTHO Phase 5.
A bit of competition wouldn't hurt us.

chevypower
24-06-2009, 04:26 PM

wasn't that like an XD or an XE?

vecommo
24-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Where do Ford come up with these stupid code names? I think they have been watching too many cartoons. Maybe GM should call their next V8 'Road Runner'.... the Coyote never catches the Road Runner.:lol:

Pickles
24-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Bought the latest wheels mag today. They're talking about a 5.8 litre 335KW variant, with 350KW available for a GTHO.
They've also said, (as I previously have!) that 300KW is optimistic for a 5L N.A. Engine.
Cheers, Pickles.

Road Warrior
24-06-2009, 08:04 PM
wasn't that like an XD or an XE?

Nah that was just some poxy dealer special. Horrible looking things.

Oh and 'Road Runner' is already taken :jester:

nang3
25-06-2009, 09:32 AM

F6 is pretty much FPV's hero car - big power and enough performance to rival GTS etc !! when i bought mine back in 05-06 no one knew what it was, now everyone seems to know them
Definitely a hit with the younger generations as opposed to old school V8 muscle purists.

Uncle Tone
28-06-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll be watching this with interest. 302's and 351's back in Fords, infinitely and individually adjustable cam timing on all four cams.....perhaps variable length intake runners....sounds like a potent combination in the hands of a decent tuner. Bring it on!

This could be enough to make me switch back to Ford. Lets see what they end up releasing.

chevypower
29-06-2009, 05:09 AM
I'll be watching this with interest. 302's and 351's back in Fords, infinitely and individually adjustable cam timing on all four cams.....perhaps variable length intake runners....sounds like a potent combination in the hands of a decent tuner. Bring it on!

This could be enough to make me switch back to Ford. Lets see what they end up releasing.

A 5.8L Coyote V8 would be sweet, but I have heard nothing of the sort. Just a 5.0L DOHC Coyote V8, and a 6.2L OHC Boss V8, which probably has a cast iron block, as it's intended to be a truck motor. I am sure both will be awesome motors!

leadfoot
20-10-2009, 10:14 AM
from what i've read about the coyote engine , it will have stroke and bore capabillitys 4 up to 5.8 (351 ci).wether or not ford will use all of them,only time will tell.but i'm sure some of our ford counter parts will find all of them.

chevypower
20-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I have only read 5.8L Coyote V8 on Australian motoring websites. And no sources either. I even emailed www.carsales.com.au to ask them where they got information for their report of a future 5.8L Coyote V8. Funny, I got no response back. I have never read it from a US website or any website with a source. So I don't believe there will be one. I don't even have 1% of belief in me that there may be any hope for one. It actually pisses me off that Carsales just reports things like this without even mentioning why they believe Ford would release it. http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009/large-passenger/ford/falcon/fpv-gtho-prototypes-on-the-prowl-16870
They speculate power and torque without saying that they are just speculating. What an unprofessional piece of journalism to say the least.
My thoughts are right now, it is just 5.0L Coyote V8, and the 6.2L SOHC V8. If there is anything else in the pipeline, it will be a bigger version of the 6.2 to replace the V10 in the F-550 and motorhome chassis. (Around 7.0-7.5L?). I would think possibile EcoBoost versions of the engines later on too. I am not convinced a larger Coyote will happen. The Coyote will be more like the European V8s with DOHC (using 4 smallish valves), and eventually direct injection. I think it will be fairly square. The 6.2 will be more like the traditional American V8. 4'' bore with 3.7'' stroke (similar to 351 but longer stroke), iron block, 2 large valves per cylinder.

Torxteer
20-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I have only read 5.8L Coyote V8 on Australian motoring websites. And no sources either. I even emailed www.carsales.com.au to ask them where they got information for their report of a future 5.8L Coyote V8. Funny, I got no response back. I have never read it from a US website or any website with a source. So I don't believe there will be one. I don't even have 1% of belief in me that there may be any hope for one. It actually pisses me off that Carsales just reports things like this without even mentioning why they believe Ford would release it. http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009/large-passenger/ford/falcon/fpv-gtho-prototypes-on-the-prowl-16870
They speculate power and torque without saying that they are just speculating. What an unprofessional piece of journalism to say the least.
My thoughts are right now, it is just 5.0L Coyote V8, and the 6.2L SOHC V8. If there is anything else in the pipeline, it will be a bigger version of the 6.2 to replace the V10 in the F-550 and motorhome chassis. (Around 7.0-7.5L?). I would think possibile EcoBoost versions of the engines later on too. I am not convinced a larger Coyote will happen. The Coyote will be more like the European V8s with DOHC (using 4 smallish valves), and eventually direct injection. I think it will be fairly square. The 6.2 will be more like the traditional American V8. 4'' bore with 3.7'' stroke (similar to 351 but longer stroke), iron block, 2 large valves per cylinder.

6.2 is purely for trucks. I too beleive the 5.8 is just a rumour. Its just so journalists can talk up a 351.
Apparently the first 5.0l will be selling in the Mustang around march next year so NA power levels should be similar to that for the XR8. If there is one that is. FPV will go the supercharger.

QIKMIK
20-10-2009, 09:27 PM
IIRC, the Phase 5 was actually the XA Coupe. Basically all the good bits from the Phase 4 were transplanted into the Coupe and run as Group C cars. I remember the XD "phase 5" kits that chevypower was speaking of. A bloke I used to know had an XD Ute done up quite nicely with one of the vented scoops and an XF front end.

Mick

Spoolin
20-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Funny, when I was ordering my XR a month ago, I said to the dealer build be a twin turbo V8 and I'll take it....His response was "wont be long".

Chevypower, why is what you have speculated any different to what carsales have?

chevypower
21-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Funny, when I was ordering my XR a month ago, I said to the dealer build be a twin turbo V8 and I'll take it....His response was "wont be long".

Chevypower, why is what you have speculated any different to what carsales have?

I don't report my speculations as facts. Also, word is going around about the larger version of the 6.2L V8 - I am not reporting it from nothing. There is also word on EcoBoost versions of both engines going around the internet.
This is a lot different to Carsales saying that there WILL be a 5.8L version of the Coyote engine, and that it WILL have around 350kw/600Nm of torque.

Ghia351
19-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Probably the best guide yet to Ford Oz's Boss 290 replacement...as to FVP...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/18/i-autoweek-i-spills-more-beans-on-the-2011-ford-mustangs-5-0/

6_litre_man
19-12-2009, 11:12 AM

do you mean this one that was supposedly going to happen

http://themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/hsv-gtsr_motormag.jpg

V-Car
19-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Probably the best guide yet to Ford Oz's Boss 290 replacement...as to FVP...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/18/i-autoweek-i-spills-more-beans-on-the-2011-ford-mustangs-5-0/

Posted on an AutoNews blog about that same news.

TOTE wrote:
I won't say what it's going into but picture this: 4 valves per cylinder, continuously variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust and variable valve lift on intakes. Variable intake and exhaust manifold lengths. Common rail Direct injection. 5.6 and 6 liter sizes. Mules have also been tried with rootes type superchargers. Over 900 usable horsepower has been seen but look for mass production figures in the 700's.
The future looks good for this engine in both cars and trucks.
At low accelerator positions the engine is very quiet and seems like it will lug forever; however, crack the accelerator open and the whole nature of this engine changes and it becomes a fire belching beast. Notice I said accelerator not throttle as this engine has no throttle plate in the induction system, relying instead on the accuracy of the direct injection and the variable valve timing to determine the power output. The first time it ran on a dyno, it broke the dyno, tearing the impeller bearings out of the housing, causing the whole thing to grenade. In testing, we have seen 8500 RPM without any mishaps but Redline on production engines will be 7000 RPM, with the rev limiter cutting in at 7300. Despite all of the above, the engine is so effecient that it will give much better fuel ecomomy than would be expected in engines of this size. This engine uses an aluminum block and heads with cast steel cylinder liners. This engine will become a reality within the next 3 years.
A reduced size version of this engine, designed to be built in v-6 and 4 cylinder versions, will actually come out SLIGHTLY earlier with sizes of 4.2,3.2,and 2.1 liter 8,6,&4 cylinders, respectivly. The 4 puts out 244 BHP in naturally aspirated form.
12/18/2009 6:38 PM EST

True or not, take it as you will.

