PDA

View Full Version : VR/VS Cruize control help

MrCLubby
09-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I got a VR acclaim last week and have found it very difficult to activate cruise control. The green light CRS comes on, but I cant seem to activate the ON screen on the dash which makes it work. Im not doing the wrong thing, Im 99% sure somethings wrong. Ive been told it may be the buttons worn off?

Im in melbourne so I was wondering if anyone new any places that the'd take a look at things like this, or if anyone has had a similar prob and they would like to share would be great too.

Comments appreciated.

EDIT: Yes I have downgraded from a VT r8 LS1 to a VR 3.8 litre :p, petrols looking better though ;)

fekason
10-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I have had a number of vehicles with cruise control, including a VS II Manual (and a Ford Fairmont Ghia Manual).

I have had very few problems, but I once had a problem with the brake/clutch disconnect micro-switch.

My first reaction with an Acclaim would be to check the brake pedal microswitch. In my case, all it took was a fiddle to make sure the switch was correctly alligned and the problem went away.

Next thing I would check would be connections all through the system.

Hope this helps.

Inter-ceptor
10-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone,
I got a VR acclaim last week and have found it very difficult to activate cruise control. The green light CRS comes on, but I cant seem to activate the ON screen on the dash which makes it work. Im not doing the wrong thing, Im 99% sure somethings wrong. Ive been told it may be the buttons worn off?

Im in melbourne so I was wondering if anyone new any places that the'd take a look at things like this, or if anyone has had a similar prob and they would like to share would be great too.

Comments appreciated.

EDIT: Yes I have downgraded from a VT r8 LS1 to a VR 3.8 litre :p, petrols looking better though ;)

In the VS I drive there is basically two buttons that activate and deactivate cruise control. I think the lower one gets the green CRS on the screen and the top button turns it on...

I think you should get it checked out.

Ryzz
10-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Ahh the good old VR/VS Cruise control. Make sure its not your cruise control buttons on the indicator stalks. I recently replaced my indicator stalk because the buttons just didnt work.

Otherwise check under your brake peddel, you have a little button that when pushed in by your brake peddel, deactivates the CC. If this is being pushed in when the peddel is not being used, it will stop you from activating the Cruise Control.

A new stalk from holden is about $120 if i remember correctly. Part number #92054763

V8 Maniac
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Ive got a VR ss with cruise control. The way i turn it on is push the stalk with CC foward and then there should be a button to push on the side or top of the stalk to activate it.