PDA

View Full Version : Moto gp 2011 season

hoon69
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Lorenzo leads the way on day one at Valencia Test
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
The 2010 World Champion was quickest ahead of Casey Stoner (Honda) and new Yamaha team-mate Ben Spies. Valentino Rossi made his much-awaited Ducati debut, whilst British rookie Cal Crutchlow continued his adaptation to MotoGP.
Valencia Test 2010 - Day two - MotoGP - Highlights
Less than 48 hours after the conclusion of the 2010 season preparations for 2011 began with the first of two days of the Official MotoGP Test at Valencia on Tuesday.
Assuming top spot on the timesheet at the Ricardo Tormo circuit as he had done on the podium on Sunday was factory Yamaha rider and 2010 World Champion Jorge Lorenzo, who led the 17-strong field of riders with a best time of 1’32.012 from 48 laps on his M1 machine – a little over two-tenths of a second off Casey Stoner’s pole position time from the weekend.
“Today has been a great day, we tried a new chassis for 2011 and while it doesn’t seem better it’s not worse. The most improved thing has been the Öhlins suspension, which gave me more confidence especially mid-corner. The new engine seems to make the bike wheelie less too,” said Lorenzo.
“Tomorrow we will concentrate on confirming everything and understanding whether every new part is an improvement or not, and go over everything.”
Stoner was one of the enthusiastically awaited debutants of the Test as he rode the factory Repsol Honda machine for the first time, clocking in with the second fastest time of the day at +0.763s on Lorenzo’s time. He was just a tenth outside his own FP3 time from the weekend.
Stoner was comparing a new 2011 chassis against that of the 2010 one used by his new team-mate Dani Pedrosa as he completed 44 laps, and the Spaniard was just over a tenth of a second further back in fourth position as he worked on the same aspects as Stoner with HRC’s aim being the selection of a direction to take for their 2011 frame. Pedrosa, who completed 35 laps, had limited track time due to an electronic issue and is also still recovering from his broken collarbone.
Sandwiched between the Honda riders and in third position was Ben Spies who started work in earnest as a factory Yamaha rider. The American set an almost identical time to Stoner and completed a similar number of laps on his M1.
In fifth and sixth were another two Honda riders in San Carlo Honda Gresini man Marco Simoncelli, who was 0.007s behind Pedrosa, and factory rider Andrea Dovizioso as the pair assisted with the chassis work being undertaken by HRC, the former trying a new suspension.
Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Rizla Suzuki rider Álvaro Bautista registered top-eight times, and were followed in the top ten by Ducati duo Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi.
The Italian’s debut on the Desmosedici GP11 caused great excitement and he was one of the first riders on track just after midday. By the close of play the 31 year-old had completed 56 laps as he set about tackling the task of helping his new team decide between a screamer and a big bang engine for 2011 whilst also riding with a new fairing on the machine.
Other riders debuting with new teams were Randy de Puniet with Pramac Racing and Hiroshi Aoyama with San Carlo Honda Gresini, whilst Cal Crutchlow continued his adaptation to the M1 of the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team having gained a first taste in a private test in Japan at the end of October. The 25 year-old Brit had a non-consequential crash at turn six when on new tyres in the afternoon.
Back on a Ducati for the first time since 2007 was Loris Capirossi as he rode the Pramac machine used by Mika Kallio in 2010, putting in 71 laps, with Héctor Barberá making some slight adjustments to the Paginas Amarillas Aspar machine’s electronics. 2010 Moto2 World Champion Toni Elías (LCR Honda) and Valencia Moto2 race winner Karel Abraham (Cardion ab Motoracing - Ducati) also benefitted from solid lap totals.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517311_Lorenzo02_1_0.slideshow.jpg

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517328_Lorenzo03_0.slideshow.jpg

hoon69
10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Rossi completes first laps on Ducati
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
The Italian rider took to the Valencia track shortly after midday on Tuesday on day one of the Official MotoGP Test.
Valentino Rossi makes his first outing with Ducati
After a lengthy wait on Tuesday morning due to a wet track Valentino Rossi finally gave the masses of awaiting media at Valencia the moment they, and MotoGP fans, had been eagerly anticipating.
Just after 12.20pm local time the 31 year-old took to the Ricardo Tormo track on board the Ducati Desmosedici, with a new fairing – completely black – and donned in plain black leathers, with his trademark 46 emblazoned in luminous yellow on his back.
The main focus of the two-day Test for the Ducati Team is the decision on whether to go with the screamer or big bang engine on the GP11, as discussed by Filippo Preziosi in this interview.
Ducati Test rider Franco Battaini first warmed both versions of the bike up prior to Rossi’s exit from Pit Lane, after which the rider completed a first run of no more than eight laps to gain an initial feeling with the bike. Rossi then re-emerged just before 1.10pm as he began a second stint.
The opening day of the Test is scheduled to finish at 5pm local time today, with highlights to follow on motogp.com

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517303_Rossi.Action01.slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517293_Rossi01_2.slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517296_Rossi03.slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517297_Rossi04.slideshow.jpg

hoon69
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Stoner gets “fantastic feel” from Honda
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
Second fastest time on day one at the Valencia Test and 44 laps left the Australian extremely happy with how his first ride on the RC212V went.

Valencia Test 2010 - Day two - MotoGP - Interview - Casey Stoner
Casey Stoner closed out the opening day of the Official MotoGP Test at Valencia in high spirits after a very satisfying first ride of the RC212V machine. The Australian, working with the Repsol Honda team for the first time, set the second fastest lap of the day as he immediately settled on the prototype.
“I had a very good day. I was disappointed that we couldn’t get a full session in this morning because of the weather, but it dried out and gave us some hours of good track time this afternoon,” said Stoner, whose lap time of 1’32.775 was 0.763s off that of Jorge Lorenzo’s.
“It’s been very exciting these past few days waiting to get on the bike, and then having to wait again this morning. It’s been a great experience to get back on a Honda, the way it feels is fantastic,” added the 25 year-old, who rode on an RC211V in his debut premier class season in 2006.
Stoner tested the 2011 chassis against the frame ridden by new team-mate Dani Pedrosa in the 2010 campaign, and gained a positive feeling from the bike as he clocked up 44 laps in total throughout the day.
“We’ve been working on a few different things but mainly just trying to get a bit of a better feel, and things like my seating position and brake levers. The day has been great. Tomorrow we have a few more things to work on and try,” explained Stoner.
“We’re trying to understand the electronics system and what sort of direction we want to go in, and at the same time trying to get comfortable with the bike. There’s no point giving a lot of data at the moment but at the same time we have to try and push on because there’s not a lot of test time before the start of the season. We need to get as much information as possible before the winter break.”

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517305_Stoner02_1.slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517302_Stoner01_3_0.slideshow.jpg

hoon69
10-11-2010, 06:13 PM
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517304_Pedrosa_6.slideshow.jpg

Pedrosa works hard through pain

Dani Pedrosa began a busy schedule of testing aimed at honing the development direction of the 2011 RC212V in preparation for the first tests of 2011 at Sepang, which take place at the beginning of February. The 2011 machine will be an evolution of the RC212V that won four races, secured 16 podium finishes and became one of the strongest packages on the grid in the second half of the season. Pedrosa rode both the latest evolution chassis and his 2010 race bike, reporting that at this early stage he felt an improvement in stability.
Dani Pedrosa
“Today I rode the 2010 bike we used in Sunday’s race and also next year’s evolution machine. The chassis is slightly different and I have to do more laps tomorrow to understand it further - but my first thought is that it is a bit stiffer with the target of getting more stability, more grip and better braking. Today we used only one tyre and didn’t make many changes to the bike to keep things simple. Unfortunately we had a problem with the electronics on the first lap and this meant we lost some time in the pits, but anyway it was good not to do so many laps today because of my physical condition. I thought that having Monday off I would feel better but I’m still tired from yesterday and feeling some effects from the injury. The feeling is quite similar from both machines, although I didn’t get stuck into any real comparisons, so we will come back tomorrow and continue with our testing schedule.”

hoon69
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Smooth first day for Spies in factory set-up
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2010/MotoGP/n517308_Spies_6.slideshow.jpg
Ben Spies enjoyed his first day as a Yamaha factory rider at the Valencia Test on Tuesday, putting in 42 laps as he focused on chassis settings for the new bike.
The 2010 Rookie of the Year made quick progress with the 2011 M1 machine, lowering his lap times and ending the day with the third fastest time behind new team-mate Jorge Lorenzo and Honda rider Casey Stoner as he lapped consistently.
“It was good! There were a lot of changes today with some crew guys, engineers, and the bike,” said Spies. “It’s pretty similar to what I raced this season but there are a lot of subtle changes. With everything today – the wind too – to go as fast as we did was very smooth, but it is very different. I’m happy with it, we ended in the top three and I hope we can go even better tomorrow. I didn’t want to stack it up on the first day. I look forward to tomorrow.”
Outlining the plan for Wednesday, the second and final day of the Test, Spies continued: “There are some new parts here and we’ll try some new tyres tomorrow, just working with the new guys and getting a feel for how they work, things like that. I think we got a lot accomplished today.”
Earlier in the day Yamaha confirmed the team structure in the factory set-up for 2011. Spies brings his crew chief Tom Houseworth into the team along with mechanics Gregory Wood (from his 2010 Tech 3 Yamaha Team), Jurij Pellegrini (from his 2009 Yamaha WSBK team) and YMR mechanic Mattia Bonera.
As announced before Yamaha will have a new Team Director for 2011, Massimo Meregalli, who will also be Team Manager for Spies’ crew on race weekends.
Speaking about the opening day, Meregalli commented: "As a first day, I think Ben's crew worked really well. He was very satisfied with the new 2011 prototype YZR-M1 bike which is a good sign. We didn't make many changes to the set-up in the session so it' s clear that we have a good base to work with. Tomorrow we will start to test the 2011 tyres as today Ben used the same ones as he ran for Sunday's race."

hoon69
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
MotoGP
9-10 Nov
Updated: 17:00
Po. Name TeamGap First
1Lorenzo J. Yamaha Factory Racing 1:32.012
2Stoner C.HRC+0.763
3Spies B.Yamaha Factory Racing +0.866
4Pedrosa D.Repsol Honda Team+0.900
5Simoncelli M.San Carlo Honda Gresini+0.907
6Dovizioso A.Repsol Honda Team+1.178
7Edwards C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.501
8Bautista A.Rizla Suzuki MotoGP+1.546
9Hayden N.Ducati Team+1.704
10Rossi V.Ducati Team+1.870
11Puniet R.Pramac Racing Team+1.902

ittwgn
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
hi the way its lookin 2011 should be one of the best season,s ever!!!! great riders on diff bikes rookies with a season of experience of motogp !!! should make for very close racing !!! look forward to it!!! cheers:)

VX2VESS
10-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Stoner
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIxMzI1MDMy.html

day2

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIxMzI0NDEy.html

VX2VESS
11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
The second and final day of the Official MotoGP Test at Valencia on Wednesday ended with Casey Stoner top of the timesheet courtesy of a lap of 1’32.066 towards the end of the session. The new HRC addition, who reported a highly satisfying first ride on the RC212V the day before, was just 0.054s off Jorge Lorenzo’s day one effort, which remained the fastest of both days.
Stoner, whose main focus of the Test was settling in on the Honda machine, did so in style as he improved by 0.709s on his previous day’s time and completed 62 laps throughout the second day as the majority of the riders tried to make up for the lost morning the day before due to wet conditions.
“We tried a few different things today with the electronics and the chassis, trying to get it feeling a little better and we managed to,” said Stoner. “There were a couple of new parts we tried for 2011 and everything has been very positive. We tried some tyres for Bridgestone and we got a lot done so we’re very happy.”

Not bad already faster on a new bike and faster than the existing team members

Vulture
15-11-2010, 04:55 PM
looking forward to seeing what Stoner can do on the Honda. That Ducati looks much harder to ride than the Yamahas and the Hondas. Just look how it moves around compared with the other factory bikes. I would expect Rossi and JB to get the Ducati handling better. Shame stoner doesn't have JB to help!

hoon69
06-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Repsol Honda riders claim three of top four placings in day two of MotoGP testing
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/02/03/1225999/417428-casey-stoner-honda-malaysia.jpg
Repsol Honda riders, including Aussie Casey Stoner, dominated day two of the three day test session at Sepang, Malaysia.

Stoner was second fastest behind Spaniard Dani Pedrosa with a 2:01.434 on his second last lap of the day. Stoner only managed to shave 0.14 seconds off his best from the previous day.

The dry weather conditions meant that Pedrosa went almost two seconds quicker than his fastest lap on day one with a 2:00.770 on just his fourth lap.

Pedrosa and Stoner were riding on old front forks whilst third Repsol Honda teammate Andrea Dovizioso tested a new option and he finished the session in fourth with a 2:01.512.

American Yamaha Factory Racing rider Ben Spies was third fastest with a 2:01.508, 0.738s off Pedrosa’s pace.

Multiple world champion Valentino Rossi struggled again in his new Ducati team finishing 13th on the timesheets. The Italian, who is still recovering from an injured shoulder, completed 42 laps with a best of 2:02.597; 1.827 seconds slower than Pedrosa.

Rossi doesn't believe he will be fully fit for the 2011 season opener at Qatar on March 20.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Ben Spies of the United States, who replaced Rossi at Yamaha, was third fastest at 0.738 seconds behind Pedrosa.

2010 world champion Jorge Lorenzo clocked the seventh fastest time on his Yamaha with a 2:01.563.

hoon69
06-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Casey Stoner's 2011 Respol Honda RC212V
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/02/01/1225997/955324-the-2011-repsol-honda-rc212v.jpg
The 2011 Repsol Honda RC212V

Honda Racing Corp. Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto, left, poses with Repsol Honda MotoGP riders Casey Stoner of Australia, second from left, Dani Pedrosa of Spain, third from left, and Andrea Dovizioso of Italy and the 2011 RC212V

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/02/01/1225997/907427-under-fire.jpg

ittwgn
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
very much lookin forward to this years moto gp and f1 going to be close as???? stoner pedrosa lorenzo and spies and of course rossi /hayden bring it on late nights!!! cheers:)

corsa
08-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes, My money is on Stoner!! Just goes to show you how good the kid is!!
If all things are equal, and there's no more injuries for everyone, my top three are:
Stoner
Lorenzo
Pedrosa

With Rossi fighting for the odd podium with Spies, Dovi, Hayden....

Bring it on!!!

Corsa.