V-Car
19-12-2009, 11:22 AM
do you mean this one that was supposedly going to happen

http://themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/hsv-gtsr_motormag.jpg

That should have happened instead of the W427.

Caprice270
24-02-2010, 12:06 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010/large-passenger/hsv/hsv-not-bothered-by-supercharged-fpv-falcons-18391

I can't believe HSV boss Phil Harding started spinning the old FPV line about the cars "not being all about power". Bloody hell, we all laughed our heads off every time the FPV big whigs would bring out that old line. Now HSV is spinning the same rubbish. I wanted to whack him on the back of the head.

What are HSVs about if not grunt? Is he trying to win the award for world's biggest douche bag? He'd have to be a big douche bag to clean up the corporate blood on the streets outside Clayton when the Coyote arrives.

HSV needs to get it clear in their head - there will be a changing of the guard in V8 superiority as soon as this April. If they don't pull their finger out, they will pay in the sales race.

The F6 may have failed to reel in HSV, but how could it? It sounds like a loud blow dryer. But once FPVs start running rings around HSVs, all the while pumping out a V8 soundtrack, its GAME OVER.

He tells the media he doesn't care about FPV? Audi is there true competition? I mean, this guy has no sense of reality. Does he not understand his customer base, or is he just arrogant? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, maybe he is just an idiot.

BECAUZ
24-02-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010/large-passenger/hsv/hsv-not-bothered-by-supercharged-fpv-falcons-18391

I can't believe HSV boss Phil Harding started spinning the old FPV line about the cars "not being all about power". Bloody hell, we all laughed our heads off every time the FPV big whigs would bring out that old line. Now HSV is spinning the same rubbish. I wanted to whack him on the back of the head.

What are HSVs about if not grunt? Is he trying to win the award for world's biggest douche bag? He'd have to be a big douche bag to clean up the corporate blood on the streets outside Clayton when the Coyote arrives.

HSV needs to get it clear in their head - there will be a changing of the guard in V8 superiority as soon as this April. If they don't pull their finger out, they will pay in the sales race.

The F6 may have failed to reel in HSV, but how could it? It sounds like a loud blow dryer. But once FPVs start running rings around HSVs, all the while pumping out a V8 soundtrack, its GAME OVER.

He tells the media he doesn't care about FPV? Audi is there true competition? I mean, this guy has no sense of reality. Does he not understand his customer base, or is he just arrogant? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, maybe he is just an idiot.

Maybe, just maybe, he knows more then you and he could be right....

Maybe, it no longer is HSV v FPV. The only people that are always comparing HSV to FPV are FPV. What ever the case, Im sure HSV know who there competition is. And if they say its Audi Australia, then audi it is.

Dont forget companies spend money working out who is there primary competitor is.

SHANESVZSS
24-02-2010, 12:40 PM
LOL i love this quote from phil

"When asked if HSV feared a changing of the guard may be imminent once FPV ends Holden's domination in V8 performance with the new supercharged 5.0-litre V8s due in July, Harding told the Carsales Network: "Well, there has been a changing of the guard. Audi sales have gone up enormously and I'm looking upwards at my competition, not downwards."

take that fpv :nutkick:

seedyrom
24-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Business Management 101 says he is an idiot.

You should ALWAYS watch your back in business.

The always referred to example is Encyclopedia Britanica.
They didn't see the Internet as a threat. Bankruptcy gave the owners a chance to think about where they went wrong. :rofl:

Kuzman89
24-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Makes sense to me, HSV and FPV buyers rarely swap teams, so why bother? Especially considering HSV is the dominate brand out of those two.

seedyrom
24-02-2010, 01:33 PM
But ford have won over the 15-25 year old crowd with their cracking inline 6 Turbo. Sound familiar to 22 years ago with Holden?

Brand aspiration and loyalty is being created in the next generation.

For me, a strategic plan should still span at least 15 years. Not 2 years like they do these days. Some other poor bugger will be forced to try and fix a situation that requires more than just a slick ad campaign to rectify.

Kuzman89
24-02-2010, 01:50 PM
yeah alright I agree, good point, HSV/Holden should be looking longterm. Maybe they don't consider FPV to be around in the long term? haha

SHANESVZSS
24-02-2010, 01:54 PM
well audi has a v10 so hsv needs to counter with a v10 of their own :evil:

.............oh well it was worth a try :)

planetdavo
24-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm still amazed by the attention Phil Harding's quotes are getting. :confused:
Smart people in my formative years always said to aim higher than you think you can achieve, or else you will end up being happy achieving half your potential.
Now relate that to HSV.

Kuzman89
24-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I would prefer them competing with bigger/marginally better/more practiced companies, as this is where the major improvments will surface. Competing with FPV is all well and dandy, but when you are beating them it gets abit stale.

Ghia351
24-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Sure there's a bit of arrogance there however let's be honest. Past sales figures and the fact that generally HSV cars have been seen as the faster vehicles have created this position. The F6 is a six and so HSV don't consider it a competitor even if it does just pip their products.

Just for arguements sake, let's say the next GT Falcon is a 351kW 4.2sec 0-100 car. Would anyone here drop their HSV and swap over? I'd say hardly enough would do that to hurt HSV. And maybe that's the reason for HSV's arrogance, they know their buyers are too loyal to make a change that would lead them to eat humble pie.

Ghia351
24-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm still amazed by the attention Phil Harding's quotes are getting. :confused:
Smart people in my formative years always said to aim higher than you think you can achieve, or else you will end up being happy achieving half your potential.
Now relate that to HSV.
Sure in business 101 aim high, but also watch your back. I'm surprised that your amazed at his quotes getting attention, he is the head of a well regarded car brand afterall. Maybe the fact no-one apart from him thinks HSV buyers had an Audi on their shopping list could be a factor in the mirth some readers derive. Plus where are all the Euro cars in the HSV second hand lots, lol?

Caprice270
24-02-2010, 04:24 PM
A lot of teenage guys are FPV fans even if their dad is a no-compromise HSV supporter. Just get them alone without their dad in ear-shot and they start talking about F6s. Saying HSV supporters will not switch may be true, but their sons will start-off as FPV fans if HSV don't move on forced induction.

Forced induction is the new battle-ground.

Its no longer about V8 vs Turbo 6. Its about forced induction vs naturally aspirated.

The change will happen because now FPV have done what they should have done all along - put a blower on the V8 rather than the in-line 6.

People are starting to find natural aspiration too main stream, too pedestrian, too stuck in the past. Think about it - the XR6 is now the biggest seller in the Ford line-up. That means every man and his dog has a car with big rims, spoilers, skirts, bolstered seats etc. Hardcore car fans need differentiation...in future, anything short of forced induction will get creamed on the Australian performance car scene.

Thats not to say that naturally aspirated motors don't belong in muscle cars - just that Australian muscle can no longer stand apart from the super market crowd if there's no forced induction.

Pickles
24-02-2010, 05:22 PM
As I've said before, I'm quite certain HSV aren't at all concerned about what FPV's new engine is, but I'm sure they'll be interested, which is not the same thing.
HSV have a massive range of powerplants to choose from, & I'm sure they will have whatever resources they need, to move forward in the "KW Competition", if & when, THEY feel the need.
Exciting times.
Cheers, Pickles.

Hamster
24-02-2010, 05:57 PM
It's great there's so much going on in terms of engine development at the moment. Hopefully this will force both manufacturers to improve their products and come up with more efficient and powerful engines. Would love to see forced induction 6's and 8's from Holden.....

planetdavo
24-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Sure in business 101 aim high, but also watch your back. I'm surprised that your amazed at his quotes getting attention, he is the head of a well regarded car brand afterall. Maybe the fact no-one apart from him thinks HSV buyers had an Audi on their shopping list could be a factor in the mirth some readers derive. Plus where are all the Euro cars in the HSV second hand lots, lol?

You would perhaps like to read Pickles post just above.
Does anyone seriously believe HSV management don't watch FPV's moves??? :confused: They don't have to tell every single person in the world what every single thing they discuss in the boardroom is! I honestly can't see Ford allowing FPV to even match the levels of what HSV can do, let alone exceed them. Holden/HSV have access to ready made crate engine options, plus have higher local sales and an export market to profit from, allowing them a bigger development budget.
Note things like E series sheet metal changes, completely unique rear design, MRC etc.
FPV have none of that, yet HSV have been doing it for 3 1/2 years...

macca33
24-02-2010, 06:28 PM
......snip............Just for arguements sake, let's say the next GT Falcon is a 351kW 4.2sec 0-100 car. Would anyone here drop their HSV and swap over? I'd say hardly enough would do that to hurt HSV. And maybe that's the reason for HSV's arrogance, they know their buyers are too loyal to make a change that would lead them to eat humble pie.

I am not so certain of this. In the current climate of vehicle leases, the business owner / corporate punters - who make up a fair proportion of the HSV / FPV demographic, may certainly be persuaded to change sides.

After all, it is ALL about the number - take a look at this site, for example. Plenty of less-informed people are excited by the more powerful car, or the highest engine output and this fact is perpetuated by the ever-increasing results people who modify their cars wish to obtain. People who are NOT into modifications (or are in a small way) also like to spruik the BIG number to their friends / neighbours / work colleagues / golf club compatriots, etc, etc...

For many, the E series doesn't do a lot and they may have been waiting for a long time for FPV to match the performance of HSV - in an 8 cylinder marque - now, they may just do so and sales may reflect this - if it eventuates.

cheers

Ghia351
24-02-2010, 06:58 PM
As I've said before, I'm quite certain HSV aren't at all concerned about what FPV's new engine is, but I'm sure they'll be interested, which is not the same thing.
HSV have a massive range of powerplants to choose from, & I'm sure they will have whatever resources they need, to move forward in the "KW Competition", if & when, THEY feel the need.
Exciting times.
Cheers, Pickles.I don't know myself however do the current engines meet future emmision targets. Now there's discussion starting on EuroV and EuroVI for Aust. with EuroVI commencing earlier then planned. I guess that's no problem for Holden/HSV if US standards are similar or more stringent.

Ghia351
24-02-2010, 07:26 PM
You would perhaps like to read Pickles post just above.
Does anyone seriously believe HSV management don't watch FPV's moves??? :confused: They don't have to tell every single person in the world what every single thing they discuss in the boardroom is! I honestly can't see Ford allowing FPV to even match the levels of what HSV can do, let alone exceed them. Holden/HSV have access to ready made crate engine options, plus have higher local sales and an export market to profit from, allowing them a bigger development budget.
Note things like E series sheet metal changes, completely unique rear design, MRC etc.
FPV have none of that, yet HSV have been doing it for 3 1/2 years...In the scheme of things this is so minor however I find it amusing.
As you have stated, we can't seriously believe they don't watch FPV, so why even bother to say otherwise. It just makes the smell of goose appear too easily. Almost Fawlty Towerish in "don't mention the war"...the goose step anyone...

Maybe you can answer based on some knoweldge I don't have: How many current HSV owners do you think looked at an Audi or even any other brand before signing on the HSV contract? I'm guessing less then 5%, and I'm being very generous.

In my business education I've learnt "choose your words wisely because you can't change them once they go public"...just ask Basil.

Caprice270
24-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Did anyone else notice that Harding did not refer to FPV by name? He kept referring to them as "another manufacturer" . He's running away so fast from the forced induction challenge that FPV has become the competitor that HSV "dare not speak its name".

This is not business 101, it is spin 101. And people are growing tired of spin. The ALP governments around the country are giving us enough of it already, the last thing we need is for HSV to add to the spin traffic.

He should acknowledge that teens around the country are about to grow up with forced induction V8s in the driveway and he should make some sort of commitment to keeping HSV at the forefront of engine development.

Forget all this jibberish about advanced driving technologies. That should be a bloody given.

Pickles
25-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Did anyone else notice that Harding did not refer to FPV by name? He kept referring to them as "another manufacturer" . He's running away so fast from the forced induction challenge that FPV has become the competitor that HSV "dare not speak its name".

This is not business 101, it is spin 101. And people are growing tired of spin. The ALP governments around the country are giving us enough of it already, the last thing we need is for HSV to add to the spin traffic.

He should acknowledge that teens around the country are about to grow up with forced induction V8s in the driveway and he should make some sort of commitment to keeping HSV at the forefront of engine development.

Forget all this jibberish about advanced driving technologies. That should be a bloody given.
Your second last paragraph......that's just the point....AT THE MOMENT, HSV DO have the best engine, so at the moment they DON'T need to do anything, but I'll GURANTEE that if, & when, a challenge occurs, HSV will be up for it.....wait & see.
Cheers, Pickles.

SHANESVZSS
25-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Your second last paragraph......that's just the point....AT THE MOMENT, HSV DO have the best engine, so at the moment they DON'T need to do anything, but I'll GURANTEE that if, & when, a challenge occurs, HSV will be up for it.....wait & see.
Cheers, Pickles.

110% true pickles HSV can use any engine in the GM "toy box" and theres plenty of ammo in there

V-Car
25-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Cheers, Pickles.

The difference this time is that they may be kept honest on pricing!
Last time HSV raided the parts bin they charged $70k more for a $15k (retail) engine.
If there was no s/c Coyote engine, there would be no LSA (or LS9) in a Holden, and now that there might be, it certainly wont cost anything like $150k.

Caprice270
25-02-2010, 09:08 AM
If HSV is serious about taking on Audi, they need to offer more options to customers instead of their current cookie-cut offerings.

Open up an Audi, BMW and Mercedes brochure and one thing jumps out at you - options. Hundreds of combinations. Interior/exterior/drivelines can all be highly customised.

In contrast, at the moment, you can choose any interior colour for a Clubsport, as long as its black.

GODSMACK
25-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Open up an Audi, BMW and Mercedes brochure and one thing jumps out at you - options.

what about the difference in price?

cheech09
25-02-2010, 09:35 AM
If HSV want to play with Audi and the Euro Team,
They should think about beginning with the basics like
putting in a light in the glove box and the centre console box which they did in the first VE R8 and then decided to remove it in the VE MY09 series, god knows why the boffins decided to cut costs with a $2 item.
Bought two VE's and love them both but please finish a car properly especially when dropping $65000.

SHANESVZSS
25-02-2010, 09:49 AM
also maybe a full size spare.. its the little things that add up

Pickles
25-02-2010, 10:10 AM
The difference this time is that they may be kept honest on pricing!
Last time HSV raided the parts bin they charged $70k more for a $15k (retail) engine.
If there was no s/c Coyote engine, there would be no LSA (or LS9) in a Holden, and now that there might be, it certainly wont cost anything like $150k.
Your comment re the W427 has been done to death on this forum.....suffice to say, I don't agree with you.
Secondly, if HSV ever use the LS9 in a vehicle, that vehicle will not be "mainstream", & I'll guarantee you, your comment "won't cost anything like $150K", will also prove to be incorrect.
Cheers, pickles.

nang3
25-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Your second last paragraph......that's just the point....AT THE MOMENT, HSV DO have the best V8 engine, so at the moment they DON'T need to do anything with their V8, but I'll GURANTEE that if, & when, a challenge occurs with a ford V8, HSV will be up for it.....wait & see.
Cheers, Pickles.

fixed for ya !!

but your right, lucky for HSV they can just call their seppo suppliers and get a new crate motor sent over with SFA R&D needed..

im very much looking forward to seeing what HSV's reply to a blown FPV V8 will be, especially since il be up for a new car sometime this year and would love a V8 soundtrack to go along with the rush of an FI setup!