VX2VESS
08-02-2011, 01:01 PM
See if stoner is a good as rossi, be able to change brands and still win. rossi has done that so many times.

VY5.7LTR
08-02-2011, 01:43 PM
See if stoner is a good as rossi, be able to change brands and still win. rossi has done that so many times.

Stoner was awesome when he was a rookie in the class back in 06 on a LCR Privateer honda (although he crashed while trying to keep up with the factory bikes). He then swapped brands and won the world title on the Duc.
Now swapping back to a Honda albeit a Factory one he should be right up there if not in front of Lorenzo this year.

Rossi has only changed brands once (not inc new Ducati one) in the top class going from Honda to Yamaha and the main reason for his success is that he bought with him his whole pit crew from Honda (all expat Aussies). They had basically a blank canvas with full backing from Yamaha to bulid a "new" M1 which was basically a copy of the Honda's 2C11V chassis but with Yammys engine in that first year.

The Ducati is far and away a better starting point for Rossi this time around however with his supposedly injured shoulder (I think its a cop out but anyway) we wont see how good it is with him on it for a few months yet, and its no good looking at Nicky Hayden for how the new bike rides.

For me, it will come down to between Jorge and Casey and hopefully the Aussie will come out in front but all in all it should be an awesome season 2011

VX2VESS
08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Stoner was awesome when he was a rookie in the class back in 06 on a LCR Privateer honda (although he crashed while trying to keep up with the factory bikes). He then swapped brands and won the world title on the Duc.
Now swapping back to a Honda albeit a Factory one he should be right up there if not in front of Lorenzo this year.

Rossi has only changed brands once (not inc new Ducati one) in the top class going from Honda to Yamaha and the main reason for his success is that he bought with him his whole pit crew from Honda (all expat Aussies). They had basically a blank canvas with full backing from Yamaha to bulid a "new" M1 which was basically a copy of the Honda's 2C11V chassis but with Yammys engine in that first year.

The Ducati is far and away a better starting point for Rossi this time around however with his supposedly injured shoulder (I think its a cop out but anyway) we wont see how good it is with him on it for a few months yet, and its no good looking at Nicky Hayden for how the new bike rides.

For me, it will come down to between Jorge and Casey and hopefully the Aussie will come out in front but all in all it should be an awesome season 2011

going by memory alone i'm sure he was suzuki as well, maybe not maybe thinking of another

VY5.7LTR
08-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Rossi has only ever raced for:
125cc Aprilia
250cc Aprilia
500cc Honda
1000cMotoGP Honda,Yamaha & now Ducati.

Maybe your thinking of Loris Capirossi who was at Suzuki last 2 years and now back on a Privateer Ducati.

ittwgn
20-03-2011, 01:10 PM
great result for casey on the new honda taking pole for qatar ahead of pedrosa lets hope he gets a good start in tommorrow,s race:)

hoon69
20-03-2011, 05:30 PM
1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 324.3 1'54.137
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 326.6 1'54.342 0.205 / 0.205
3 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 321.2 1'54.947 0.810 / 0.605
4 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 324.0 1'54.988 0.851 / 0.041
5 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 319.1 1'55.095 0.958 / 0.107
6 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 329.8 1'55.223 1.086 / 0.128
7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 324.2 1'55.229 1.092 / 0.006
8 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 321.9 1'55.578 1.441 / 0.349
9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 324.1 1'55.637 1.500 / 0.059
10 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 320.5 1'55.647 1.510 / 0.010
11 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 322.8 1'55.656 1.519 / 0.009
12 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 326.1 1'55.724 1.587 / 0.068
13 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 323.5 1'55.881 1.744 / 0.157
14 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 319.1 1'56.323 2.186 / 0.442
15 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 326.2 1'56.665 2.528 / 0.342
16 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 324.1 1'57.992 3.855 / 1.327
19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki

A bit more stuff :

Fastest Lap: Lap: 20 Casey STONER 1'54.137 169.7 Km/h
Circuit Record Lap: 2008 Casey STONER 1'55.153 168.2 Km/h
Best Lap: 2008 Jorge LORENZO 1'53.927 170.0 Km/h

Weather :

Weather Conditions:
| Track Condition: Dry| Air: 22º| Humidity: 31%| Ground: 24º

hoon69
21-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) had a titanic tussle with his Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa at the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar in the first round of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship to snatch 25 points on his debut ride with Repsol Honda. Stoner finished 3.440 seconds ahead of second placed Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing).

It had been eight years since a Honda rider won the opening round of the MotoGP season, the last rider to do so was Valentino Rossi in 2003 at Suzuka. Stoner has an impressive record at the Losail International Circuit after winning here in 2008 and 2009. The Australian claimed his 31st win of his career here this evening and his 24th in MotoGP.
The riders observed a one minutes silence in honour of the victims of the Japan earthquake ahead of the MotoGP race. The 22 lap race was run in the best conditions of the weekend with fairly high temperatures without the strong winds that had been feared. It produced a thrilling race with close encounters throughout the pack.
Pedrosa took the lead from the start of the race and then it was the reigning World Champion, Lorenzo who took up the mantle as race leader. What followed was fierce between the two Spaniards and Stoner, with the Repsol Honda’s eventually pulling an advantage. Stoner and Pedrosa swapped position for the lead on several occasions and at the midway point, the pole sitter, increased his pace and set off for the chequered flag. This left the two championship rivals from 2010 dueling it out for second place and it was the Yamaha rider who picked up the 20 points.
Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) and Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) were involved in a close battle for fourth place throughout the race and it was the Repsol Honda who took the first position off the podium. Dovizioso finished 5.942 behind Stoner.
There was much anticipation surrounding the debut of Valentino Rossi with the Ducati Team. The Italian finished seventh after racing Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing), after swapping places with the American, the Yamaha got the advantage over the Ducati to take sixth place.
Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) was eighth, with Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) and Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) completing the top ten. Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) managed to take 11th place on the last lap ahead of Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar Team). GP debutant Karel Abraham (Cardion ab Motoracing) was the final rider to pass the chequered flag and earned himself three points, with just 13 riders finishing the first race of the season.
It was not the MotoGP return that Toni Elías (LCR Honda) had been hoping for. After languishing in 14th place at the back, he suffered a strange crash towards the end of the race which cost him two points.
It was a nightmare start for the Pramac Racing team after Randy de Puniet had a nasty highside on lap on causing his race to end early. His team-mate Loris Capirossi was hit by the Frenchman’s bike, crushing his hand and therefore had to retire from the race.

Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 166.5 42'38.569
2 20 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 166.3 +3.440
3 16 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 166.2 +5.051
4 13 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 166.2 +5.942
5 11 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 166.1 +7.358
6 10 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 165.9 +10.468
7 9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 165.5 +16.431
8 8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 164.8 +26.293
9 7 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 164.8 +27.416
10 6 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 164.7 +28.920
11 5 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 164.3 +34.539
12 4 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 164.3 +34.829
13 3 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 164.1 +37.957
Not Classified
24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 162.8 4 Laps
65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 142.4 21 Laps
14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 0 Lap

VY5.7LTR
21-03-2011, 10:43 AM
:goodjob: Casey Stoner

Boy were the Hondas in a class of their own (Jorge the exception)

Also congrates to Cal Crutchlow on his first Moto GP ride and considering he lost part of his pinky in preseaon testing (it is still affecting him), he also deserves a :goodjob: smilie.

:flipoff: goes to Toni Elias, was shit before in the top class and has proven it still to be true.... Off to World Super Sports for you and let Kenan Sofuoglu in for LCR squad.

Cant wait for the next round already!!!!!

VX2VESS
21-03-2011, 12:20 PM
NOoooooo.. I forgot it was on.....no replay until Wednesday.

CunningStunter
21-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Hmmmmm well....no doubting Rossi is a great rider BUT I would go further and say unless Jeremy Burgess is developing the bike Rossi has no chance (what I mean is against a bike developed by JB) had Rossi moved to yamaha but JB retained by Honda I bet the results would've been vastly different...not that it matters now since it's all history....

I long for the day where Rossi is successful WITHOUT JB! Same could've been said about Doohan aswell. JB has been the winning formula behind MANY a rider.....

*Edit - the only person who's ever done something *consistently* on the Ducati was Stoner.....no one else has done very well on it so it will be a very interesting year...only other issue is that it's the last year for the 800s (FINALLY!!) so it's almost a dead rubber kinda thing since they will be testing the litre bikes again if not already, I don't expect much development will arise from this year due to costs of *yet again* changing the engine config/capacities....other than some brands not making it to the table due to the costs involved in changing to the 800s only to change back! Grrrrrrr

Vulture
21-03-2011, 06:52 PM
NOoooooo.. I forgot it was on.....no replay until Wednesday.

Me too! but managed to catch the end of it - go Casey!
He is proving that he is as technically gifted as Rossi for sure with that performance and how Rossi struggled with the much harder to ride Ducati. Stoner is clearly one of the most gifted riders in MotoGP at present.

VX2VESS
21-03-2011, 08:01 PM
got a copy of the BBC coverage, just watched it

VX2VESS
21-03-2011, 10:14 PM
rpW7YmrJaW0

highlights short

5jk4JJ4_kq4

higher res

motomk
22-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I long for the day where Rossi is successful WITHOUT JB! Same could've been said about Doohan aswell. JB has been the winning formula behind MANY a rider.....

Was he not successful in the 125 and 250s without Jeremy Burgess?
I agree about the development, it appears only that pair know how to develop the bike. After they have done Ducati, maybe they will move onto Suzuki!
Lorenzo rides ok, but it will be interesting to see how he goes without the pair in the other garage.
It looks as though Stoner, having worked out how to ride the Ducati has helped him when he has now got on the more stable Honda. Of course credit also to Pedrosa and his engineers for fixing the Honda up a few years ago after it fell away after Rossi left.

XUV
22-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Seeing Stoner won a title on a Duke , he will romp it in on a Honda .

Watch the Duke buck Rossi off .

CunningStunter
24-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Was he not successful in the 125 and 250s without Jeremy Burgess?
I agree about the development, it appears only that pair know how to develop the bike. After they have done Ducati, maybe they will move onto Suzuki!
Lorenzo rides ok, but it will be interesting to see how he goes without the pair in the other garage.
It looks as though Stoner, having worked out how to ride the Ducati has helped him when he has now got on the more stable Honda. Of course credit also to Pedrosa and his engineers for fixing the Honda up a few years ago after it fell away after Rossi left.

ops my post didn't work out so well...had wrote a different post, something alot longer, changed my mind and shortened it but forgot to keep the part about his wins on the Aprillia. Take a look at the class however, Aprillia have won just about every title so I don't put it down to Rossi or any particular engineer since nothing has really changed on 2 smokers in the last 20 years LOL.....Obviously any reference to JB is strictly within the 500s/GP classes........

hoon69
03-04-2011, 07:55 AM
MotoGP Qualifying Practice Classification 2011
Jerez de la Frontera, Saturday, April 02, 2011
Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 280.1 1'38.757
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 281.5 1'38.915 0.158 / 0.158
3 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 275.0 1'38.918 0.161 / 0.003
4 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 277.6 1'39.390 0.633 / 0.472
5 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 279.2 1'39.486 0.729 / 0.096
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 278.6 1'39.709 0.952 / 0.223
7 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 275.8 1'39.892 1.135 / 0.183
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 274.7 1'39.895 1.138 / 0.003
9 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 271.2 1'40.019 1.262 / 0.124
10 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 274.8 1'40.168 1.411 / 0.149
11 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 279.0 1'40.175 1.418 / 0.007
12 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 276.7 1'40.185 1.428 / 0.010
13 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 269.5 1'40.217 1.460 / 0.032
14 21 John HOPKINS USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 277.6 1'40.310 1.553 / 0.093
15 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 276.3 1'40.523 1.766 / 0.213
16 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 274.3 1'40.601 1.844 / 0.078
17 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 280.4 1'41.114 2.357 / 0.513

ittwgn
03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
watchin live rossi what the fark was that wipe out stoner with a stupid move :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flip off::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo ::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo: cheeeeeeeers!!!!

ittwgn
03-04-2011, 10:41 PM
so as rossi comes thru the feild why is there not a drive thru penalty as their would be in f1 v8supercars etc etc etc:flipoff:

Phizzle
03-04-2011, 10:43 PM
watchin live rossi what the fark was that wipe out stoner with a stupid move :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flip off::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo ::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo::vpo: cheeeeeeeers!!!!

Plus then the marshalls helped Rossi and left Stoner alone. Me thinks he would be beyond pissed off for at least those 2 reasons!

ittwgn
03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
quote / stoner to rossi ( your ambition outweighs your talent) end qoute!!!!!

rgmast
04-04-2011, 12:40 AM
:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff: ROSSI :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff: MARSHALLS :flipoff::flipoff:

hRTHSV
04-04-2011, 07:35 AM
quote / stoner to rossi ( your ambition outweighs your talent) end qoute!!!!!

And "was your shoulder sore or something". Stoner stuck the knife in deep. I think he should have said, I told you the front end was bad.

CunningStunter
04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Bloody VR.....I mean at least this time he wasn't performing a 'do or die' move like he has over time with other riders (mostly Sete Gibenau) but even still.......VR crashed first, caused the accident and the marshalls help him first? Then cross their arms and watch from the sand as VR rides off and poor old CS is waving his arms about madly to attract their attention.....

What rubs salt into the wound was that VR not only didn't get disqualified as per car racing events but also finished well into the points at 5th........

Bloody Rossi..........bloody marshalls.... :flipoff:

VX2VESS
04-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Bloody VR.....I mean at least this time he wasn't performing a 'do or die' move like he has over time with other riders (mostly Sete Gibenau) but even still.......VR crashed first, caused the accident and the marshalls help him first? Then cross their arms and watch from the sand as VR rides off and poor old CS is waving his arms about madly to attract their attention.....

What rubs salt into the wound was that VR not only didn't get disqualified as per car racing events but also finished well into the points at 5th........

Bloody Rossi..........bloody marshalls.... :flipoff:

true...should at least get a drive through...

hoon69
04-04-2011, 11:36 AM
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi008_slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi009_slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi010_slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi007_slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi006_slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi005_slideshow.jpg
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi002_slideshow.jpg
X1T15QHV1dU

Grommz
04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
loll at you all raging about Rossi..

At least he knows he was in the wrong and went to say sorry.. Stoner is a sooky lah for not accepting it and moving on. Stoner will win far far more races and even possibly the Championship this year.