Kuzman89
25-02-2010, 11:41 AM
IMO HSV have better engines all round then FPV do, whilst the 4.0l T is a great setup, the sound, reliability and several other factors leave alot to be desired. In my opinion!!!

planetdavo
25-02-2010, 11:43 AM

Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup did not refer to the opposition (and their previous brand) by actual name either on the weekend. Are they sh!t scared too? :confused: Move on ffs people.
Spin is everywhere. If people can't deal with it, do not turn on the tv, read a paper or look at the internet ever again.
Imagine if HSV put out a press release, stating that "We are so sh!t scared of FPV's new engine, even though hardly anyone has even driven it yet, that we are going to give in and maybe even close down", just to avoid spin...:eek:

Caprice270
25-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not having a go at HSV, more having a go at Phil Harding's assertion that they compete with Audi not FPV.

I walk into HSV and what choice do I have - One sedan shape, one motor.

Audi's performance range offers many more body styles, many more engine options (including V8s, V10s, V12s and forced induction variants), many more interior combinations etc etc. Convertibles, coupes, 4-door coupes, sedans in all sizes, the list goes on.

I understand that HSV is cheap...but an Audi competitor it isn't. Before it can compete with the Germans they need to offer more choices

FireArc
25-02-2010, 12:47 PM
I honestly can't see Ford allowing FPV to even match the levels of what HSV can do, let alone exceed them.

In terms of advertised output i tend to agree with you. The badge will have one number but i would be very interested to see actuals once a few of them are sold and hit dyno's to get baseline factory figures.

The prime example is the FG F6; these are dyno'ing at 280-290RWKW stock but are advertised at what...315KW?? Now either Ford has the best drive line in the planet with the least KW loss to the wheels or there is some funny business going on here by FPV marketing.

The XR6T is another example where the dyno's are showing 250-260RWKW for an 'advertised' 270KW vehicle...again something isn't adding up here!

I think you may find the battle will shift from just big KW and big engines to smarter more efficient engines (such as using forced induction on smaller engines) to produce bigger NM but more efficient cars to avoid another 'supercar scare'.

I'd be interested to see what GM can do without continuing to make bigger & bigger engines?

Ghia351
25-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup did not refer to the opposition (and their previous brand) by actual name either on the weekend. Are they sh!t scared too? :confused: Move on ffs people.
Spin is everywhere. If people can't deal with it, do not turn on the tv, read a paper or look at the internet ever again.
Imagine if HSV put out a press release, stating that "We are so sh!t scared of FPV's new engine, even though hardly anyone has even driven it yet, that we are going to give in and maybe even close down", just to avoid spin...:eek:Davo, Davo, Davo I think you've had some bad coffee and going off in a tangent. The basic issue here is that twice the HSV boss has tried to convince the press and ultimately the buying public that their products are Audi competitors. Do you honestly believe he is right? That's the only point I'm amused about. You called it aiming high, thats fine, just make sure you have the armoury to support your claim and FPV and HSV don't have the same "gun store" as Audi. They're not in the same league on budgets, build quality, dealer service, support, brand image....and pricing obviously.

planetdavo
25-02-2010, 12:59 PM
In terms of advertised output i tend to agree with you. The badge will have one number but i would be very interested to see actuals once a few of them are sold and hit dyno's to get baseline factory figures.

The prime example is the FG F6; these are dyno'ing at 280-290RWKW stock but are advertised at what...315KW?? Now either Ford has the best drive line in the planet with the least KW loss to the wheels or there is some funny business going on here by FPV marketing.

The XR6T is another example where the dyno's are showing 250-260RWKW for an 'advertised' 270KW vehicle...again something isn't adding up here!

I think you may find the battle will shift from just big KW and big engines to smarter more efficient engines (such as using forced induction on smaller engines) to produce bigger NM but more efficient cars to avoid another 'supercar scare'.

I'd be interested to see what GM can do without continuing to make bigger & bigger engines?

I meant it more in terms of the total package offered. FPV are basically still modifying in the areas HSV used to up to VZ. Pretty much just bolt-ons etc, rather than fundamental engineering upgrades like MRC, and different sheetmetal.
Re your comments about the turbo 6, it sounds the same as Holden with the VS supercharged V6. Apparently it made for power then the V8, but for "marketing reasons", it had a lower quoted output.

planetdavo
25-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Davo, Davo, Davo I think you've had some bad coffee and going off in a tangent. The basic issue here is that twice the HSV boss has tried to convince the press and ultimately the buying public that their products are Audi competitors. Do you honestly believe he is right? That's the only point I'm amused about. You called it aiming high, thats fine, just make sure you have the armoury to support your claim and FPV and HSV don't have the same "gun store" as Audi. They're not in the same league on budgets, build quality, dealer service, support, brand image....and pricing obviously.

Do you only care so much because it hopefully deflects the attention off your own favoured blue brand? :1peek:
Maybe he aspires to HSV being like Audi one day. Maybe he's full of sh!t.
Old Audi weren't like current Audi in the past either, but look at them now.
Must be a slow news week.

Ghia351
25-02-2010, 01:17 PM
In a blatant attempt to refocus this thread,....

the Ford Oz Pres finally publically admitted that the XR8, which had rumours growing about it's demise come new V8 engine swap, was in fact staying in the range. Sadly the new rumour is that the FPV Pursuit utes might be dropped

.....now resume cannibalism.

under8ted
25-02-2010, 01:19 PM
A GT will be offered at 325kw and a GTHO will be offered with 335kw as I`ve heard.

SHANESVZSS
25-02-2010, 01:19 PM
In a blatant attempt to refocus this thread,....

the Ford Oz Pres finally publically admitted that the XR8, which had rumours growing about it's demise come new V8 engine swap, was in fact staying in the range. Sadly the new rumour is that the FPV Pursuit utes might be dropped

.....now resume cannibalism.

i wonder if thats due to the f6 ute out selling the pursuit? come to think of it ive only seen a handfull of fg fpv utes around , dont seem them around much at all

Ghia351
25-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Do you only care so much because it hopefully deflects the attention off your own favoured blue brand? :1peek:
Maybe he aspires to HSV being like Audi one day. Maybe he's full of sh!t.
Old Audi weren't like current Audi in the past either, but look at them now.
Must be a slow news week.lol, hardly, sure I love my Fords and it all started when I saw my first 351 XE Ghia ESP in my parent's driveway. You'd be surprised to learn that prior to that I wished for a VH SL/E 5.0. G6ET I own now is the best thing for the money in this country imho, but I think you're missing my point and are becoming a little miffed. Sorry for going o/t mods.

planetdavo
25-02-2010, 01:27 PM
More spin than a Phil Harding press release there Ghia...:lmao:

Ghia351
25-02-2010, 01:39 PM
More spin than a Phil Harding press release there Ghia...:lmao:my god brother commited suicide in that XE ghia so please.... you weren't to know.....

planetdavo
25-02-2010, 01:58 PM
my god brother commited suicide in that XE ghia so please.... you weren't to know.....

Sorry to hear that, but honestly that wont be the only reason you are a Ford fan.
I really do hope Ford has a competitive V8 engine this time around. None of us will honestly know though until they release it, hence perhaps why this thread went fully off topic and took aim again at Phil Harding. There's little left to discuss until this motor comes out.

Ghia351
25-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, but honestly that wont be the only reason you are a Ford fan.
I really do hope Ford has a competitive V8 engine this time around. None of us will honestly know though until they release it, hence perhaps why this thread went fully off topic and took aim again at Phil Harding. There's little left to discuss until this motor comes out.I'm a Ford fan because of the car, and this is definately not the place to continue.

To the mods, I recieved a PM saying one of my post's was deleted and unfortunately I can't reply to the PM. As far a I can remember none of my posts have been deleted.

Road Warrior
25-02-2010, 02:50 PM
i wonder if thats due to the f6 ute out selling the pursuit? come to think of it ive only seen a handfull of fg fpv utes around , dont seem them around much at all

I don't think they sell many at all. The Falcon ute isn't a performance vehicle, it's a workhorse.

Pickles
25-02-2010, 02:56 PM
A GT will be offered at 325kw and a GTHO will be offered with 335kw as I`ve heard.

They will have to do better than that......and I hope they do.....and then HSV will respond.......as I've said previously....."if they feel the need",.....and with those numbers, maybe they won't!
As Davo said, it's all pure speculation at the moment anyway, but I don't think we've got too long to wait.
Cheers, Pickles.

nang3
25-02-2010, 03:02 PM
IMO HSV have better engines all round then FPV do, whilst the 4.0l T is a great setup, the sound, reliability and several other factors leave alot to be desired. In my opinion!!!

IMO :

HSV have 1 pretty damn good V8 motor, zero turbo motors

FPV have 1 pretty damn good turbo motor + a reasonable V8

whats this "reliability and several other factors leave alot to be desired" things that you mentioned about the turbo ford??

Caprice270
25-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Wheels has said the GT will be 335kw and GTHO 375kw. XR8 will be 307kw.

Still no certainty but them's big numbers.

bouka
25-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Wheels has said the GT will be 335kw and GTHO 375kw. XR8 will be 307kw.

Still no certainty but them's big numbers.

I reckon wheels is wrong :hide:

FPV Coyote will be a very good thing. Will definately give the HSV product a run for it's money.

HSV not considering itself a FPV competitor is a joke.

HSV aiming at Audi byers is commendable but just as funny.

I am not knocking HSV at all. I am a big fan of the product and, for the most part, have been looked after very well by the HSV gang.

I am simply offering a shortened version of MY OPINION.

Ps. I am one of those buyers that would buy an FPV if it is a good product.

Phonic
25-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Ps. I am one of those buyers that would buy an FPV if it is a good product.

I'm the same, I go for what I think is the better product at the time, not the badge. :D

hsv-105
25-02-2010, 06:09 PM
If FPV can deliver the goods I'll certainly be looking at purchasing one.

I am a little disheartened with the way HSV is heading.

HSV need a wake up call and I reckon it isn't too far away.

As long as FPV don't go for the day lights :spew:

Spoolin
25-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree with the last three posters...as a matter of FACT I'm living proof of the fact...not a fan boy as one eyed morons would like to pigeon hole people!

Evman
25-02-2010, 08:47 PM
To get such low power figures FPV will either need to run very low boost, or more likely, they're going to be very conservative on the power outputs.

They are going to be a ripper, but HSV already have a much bigger hitter at hand in the form of Walkinshaw upgrades. I'd imagine that the two will become much stronger partners if the Supercharged FPV eventuates.

duke5700
25-02-2010, 08:51 PM
If they can crack a decent V8 they will have two great mills to offer.

One question when is the I6 destined to being non emmisions compliant? Maybe the 8 will be the new hero motor?

HSV have a couple of engines in the inventory if they feel the need. The LS3 is a pretty damn awesome small block, I am sure they can tweak a few more ponies with ECU and breathing changes anyway. If it still doesnt do it for the market, you have the LSA in the caddy or the LS9 for the flagship.

AndrewR8
26-02-2010, 08:37 AM
If FPV can deliver the goods I'll certainly be looking at purchasing one.

I am a little disheartened with the way HSV is heading.

HSV need a wake up call and I reckon it isn't too far away.

Agreed,

You know I have seen several E2s getting around now, none had their daytime running lights on?????

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 08:49 AM

They probably don't need to Mark, as they have already cornered "w@nk" with their start button after turning the key around in the normal ignition barrel. :confused:

I can see the market soon where half the new cars will have an exhaust out each side, indicators in the mirrors, a start button, and daytime running lights. Many already have the first two, with the 3rd one increasing in popularity for some stupid reason.
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

gasguz
26-02-2010, 09:05 AM
They probably don't need to Mark, as they have already cornered "w@nk" with their start button after turning the key around in the normal ignition barrel. :confused:

At least Ford have it on the inside, HSV have both a w@nk & tryhard ricer front & rear. Not to mention a bonnet that was from a failed export exercise. I think they missed their target buyer by trying to intice rice buyers.

As much as I dont like saying as I am a Holden man through & through but the HSV E2 is a ugly car IMO, I was even down at FTG Holden yesterday picking up some parts & tried to find something I liked about the E2 cars, but they look even more tacky in the flesh. Their best point of view for the E2 is inside the thing, that way you cant see it at all. I still notice that they had plenty in stock for immediate delivery, along with most other HSV dealers out there. I could count on 1 hand the number that I have seen on the road & for a car released before Xmas I would expect to see more, like all the other models HSV's that have been released.

Lets just see what ford bring to the table, as it cant be any worse than what HSV has done to the VE2.

Cheers

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 09:13 AM
At least Ford have it on the inside, HSV have both a w@nk & tryhard ricer front & rear. Not to mention a bonnet that was from a failed export exercise. I think they missed their target buyer by trying to intice rice buyers.

Lets just see what ford bring to the table, as it cant be any worse than what HSV has done to the VE2.

Cheers

They've already given us those "racoon eyes"...:spew:
I am mildly amused that DRL's are called "rice", yet go and have a look at some of Merc/AMG's current offerings.
DRL's all mounted separately in the front bumper bar...:)

gasguz
26-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I am mildly amused that DRL's are called "rice", yet go and have a look at some of Merc/AMG's current offerings.

Do you really need to post in every thread about 30 times???. Are you trying to get the top poster spot back???

I was not even talking about the DRL's when I was talking about the HSV looking like a ricer, show me where I even mentioned the DRL's, but since you mention it yeah you are right, they do add to the ricer look of the car, along with the tacky bonnet, front bar & the copied Aurion wannabe rear bar with the shark gills. You will notice I also added IMO which stands for "In my Opinion". So to summerize IMO HSV E2 = Epic fail. Sales should reflect this once figures released. I bet this will be the slowest selling HSV series of all time. Unless they have all been snapped up & put into sheds to save us from looking at them.

Cant wait to read your next 20 posts in this thread.

Cheers

Road Warrior
26-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah sorry those raccoon eyes on the FPV's are a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned, they look bloody stupid IMO

mjrandom
26-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Don't be surprised if DRLs become an ADR requirement in the not so distant future. I drive a lot of country roads so I like the things. And as for the looks of the E2 if you don't like it don't buy it! I had a VT II SS but didn't buy a VY/VZ for that reason and went with the Ford based product.

I would happily swap into an FPV if they had a viable V8 and not a boat anchor and did away with the power bulge thing in the bonnet. Plus they need to fit decent tyres (size and grip) and brakes and tie the back end down. Oh or an S4 or S5 or M3 or M5 or AMG anything if I found a money tree!

For what it is worth I chose my E2 R8 after a back to back drive of a demo F6 and my E1 then a demo E2 on the same roads, same conditions. But that is my choice yours is probably going to be different. I am fine with that.

I reckon the new Ford V8 is going to be a cracker so I am hoping that HSV will give it some competition in time for me to have a difficult choice at the next upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!