The ambition outweighing his talent comment is just dumb..you don't try and shut down a guy who's won 9 world titles... I can understand Stoner is pissed off but god what a tool thing to say.

CunningStunter
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM
loll at you all raging about Rossi..

At least he knows he was in the wrong and went to say sorry.. Stoner is a sooky lah for not accepting it and moving on. Stoner will win far far more races and even possibly the Championship this year.

The ambition outweighing his talent comment is just dumb..you don't try and shut down a guy who's won 9 world titles... I can understand Stoner is pissed off but god what a tool thing to say.

Actually if you look at the footage from post race Stoner did accept the apology even if he was a bit smart arsed about it - come on Grommz, put yourself in Stoners place, Rossi is well known for this, has previously done STUPID over taking moves at Lagnua Seca on Stoner and is known for doing similar to other riders over a long period of time.

Also, ALOT of the comments between riders is just to pysche each other out, read Mick Doohans biography to hear about some of the media wars that went on even then......so for Stoner to (with a smile on his face you can see in the footage...) for him to say 'So it was your shoulder huh' & Ambition outweighing talent is all just designed to get at Rossi mentally....granted the media and the world will have different opinions about this but end of the day he wasn't 'raging' - I've seen riders RAGE on at each other more at Club meets at Eastern creek when they've taken each other out.....so I thought Stoner was quite civilised if not a bit cheeky and trying to score pysche out points against him hahaha

Stoner actually had a point about the marshalls however.....

Grommz
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm not saying the move wasn't dumb i think it was terribly bad.. Rossi had pace over everyone and would of easily won the race himself if he'd only been a little smarter about his over taking.

As for the club riders raging at each other more than Stoner did.. Pretty sure thats because they fund there own bikes and rides.. These guys are on millions writing off a bike is nothing to them.

The marshal thing was unfortunate Stoner already had his bike up and was trying to start it Rossi was still trying to pick his up so they went to help.. It doesnt look the best but its not like the marshals are taking sides.

vz300
04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Hahahahaha at all you guys ragging on the bloke who is undoubtedly the best motorcycle racer of all time. So what if he took Stoner out the front wheel slid out from underneath him and to be honest could of happen to anyone, and for someone else to post Rossi cant win without Jeremy Burgess what a joke, it takes two to tango and two to win a race as well as a championship. I guess Doohan arguably the greatest ever produced from an Australian perspective was useless to.

Think some of you guys better check yourselves before you shoot your mouths off. I can recall instances where Rossi was almost taken out by Stoner was it not for abrasive action on Rossi's part.

Its racing and that was clearly a racing accident. As for the marshals helping Rossi first Well Casey never had a bike lying on top of him as a matter of fact look at the video Stoner was already up before the marshals got there. Take a chill pill guys and sit back and enjoy the racing. Most of us are experiencing the best sportsman ever in there chosen sports, why rag on them because there the greatest, seems that the typical aussie thing to do these days.

vscorsa
04-04-2011, 05:33 PM
"...... Rossi is well known for this, has previously done STUPID over taking moves at Lagnua Seca on Stoner...."

I am not sure you can call Lagnua stupid, Rossi was on the limit but with in control, it looked messy because both riders wouldn't give in. The difference is that Stoner wasn't used to that style of racing which meant he couldn't handle it.

Last night was a mistake made by Rossi, as it has been said he looked to be the fastest out there which isn't uncommon for him on wets.

vz300
04-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I want to know how little Casey Stoner tells a 9 time WORLD CHAMPION that has graciously come to apologize that his ambition out weighs his talent. Lucky Italians are not known for violence I reckon if it had of been said to one of the Americans they would have hung one on his chin. And it would have been rightly deserved. Shame on you Casey Stoner.

nnickn
04-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Rossi used the same line on him a few years ago, might have something to do with it.

Toddler78
04-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I want to know how little Casey Stoner tells a 9 time WORLD CHAMPION that has graciously come to apologize that his ambition out weighs his talent. Lucky Italians are not known for violence I reckon if it had of been said to one of the Americans they would have hung one on his chin. And it would have been rightly deserved. Shame on you Casey Stoner.

are you for real? :confused: go back and watch the incident casey was taken out by some one whos ambitions DID outweigh his tallent, there were still 20 laps remaining, and then to have the marshalls leave him on the side of the track, he has every right to air his discust with the situation. Yes Rossi is a 9 time champion and I give him his cudos he has done it all, but he also did alot of it when the talent pool was shallow, and he was on the best bikes (honda and yes yamaha with an endless budget). Casey won his championship on a bike that he pretty much single handedly developed and on a bike that no one else has been able to prove that they can ride, even the great valentino rossi

Toddler78
04-04-2011, 07:22 PM
It is well documented what rossi has done to other riders at that track, running sete gibenou off the track anyone?

a last lap move, yes I can understand, they are all there to race but with the number of laps remaining and the rate at which rossi caught up to the lead pack, he was going to get another passing oportunity probably within the next 3 corners

hoon69
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
and out of the woodworks comes the rossi fans

seriously argue all you like he attempted a move that wasnt on,especially after just one lap.

Ambitions to get first DID outweight his TALENT
so Stoner is correct and you fans are all wrong.

Rossi is like the Ingall of the 90's
his good but his best years are behind him,Stoner gave ducati a championship i don't see Rossi doing that to be honest.

vz300
05-04-2011, 07:04 AM
and out of the woodworks comes the rossi fans

seriously argue all you like he attempted a move that wasnt on,especially after just one lap.

Ambitions to get first DID outweight his TALENT
so Stoner is correct and you fans are all wrong.

Rossi is like the Ingall of the 90's
his good but his best years are behind him,Stoner gave ducati a championship i don't see Rossi doing that to be honest.

Are you for real you cant be surely are you, I am picking myself off the floor with laughter. The only bike Rossi has ever gotten on that was winning was the Honda and that was thanks to Doohan. He brought the Yamaha up to winning form together with Jeremy Burgess and now the current guns are taken advantage of his talents in developing a bike that was second rate. After two races he has a 7th and a 5th, to which previous champions and knowledgeable people have said awesome effort. Maybe the local crew on ls1 can see something these people can't. The move did not in any way shape or form out weigh is talent, dry conditions pass would have been made with ease, I mean if you guys take a look at the vid you will see he is pass him when the front end lets go, given the chance I would have thought many of the top riders would have done the same.

You guys need to get off the Rossi hater fan club and to suggest he is passed his best, well lets just see. I am sure you guys will be eating your own words when he wins a championship on the Ducati. All it will take is the Italians to get there ass into gear and develop the parts the team requests directly. I am yet to see Stoner win a championship o 3 different makes and Ill go as far as saying you wont see him win another again. He does not have the fight and the riders coming through now well there in a different league.

hoon69
05-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Are you for real you cant be surely are you, I am picking myself off the floor with laughter. The only bike Rossi has ever gotten on that was winning was the Honda and that was thanks to Doohan. He brought the Yamaha up to winning form together with Jeremy Burgess and now the current guns are taken advantage of his talents in developing a bike that was second rate. After two races he has a 7th and a 5th, to which previous champions and knowledgeable people have said awesome effort. Maybe the local crew on ls1 can see something these people can't. The move did not in any way shape or form out weigh is talent, dry conditions pass would have been made with ease, I mean if you guys take a look at the vid you will see he is pass him when the front end lets go, given the chance I would have thought many of the top riders would have done the same.

You guys need to get off the Rossi hater fan club and to suggest he is passed his best, well lets just see. I am sure you guys will be eating your own words when he wins a championship on the Ducati. All it will take is the Italians to get there ass into gear and develop the parts the team requests directly. I am yet to see Stoner win a championship o 3 different makes and Ill go as far as saying you wont see him win another again. He does not have the fight and the riders coming through now well there in a different league.
your talkings of rossi are nothing but past pre-text for starters
yamaha how long ago did rossi join them?

Casey based on form should have 3 championships by now if not for front end issues on the ducati etc i have no doubt he would be a multiple world champion,and giving credit to Rossi is laughable Burgess is the key to his success for starters yeah his good but his best years are well and truly behind him(rossi)

out of the box casey has thrown honda up the front again been fastest in testing and qualifying and races,not bad for someone who as you call it wont win another championship.

CeeVee8
05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
giving credit to Rossi is laughable Burgess is the key to his success

And I suppose Mick Doohan was just as useless as Rossi too :goodjob:

hRTHSV
05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Come on guys, look Rossi stuffed up, he came from way to far back, it wasn't the last lap, he new how serious Stoner would view it that's why he left the helmet on when he went down there. Are you guys forgetting that he came together with his own team mate last year when he was no chance to win the championship and his team mate was leading it. Rossi cares about Rossi that's it. I have supported him since he was on 125's but the last few years his riding has left a bit to be desired as far as leaving room goes.

Rossi was giving Stoner a hard time in the press last year about it not being the Ducati's fault, well when Stoner hoped on the Honda the day after the last race he was immediately fast. Rossi got on the Ducati and wasn't, sort of says alot.

Just because Rossi was going fast at the start of the race on Sunday didn't mean he was going to win it, but it put him in with a chance. Look at Simoncelli, he thought he was going to win it, Edwards thought he was going to be third, pedrosa was 9th after about 3 laps etc etc. On a 250 a good few years back Stoner was leading at jerez in the rain and put it down with about 2 laps to go leading by 10 or 12 seconds. So it's not over till it's over, especially when it's wet. I think the way Stoner has started the races this year has shown he has finally learnt that. Good bike also helps.

Will Rossi win another championship really I think the odds are againt him, but he may.

Will Stoner win another championship, really I wouldn't bet against him this year, it'll be between him and Lorenzo in my opinion, i think Stoner ha done Pedrosa's head in already, injury or not.

vz300
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
out of the box casey has thrown honda up the front again been fastest in testing and qualifying and races,not bad for someone who as you call it wont win another championship.

Are you simple, the Honda was not all that slow last year, it was simply in the hands of the wrong riders. Its known fact to those in the know that the bike has very minimal changes. Stoner does not have the ability to correct a bikes faults where as Rossi together with Burgess does. If Jeremy Burgess really thought Casey Stoner was any good he would have joined him back at Honda as he had the chance but refused. Jeremy like most in the pits wants to go down being remebered as a winner and he knew that would not come with Stoner.

You can bag Rossi all you like but there is know doubt in anyones mind that he is the greatest moto gp rider you will see in your lifetime as is Kelly Slater in surfing Roger Federer in tennis and Michael Schumacher in F1.

Enjoy your viewing from your arm chair critic.

maloo25
05-04-2011, 02:28 PM

I think the only arm chair critic on here is yourself.
It's time to get out from behind the yellow blinkers and realise Rossi's best is behind him, and stop trying to blow hot air up his arse.

If you know anything about the Yamaha M1 you'll know that Yamaha begged Masao Furusawa to join them in 2003 and engineer a new motorcycle to get the world championship back after a 10 year drought.
Rossi was in negotiations with Yamaha even before 2003 when he signed for the 2004 season, but knew the bike would need too much work. Once he knew Furusawa was designing and engineering the bike for the 2004 season and beyond, Rossi jumped on because he knew of the expertise of Furusawa. The biggest problem with the 2003 bike was the lack of horsepower and the centre of gravity was too high, both of which Furusawa ironed out with a new motor and the now famous crossplane crank design and lowering the motor 25mm down in the chassis.
Rossi and Burgess were not the saviours of Yamaha which everyone was led to believe, they just knew when the right time was to jump ship.
I wish Rossi all the luck on the Ducati, but I fear that he will not be consistent or threaten for the championship again until Preziosi and the rest of the Ducati engineers take their heads out of their arses and relise that their carbon fibre frame and using the motor as major part of the framing structure is the cause of their handling problems as was outlined by Stoner whilst he was there(Rossi and JB have been complaining about this since their arrival to Ducati).
Anyway that's enough rambling bring on the next round, it's an eternity away.

CunningStunter
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Giving credit to Rossi is laughable Burgess is the key to his successQUOTE]
Agreed and I also stated this earlier.

[QUOTE=CeeVee8;1880876]And I suppose Mick Doohan was just as useless as Rossi too :goodjob:

Mick Doohan would not have had the success without Burgess either.

Are you simple, the Honda was not all that slow last year, it was simply in the hands of the wrong riders. Its known fact to those in the know that the bike has very minimal changes. Stoner does not have the ability to correct a bikes faults where as Rossi together with Burgess does. If Jeremy Burgess really thought Casey Stoner was any good he would have joined him back at Honda as he had the chance but refused. Jeremy like most in the pits wants to go down being remebered as a winner and he knew that would not come with Stoner.

You can bag Rossi all you like but there is know doubt in anyones mind that he is the greatest moto gp rider you will see in your lifetime as is Kelly Slater in surfing Roger Federer in tennis and Michael Schumacher in F1.

'Stoner doesn't have the ability to 'correct' a bikes fault?! hahahaha where as Rossi AND Burgess do?!?! Even more LOLZ.....

Actually, Stoner and Rossi can ONLY supply their feedback as riders. The factories spend mega bucks on engineers, Burgess, to CORRECT the bikes FAULTS. I think you are talking about SETUP an in any case there is enough test riding both off and on season where the data is collected and analysed, in the case of Honda, they did quite well particularly in the days of Doohan because they had the LARGEST team of Satelite bikes and therefore mountains of data to compare against whereas Yamaha, Suzuki and co often only had the 1-2 bikes. Less data, less chance to 'correct' things as you say.

Also you say Rossi is one of his kind and is up there with Kelly Slater and Co however the Doohan/Burgess dynasty was just as close and you could easily argue Doohan should've had more championship belts than he ended up with end of the day the consistent between these 2 dominating riders is BURGESS.

Burgess did not re-join Honda with Casey for the same reason he did not stay with Yamaha. He had already developed the bike from a dog into a championship contender and was time to move on. I actually wonder if Burgess won'tbe happy until he's gone through every factory and wouldn't that be great since all factories get a chance to be a contender...I pray he goes to Suzuki next considering their ASBK effort OUTPACED their MotoGP efforts last year (at the Island) its crazy that a worked GSXR1000 can outlap a prototype top of the range bike......I pray that JB never EVER goes to Kawasaki though hahehahehahaa

End of the day - the move Rossi tried was not overly dangerous, unlike his efforts at Laguna Seca, trying to overtake rossi through the corkscrewn and screwming them both up - let alone the several instances of Rossi against Sete and other riders. It wasn't the smartest move so early in the race in wet conditions against a rider who has already well outpaced you in Qualy and Stoner smiling, accepted the apology. I still think Rossi should have received a drive through penalty if not disqualification whether in your mind he is the best rider of 'your lifetime' doesn't remove the fact he caused an accident which resulted in a rider not being able to finish the race and Rossi finishing 5th > also 'downing' a rider that WAS leading the championship....