Carby
26-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Hate to say it, but on the road the E2's scream of ricer. I thought initially they would stand out - they do, but for the wrong reasons!:bawl:

Will definitely not upgrade to a new HSV while they continue with the current external styling of the front and absolutely abominal looking rear.:spew::spew:

FireArc
26-02-2010, 10:35 AM
They are going to be a ripper, but HSV already have a much bigger hitter at hand in the form of Walkinshaw upgrades.

While i see your point, why do people keep comparing a factory vehicle to an aftermarket vehicle? How much $$ for a fully built Walkinshaw? What standards/regulations do Walkinshaw need to meet (emission?safety?warranty?)

Ford/Holden and to a slightly lesser extent HSV/FPV are car manufacturers required to meet a raft of industry standards/regulations to design, engineer, build and sell cars. Walkinshaw is not a car manufacturer they are an aftermarket performance company like HPF/Bluepower/etc/etc that take an existing product and make it something else at a premium. Yes Holden/HSV/Walkinshaw more or less have the same owners but the purposes of each entity are very different.

If HSV/Holden bring out a factory supercharged vehicle then we are comparing apples with apples.

They will have to do better than that......and I hope they do.....and then HSV will respond.......as I've said previously....."if they feel the need",.....and with those numbers, maybe they won't!
As Davo said, it's all pure speculation at the moment anyway, but I don't think we've got too long to wait.
Cheers, Pickles.

Again, you will find under8ated used the term 'offered'. What is advertised and what is actuals could be two very different things! Refer to my post on a previous post (1 or 2 pages back) regarding the FG F6 for an example.

Tell me, what do you think would win in a race between a 325KW Naturally Aspirated V8 and a 325KW supercharged V8??

I would put my money down on the supercharged vehicle every time (barring massive wheel spin lol), purely for the NM factor which people keep forgetting is the main gain of this supercharged GT. Not to mention the huge weight loss realised from dropping the boat anchor 5.4l Boss.

Yep - it's all speculation but it's fun discussing (FWIW i'm not having a go at anyone, just enjoying a chat) and it's getting grass root fans excited in both camps. At the very least, it has triggered Walkinshaw to offer their packages cheaper as the economies of scale realised through a car manufacturer (as opposed to aftermarket) may allow FPV to offer it a fair whack cheaper than a Walkinshaw package...whoops there i go comparing FPV with Walkinshaw now lol :D

nang3
26-02-2010, 10:37 AM

I see Audis all teh time with the LED lights, except they look integrated into the car... the HSV's IMO look like they have been added on the day after purchase by the local spotty git at SuperPro... I prefer the E1 overall in terms of looks but my mates got an E2 in electric blue that looks pretty nice, goes pretty well too

Ellistwo
26-02-2010, 11:47 AM
The coyote into Falcon must as exciting as eating twisties while watching porn to Ford fans and swingers, but really guys it's not going to get the public out on the kerbs waving tributory flags as it passes by.

When it is released the Fordoholics will be out there with stories like:

Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

and just when things are going swimmingly well, Ford or GM will put a stick in the spokes as usual.

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Do you really need to post in every thread about 30 times???. Are you trying to get the top poster spot back???

Cant wait to read your next 20 posts in this thread.

Cheers

What, not the top poster anymore? :lmao::rofl::confused:
The only reason I know about my post count is because certain people with too much spare time on their hands keep checking up on it, don't separate all the posts that provide genuinely helpful information, then post up their simpleton opinions on why it might be so high...:teach:

Evman
26-02-2010, 05:59 PM
While i see your point, why do people keep comparing a factory vehicle to an aftermarket vehicle? How much $$ for a fully built Walkinshaw? What standards/regulations do Walkinshaw need to meet (emission?safety?warranty?)

As I said, I think it could be likely that HSV and Walkinshaw would become much closer. If HSV were offering Walkinshaw upgraded cars through the dealerships then the line between factory and aftermarket becomes very thin. As for emissions, they are sorted. Even Marks Workshop here in W.A. has full compliance for supercharged cars. I'm not sure how a supercharger makes a car any less safe unless you take the ridiculous position of power = danger. Walkinshaw either have or are very close to offering full warranty to match that of the factory vehicles. So with a stronger partnership a Walkinshaw HSV is a good possibility.

As for price, a Walkinshaw Supercharger is $15,600 fitted.

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 06:14 PM
HSV are required to meet not only full ADR compliance, but also GM's corporate engineering targets, whereas WP (being aftermarket) don't. Nothing that WP currently do will have been subjected to that level of testing. Plenty of expense would be required to pursue this path of manufacturer approval. Basically all the work Prodrive would have had to do with Ford for the new FPV's.
There is a substantial difference between Holden offering full warranty on a complete new car, and WP offering their equivalent warranty on what they have modified. It leaves some rather sticky areas should something go boom.

oranpark_addict
26-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I see Audis all teh time with the LED lights, except they look integrated into the car... the HSV's IMO look like they have been added on the day after purchase by the local spotty git at SuperPro... I prefer the E1 overall in terms of looks but my mates got an E2 in electric blue that looks pretty nice, goes pretty well too

I think that the 'rice' comment was in regard to the chunks of bumpers on E2's rather than the DRL's

gasguz
26-02-2010, 06:29 PM
What, not the top poster anymore? :lmao::rofl::confused:
The only reason I know about my post count is because certain people with too much spare time on their hands keep checking up on it, don't separate all the posts that provide genuinely helpful information, then post up their simpleton opinions on why it might be so high...:teach:

LOL, you calling me simple LOL, thats a cracker you little keyboard warrior. Why is it that you dont turn up to any of the cruises etc?? I probably know already so no need to worry.

Please get off your high horse little fella, it tells you who is the top poster on the log in page, you of all people should know where it is, dont have to go searching if it is right there in front of you each time you log on..:rofl::rofl:

Show me anywhere in this thread how your posts could be taken as being helpful, this is about opinions on the rumour of a new ford, how can your know it all information help out in the case?? & why do you need to give your genuinely helpful information 11 times in the 1 thread?? with more to come. Almost 10% of the 130+ posts are yours, build a bridge

Whatever ford do, IMO it will be better than the E2 HSV cars, simple enough for you. As they could not look any worse.

The floor is given back to planetweirdo for more of his genuinely helpful information on rumours. Sorry to have wasted anyones time, except weirdos of course.

Evman
26-02-2010, 06:29 PM
In addition and in a real industry break through, Walkinshaw Performance customers can now warranty their supercharger modification for the balance of their new vehicle warranty at no extra cost.

The warranty covers the driveline of the vehicle.

Link (http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp/au/news/news.asp?ID=355)

As stated, for $15,600 you can get a fully warranted 480kw supercharger upgrade from Walkinshaw. If HSV offered their dealer centres as Walkinshaw dealer centres then you could order your HSV, tick the Walkinshaw supercharger upgrade (and whatever else you want from Walkinshaw) and take delivery of your blown HSV, fully warranted by HSV and Walkinshaw.

Supercharged Holdens have been available (fully warranted) in the UK since the Monaro days, with the same agreement where the supercharger supplier offers the warranty coverage of the driveline.

Why don't we wait until we find out the details of the Walkinshaw warranty before we start talking about "sticky areas" Davo.

BLACK 346
26-02-2010, 06:34 PM
LOL, you calling me simple LOL, thats a cracker you little keyboard warrior. Why is it that you dont turn up to any of the cruises etc?? I probably know already so no need to worry.

Please get off your high horse little fella, it tells you who is the top poster on the log in page, you of all people should know where it is, dont have to go searching if it is right there in front of you each time you log on..:rofl::rofl:

Show me anywhere in this thread how your posts could be taken as being helpful, this is about opinions on the rumour of a new ford, how can your know it all information help out in the case?? & why do you need to give your genuinely helpful information 11 times in the 1 thread?? with more to come. Almost 10% of the 130+ posts are yours, build a bridge

Whatever ford do, IMO it will be better than the E2 HSV cars, simple enough for you. As they could not look any worse.