Again I think I mentioned it earlier, if it was the first time it'd happened fair enough. Over the years Rossi has done this over and over against the current leading rider and I think he's a dog for doing it.....and I RACE bikes, I even own a Rossi replica helmet from years ago and was a fan. I am betting Rossi has lost alot of Aussie fans over this one....great he apologised but silly for putting himself in that position in the first place.

Great to see some debate though, by multi quoting I am not having a go at anyone but its great to see some bike racing discussion since I can't really comment on car racing !

hoon69
10-04-2011, 08:44 AM
And I suppose Mick Doohan was just as useless as Rossi too :goodjob:

that's laughable :rofl: you can compare two different decades of racing to each other.

VZ300: yeah im simple,rossi looks good cause of guys like burgess and with the aids and technology it really does remove natural ability from the scenerio,so yeah his days as the best are long gone,his still good but his not all that you fans make him out to be either...

Rossi used to be cool,his now just a paul morris of motogp http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb_3IwCh6-MVSFMv8NSgFpI_WHlx6Zi9Jo7RyLk5iTD21KgLxmWA&t=1

hoon69
10-04-2011, 08:47 AM
FIM to investigate marshalls involved in Casey Stoner Valentino Rossi incident

The governing body for international motorcycle racing, the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme, has announced it will be questioning the marshalls who Aussie rider Casey Stoner claimed failed to help him after he was taken out by Valentino Rossi at the MotoGP race in Spain.

Casey Stoner was taken out by Rossi in the race at Jerez, which led to the Australian sledging the Italian in the garages post-race - saying "your ambition outweighs your talent".

The Greatest Sledges In Sport's History

What's the best sporting sledge you've ever heard?
Stoner claimed the marshalls gave more assistance to Rossi, who continued and finished fifth in the race. Stoner, however, was unable to restart his stalled Honda.

"Following the collision between Rossi and Stoner during the MotoGP race of the Spanish Grand Prix on 3 April in Jerez, the Race Direction has decided to organise a hearing with the clerk of the course and the chief marshal in order to review the incident and to hear the explanation of the officials in charge," the FIM said in it’s official statement.

"Due to the fact that the final decision of the Race Direction will not affect the result of the race, the hearing will be organised on Thursday 28 April in Estoril, Portugal."

The FIM said that the final placings in the race would not be affected by the hearing

Australian 500cc legend and five-time consecutive world champion Mick Doohan has spoken out following the controversial clash between Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner in Jerez.

Speaking to Fox Sports News, Doohan played down the banter between the two MotoGP stars following the crash, but he levelled criticism at marshalls in Jerez.

"The marshalls shouldn't get involved in picking up one rider and not the other one, or even picking up any rider," he said.

"Years ago, they weren't allowed to be involved at all other than picking up the bike and the scraps and getting it away from the track.

"Casey's upset because he was taken out of the race through no fault of his own but there's plenty of races to go."

Doohan also criticised Valentino Rossi for not removing his helmet before apologising to Stoner after the crash.

And he named Jorge Lorenzo as the main title contender to Stoner in 2011.

ittwgn
15-05-2011, 11:05 PM
great result go casey killed em !!!!!! so if simoncelli gets a drive thru for that why didnt rossi for wiping out stoner a few races back???? pedrosa broken collarbone !!!! still saying he might be right for next race in few weeks??? cheers

VYSHSV8
15-05-2011, 11:12 PM
It is maybe not worth a drive through but maybe they should have set penalties ie 2 places for what he did etc etc or maybe points reduction..
Simoncelli is a great rider but does some silly things same as Rossi

Delft Maloo
15-05-2011, 11:20 PM
great result go casey killed em !!!!!! so if simoncelli gets a drive thru for that why didnt rossi for wiping out stoner a few races back???? pedrosa broken collarbone !!!! still saying he might be right for next race in few weeks??? cheers

rossi's was a silly move that took himself out and stoner, the move from simoncelli was a stupid move around the outside when pedrosa had the inside line, no drama's when going around the outside but when you do it and then cut into the line of the inside rider your just asking for trouble.

ittwgn
15-05-2011, 11:38 PM
the problem was rossi,s move on stoner didn,t take him out he kept going ending up 5th i think!!!???cheers anyway was a great race davisioso and rossi at the end !!!! cheers

hoon69
18-05-2011, 07:37 AM
that move by simo was never going to work on the outside
good to see honda 1,2 though :goodjob:

hoon69
13-06-2011, 12:28 PM
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/06/12/FTC_GBR_MotoGP_RAC_02.jpg

Jorge Lorenzo:
"I feel disappointed because the crash was my own mistake. It's a shame for the team because they did a very good job all weekend and also my Fan Club who come here to support me. I was riding with confidence, but I had to wait my moment to overtake Andrea. I think I could have fought for the victory with Casey. I wasn’t worried that Simoncelli was catching me; I was worried because Casey was going if I didn't overtake Andrea... then I crashed! Before Casey was chasing me, like a greyhound with a hare but now the situation has reversed. Now we have to go for the victory in Assen! I want to say congratulations to Colin; it has been a good weekend for him. He deserves it after last week".

http://photos.motogp.com/2011/06/12/2011-gbr-mgp-race-hlt_preview_big_169.jpg?version=2011-06-10.r01e0dfcf1f
Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) lead a rainy start of the Silverstone race, chased by the two Hondas of Dovizioso and Stoner, with Marco Simoncelli on the San Carlo Honda Gresini Team Honda close behind. But Lorenzo made a mistake on the first lap, allowing the Repsol bikes to pass and clearing the way for Simoncelli to challenge the Championship leader, who passed the Mallorcan for third several corners later.
Stoner contended Dovizioso for the lead on lap two, with the Italian holding the top spot for several corners until pole position starter Stoner took over the lead from his team mate. Meanwhile, Simoncelli, who started from second position, positively hunted down the Repsol Hondas from his third position in the field until he ran wide on the 4th lap and lost the position back to Lorenzo.
With rain steadily falling and conditions worsening, Lorenzo highsided out of third position on lap 8, making the Silverstone race the first he did not finish since 2009.
This put the 25 year old Simoncelli in third position, but not content to settle for his first podium position to be a third, he pushed to pass Dovizioso until he lost the front under braking on lap ten.
Stoner stretched a gap of 15 seconds ahead of field, eventually lapping Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) and Randy de Puniet (Pramac Racing) with three and a half laps left in the race, the two of whom finished 11th and 12th respectively.
The surprise of the weekend came with Colin Edwards piloting his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 bike to a podium finish. The 'Texas Tornado', who broke his collarbone last week in practice at Catalunya, started from eighth on the grid to ride a consistent race. Edwards benefited from the setbacks of Lorenzo and Simoncelli, thus earning his first podium of the season.
Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team), who set the fastest lap of the race, followed fellow American Edwards across the line in fourth.
Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) in fifth. Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team) finished sixth, in front of Czech rider Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing).
Toni Elias made a good launch off the start, putting his LCR Honda into eighth on the first lap from his 14th grid position. The Moto2 Champion crossed the line in eighth position, with Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) in ninth and Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing) in tenth.
Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) crashed out of the race on lap 14.
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/06/12/motogp003_preview_big.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/06/12/dovi_lorenzo_preview_big.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/06/12/04+andrea+dovizioso,+05+colin+edwards,+27+casey+st oner,+motogp_preview_big.jpg

great racing last night,good too see edwards pull a result out after his past week or so,and it was great to see a 1,2 from the repsol boys

hoon69
13-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Silverstone, Sunday, June 12, 2011
1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 147.9 47'53.459
2 20 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 147.1 +15.159
3 16 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 146.8 +21.480
4 13 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 146.5 +26.984
5 11 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 146.1 +35.569
6 10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 144.6 +1'04.526
7 9 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 143.3 +1'32.650
8 8 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 142.3 +1'51.938
9 7 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 142.3 +1'52.350
10 6 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 141.8 +2'03.312
11 5 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 139.7 1 Lap
12 4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 139.5 1 Lap
Not Classified
58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 147.1 10 Laps
1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 146.7 12 Laps
11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 143.8 13 Laps

Alex81
13-06-2011, 02:58 PM
congrats to stoner, was shitty weather to ride in and he did an outstanding job.:)

Vulture
26-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Another great race from Stoner. Extends his lead in the championship standings!

hoon69
27-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Another great race from Stoner. Extends his lead in the championship standings!wasnt a win but great race from stoner who just keeps going forward racking up the points,Lorenzo needs a chill pill i guess he has a right to be pissed cause his watching that No1 slowly being taken from his grasps :) but hats off to spies i liked him when he was in the WSBC :goodjob:

Assen, Saturday, June 25, 2011
1 25 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 169.7 41'44.659
2 20 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 169.2 +7.697
3 16 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 167.9 +27.506
4 13 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 167.7 +30.684
5 11 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 166.9 +43.172
6 10 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 166.8 +44.536
7 9 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 165.2 +1'08.112
8 8 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Repsol Honda Team Honda 165.1 +1'10.753
9 7 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 164.2 +1'24.925
10 6 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 164.1 +1'26.216
11 5 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 163.3 +1'38.466
12 4 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 161.5 1 Lap
13 3 64 Kousuke AKIYOSHI JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 158.5 1 Lap
14 2 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 151.6 2 Laps

VYSHSV8
27-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeh congrats to Ben Spies on a great win :):)

And well done to Casey on a race position well controlled for a second place, no need to go chasing the win for him:):)

hoon69
04-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Mugello, Sunday, July 03, 2011
1 25 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 173.0 41'50.089
2 20 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 172.9 +0.997
3 16 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 172.9 +1.143
4 13 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 172.4 +8.980
5 11 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 172.4 +9.076
6 10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 171.2 +26.450
7 9 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 171.1 +28.745
8 8 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 170.8 +32.043
9 7 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 170.7 +33.421
10 6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 170.7 +34.724
11 5 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 170.5 +37.359
12 4 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 170.0 +43.964
13 3 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 169.8 +47.654
14 2 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 169.7 +48.840
15 1 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 168.0 +1'15.199

1Casey STONERHonda152
2Jorge LORENZOYamaha133
3Andrea DOVIZIOSOHonda119
4Valentino ROSSIDucati91
5Nicky HAYDENDucati77
6Ben SPIESYamaha74
7Dani PEDROSAHonda69
8Hiroshi AOYAMAHonda56
9Colin EDWARDSYamaha53
10Marco SIMONCELLIHonda50

VX2VESS
16-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Stoner another pole, actually had the fastest time on race tyres, then went faster on soft.

What up with Rossie, slowest of all the Ducati's. 2nd last in fact

Delft Maloo
17-07-2011, 12:31 AM
What up with Rossie, slowest of all the Ducati's. 2nd last in fact

i think the problem is more rossi than the bike, jb can setup any bike in the world but even he doesnt have the skill to setup a rider. What i find funny is that the other ducati riders dont seem to have the extreme issues he does? lucky he is racing better than he qualifies.

hoon69
17-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Sachsenring, Sunday, July 17, 2011
1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 283.5 1'22.132
2 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 279.2 1'22.309 0.177 / 0.177
3 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 282.7 1'22.412 0.280 / 0.103
4 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 281.0 1'22.555 0.423 / 0.143
5 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 277.2 1'22.587 0.455 / 0.032
6 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 275.9 1'22.603 0.471 / 0.016
7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 281.0 1'22.765 0.633 / 0.162
8 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 274.3 1'22.965 0.833 / 0.200
9 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 278.2 1'22.967 0.835 / 0.002
10 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 275.9 1'23.163 1.031 / 0.196
11 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 277.3 1'23.260 1.128 / 0.097
12 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 280.2 1'23.355 1.223 / 0.095
13 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 273.5 1'23.358 1.226 / 0.003
14 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 279.9 1'23.418 1.286 / 0.060
15 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 278.3 1'23.838 1.706 / 0.420
16 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 275.5 1'24.154 2.022 / 0.316
17 50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 273.6 1'25.739 3.607 / 1.585

VX2VESS
18-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner.

Good to see Pedrosa back to form...

Stoner used up his tyres again, he must be slightly harder on them than the others. Stoner said he backed off a couple of time to help save them but wasn't enough lost edge grip again..Pedrosa is smaller and lighter i guess helps him...

VX2VESS
18-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Rossi, is on the 2011 bike Hayden is on the 2010 bike, may explain something.

Hayden has to decide if he was to go onto the 2011 bike next race or not..

Rossi should have stayed where he was. Not sure he is as good as Stoner, Stoner was always able to control the Ducati better than anyone else could. Rossi cannot get anything from it

maloo25
18-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Rossi is actually on the 2012 bike, after they tested the 1000cc bike for 2012 he liked it so much that they changed the crank and rods in the motor to bring it back to 800cc(named the GP11.1), . Hayden is on the 2011 bike(GP11).Karel Abraham is th only Ducati rider on the 2010 bike.

1UZTT
24-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Rossi, is on the 2011 bike Hayden is on the 2010 bike, may explain something.

Hayden has to decide if he was to go onto the 2011 bike next race or not..

Rossi should have stayed where he was. Not sure he is as good as Stoner, Stoner was always able to control the Ducati better than anyone else could. Rossi cannot get anything from it

Honda and Yamaha have made big steps forward. Rossi is actually lapping much faster on the GP11 than Stoner did on the GP10(Which are essentially similar bikes). For example, Nicky was fighting for top 5s and the occasional win in 2010, but he's struggling this year. It shows that Yamaha and Honda have moved forward.

[Mitch]
25-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Great win for Stoner, did well to move up to the front. Awesome overtake on Lorenzo.

VX2VESS
25-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Only saw the last 10 laps, so far. Good win for him.

I'd say Stoner was saving his tyres this time, leaving enough for a late run. He has had issues with loosing tyres near the end lately.

hoon69
25-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I0eke9wc4_8
AEpEvG88gl0

congrats casey and nice moves to get back to the front :goodjob:

VX2VESS
25-07-2011, 09:20 PM
You left out a bit

KcOFdK9zNeI

1UZTT
26-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Top race, amazing pass.

VX2VESS
14-08-2011, 10:13 PM
These races are getting good..

Sad to see one crash out in the first few laps, it would have been more interesting if he didn't.

Wonder if stoner is pushing too hard, will his tyres last.

hoon69
15-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Brno, Sunday, August 14, 2011
1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.8 43'16.796
2 20 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.4 +6.532
3 16 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 164.3 +7.792
4 13 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.2 +8.513
5 11 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.1 +10.186
6 10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 164.0 +12.632
7 9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 163.3 +23.037
8 8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 163.3 +24.189
9 7 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 163.2 +25.202
10 6 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 162.5 +36.566
11 5 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 162.5 +36.679
12 4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 162.5 +37.109
13 3 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 161.7 +48.911
Not Classified
19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 159.3 6 Laps
17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 148.8 10 Laps
35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 161.8 16 Laps
26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 161.0 20 Laps
uUTH9MVBNRM

HOLY SHIAT watch casey at 42-44 seconds :o
-9R18MPJBNo

VX2VESS
15-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Now we know the answer to the above, his tyres did last at that pace...

Would have been better if Pedrossa didn't crash

Vulture
15-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Another stunning race from our boy! Well done Casey.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.232675,153.116227

hoon69
29-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Indianapolis, Sunday, August 28, 2011
1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 151.1 46'52.786
2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 150.8 +4.828
3 16 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 150.5 +10.603
4 13 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 150.2 +16.576
5 11 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 150.2 +17.202
6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 149.5 +30.447
7 9 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 149.0 +39.690
8 8 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 148.3 +53.416
9 7 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 148.3 +53.790
10 6 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 148.2 +55.345
11 5 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 148.1 +57.184
12 4 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 147.9 +1'00.141
13 3 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 147.8 +1'02.169
14 2 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 138.0 2 Laps

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) took the early race lead, until team mate Casey Stoner overtook the Spaniard on lap seven and stretched his lead in front of the pack to remain unchallenged for the remainder of the race. Stoner extends his Championship lead to 44 points ahead of reigning World Champion Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) with this win, his first ever podium at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

A bad start for Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) from second on the grid found the Texan down in ninth position, after his poor start was made worse when he and Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) touched heading into turn one, pushing Spies wide. The 25 year old methodically made his way back through the field and into third position by lap sixteen. The pace set by Spies would have been quick enough to fight for second position, though his poor start kept him from catching Pedrosa, who crossed the line second in front of the American.

Lorenzo had seen second position in the early laps, but was overtaken by Stoner and then eventually Spies to finish in fourth position. Dovizioso tussled with Nicky Hayden early in the race for fifth, until the American from the Ducati Team fell back with tire problems, leaving the Italian to chase Lorenzo.

Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) finished a lonely sixth after starting tenth on the grid. The Spaniard crossed the line 9 seconds in front of American Colin Edwards on his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine. Randy de Puniet (Pramac Racing) crossed the line in eighth, giving the French rider his best finish of the season.

Ninth spot went to Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini), who crossed the line a second and a half ahead of Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team). Rossi’s tenth place was of note in that on lap eight the Italian fell back into 17th position with apparent tire troubles. It appeared he would be entering the pits, but kept circulating and made his way back up to finish tenth in front of rookie Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) .

Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) had seen as high as third position in the race, until tire trouble for the Italian saw him slowly dropping back, finally finishing in twelfth. Toni Elías (LCR Honda) and Hayden completed the race finishers, with Elias ahead of the American. Hayden had pitted in earlier with troubles and rejoined the session to salvage some points, finishing 14th.

A disappointing end was had for Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar), who crashed out of eighth place in the final corner.

hoon69
07-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Repsol Honda’s Casey Stoner looked poised to take the lead in turn one at the start of the Misano race, but defending World Champion Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) fought back and moved to the front in the first corner, holding onto the lead position until crossing the finish line to take his third win of 2011 and reducing the gap to Stoner in the Championship lead to 35 points.

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) was third off the start, a deviation from his usual hole shot into the first corner, the Spaniard gradually gaining ground on his team mate until he over took the Australian on lap 22, to cross the line second. In an unusual bout of fatigue, 25 year old Stoner was unable to retaliate and finished the race in third.

Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) fell back to seventh on the start, then made his way back through the pack up to fourth, where he then engaged in a tussle with his rival Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda), emerging ahead of his fellow countryman on the last lap to take fourth. Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing), whose poor start saw the American drop to seventh on the second lap, caught the dueling Italians and looked capable and prepared to make the pass into fourth, but instead got baulked in the final corner to finish sixth behind Dovizioso.

Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team) had a terrific start from his 11th place on the grid, moving up into fifth by lap two, until Simoncelli got ahead of him on lap four and Spies passed him on lap 15. The seven time premier class Champion completed the race in seventh, ahead of Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) who fulfilled his fourth top ten finish of the season.

Mapfre Aspar rider Héctor Barberá achieved his sixth top ten finish of the season with ninth place, ahead of Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), who ended his challenging weekend the final finisher in the top ten, just over two seconds in front of Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini).
Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) crashed out of the race on lap three, an unfortunate end to an already difficult weekend for the American, while Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing) retired to the pits early in the race.

1 25 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 160.6 44'11.877
2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 160.2 +7.299
3 16 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 159.9 +11.967
4 13 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 159.6 +17.353
5 11 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 159.6 +17.390
6 10 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 159.5 +18.092
7 9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 159.2 +23.703
8 8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 158.8 +30.678
9 7 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 158.4 +37.502
10 6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 158.4 +37.720
11 5 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 158.3 +39.548
12 4 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 158.2 +40.506
13 3 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 157.5 +53.349
14 2 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 156.9 +1'02.366
15 1 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 155.9 +1'20.156

1Casey STONERHonda259
2Jorge LORENZOYamaha224
3Andrea DOVIZIOSOHonda185
4Dani PEDROSAHonda150
5Ben SPIESYamaha135
6Valentino ROSSIDucati133
7Nicky HAYDENDucati105
8Marco SIMONCELLIHonda93
9Colin EDWARDSYamaha87
10Hiroshi AOYAMAHonda82

VX2VESS
07-09-2011, 08:08 PM
yeah he said he wasn't feeling well, not much sleep etc. got fatigued half way in, he was happy to sit behind L for a while then over take but then that happened...

hoon69
18-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Casey Stoner has taken pole position for the Gran Premio de Aragon despite crashing in the 60 minute qualifying session.
Having mounted his spare bike, Stoner set the session’s best time of 1:48.45s inside the final two minutes – lowering his previous effort by 0.2s to cement pole.
Team-mate Dani Pedrosa ended the session second fastest, having run a 1:48.75s on his penultimate lap before running off the circuit on his final flyer.
Factory Yamaha riders Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo will start third and fourth, while Andrea Dovizioso rounded out the top five on the third Repsol Honda.
After the conclusion of the session, Stoner put his crash down to an unexpected amount of grip from the soft tyre.
“At the end of the session we put on the soft tyre and on the first lap I was a little too cautious in Turn 1 as I wasn’t sure if the tyres were warm enough,” said Stoner.
Then I pushed on the second lap and I had a lot more grip than I expected so I went through the corner much faster and I wasn’t able to slow down, I pulled the bike up but it was difficult to reduce the speed and I ended up needing to lay the bike down to avoid the wall.
“Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to restart the bike which is a shame as I was happier on that one, but even on the second bike we were able to improve our time.
“Now we need to see what the weather brings for tomorrow but we’re feeling good and I hope for a good race.”
Marco Simoncelli (Gresini Honda), Nicky Hayden (Ducati), Karel Abraham (Cardion Ducati), Hiroshi Aoyama (Gresini Honda) and Randy de Puniet (Pramac Ducati) will fill sixth through 10th on the grid, while Valentino Rossi (Ducati), who qualified 13th, will start from pitlane having elected to use a seventh engine for the season.
See below for the full qualifying result
Pos.
Rider
Team
Time
Gap 1st/Prev.
1 Casey STONER Repsol Honda Team 1’48.451
2 Dani PEDROSA Repsol Honda Team 1’48.747 0.296 / 0.296
3 Ben SPIES Yamaha Factory Racing 1’49.155 0.704 / 0.408
4 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha Factory Racing 1’49.270 0.819 / 0.115
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Repsol Honda Team 1’49.372 0.921 / 0.102
6 Marco SIMONCELLI San Carlo Honda Gresini 1’49.528 1.077 / 0.156
7 Nicky HAYDEN Ducati Team 1’49.752 1.301 / 0.224
8 Karel ABRAHAM Cardion AB Motoracing 1’49.777 1.326 / 0.025
9 Hiroshi AOYAMA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1’49.813 1.362 / 0.036
10 Randy DE PUNIET Pramac Racing Team 1’49.826 1.375 / 0.013
11 Alvaro BAUTISTA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1’49.883 1.432 / 0.057
12 Cal CRUTCHLOW Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1’49.893 1.442 / 0.010
13 Valentino ROSSI Ducati Team 1’49.960 1.509 / 0.067
14 Hector BARBERA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP 1’49.976 1.525 / 0.016
15 Colin EDWARDS Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1’50.105 1.654 / 0.129
16 Loris CAPIROSSI Pramac Racing Team 1’50.752 2.301 / 0.647
17 Toni ELIAS LCR Honda MotoGP 1’51.073 2.622 / 0.321

hoon69
19-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Casey Stoner claimed another victory at the MotorLand circuit on Sunday, giving the Australian his eighth win of the season and Repsol Honda their 100th win. The important vicoty puts the Australian 44 points clear of defending World Champion Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing). Dani Pedrosa finished the round in second place behind his team mate, while Lorenzo made his way to the final podium spot.

Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) finished 6 seconds behind Lorenzo to take fourth, a strong finish for the Italian considering he ran off the track on his first attempt at passing the YZR-M1 of Ben Spies on lap 9. The Yamaha rider had a great start off the outside of the first row, leading into turn one in front of fellow front row starters Stoner and Pedrosa, but the two Honda riders got past him by lap two, and the American finally finished the race in fifth place.

Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) finished in sixth off an eleventh place start, passing Hayden (Ducati Team) on lap 10 and holding the position to the finish line. The American and Héctor Barberá had a scrap for seventh, with the Hayden passing the Mapfre Aspar ride on the penultimate lap.

Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) finished ninth, ahead of Valentino Rossi who started his Ducati Team machine from pit lane, and Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) in 11th.

A first lap crash for Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) caused Randy De Puniet to run off track to avoid the Czech rider, the Frenchman rejoining the race to finish 12th ahead of the final race finisher Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3).

Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) also fell on the first lap and was unable to rejoin, while Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing) collided with Toni Elías (LCR Honda) on lap 15, both riders going down in the gravel, producing another dislocated right shoulder for Capirossi and making the Italian's presence at the next round at Motegi questionable.

Alcañiz, Sunday, September 18, 2011
1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 165.7 42'17.427
2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 165.2 +8.162
3 16 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.8 +14.209
4 13 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 164.4 +20.646
5 11 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 163.9 +27.739
6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 163.7 +30.373
7 9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 163.5 +34.288
8 8 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 163.3 +37.305
9 7 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 163.2 +39.652
10 6 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 163.1 +39.832
11 5 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 163.1 +39.997
12 4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 162.2 +54.717
13 3 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 162.0 +58.430

Vulture
19-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Impressive again from Casey. 8s ahead of the next closest rider.
On track for another world championship.

VX2VESS
19-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Rossi only 2 motors for the rest of the season, and penalty starts for a new motor to fit the frame changes.

hoon69
03-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Pedrosa crossed the line to take the win at a dramatic Grand Prix of Japan, where the only two of the top seven riders did not either run off track or incur a ride through penalty. The GP began with pole setter Stoner launching into turn one ahead of the field, while team mate Dovizioso jumped the start from the front row, with Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) and Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) both following suit.

Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi crashed out of the first lap, forcing Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) off track, dropping the American down the order. Meanwhile Stoner appeared set to take another victory, leading clear and free until running off the track on lap five. Shortly thereafter Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) went down, while Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) ran off track after lapping in fourth position.

Lorenzo made his way across the line in second, while Stoner rose to third. Simoncelli and Dovizioso took their ride through penalties and then engaged in a battle to the finish, with the San Carlo Honda Gresini rider holding off Dovizioso to take fourth.

Three Americans followed next, with Spies sixth in front of Hayden and Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3). Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) avoided any drama to finish ninth as did Randy de Puniet (Pramac Racing) who finished tenth. Crutchlow was 11th despite a runoff in addition to his ride through penalty.

That left Kousuke Akiyoshi (LCR Honda) to take 12th, as his team mate Toni Elías crashed out after lapping in sixth position. Shinichi Ito (Honda Racing Team) was the final finisher of the race in 13th, while Damian Cudlin who rode in place of an injured Capirossi on the Pramac Racing team crashed near the end of the race, and Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) went down while running in fourth position.

Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) did not participate in the race after taking the decision not to ride. The Czech rider was still feeling the after-effects of a light head concussion sustained in a crash in the opening lap of the Aragón race.

Stoner’s lead at the top of the Championship over Lorenzo now stands at 40 points with three rounds of the 2011 season remaining.

1 25 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 161.6 42'47.481
2 20 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 161.1 +7.299
3 16 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 160.4 +18.380
4 13 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 160.1 +23.550
5 11 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 160.1 +23.691
6 10 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 159.2 +37.604
7 9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 159.1 +39.167
8 8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 158.8 +45.023
9 7 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 158.5 +49.074
10 6 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 157.9 +59.022
11 5 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 157.0 +1'13.964
12 4 64 Kousuke AKIYOSHI JPN LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 156.6 +1'21.709
13 3 72 Shinichi ITO JPN Honda Racing Team Honda 156.3 +1'26.381
Not Classified
24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 158.8 7 Laps
19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 159.7 11 Laps
6 Damian CUDLIN AUS Pramac Racing Team Ducati 156.7 11 Laps
8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 147.6 23 Laps
46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team

VX2VESS
03-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes Stoner was clearing off again, then had that bad luck and some good riding not to crash after that severe head shake, then no brakes to pull up for the corner.

Good to recover 3rd, smart not to try for 2nd and risk another off trying to take any more places. he would have only caught up last lap if ran at 110% the rest of the race, too risky and not much of a chance to get past him if he did get there with no tyres left.

hoon69
11-10-2011, 10:21 AM
SPEED calculates what Aussie rider Casey Stoner needs to seal MotoGP championship at Phillip Island

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/09/29/1226151/854517-casey-stoner-aragon.jpg

Home
Motorsports
MotoGP
How Stoner can seal title at Phillip Island

SPEED calculates what Aussie rider Casey Stoner needs to seal MotoGP championship at Phillip Island

By Josh Barnett
SPEED
October 11, 2011 7:22AM

Casey Stoner Aragon

Shining ... If all goes to plan, Stoner will seal the 2011 title at Phillip Island. Source: Jose Jordan / AFP

Aussie MotoGP rider Casey Stoner will turn 26 on race day at the Phillip Island Grand Prix, and he'll have a perfect celebration if he can win the event to seal his second world title.

As always with motorsport points systems, you come close to needing a PhD to understand the algorithms to work out championship scenarios.

But Stoner will be hoping to win the race with reigning world champ Jorge Lorenzo finishing off the podium, and the 2011 title is his.

If Stoner doesn’t win at Phillip Island - for the first time in four years - he can still have the trophy in the bag if Lorenzo has a shocker.

Stoner can actually win the championship by coming as low as sixth if the Yamaha pilot fails to finish the race.

If the Aussie comes second, the Spaniard must come sixth or lower for Stoner to claim the title. If Stoner comes third, Lorenzo needs to finish 10th or lower. A fourth or fifth placing, and Lorenzo must finish lower than 13th or 15th respectively.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

But Stoner wouldn't be crunching numbers in his head while he’s scraping his knees around the famous Victorian circuit. He’ll be just thinking about trying to win.

What Lorenzo does is out of his control - unless Stoner gives him a shoving Schumacher-style. But that’s not Stoner’s go.

Stoner has dominated his home race the past few years, so he’ll be short-priced favourite to win.

If all goes to plan, this will be arguably his sweetest win.

mjrandom
11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Been away and too lazy to google; has Dovi signed with Yamaha?

maloo25
11-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Been away and too lazy to google; has Dovi signed with Yamaha?

It's been confirmed today by team owner Herve Poncharal that Dovi will be partnering Cal Over at Tech3 on the Monster Yamaha, with a one year contract.

hoon69
11-10-2011, 04:26 PM
http://www.speedcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Screen-shot-2011-10-11-at-4.24.30-PM-344x224.png

Five-time motorcycle world champion Mick Doohan says that we may have seen Valentino Rossi’s last win in MotoGP.
Rossi has won 79 premier class races, including seven world titles, but his switch this season to Ducati has thus far has delivered one podium and zero wins.
Doohan, the winner of 54 Grands Prix and five-consecutive world titles (1994-1998) says that with the rise of Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo, winning races isn’t going to get easier for him.
“He’s been around for a long while and I think that’s the key with any sportsman or sportswoman – how long can you remain completely immersed in the sport and forget about any outside influences?” Doohan says on Rossi, 32.
“Rossi’s been around with the 125’s, 250’s, MotoGP – he’s got a lot of titles and a lot of seasons under his belt.
“It’s not really injuries coming in, I think it’s more just getting tired and not wanting to push yourself, whereas somebody like Casey has still got the desire to push himself and win championship after championship.
“That’s not to say that somebody like Rossi doesn’t want to be number one – but it’s not going to get any easier for him. And the longer it takes for Ducati to get the bike to a position where he feels comfortable on it, I just feel that where he is in his life-cycle, in his career, he’s not prepared to push it the way that Casey or a younger guy would be prepared to push it to gain the results.
“It’s now a Catch-22: there’s those guys who are prepared to push it, Valentino’s got the experience, but he maybe hasn’t got that desire to push himself beyond the limits anymore.”

hoon69
11-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech 3 Yamaha and Dovizioso agree deal for 2012

The 25-year-old brings a wealth of experience to the French-based Tech 3 Team having proven to be one of the fastest and most consistent performers on the grid since his MotoGP debut in 2008. Five podium finishes, including four second places in 2011, have put Dovizioso in a fantastic third place in the World Championship standings with just three races remaining. The Italian, who was 125cc World Champion in 2004 and twice runner-up in the 250cc class, will join Cal Crutchlow at Tech 3 for the hugely anticipated first season of the new 1000cc MotoGP era, which kicks off in Qatar on April 15, 2012.

Andrea Dovizioso

"I'm happy to have reached this agreement with Tech 3 for next year and I want to thank Hervé Poncharal for the opportunity he is giving me. I am excited to become part of Hervé's squad and to be teamed with Cal. I am sure this new challenge will be exciting, motivating and fun. Now that 2012 is sorted I want to focus on finishing the season in the best possible way."

Herve Poncharal, Team Manager (Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team)

“I am delighted that a rider of Andrea's stature has decided to commit his future to Tech 3 and Yamaha. He is without doubt one of the fastest riders in the world who has proven on a regular basis that he is capable of challenging for the podium in MotoGP. I am thrilled that he trusts the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team to take his career to the next level and we can look forward to 2012 with high expectations. I am convinced that with Andrea and Cal we have one of the strongest line-ups on the grid in 2012 and both of them will demonstrate the potential of Yamaha's new 1000cc machine.”

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Tech+3+Yamaha+and+Dovizioso+agree+deal+for+2012

hoon69
15-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Phillip Island, Saturday, October 15, 2011
1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 321.4 1'29.975
2 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 314.9 1'30.448 0.473 / 0.473
3 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 316.5 1'30.599 0.624 / 0.151
4 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 319.3 1'30.714 0.739 / 0.115
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 320.6 1'30.780 0.805 / 0.066
6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 314.7 1'30.792 0.817 / 0.012
7 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 315.7 1'30.835 0.860 / 0.043
8 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 316.1 1'30.871 0.896 / 0.036
9 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 314.2 1'31.237 1.262 / 0.366
10 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 310.3 1'31.583 1.608 / 0.346
11 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 313.9 1'31.635 1.660 / 0.052
12 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 318.9 1'31.889 1.914 / 0.254
13 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 315.4 1'31.980 2.005 / 0.091
14 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 316.5 1'32.023 2.048 / 0.043
15 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 321.1 1'32.054 2.079 / 0.031
16 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 321.6 1'32.503 2.528 / 0.449
6 Damian CUDLIN AUS Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 303.8 1'36.666 6.691 / 4.163

MotoGP star Casey Stoner says he is saddened to watch the decline of his great rival Valentino Rossi and Ducati, the bike on which he won the 2007 world championship.

Rossi, a seven-times world champion, is set to complete a season this year without winning a race for the first time in his career.

He has struggled since switching from Yamaha to Ducati, replacing Stoner, who moved to Honda and is now the 2011 world champion-elect.

Stoner will be chasing his fifth consecutive Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island this weekend and could capture his second world crown with two races remaining.

Rossi, who dominated the elite series throughout the 2000s, admits he has run out of ideas to turn Ducati into a competitive machine, but Stoner maintains it was a winning bike when he left the team last year.

"We were still very competitive on the Ducati and it was pretty much one season - last year - when we really struggled, but I'd say the last half a dozen rounds we still had a bike that was fast enough to win every race," Stoner said on Wednesday.

"In 2009 I think we had the bike to win the championship and I was ready to win it but we ran into health issues with lactose (intolerance) and I just wasn't able to be competitive enough.

"Even in 2008 we gave it a great shot although we started off a little weak and became strong.

"Then I had a broken wrist during the season so we had a little run of bad luck with Ducati in some ways but with others we've had a fantastic run."

Stoner says he hopes Rossi's battles this year do not prompt Ducati to pull out of the championship.

"I just hope what is happening now doesn't push Ducati to the point where they are not going to be able to race anymore, that's what worries me.

"I'm disappointed to see them struggling so much because I know the guys work day and night to try and get that bike to where Valentino wants it.

"But nothing seems to have worked so far and nothing seems to be up to par with what they want."

Meanwhile, five-times world champion Mick Doohan has questioned whether Rossi, 32, still has the motivation to try to return to the top as he fights the difficult Ducati.

"It's hard to say," Doohan said.

"He's been around for a long while and I think that's the key with any sportsman or sportswoman, how long can you remain completely immersed in the sport and forget about any outside influences?

"Rossi's been around with the 125s, 250s, MotoGP; he's got a lot of titles and a lot of seasons under his belt.

"It's not really injuries coming in, I think it's more just getting tired and not wanting to push yourself, whereas somebody like Casey has still got the desire to push himself and win championship after championship.

"That's not to say that somebody like Rossi doesn't want to be number one but it's not going to get any easier for him."

hoon69
15-10-2011, 05:12 PM
The 2007 World Champion appears set to repeat his performance of last year that saw the Australian lead all sessions, take pole and ride to the win by leading the field by a margin of 0.473s over second place pace setter, Yamaha Factory’s Jorge Lorenzo, with an incredibly fast lap of 1’29.975. If the soon to be 26 year old (he celebrates his 26th on Sunday), scores ten points over title defender Lorenzo, he can wrap up the 2011 title in front of his home crowd.

San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli landed on the front row for the first time since the Mugello round, with a best effort of 1’30.599, while Álvaro Bautista had his and Rizla Suzuki’s best qualifying of the season with fourth, following the Italian by 0.115s.

Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) joins Bautista on row two after posting a time of 1’30.780, as does Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team), who had an early run off in the first 15 minutes, then regrouped enough to see himself as high as third on the leaderboard, finally settling in sixth with a time just 0.012s off Dovizioso’s.

Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) had an off track excursion followed by shortly by a heavy crash in turn 3. The Texan returned to the box, then quickly got back on track to jump immediately to seventh in a speedy recovery, a position he maintained with a time of 1’30.835.

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) followed the Texan by 0.036s to place eighth on the grid, the Spaniard was the last rider to lap within a second of Stoner’s leading time. Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) posted ninth quickest, with Loris Capirossi completing the top ten on his Pramac Racing machine, while his team mate Randy De Puniet just missed out on the top ten by 0.052s.

Damian Cudlin did not run within the 107% qualifying time, the Australian replacement for Héctor Barberá on the Mapfre Aspar team was still sore from a morning crash, however he will be allowed to race on Sunday as he was fast enough during the practice sessions to get on grid.

trialweis
15-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Good Luck Casey hope you can seal another championship tomorrow

Vulture
15-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Come on Casey! Wish I was there. :woot:

vessloveit
16-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Casey Stoners closest rival Lorenzo will not be racing after a crash that took off half of his little finger, Casey only has to finish sixth or better to clinch the championship.

vess330
16-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah. I just flicked the tv on and they said that they were looking for Lorenzos finger. Looks like it will be a special day for Casey, winning the championship in his home country. A bit unfortunate as I would have prefered to see them fight it out but thems the breaks... literally.

hoon69
16-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Reigning World Champion Jorge Lorenzo has been forced to withdraw from Sunday’s Iveco Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix after sustaining a left hand injury in Sunday morning warm-up at the Phillip Island circuit.

The Yamaha rider crashed at the exit of Turn 12 on his final lap of the 20-minute session, high-siding off the bike and coming to rest on the edge of the circuit.

The Spaniard walked away shaking his left hand, and was declared unfit for the race after a visit to the medical centre following the session.

Lorenzo trails world championship leader Casey Stoner by 40 points with three races remaining, meaning the Australian only needs to finish in the top six in the 27-lap race to secure his second world title.

Stoner has topped every on-track session this weekend at the Island, and has won in Australia for the past four years.

Rick76
16-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Photo of JL's injury http://ow.ly/i/jgyY/original

vzss05
16-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Hard to tell from the angle of his finger how much is missing????? Not the way Casey would want to win it, but thems the breaks!!!!

vessloveit
16-10-2011, 02:51 PM
From that photo it looks like his ring finger not little finger as reported on TV

vzss05
16-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Well Done Casey Stoner World Champion 2011:goodjob:

AndrewMSS
16-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Well done Casey! What an awesome year!

[Mitch]
16-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Pissed that they cut it short to go to the Formula 1 but congratulations Casey, well deserved win!

bok1
16-10-2011, 04:40 PM
2011 WORLD CHAMPION well done casey.
wish jorge all the best with the recovery of his injury.

phil

trialweis
16-10-2011, 05:58 PM
From that photo it looks like his ring finger not little finger as reported on TV

some of hes team were out looking in the gravel trap for hes missing finger so it could be sewn back on!!
Well done Casey those last couple of laps when it started to rain would of been nerve racking .

VX2VESS
16-10-2011, 06:10 PM
great work stoner...you sure can ride.

hoon69
16-10-2011, 06:35 PM
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/10/16/27caseystoner,motogp_1_slideshow_169.jpg
The Australian dominated the weekend for the fifth year running, leading the race from start to finish, giving Honda their first riders title since 2006. The 26 year old took the holeshot from pole position and never looked back as the rest of the field battled for positions.

With a strong breeze blowing and darkening skies, the MotoGP race commenced with a rearranged grid following the withdraw of both Yamaha Factory riders and Héctor Barberá’s replacement rider, Damian Cudlin on the Mapfre Aspar team. Jorge Lorenzo withdrew after a high side in the morning warm up left him with a severely injured finger that will require surgery, while Ben Spies is still mildly concussed after a crash in qualifying on Saturday. Cudlin withdrew due to injuries from a crash in Saturday morning practice.

Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) and Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) followed Stoner into turn one, with the Italian making an early move on Hayden to take second. Simoncelli then spent the remainder of the race tussling with Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda), beating his compatriot across the line for his best MotoGP finish of second.

Dani Pedrosa was ten seconds adrift of team mate Dovizioso to finish fourth, giving Honda a 1-4 finish, while Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) inherited fifth place after first Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team) and then Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) crashed out of that position. Rossi fell after making a pass on the Bautista, ending his 13 year string of podium finishes at the Australian circuit, while the Suzuki man slipped toward the end of the race as rain began to fall.

The white flag had been shown on lap ten as scattered rain drops appeared, giving riders the option to swap bikes, though the rain didn’t start in earnest until nearly the end, when it claimed not only Bautista but then Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini).

Hayden was the first to enter the pits to change bikes, followed by Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing), though it did not help their finishing positions as Hayden ended the race seventh behind Randy de Puniet (Pramac Racing) despite the Frenchman having had an earlier offtrack excursion, while Capirossi finished ninth behind Toni Elías (LCR Honda).

The final race finisher was Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing), who crossed the line tenth.

hoon69
17-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Casey Stoner is owed a collective apology by the MotoGP world, according to one of the sport's most respected figures.

Carlo Pernat, the former Aprilia sporting director and first man to sign superstar Valentino Rossi, said Stoner was unfairly criticised as he fought illness and injury in recent years.

The Australian won the 2007 world championship for Ducati but Pernat says seven-times MotoGP titleholder Rossi will never win another world crown while on the same bike.

Stoner left Ducati in disgust last year, according to Pernat, after the Italian manufacturer offered a massive contract to Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo.

Pernat said Ducati made a major mistake in assuming Stoner's career was over while he was weakened by a mystery illness which was later diagnosed as lactose intolerance.

"In the Italian media two months ago, I made an open apology to Casey, what many people in MotoGP thought in the past was not true," Pernat said.

"Now we understand that the reason for many of his crashes ... the majority of people in MotoGP should now make this apology to Casey."

Ducati had jumped to the same conclusion with disastrous results, he said.

Rossi has been unable to tame the Ducati on which Stoner won the world title and is set to go through 2011 without a race win for the first time in his career.

"This was a very big mistake by Ducati, a very wrong strategy in dealing with a champion rider," Pernat said.

"To make an offer, virtually double Casey's salary, to Lorenzo who had not won a championship, while Casey was away sick, was a big mistake.

"Ducati is a proud company and they thought their bike was perfect. What they didn't understand was that only Casey could explore 100 per cent of the potential of this bike."

Pernat signed Rossi to his first factory contract in 1995 when the Italian star was 16 and was the Aprilia team boss when the Italian won the first of his nine world championships - the 125cc title in 1997.

Pernat is now a leading rider manager and media commentator and has closely followed the disaster that is Rossi's winless season.

He says the formidable rider of the past has gone missing.

"What is happening now with Valentino and Ducati is something very strange. Now he is like someone I don't know," Pernat said.

"But I know Valentino's character very well. I was first to sign him in 1995 and he has always spoken the truth, his real feelings.

"I am surprised to see him in this condition - now he is different.

"I am 90 per cent sure that Valentino will not win another world championship with Ducati.

"To be in this shit situation is very hard for Valentino, for his way of life, for his normal character and he seems different to me now," he said.

hoon69
17-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Jorge Lorenzo is to miss the next round of MotoGP, to recover from successful surgery to repair the finger which was damaged so badly during a warm up crash at Phillip Island. Lorenzo was thrown from his Factory Yamaha YZR-M1 on Sunday morning, and had the ring finger on his left hand trapped by the handlebars, which tore the top of his finger off. Lorenzo was forced to miss the race in Australia, and was flown straight to a hospital in Melbourne, where a three-and-a-half hour operation was performed to reattach the lost fingertip.

That surgery was a success, saving the tendons and nerves in his left ring finger, leaving him with a fully functional finger, but the recovery period from the complex surgery is long. As a result, Lorenzo will miss next weekend's race at Sepang, and could even be forced to skip the final round of MotoGP at Valencia.

Below is the official press release from Yamaha about the surgery:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jorge Lorenzo Injury Update

Surgery to repair damage to Jorge Lorenzo's finger in Melbourne this evening has been successful. The surgeon was able to save the nerves and tendons of the injured fourth finger, as a result no functionality will be lost in either the finger or the hand. Unfortunately an extended recovery time will be required so Jorge will not race in Sepang for the Malaysian Grand Prix. A decision on the Valencia Grand Prix will be made dependent on Jorge's condition after his return to Barcelona. The official medical bulletin will be released tomorrow morning.

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2011/10/16/lorenzo_finger_surgery_a_success_but_wil.html

Grommz
17-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Needless to say it was a boring race without Lorenzo or Spies..

CunningStunter
17-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Needless to say it was a boring race without Lorenzo or Spies..

Cept for T3. . . .love how stoner smashes on through there sideways :)

Vulture
19-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Hoon, where did you get that article about Stoner and the apology etc?

bok1
23-10-2011, 06:38 PM
cancelled race with the crash for marco.does not look good after loosing his helmet like that.hope the guy is going to be ok.

phil

Vulture
23-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes, looks bad. Still no news.

Souljah
23-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Sickening crash. Not looking good at all.

ls1vt209
23-10-2011, 07:00 PM
That crash is one of the worst I have seen. Watching him slide along the bitumen with his helmet off face down is truly disturbing.

Here is hoping for good news

bok1
23-10-2011, 07:06 PM
marco simoncelli passed away.rip.

Vulture
23-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Simoncelli dead

csv rulz
23-10-2011, 07:07 PM
R.I.P - shocking news.
Thoughts are with his friends and family

Souljah
23-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Shit. RIP Marco.

motomk
23-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Very sad. RIP no.58 Marco Simoncelli

ratter
23-10-2011, 07:14 PM
RIP Marco Simoncelli no.58

ittwgn
23-10-2011, 07:16 PM
frk me watched it happen rest in peace big haired simoncelli will be missed big time!!!! very upset

GavinO
23-10-2011, 07:16 PM
So sad, its been a terrible week for the greater motorsport community.

AQICLS3
23-10-2011, 07:22 PM
RIP Marco Simoncelli

W427GOT1
23-10-2011, 07:28 PM
RIP Marco Simoncelli

VYSHSV8
23-10-2011, 07:31 PM
That crash is one of the worst I have seen. Watching him slide along the bitumen with his helmet off face down is truly disturbing.

Here is hoping for good news
Yeh reminds me of the old days when from Memory Mick or Wayne took a guys helmet of after the guy had crashed and ran in front :(.
It is sickening to see and RIP Marco you were destined to be a legend in the sport...
You brought back a bit of Biff into it :)

Delft Maloo
23-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Marco Simoncelli has been kliled in a collision in the malaysian motogp round only a few minutes ago, the race was stopped on the 2nd lap after marco high sided and was hit by Valentino Rossi and Colin Edward's. Marco's helmut came off in the incident, the race was immediately red flagged and race direction canceled the race due to the medical staff committing all efforts to help marco, only minutes ago the news was released that marco had succumbed to his injuries and has past away.
A truly massive loss the the motogp community and to the biking world.
Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
R.I.P Marco ill miss watching you.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/marco-simoncelli-dies-after-crash-in-sepang-20111023-1mef7.html
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/malaysia+sepang+motogp+simoncelli+succumbs+to+inju ries

v8dude78
23-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Very sad a tragic week for motorsport

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

blu ute
23-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Tragic week for sure. R.I.P Marco.

Smitty
23-10-2011, 07:59 PM
terrible news...very sad :(

RIP Simoncelli

Urko
23-10-2011, 08:03 PM
RIP Marco, I was a big fan of yours

My condolences

abrowne70
23-10-2011, 08:20 PM
RIP MARCO SIMONCELLIA AKA SUPER SIC
Will always be remember for the excitement he bought back into the sport. The hair do, the personality.

This is going to change MotoGP, there are going to be alot of thoughts about retiring now.

BLK-57L
23-10-2011, 08:48 PM
RIP Simoncelli...

steve_t
23-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I just saw the video and feel sick to my stomach. RIP Marco

clubbie
23-10-2011, 09:22 PM
RIP Marco.

I am dumb founded after seeing the video.

Marco was a breath of fresh air to the competition like Vale was when he first came in.

Please do not shoot me but Jorge was right, “This question, everybody is laughing, but it’s not funny because we are playing with our lives. We are riding at 300km/h and we are on bikes which are very powerful and very heavy. It’s not minibikes. It’s a dangerous sport and you have to think about what you are doing.” Jorge when he talking about his run in with Marco.

Devil CV8
23-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I channel surfed and came across it just before it happened. Was sickening to see and one shot they only showed once was him lying on the track, and he wasn't moving.

R.I.P

6_litre_man
24-10-2011, 12:38 AM
RIP Simoncelli, great rider taken way to soon

vzss05
24-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Just saw the news. What a sickenning crash, particually when you see Rossi's front wheel strike his helmet. I cant imagine how Colin Edwards and Rossi feel. RIP Marco

CunningStunter
24-10-2011, 06:49 AM
It doesn't happen very often in GP racing, but recently losing both Simoncelli and Kato a few yrs back is terrible. I couldn't believe my eyes last night :(

One of those times where had he just resigned to crashing instead of trying to keep it up with his elbow as they do it might've been a different story....In the end trying to save it was what cost him his life - very unfortunately!

R.I.P Marco. I loved your style, your hair and your accent. You will be sorely, sorely missed.

RRR888
24-10-2011, 07:44 AM
An absolute tradegy. Not only a talented rider, but a truly great character.

You will be missed.

RIP Marco.

VX2VESS
24-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Very sad RIP Marco.

He was very unlucky the bike didn't slide away from him, the wheels gripped and dragged him across the track with it.

[TWIGGA]
24-10-2011, 07:56 AM
RIP Marco, terrible loss!

lee ls1
24-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Am gutted about this, cudn't take it in when i saw this, he was IMO one of the next MotoGp Champions, feel for his family but, feel realy sorry for Edwards and Rossi, not a happy day

VY5.7LTR
24-10-2011, 07:57 AM
RIP Supersic,

You were my favorite rider, An up and comer, never afraid to have a red hot go. Our thoughts go out to your family, friends and competitors in the Paddock.

Imagine the race upstairs between Sheene, Marco, Kato, Abe, just to name a few......Plenty of Black lines and Party times with these fellas.

hoon69
24-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Two images that i cannot erase

The Impact
and when they crossed to his team shed after the incident and the poor girl in the background crying.

Yep such a sad day in motorsport and a sadder week.

hoon69
24-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: “The purpose of this press conference is to apprise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders’ representative, and I’m Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death.”

Michele Macchiagodena said: “I’m very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead.”

Paul Butler responded to a question about Marco Simoncelli’s helmet coming off in the crash by saying: “I think if I may reply, that will be for another occasion. Quite clearly the consequences and circumstances surrounding the accident will be thoroughly investigated.”

Answering a question about the condition of Colin Edwards, who was involved in the incident, Michele Macchiagodena said: “He had a dislocation of the shoulder and with anaesthesia the shoulder now is in the correct position. He is fine.”

Paul Butler concluded the press conference by adding: “Our sympathies go to his family and we want to show every respect possible to Marco.”

Simoncelli was one of the sport's rising stars, a charismatic 24-year-old who rode with his heart. He was as passionate on the track as he was off, and sometimes that got him in trouble. His was an aggressive style that didn't always suit the venue, but he was maturing as a rider. This season he earned his first two MotoGP podiums and his first two MotoGP pole positions. Only a week ago, he finished a career best second in MotoGP race at the Australian Grand Prix, taking the runner-up spot to Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda RC212V) with a brilliant last lap pass of Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda RC212V).

Photos from that day show Simoncelli standing out on the podium, which he also did in life. It wasn't just because he was one of the taller riders in MotoGP, and it wasn't just for the blossoming, bushy hair that paid homage to guitar legend Jimi Hendrix, but it was because of his outsized personality and his passion for winning.

The Honda Motor Company family would like to express its sincere condolences to the family of Marco Simoncelli, his team owner Fausto Gresini, his team, his legion of friends, and his thousands of fans throughout the world. He will be missed.

Shuhei Nakamoto, HRC Executive Vice President, says "I just don't know what to say; words escape me. Marco was a very nice guy and a very talented rider. Sometimes I was a little harsh with him, for example after his first MotoGP podium in Brno when I told him, 'Lucky podium!' and he was so angry, but I wanted to motivate him as I knew he was able to do even more. I was thinking that when he won his first race we would have been able to celebrate together. Now I just want to say thank you to Marco, for what you gave me, and pass my sincere condolences to his family at this very sad time."

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa says, "In a tragedy like this there is not much to say. I just want to give my condolences to his family and all the people who love him. I've been with his father and all we could do was to hug, nothing else matters. It was a fatal accident and everybody in the paddock remains in shock. Many times we ourselves forget how dangerous this sport can be and when you lose people on the way nothing has any meaning. It's clear that we all do what we like, what we love, but on days like today nothing matters."

Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso says, "In these circumstances, words don't seem to be appropriate. I think of Marco's family and all the people dear to him, in particular his father and mother. I also have a child and what happened today is the hardest situation you can imagine. I watched the images and I'm shocked. In a race you fight and push hard and disaster is often around the corner. Marco was a strong rider and he always pushed hard. We raced together since we were kids. I saw him always pushing to the maximum, he crashed many times, but without major injuries, he was seemed invincible. What happened today seems impossible."

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner says, "I'm so shocked and saddened by the loss of Marco. When things like this happen it reminds you how precious life is, it makes me feel sick inside. All I can say is how sorry I am for Marco's whole family I can't imagine what they are all going through and our thoughts and wishes are with them at this time. I hope they all stay close and pull through this tragedy together."

VX2VESS
24-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Here is a tribute without the crash in it.

CHRGPvl-VVE

hoon69
24-10-2011, 11:36 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7F473700000578-773_306x423.jpgHIS MUM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-0-0E7E7D7B00000578-385_634x382.jpgHIS DAD

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7EFDAF00000578-887_634x397.jpgHIS GF

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7EAB4C00000578-521_634x409.jpgHIS TEAM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7EADC400000578-39_634x310.jpgTHE MOMENT THAT CHANGED HIS LIFE FOREVER

WARNING ADVISED
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7EAD1400000578-284_634x306.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7EABF800000578-387_634x316.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7EA64200000578-192_634x318.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7ED3BD00000578-41_634x286.jpgEDWARDS STRAIGHT AFTER THE CRASH

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-2052455-0E7E7B2F00000578-220_634x424.jpgEMPTY SHED AFTER THE RACE

1987: Born in Cattolica, Italy on January 20.
1996: Runner-up in the Italian Minimoto Championship.
1999: Champion of the Italian Minimoto Championship.

2000: Claims a back-to-back title in the Italian Minimoto Championship and is runner-up in the European Minimoto Championship.
2001: Moves up to the the Italian 125cc Championship and wins the title in his rookie year.
2002: Wins the European 125cc title.
2003: Takes part in his first full season in the 125cc World Championship with the Matteoni Racing team.
2004: Joins the Rauch Bravo team and wins his first Grand Prix at a rain-soaked Jerez.
2005: Completes another 125cc campaign with the Nocable.it Race team and finishes fifth in the final standings.
2006: Moves up to the 250cc class riding for Gilera. Finishes the season in 10th overall with a sixth place finish at the Chinese Grand Prix his best result.
2008: June - Wins his first 250cc race (pictured above and below) at the Italian GP in Mugello in controversial circumstances when Hector Barbera crashed into him after Simoncelli appeared to try to block him off.

October - Wins the 250cc World Championship after a successful season with Gilera with a third place finish in the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang.
2009: Finishes third overall in the 250cc World Championship behind Japan's Hiroshi Aoyama and Spain's Barbera.
2010: Moves up to ride in his debut MotoGP season for Honda. Finishes 16 of the 18 races en route to eighth place in the championship.
2011: May - Collides with Dani Pedrosa while battling for second in the French GP.
The resulting crash saw Pedrosa break his collarbone and Simoncelli receive a ride-through penalty, eventually finishing fifth. Simoncelli accepted he needed to re-evaluate his driving style and at times be more cautious.
June - Claims his first MotoGP pole at the Catalan GP but a poor start resulted in a sixth placed finish.
October 23 - Killed in a crash during the Malaysian GP in Sepang.

RATTLER
24-10-2011, 12:02 PM
This was shocking!

Was watching the race and as soon as they showed the replay we knew he was dead!

RIP Sideshow!

berroca
24-10-2011, 01:52 PM
RIP Simoncelli

a terrible accident and a terrible loss. he was a great rider

jaykay
24-10-2011, 02:24 PM
And Simo was on before the race trying to explain about his bike..not that I could understand his english...:(

RIP Simo #58

hoon69
24-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Link removed by the nasty moderators.

[TWIGGA]
24-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I would love you to remove your post. People don't need to see this over and over again, it is in bad taste IMO.

IF people want to find it, they know how to use YouTube.

Keep the tributes coming though ;)

rankys_ss
24-10-2011, 05:58 PM
;1959617']I would love you to remove your post. People don't need to see this over and over again, it is in bad taste IMO.

IF people want to find it, they know how to use YouTube.

Keep the tributes coming though ;)

+1
Very bad taste posting that.

Rip simoncelli

hoon69
24-10-2011, 06:03 PM
+1
Very bad taste posting that.

Rip simoncelliseriously its no different then the dan wheldon thread...:whip:

"For me Sic was like a younger brother, as tough on the track as he was gentle in life," said Rossi. http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k571/baffy21/6e4897dd-1.jpg
http://www.filedump.net/dumped/rossibox1319439213.jpg
http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/marco-simoncelli-slide.jpg
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/279918/images/marco-simoncelli.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/10/16/podium_slideshow.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/10/17/58-marco-simoncelli_slideshow.jpg
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/08/16/58-marco-simoncelli,-motogp_slideshow.jpg
http://www.kapuk-kasurcplus.com/foto_berita/71Simoncelli.jpg
http://www.jugi3.ch/homepage/tomluethi/2008/marco_simoncelli_world_champion_08.jpg

vess330
24-10-2011, 08:09 PM
RIP Marco

Watching it, it was one of those moments when you know the sport has lost one of those people that make it so special...Without a doubt would have been a future champion.

VYSHSV8
24-10-2011, 09:50 PM
http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/marco-simoncelli-slide.jpg
]

Now that pic reminds me of current riders Stoner...
Previous riders Doohan and Gardner :):)

RIP young man you brought life back to the sport:)
Although as I said before not all good the way he did it, but it got everyone talking etc etc........

VYSHSV8
24-10-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.jugi3.ch/homepage/tomluethi/2008/marco_simoncelli_world_champion_08.jpg

This pic say's it all really :):)

A smile on his face and Flying like and Eagle :)

CALDIR
24-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi

R.I.P Marco

regards,

Richard
HRTSEN

Vulture
24-10-2011, 10:47 PM
;1959617']I would love you to remove your post. People don't need to see this over and over again, it is in bad taste IMO.

I disagree, this is life! Face it head on. It's no secret how he died. It's not gory. Let's not be over-sensitive to the reality that is motorcycle racing or the brutality of life and death. Chill out.

VYSHSV8
24-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I disagree, this is life! Face it head on. It's no secret how he died. It's not gory. Let's not be over-sensitive to the reality that is motorcycle racing or the brutality of life and death. Chill out.
True if you don't want to see what happened don't CLICKY DA LINKY

[TWIGGA]
25-10-2011, 08:37 AM
I was watching the race when it happened, so I saw it.. And I didn't click the link, the YouTube preview clearly shows the content of the video.

I merely share the same view as the commentators @ the time, doesn't need to be replayed over and over.

Devil CV8
25-10-2011, 08:40 AM
True if you don't want to see what happened don't CLICKY DA LINKY

Exactly. It is pretty obvious what it will show.

Some people need to harden up a bit.

hoon69
25-10-2011, 09:35 AM
;1959844']I was watching the race when it happened, so I saw it.. And I didn't click the link, the YouTube preview clearly shows the content of the video.

I merely share the same view as the commentators @ the time, doesn't need to be replayed over and over.Well many people didnt see the race live and as said dont like it then dont click it,its that simple,want to get offended then dont read this thread it is afterall motogp news and this is exactly that.

[TWIGGA]
25-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Well many people didnt see the race live and as said dont like it then dont click it,its that simple,want to get offended then dont read this thread it is afterall motogp news and this is exactly that.

A few of you are missing my point, but play on...

King'92
25-10-2011, 05:59 PM
RIP Marco, you we always be remembered

hoon69
26-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Gresini Team to attend Valencia GP
As preparations continue for the funeral of the late rider Marco Simoncelli continue (see additional information here), the San Carlo Honda Gresini team confirmed on Tuesday its intention to attend the Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana, where the MotoGP community is planning a tribute in memory of the late Italian rider who died in Malaysia.

Team sources have ensured that the majority of the team’s members will travel to the Valencian circuit and the customary team box will be assembled, in which the Honda RC212V holding the number 58 will be present in tribute to their rider Marco Simoncelli.

Team owner Fausto Gresini has not yet decided if Hiroshi Aoyama and Moto2 riders Michele Pirro and Yuki Takahashi will take part in the Grand Prix. The team may make an announcement on Wednesday morning or might wait until after the funeral services on Thursday for Marco Simoncelli are held.

In a press release issued Tuesday, the Italian team thanked the countless messages of sympathy received since Sunday with a message that read: "Thanks for the love shown to Marco. The star of "Super Sic" will shine forever in heaven! From Marco’s family and the team, thank you."

Simoncelli's funeral to be held on Thursday in Coriano

The body of Marco Simoncelli arrived at Fiumicino airport this Tuesday morning following the tragic accident that took the rising star's young life at the MotoGP race in Sepang last Sunday. Representatives of several sporting organizations—among them Gianni Petrucci, Secretary of the Italian National Olympic Committee and Paolo Sesti, President of the Italian Federation of Motorcycling—awaited the arrival of the casket, along with a crowd of fans who gathered in Rome airport facilities to greet the arrival with prolonged applause.

The late rider’s father, Paolo, and Marco Simoncelli's long time friend and compatriot, Valentino Rossi, traveled together on the same Alitalia flight from Kuala Lumpur with the fallen rider’s casket.

A public viewing of Simoncelli's body is planned for Wednesday in the city theatre of his hometown, Coriano, with the funeral scheduled for Thursday, October 27 at 3:00pm in the church of Santa Maria di Coriano. The Italian will be buried in the cemetery of this town, near Riccione, where he was born 24 years ago.

Devil CV8
26-10-2011, 03:19 PM
There's footage doing the rounds of the marshals dropping the stretcher which has understandably caused some harsh words. Marco's father is seen arriving on a scooter just as it happens and has said he doesn't blame the marshals for anything as his son was already gone. He helped them carry the Stretcher over the Armco and held his son's hand.

Sad to see and read.

hoon69
26-10-2011, 05:56 PM
There's footage doing the rounds of the marshals dropping the stretcher which has understandably caused some harsh words. Marco's father is seen arriving on a scooter just as it happens and has said he doesn't blame the marshals for anything as his son was already gone. He helped them carry the Stretcher over the Armco and held his son's hand.

Sad to see and read.yeah just got that youtube clip this morning and ppl are upset about the crowd etc and the way they acted,but im not sure the crowd knows how truly serious this was,you really only hear their reactions when they drop him but yes thought against posting that video,also read where his father said to his son as he held his hand ciao sic terribly sad to read i tells ya

deano23x
26-10-2011, 06:12 PM
very very sad, couldnt believe it when i saw it! RIP BROTHER

VX2VESS
26-10-2011, 06:52 PM
They could not continue the race as all the medical team were trying to save him. If another accident happened could be a problem. plus the riders won't ride if someone dies, which happened after the 45 minutes of trying to save him.

BBC coveragage reported said he was concious after about 10 minutes, and said it a few times. thought that was weird, probably never was.

Jonesy40
26-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Interview with Marcos Dad worth a read.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8365726

RIP Sic

ittwgn
06-11-2011, 07:35 PM
hi guys anyone else really looking forward to tonights race should be a good tribute to marco plenty of emotion under those helmets !!!! casey on pole!!!! i know it,s on late here on the east but took rdo tomorrow to stay up and celebrate the year good and bad cheers:beer:

[Mitch]
06-11-2011, 07:51 PM
So I'm not the only one to take days off work to watch MotoGP haha

ittwgn
06-11-2011, 08:10 PM
normally just go to work with about 4 1/2 hrs sleep with really bad beer breath !!!!! all good my boss big gp fan is having the day off also!!!:woot:

abrowne70
06-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Spewin, wish i could take the day off haha.

Stoner on pole by just over a full second. Legend.

The_Senator
06-11-2011, 11:54 PM
What a race.... and what a finish!!

Fitting memorial for Simoncelli too... Instead of a minutes silence, his father requested a minutes noise..

On to the 1000cc bikes for next year now..

[Mitch]
07-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Brilliant race, so close in the end but good to see Stoner win it. Congrats to Dovi on 3rd in the championship too

ittwgn
07-11-2011, 12:13 AM
yeh what a finish .0015 of a second i think !!!! was some great racing all round!!! a west 4th in moto2 great result also!!!! stoner is no 1 but lorenzo and pedrosa are great competetors for next year!!!!cheers

hoon69
07-11-2011, 07:32 AM
http://photos.motogp.com/2011/11/06/FTC_VAL_MotoGP_RAC_0.jpg
1STONER C.Repsol Honda TeamLap 30
2SPIES B.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.015
3DOVIZIOSO A.Repsol Honda Team+5.936
4CRUTCHLOW C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+8.718
5PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team+9.321
6NAKASUGA K.Yamaha Factory Racing+23.818
7HAYES J.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+33.118
8ABRAHAM K.Cardion AB Motoracing+37.952
9CAPIROSSI L.Pramac Racing Team+48.953
10ELIAS T.LCR Honda MotoGP+52.501
11BARBERA H.Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP+1:06.519
12AOYAMA H.San Carlo Honda Gresini+1:08.760

LwxstosxqOw

VYSHSV8
07-11-2011, 08:24 AM
What a ripper of a finish :)

Bring on next year

VX2VESS
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Good race.. Long wait until it starts up again now, going to miss not having races to watch for a while now.

heavyduty1340
07-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Bloody hell - what a race

Im glad I watched it now - I was in two minds

That finish was totally unexpected - I was stunned when Stoner dropped two second like that. But he blew us away with the finish
The burst of accelleration he had was pure magic!!

VX2VESS
07-11-2011, 08:59 AM
I guess he didn't want to throw it down in the last race. Then changes his mind and took the risk last lap. close may as well go for it.

Being first in a damp race would be a pain, not knowing grip levels from comer to corner.

hoon69
07-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Bloody hell - what a race

Im glad I watched it now - I was in two minds

That finish was totally unexpected - I was stunned when Stoner dropped two second like that. But he blew us away with the finish
The burst of accelleration he had was pure magic!!was more the fact spies went into the damp part of the track and stoner kept it tighter and got more grip thats what cost spies the race and won it for casey,oh and the fact spies looked to of been babying it a little on the last lap,should of put more into that last corner i reckon.

hoon69
08-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Cheste, Sunday, November 06, 2011
1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 149.2 48'18.645
2 20 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 149.2 +0.015
3 16 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 148.9 +5.936
4 13 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 148.8 +8.718
5 11 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 148.7 +9.321
6 10 89 Katsuyuki NAKASUGA JPN Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 148.0 +23.818
7 9 41 Josh HAYES USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 147.5 +33.118
8 8 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 147.3 +37.952
9 7 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 146.7 +48.953
10 6 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 146.6 +52.501
11 5 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 145.9 +1'06.519
12 4 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 145.8 +1'08.760
Not Classified
14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 0 Lap
19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 0 Lap
46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 0 Lap
69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 0 Lap

Pos.NameBikePts.
1Casey STONERHonda350
2Jorge LORENZOYamaha260
3Andrea DOVIZIOSOHonda228
4Dani PEDROSAHonda219
5Ben SPIESYamaha176
6Marco SIMONCELLIHonda139
7Valentino ROSSIDucati139
8Nicky HAYDENDucati132
9Colin EDWARDSYamaha109
10Hiroshi AOYAMAHonda98

simo and rossi finish the season on the same points.

hoon69
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Australian world champion Casey Stoner threatens to quit MotoGP if bikes become more production-based

Although the category is moving to bigger and more powerful 1000cc engines, the introduction of the new Claiming Rule Teams will see several new squads enter with more budget-friendly and production-based bikes.

Just days after taking victory in the final race of the season in Valencia, Stoner warned that if MotoGP moved towards making the entire field run with the lower specifications, he would consider leaving the sport.

Do you agree with Stoner that MotoGP will lose interest if the bikes become more production-spec?

"I think if we kill prototypes then we may as well be racing touring cars," Stoner said. "It's no different to this. It'll definitely take everything out of the racing for me.

"I won't find the same interest to the point where you can maybe get a street bike, put a different chassis on it, a bit of suspension and this and that, and have a competitive bike.

"(Prototype racing) is the way it's been for so many years. There have been a few things recently about costs, which have definitely increased, and the amount of personnel needed to run these bikes. They're definitely more complicated than the old 500cc.

"But if it does change, then it's definitely going to be disappointing for me and I don't know if I'd want to be a part of it."

Vulture
09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Was a great race that one! I had resigned to Stoner having settled for second but he kept it tight and put in a perfect last corner.

hoon69
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Session 1 as of 17:04 - 08/11/11
Pos Rider Team Fastest lap Prev. Gap Lead. Gap Laps
1 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 1:32.186 - - 40
2 Casey Stoner Repsol Honda Team 1:32.322 +0.136 +0.136 42
3 Ben Spies Yamaha Factory Racing 1:33.226 +0.904 +1.040 73
4 Randy De Puniet Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1:33.544 +0.318 +1.358 55
5 Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech3 1:33.652 +0.108 +1.466 75
6 Valentino Rossi Ducati Team 1:33.857 +0.205 +1.671 71
7 Andrea Dovizioso Monster Yamaha Tech3 1:33.859 +0.002 +1.673 49
8 Hector Barbera Pramac Racing Team 1:34.174 +0.315 +1.988 57