The floor is given back to planetweirdo for more of his genuinely helpful information on rumours. Sorry to have wasted anyones time, except weirdos of course.

Mate, don't waste your time, take a breath and ignore him :)

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Link (http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp/au/news/news.asp?ID=355)

As stated, for $15,600 you can get a fully warranted 480kw supercharger upgrade from Walkinshaw. If HSV offered their dealer centres as Walkinshaw dealer centres then you could order your HSV, tick the Walkinshaw supercharger upgrade (and whatever else you want from Walkinshaw) and take delivery of your blown HSV, fully warranted by HSV and Walkinshaw.

Supercharged Holdens have been available (fully warranted) in the UK since the Monaro days, with the same agreement where the supercharger supplier offers the warranty coverage of the driveline.

Why don't we wait until we find out the details of the Walkinshaw warranty before we start talking about "sticky areas" Davo.

So, like I said rather clearly, where do GM/Holden get a mention...? :confused:

Evman
26-02-2010, 06:57 PM

What are you talking about Davo? You never asked anything (clearly or not) about where HSV and Holden stand :weirdo: You simply pointed out what the companies need to go through to offer their warranties and that Walkinshaw don't have to meet that same criteria. However, if Walkinshaw take on the driveline warranty for the remainder of the vehicle warranty (as stated in the link) then Holden and HSV obviously continue to warrant everything else.

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 07:04 PM
What are you talking about Davo? If Walkinshaw take on the driveline warranty for the remainder of the vehicle warranty (as stated in the link) then Holden and HSV obviously continue to warrant everything else.

Perhaps the best way to explain it in an easy to understand way is to think of it like a car that is under new car warranty, but it is serviced by an independent workshop.
Something goes boom. Holden blame the independent workshop for poor work. The independent workshop blame Holden for a faulty component. Since one blames the other and neither will give in, does the owner want to take it to court to try and solve it?
Hence my use of the word "sticky". WP will have plenty of conditions on their warranty, just as Holden do. :)

Evman
26-02-2010, 07:08 PM
How does "the warranty covers the driveline of the vehicle" relate in any way to "Walkinshaw will try and pin it on Holden/HSV"? You're simply talking shit Davo. I am struggling to find any useful input from any of your posts other than the ones in the part numbers thread, and I'm obviously not the only one.

And just for clarification, where do you "rather clearly" ask where Holden/GM gets a mention? I've re-read it a few times and all I see are statements, no questions.

HSV are required to meet not only full ADR compliance, but also GM's corporate engineering targets, whereas WP (being aftermarket) don't. Nothing that WP currently do will have been subjected to that level of testing. Plenty of expense would be required to pursue this path of manufacturer approval. Basically all the work Prodrive would have had to do with Ford for the new FPV's.
There is a substantial difference between Holden offering full warranty on a complete new car, and WP offering their equivalent warranty on what they have modified. It leaves some rather sticky areas should something go boom.

planetdavo
26-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way Evman. You think I'm full of sh!t. Whatever.
Get back to me when someone you know has a WP modified car with a Holden rejected/WP rejected warranty claim, and I'll tell you I told you so.

Spoolin
26-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Dave, your DRL justification in bullocks! Comparing a HSV to a Euro is plain stupid, it isn't and will never compete with a Euro regardless of what you or the marketing arm of HSV will have you think:rofl: It lacks any badge cred with anybody who is about to buy a Euro...how many HSV's do you see pulling into Toorak driveways? BTW, before you keep with the GMH is best, you're employed by them, they line your pockets but you have another 30 working years in front of you, what would happen if you changed marque?

BTW, why not take some of your own advice and get back OT!

Evman
26-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way Evman. You think I'm full of sh!t. Whatever.
Get back to me when someone you know has a WP modified car with a Holden rejected/WP rejected warranty claim, and I'll tell you I told you so.

WTF? It's up to YOU to prove YOUR point.

rgmast
26-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hijack thread
Hmm Davo u seem to be taking this top poster shit a bit to far . u dont have to post in every single thread with ya pointless crap that u think u know but know nothing .
If u hadnt noticed your frustrating more than you are satisfying them.
Stick to spareparts mate.
ps i will wait eagerly for your riddled reply :goodjob:

:soap:

Uncle Tone
26-02-2010, 11:19 PM

I think you might be wrong there mate. Better check again :)

BullockBob
27-02-2010, 12:28 AM
As I said, I think it could be likely that HSV and Walkinshaw would become much closer. If HSV were offering Walkinshaw upgraded cars through the dealerships then the line between factory and aftermarket becomes very thin. As for emissions, they are sorted. Even Marks Workshop here in W.A. has full compliance for supercharged cars. I'm not sure how a supercharger makes a car any less safe unless you take the ridiculous position of power = danger. Walkinshaw either have or are very close to offering full warranty to match that of the factory vehicles. So with a stronger partnership a Walkinshaw HSV is a good possibility.

As for price, a Walkinshaw Supercharger is $15,600 fitted.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure PD will regardless of who's right and wrong lol) but didn't a number of supercharged HSVs get released in the UK with full factory warranty?

Deco28
27-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Can you all stop accusing David of posting for the top poster account.

His posts do portray is opinion on the situation and do have relevance...

BTW, I think HSV is definitely, despite what they're saying taking a look at FPV's future offerings. I also think they are trying to compete with Audi and the like.

If you just try to pass the horse in front of you, a bolter may get you from behind. I'm sure HSV has thought about this.

planetdavo
27-02-2010, 06:48 AM
I've got about 10 full time forum baiters Deco28. All clearly have nothing better to do in life. Everyone else simply appreciates that even if they don't agree with me, they at least understand I've put out there my thoughts of where I'm coming from.
Just like life in general I suppose, most people are really good on here, but some people simply forgot to grow up.

Martin_D
27-02-2010, 07:02 AM
All clearly have nothing better to do in life.

Pot, kettle, black Davo :)
Top poster and all :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are all these homegrown hotties rolling out of the dealerships warrranted and complied? Obviously you could chip in with what you see happening at FTG Holden everyday. Fill us in :cool:

Pickles
27-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Can you all stop accusing David of posting for the top poster account.

His posts do portray is opinion on the situation and do have relevance...

BTW, I think HSV is definitely, despite what they're saying taking a look at FPV's future offerings. I also think they are trying to compete with Audi and the like.

If you just try to pass the horse in front of you, a bolter may get you from behind. I'm sure HSV has thought about this.
Good post.....but don't woory about "Davo".....he's fine......TREMENDOUS value to the forum I reckon. There's no way he would expect everyone to agree with him.
But, I believe most forum members would enjoy the "controversy". Like a good politician (initials JGK!), he "hands it out", but he doesn't mind "taking it" either.
Cheers, Pickles.

mmciau
27-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Pot, kettle, black Davo :)
Top poster and all :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are all these homegrown hotties rolling out of the dealerships warrranted and complied? Obviously you could chip in with what you see happening at FTG Holden everyday. Fill us in :cool:

OT - he doesn't feature as the 'top poster' anymore - VT2VX has rolled him off the front page!!!

Mike

rgmast
27-02-2010, 07:35 AM
OT - he doesn't feature as the 'top poster' anymore - VT2VX has rolled him off the front page!!!

Mike

:rofl: Either the pressure got to him and he asked the mods to cut his posts so he could drop or the mods have deleted all his useless posts and has dropped 5000 posts :goodjob:

seedyrom
27-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Aaaahahahahahahahaahaaa!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!eleven!!!!!

Well done Mod team :) :lol:

Kuzman89
27-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Good post.....but don't woory about "Davo".....he's fine......TREMENDOUS value to the forum I reckon. There's no way he would expect everyone to agree with him.
But, I believe most forum members would enjoy the "controversy". Like a good politician (initials JGK!), he "hands it out", but he doesn't mind "taking it" either.
Cheers, Pickles.

i happen to agree, despite what some people think, he has helped me on the forums before. Good work davo.

planetdavo
27-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Cheers guys.
Some people seem to think that unless you follow popular opinion on internet forums, you just don't have anything wothwhile to add... :confused:
But, as most of us know, "popular opinion" isn't always correct. :)

Ghosn
27-02-2010, 09:53 AM
...but he doesn't mind "taking it" either.

Cheers, Pickles.

:rofl:

I think you might be right there Pickles.

planetdavo
27-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Cheers, Pickles.

Well, he is the el presidente of my preferred footy team Martin! :rofl:

Uncle Tone
27-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Cheers guys.
Some people seem to think that unless you follow popular opinion on internet forums, you just don't have anything wothwhile to add... :confused:

C'mon Davo, stop trying to make it more than it is :slap:

EVERYBODY loves you here. :love2:

By the way, when are you coming to Bookclub to intoduce yourself to the boys? :D

Pickles
27-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, he is the el presidente of my preferred footy team Martin! :rofl:

Ha ha ha....My next door neighbour is a Hawthorn fan....but he HATES JGK with a vengeance....NEVER has a good word to say about him....said Presidents were judged on Premierships......but when Hawthorn won a Premiership.....he said nothing!!
Cheers, Pickles.

Evman
27-02-2010, 10:13 AM

Still waiting to find out where you rather clearly ask that question Davo.

Uncle Tone
27-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Still waiting to find out where you rather clearly ask that question Davo.

Bloody hell Evman, give him a go will ya? :slap:

He's out the back sorting out the Captiva bonnet embellishers from the Cruze winscreen wiper blades.........pallet tipped over while he was unloading a truck, you see :lol:

Spoolin
27-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Cheers guys.

Daveo, make the most of it...this is pronbably the first and last time I'll agree with you:rofl:
But I wish you'd take some of your own advice...Let people have their say, stop trying to disprove everyones opinions! we're all entitled to think what we wish regardless of what you believe!

BTW, if you do in fact work at FTG Holden I've probably met you through the guys in PD a few years ago in an old job role:1peek:

planetdavo
27-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I've actually backed off people a bit lately Spoolin.
Much of what I'm strong on is because I've worked for years within the industry, so have a highly tuned bullsh!t-o-meter.

Ellistwo
27-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Enough of the brinkmanship and sabre rattling guys, I feel like I'm watching teaser trailers in anticipation for the main feature.... just go at it and get it over with.

Pickles
27-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Enough of the brinkmanship and sabre rattling guys, I feel like I'm watching teaser trailers in anticipation for the main feature.... just go at it and get it over with.
Gotta wait for FPV for "The Main Feature" I reckon, but this might keep some busy in the meantime......and some will be right.....and some will be wrong!
Cheers, Pickles.

duke5700
27-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Cheers guys.

You havn't got much going for you PD, you don't follow popular opinion and your hardly ever correct. T'is a hard life for some. Keep your chin up big guy :)

Ghosn
27-02-2010, 03:16 PM
You havn't got much going for you PD, you don't follow popular opinion and your hardly ever correct. T'is a hard life for some. Keep your chin up big guy :)

+1

If it gets too much for u Davo, there's always some help at hand.

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/

planetdavo
27-02-2010, 06:08 PM

I do have some advice for you.
Better to put yourself out there, give people advice, and sometimes get it wrong, than to hide away in a corner like a coward helping nobody, but think you have a right to judge...:teach:
:)

Spoolin
27-02-2010, 06:14 PM
There is a difference giving advice that is correct versus maybe right.
I have no issue with judging, but maybe you should look in your own backyard first and belittleing people doesn't make you look very bright:goodjob:

planetdavo
27-02-2010, 06:19 PM
There is a difference giving advice that is correct versus maybe right.
I have no issue with judging, but maybe you should look in your own backyard first and belittleing people doesn't make you look very bright:goodjob:

The minority always makes the most noise in life.
Thanks to all that have spoken against this minority. I'll continue helping you guys and girls. :)

Spoolin
27-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Empty vessels make the most noise.....

SINISTER R8
27-02-2010, 10:38 PM
gone off topic much people???

back on topic, i think that if FPV do make this Supercharged GT then it will force HSV to make another FPV killer if you will. But if not, then it will be just another crazy out their story that the car mags always come out with to sell magazines.

rgmast
27-02-2010, 11:02 PM
The minority always makes the most noise in life.
Thanks to all that have spoken against this minority. I'll continue helping you guys and girls. :)

Ask the mods if u can do a poll on like dislike or unsure on Ya self if ya that confident that its the minority :goodjob:

planetdavo
28-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Morning all!
I can pretty confidently say that the roughly 10 people who constantly sniff my @rse all over this forum have identified themselves in this thread for you all to know who they are.
I invite you all to look at just how often some of them follow up any posts of mine anywhere on this forum with some sort of unnecessary rubbish, and I think most of you will agree it's time they learned to grow up, and stop letting their previously bruised ego's make all their decisions. This thread has proven just how easy a bully culture from a minority that forgot to grow up can exist on the internet.

planetdavo
28-02-2010, 07:55 AM
gone off topic much people???

back on topic, i think that if FPV do make this Supercharged GT then it will force HSV to make another FPV killer if you will. But if not, then it will be just another crazy out their story that the car mags always come out with to sell magazines.

Problem is the thread pretty much ran out of genuine stuff to talk about, so first the minority took aim at Phil Harding, then they took aim at me. Losers.
One thing that is pretty clear is that this supercharger development is taking place to allow Ford's smaller Coyote V8 to be competitive to GM's Gen 4 war chest, not because Ford is giving everyone in Australia a New Years present. All this talk from some about Holden's "need" to release a supercharged version of their much bigger capacity motors is nothing more than a personal wish list at this point, as the only people that would even know of Coyote's performance potential would be the engineers within Ford/FPV.

gasguz
28-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Morning all!
I can pretty confidently say that the roughly 10 people who constantly sniff my @rse all over this forum have identified themselves in this thread for you all to know who they are.
I invite you all to look at just how often some of them follow up any posts of mine anywhere on this forum with some sort of unnecessary rubbish, and I think most of you will agree it's time they learned to grow up, and stop letting their previously bruised ego's make all their decisions. This thread has proven just how easy a bully culture from a minority that forgot to grow up can exist on the internet.

Quick, can somebody please call the

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg296/sigibson/wambulance_logo.jpg

Martin_D
28-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Better to put yourself out there, give people advice, and sometimes get it wrong :)

Lesson to the new - which is why internet forums should never be taken seriously. Even the ex-top poster admits to dribbling inaccurate replies to posts just to keep a post count.

Accuracy is everything Davo, change your attitude, or ruin the forum for everyone else :teach:

planetdavo
28-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I think the last few pages have proven to be an interesting social experiment anyway.
Like me or hate me, at least people know what sits in front of them.
Whereas we have my stalkers, who sit quietly in the background, then when the pack as a whole sniffs a potential kill, they form as one. The weak attempt to become strong by forming a pack. Once everything calms down, they again slither away into their little hiding holes, waiting to form a pack again. Weak as p!ss they are.
To Mr Tuna, I'm often proven correct once the bullsh!t stops and the truth comes out. You and your pack are always the ones obsessed with my post count. :confused: Perhaps I'm trying to make this forum more relevent to the real world, rather than be a place of worship for a minority of inward thinking "enthusiusts" who think their minority world thinking is always correct. :)

macca33
28-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I think some people really need to take a quick check on reality and comprehend that there are bigger things happening in their lives than this great forum.

Some of the insults targeted towards other members are absolutely childish, to say the least.

In other words - chill out dudes!

:closed: