PDA

View Full Version : vx ss vs pulsar gti r...in the wet

throttlehappy
01-07-2007, 04:27 PM
had one of these little pocket rockets follow me and my brother yesterday, flashed me a couple of times so i slowed up and it came up beside me. judging by the huge front mount i assumed it had a bit of work done to it, anyway we were rolling between 10 to 20 k's and the bloke in the passenger seat says "so you wanna go?" i say yeah and it was on. i had major wheelspin through first and second (had to back off in second) and they were right beside me, by the time i grabbed third it was over. i had about 2 car lengths on them. flashed me again down the road so i pulled over and we had a chat to them. the thing had 140rwkw running 10 pound boost. i would like to see the difference in the dry thats for sure as it was a pretty quick little hatch. anyone else had a run in with one of these cars or know much about them?

SV346
01-07-2007, 04:40 PM
They are insane little things, but ive always managed to stay comfortably infront of the ones thatve had a go at me wet or dry :) They are 4wd though apparently, so they always make it off the line pretty well!

IH8FORDS
01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
These things must be super light to give you a run, Having 140rwkw @ 10psi.
What mods you got Throttlehappy?

throttlehappy
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
They are insane little things, but ive always managed to stay comfortably infront of the ones thatve had a go at me wet or dry :) They are 4wd though apparently, so they always make it off the line pretty well!

it had been pissing down all day and yeah he said it was 4wd, theyd weigh absolutley bugger all which would help ofcourse. kinda funny really cause i reckon they thought they had it in the bag :)

Ridin-High
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Waiting for the tool that makes the "YOU SHOULDNT POST THAT ON THE FORUM" comment

macca_779
01-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Waiting for the tool that makes the "YOU SHOULDNT POST THAT ON THE FORUM" comment

This is why we have the kills section for Validated members

BLACK 346
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Ok, I will be that tool, people posting that they are drag racing
on the streets in the Public Section of the forum are really
giving us car enthusiasts a fantastic name.
Happy now bloke :)

throttlehappy
01-07-2007, 06:37 PM

i was completly unaware of that section but anyway...

Ok, I will be that tool, people posting that they are drag racing
on the streets in the Public Section of the forum are really
giving us car enthusiasts a fantastic name.
Happy now bloke :)

you may be right but can our name get any worse mate?

planetdavo
01-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Why should they be much different to any other AWD car out there, like WRX, EVO etc....Nissan made a pretty handy engine in the SR20DET, as seen locally in the 200SX.
Boost em up, hammer the redline, then drop the clutch for almost no wheelspin.
No wonder all of the breed are usually pretty quick.

Footnote: Street racers are actually the tools that deserve whatever police heat they attract, whilst hopefully not cleaning up innocent pedestrians or other drivers....

throttlehappy
01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Why should they be much different to any other AWD car out there, like WRX, EVO etc....Nissan made a pretty handy engine in the SR20DET, as seen locally in the 200SX.
Boost em up, hammer the redline, then drop the clutch for almost no wheelspin.
No wonder all of the breed are usually pretty quick.

each cars different. i didnt realease they used that engine until i did a bit of reading earlier. apparantley the gtir's have 170 somthing kilowatt and around 280 nms and can run 0 - 100 in 6 seconds, 0 - 400 in 14. not bad for a buzz box

El Narros
01-07-2007, 10:35 PM
But would you be caught seen in one?

SV346
01-07-2007, 10:50 PM

I was waiting for someone to say that :p well done mate

throttlehappy
01-07-2007, 10:59 PM

i think you know the answer to that :)

Ghosn
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Major wheelspin in 1st and 2nd then backed off and he was still beside u? You would have hardly moved and he couldn't push in front? That little thing should have shot out of the hole compared to u.

VNV8
01-07-2007, 11:56 PM
racing in the wet. tsk, tsk, tsk... at least you beat it i guess.

throttlehappy
02-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Major wheelspin in 1st and 2nd then backed off and he was still beside u? You would have hardly moved and he couldn't push in front? That little thing should have shot out of the hole compared to u.

he was actually at my back door but yeah, i was moving/sliding dont worry. we were on a roll dont forget and i did get a bit of a jump on him

racing in the wet. tsk, tsk, tsk... at least you beat it i guess.

:rofl: i know, but i wanted to see what it could do

iamhappy46
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
had one of these little pocket rockets follow me and my brother yesterday, flashed me a couple of times so i slowed up and it came up beside me. judging by the huge front mount i assumed it had a bit of work done to it, anyway we were rolling between 10 to 20 k's and the bloke in the passenger seat says "so you wanna go?" i say yeah and it was on. i had major wheelspin through first and second (had to back off in second) and they were right beside me, by the time i grabbed third it was over. i had about 2 car lengths on them. flashed me again down the road so i pulled over and we had a chat to them. the thing had 140rwkw running 10 pound boost. i would like to see the difference in the dry thats for sure as it was a pretty quick little hatch. anyone else had a run in with one of these cars or know much about them?

They run 10psi stock to make 172Kw@flywheel, the front mount and an exhaust usually get them to 140kw@all four wheels easily(untuned)

I have a customers GTiR that I just finished tuning recently for 18psi with a top mount intercooler(its a rally/track car) and has just over 200Kw@wheels. Flatshifting and anti-lag setup as well :) The owner absolutely killed a 2007 WRX Sti on the track and in the dirt.

R Dirty 3
02-07-2007, 11:55 AM
10psi is not much better than stock. I think they start life around 8. With the intercooler it would probably increases to 10, but it sounds very close to stock. It can only run 13 or 14 standard before turbo and management system upgrades are needed.
IMHO the pulsar did not try hard enough or did not know how to drive 4wd turbo cars. Even stock, it should have blasted you away until 3rd or 4th gear...purely on grip alone.
just my 2cents

Holden Man
02-07-2007, 12:01 PM
The original WRX ! Mini Godzilla (exc TX3 / Mazda 323 4WD form eighties).

v8e30
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
10psi is not much better than stock. I think they start life around 8. With the intercooler it would probably increases to 10, but it sounds very close to stock. It can only run 13 or 14 standard before turbo and management system upgrades are needed.
IMHO the pulsar did not try hard enough or did not know how to drive 4wd turbo cars. Even stock, it should have blasted you away until 3rd or 4th gear...purely on grip alone.
just my 2cents

Correct ^

If it had some proper poke, you would've been annihilated in the wet :confused:

R Dirty 3
02-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh and i think the other thing to consider is what tyres did he have?? Bridgestones RE55's or Sonwa's if you know what i mean lol

v8e30
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh and i think the other thing to consider is what tyres did he have?? Bridgestones RE55's or Sonwa's if you know what i mean lol

(Brad, get back to work :1peek:)

R Dirty 3
02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
(Brad, get back to work :1peek:)

ha ha do i know you?
Im not at work until next week. Im in sunny Darwin until next week

HSV,_I_GOT_ONE
02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Check the kills section if you want to see how they go in the dry.

v8e30
02-07-2007, 12:53 PM
ha ha do i know you?
Im not at work until next week. Im in sunny Darwin until next week

Australian LS1 and Holden Forums (http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=78656) :smilesandbanana:

RB30X
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
just my 2cents

10psi is stock as mentioned before. They also have high mount intercoolers standard so if this guy has moved his to the front or had a larger one installed there then he has probably wound the boost up some more. They are absolute animals off the line and all the way to 100 but after that my mildly modified VLT reeled him in quickly (my VX would have even quicker). He won't have it tuned or its a bad job cause he would have walked all over you in the wet. That or he's wound it up too much and it was pinging it's arse off which is why you beat it.

HSVREDSLED
02-07-2007, 01:24 PM

Ahhhhh.....so thats what happens in the validated section.

Always wanted to know that...

Brandonsdad
02-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Ahhhhh.....so thats what happens in the validated section.

Always wanted to know that...

So would I. We must be missing out on something........
and by the way, how do we get validated?:eyes:

Knight Phlier
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Sure he didn't back off cause the commodore was shakin it's booty?

I have heard that the reliability of the GTiR's isn't that great, breaks alot of drivetrain components, particularly when the boost is upped and work is done to intercoolers, engine, turbo's etc. But considering their age, they're a great package. I think there from like 92 onwards so would these be the first of the pocket rockets before the WRX and Evo?

vh-holden
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
would the rolling start have affected the pulsar's start?

iamhappy46
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM

I have heard that the reliability of the GTiR's isn't that great, breaks alot of drivetrain components, particularly when the boost is upped and work is done to intercoolers, engine, turbo's etc. But considering their age, they're a great package. I think there from like 92 onwards so would these be the first of the pocket rockets before the WRX and Evo?

1990 onwards, they were the baby to the R32 GTR Skyline

They do have a few problems but the RB spec models were much more reliable

However, an N14 SSS(or N15 SSS) with a GTiR motor is a much faster car. I done a few of those conversions as well.
http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/7/20709230330.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3101101)
This is a 1998 Aveneir SR20DET motor in an N14 Pulsar with 12psi boost making 180Kw@wheels with more to come soon ;) Currently runs low 13's

GODSMACK
02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
These things must be super light to give you a run, Having 140rwkw @ 10psi.
What mods you got Throttlehappy?
Really, 140rwkw on a 4wd Car... So how many KW's did the front wheels have?

brentonvxss
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
some of them little buzz boxes have some serious power i think it helps that they are 4wd aswell but i wood never be seen dead in one lol

BOOGER
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
would the rolling start have affected the pulsar's start?

If he was in the wrong gear causing turbo lag then yes the the rolling start could affect the Pulsar.

FANG IT 350
02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
just my 2cents

your joking mate arent u:rofl:even stock it still should of blasted u away untill 3rd:lmao:if it did u must be driving a shitta.

throttlehappy
02-07-2007, 05:10 PM
your joking mate arent u:rofl:even stock it still should of blasted u away untill 3rd:lmao:if it did u must be driving a shitta.

mine musnt be a shitter then :lol:
everyone, he was trying. hell there the ones that wanted a go
like i said i was moving, obviously not as fast as usual being wet and all but anyway...and yes my back end shakin could of put him off. i probably also deafened them :)

he was in first also. hope this clears it up

Check the kills section if you want to see how they go in the dry.

checked, could find it

El Narros
02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
A young guy at work has one of these, we got into an argument one day because he was telling me how much better his 15 year old box o shite was than my Monaro and how quick it was, how much better than a Rex... blah blah blah. Honestly I dont care how fast a car is, if it looks like a teenage Japanese girls car than it aint cool!
By the way his car broke down last week and is still getting pushed around.

throttlehappy
02-07-2007, 06:21 PM
A young guy at work has one of these, we got into an argument one day because he was telling me how much better his 15 year old box o shite was than my Monaro and how quick it was, how much better than a Rex... blah blah blah. Honestly I dont care how fast a car is, if it looks like a teenage Japanese girls car than it aint cool!
By the way his car broke down last week and is still getting pushed around.

:lol: this one looked like it was in pretty good nick and judging by the sticker on the rear window he was a fan of autosalon

he should of payed attention to bowtie on mine

HSV,_I_GOT_ONE
02-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Australian LS1 and Holden Forums (http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=65903)

You mean this one?

vzss8
02-07-2007, 07:17 PM
AGREE TO THAT:jester:

throttlehappy
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=65903

You mean this one?

cheers, :)

AGREE TO THAT:jester:

the bowtie you mean?

i want to hose this thing in the dry now

iamhappy46
03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
some of them little buzz boxes have some serious power i think it helps that they are 4wd aswell but i wood never be seen dead in one lol

Have you seen the white one around COffs Harbour with the red rally mudflaps, roll cage and stickers all over it?

PS: I am a Coffs boy as well.

iamhappy46
12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
UPDATE:

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22220001528.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6277070)
RB Spec GTIR Race car

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22219495926.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6277043)
Roll cage, factory gauges in the dash & factory Nardi steering wheel

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22219495981.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6277042)
Factory ECU with a Bikirom daughterboard, allows full reprogramming in real time and allows 'flashing' of a new program when required using a USB cable. Also has flatshifting, anti-lag, traction control & boost control built in.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22219495986.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6277040)
Tomei Purple 600cc injectors(approx 60Lbs) with the ITB's clearly visible

-- -- --
This is a N14 SSS Pulsar, with a stock internal N/A SR20VE(not standard fitment) using a PAR 4.7Kg flywheel, HD clutch and a Bikirom ECU to tune the new engine and set its two individual camshaft shift points for variable valve timing & lift. The car currently makes over 140kw@wheels at 7200rpm and is running mid 13's.
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22219434196.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6277001)

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22219434581.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6277002)

Louie_D
14-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Headed down to the track not long ago and had a run with a mates vl turbo with 200rwkw, my A4 SS having 230rwkw he past me pretty easily shows how much the extra weight is really slowing us down and no its not because i cant drive lol

IH8FORDS
14-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Really, 140rwkw on a 4wd Car... So how many KW's did the front wheels have?

I'm just wondering where in the original post it says it's Awd:confused:
If you aint got some constructive input dont bother responding.

Yes guys i know its a bit late, but its the first time i've looked back here:soap:

HSV Listy
14-08-2007, 02:48 PM
At the drags earlier in the year the strip was a bit wet in Darwin. Took the avalanche and beat 4 other more powerful cars and I even went against a 290rwkw GTR AWD for two runs. Anything is possible with AWD and the correct traction control. Beat them off the line by a fair mount. It is a stocky HSV so the time is not worth putting up here.

iamhappy46
14-08-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm just wondering where in the original post it says it's Awd:confused:
If you aint got some constructive input dont bother responding.

Yes guys i know its a bit late, but its the first time i've looked back here:soap:

It actually says in the second post that is was AWD. That and just about everyone who can use google knows a GTiR is 4WD

IH8FORDS
14-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah like i said champ, where in the original post, not second third or fourth.
But thanks for pointing this out to me, my bad.

Luke

throttlehappy
28-01-2008, 09:15 PM
old thread but i had a rematch (in the dry) with the gtir making 200 at the wheels this time round.
was a bitter quicker this time :)
had half a car on me the whole time till i bounced it on the limiter in 3rd...doh

Toddler78
29-01-2008, 10:40 AM
mate and you still havent learnt to put it in the private section and not in the public forum for public scruiteny :nono:

Pookie
29-01-2008, 01:30 PM
The GTiR's are a good little car. they arent called JNR-ZILLA for nothing!

solid 4wd system, SR20 with quad throttle bodies standard they did make some good power as stockers. a friend of mine was building one up for a long time trying to crack 300hp @ all 4 wheels. went through a number of clutches and gearboxes but!

I had a 4wd Swift (Cultus) which my dad turbo'd....went pretty well 120kw @ 4 wheels and sub 1000kg fully kitted up. i never had a chance to get to the drags as i busted a box doing 4wd powerslides in the wet! i do know of another one that was running over 300hp @ 4 wheels and was dipping into the 10's at the drags....about 13 years ago!

TUFFIE
29-01-2008, 02:22 PM
mate and you still havent learnt to put it in the private section and not in the public forum for public scruiteny :nono:

Mate this bloke cannot be told and doesn't learn...He likes the attention..I think.
:confused:

throttlehappy
29-01-2008, 04:42 PM

yeah i have, i just didnt do that because i had already created this thread and the kill section is gone

Mate this bloke cannot be told and doesn't learn...He likes the attention..I think.
:confused:

didnt realise i needed your permission tuf :limpy:

ballbreaker
29-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Yeh i like a good 0 to 100 kph street race but in the wet, plain CRAZZZZY TOOL.

throttlehappy
29-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeh i like a good 0 to 100 kph street race but in the wet, plain CRAZZZZY TOOL.

i went well into third actually

R8_Maloo
30-01-2008, 10:29 AM

evo's were out in 92... but the mitsi vr4's were out in 88...

throttlehappy
30-01-2008, 04:11 PM
he would have to have a toughened gearbox to handle 200 at the wheels wouldnt he? i remember him saying at the pub after the first race that 2nd was playing up
i said we should have another go but he wasnt up for it

iamhappy46
30-01-2008, 06:12 PM
he would have to have a toughened gearbox to handle 200 at the wheels wouldnt he? i remember him saying at the pub after the first race that 2nd was playing up

Nope, plenty of examples pushing 200kw@wheels on stock boxes. The rally car I listed a few pages back has 193Kw@all four and is running a sensible amount of boost as it is a rally/track car.

The issue with the boxes is that the casing starts to warp under high load thanks to the gearset design wanting to spread the shafts. It all comes down to how the power/torque is applied. On/off boost is bad, if you can feed the boost on as rpm increases, the box is pretty strong.

There is another N14 GTiR being built at the moment which has made the skyline forum take notice though... if the original GTiR was the baby brother to the R32, this one could be the baby brother to the R35 GTR ;)

throttlehappy
30-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Nope, plenty of examples pushing 200kw@wheels on stock boxes. The rally car I listed a few pages back has 193Kw@all four and is running a sensible amount of boost as it is a rally/track car.

The issue with the boxes is that the casing starts to warp under high load thanks to the gearset design wanting to spread the shafts. It all comes down to how the power/torque is applied. On/off boost is bad, if you can feed the boost on as rpm increases, the box is pretty strong.

There is another N14 GTiR being built at the moment which has made the skyline forum take notice though... if the original GTiR was the baby brother to the R32, this one could be the baby brother to the R35 GTR ;)

interesting....
strangely enough the guys old man owns an r32 gtr
ill try and get a mod list next time i see him

throttlehappy
30-03-2008, 07:09 PM
his car pulled a 13.1 full street trim and tyres recently

also fryed his clutch :)

Calais V 6.0
30-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I know I am not in the majority on this forum, but I am happy to get flamed.

I don't know you from a bar of soap, but after reading this thread, I no longer need to know anything else about you (Nor do I want to). You are an idiot, a wanker and a try hard that wants to impress everyone around him.

Take it to the drag strip where you can't hurt anyone else on the road:flipoff:

There are women and children that use the same bits of road that you do.

I dont pretend to drive like an old lady, but I stop at the speed limit. From all your bragging moments, you have made it clear that you broke traction in the wet and that you went past the speed limit under full acceleration.

I love this forum and enjoy reading about peoples cars, the jokes and all other bits and pieces. BUT, I am surprised that people are not prepared to speak out against people like you.

MODERATORS, you should not be seen to condone this crap. Your silence as a mod is the same as condoning street racing. :confused:

throttlehappy
30-03-2008, 07:52 PM

I don't know you from a bar of soap, but after reading this thread, I no longer need to know anything else about you (Nor do I want to). You are an idiot, a wanker and a try hard that wants to impress everyone around him.

I dont pretend to drive like an old lady, but I stop at the speed limit. From all your bragging moments, you have made it clear that you broke traction in the wet and that you went past the speed limit under full acceleration.

I love this forum and enjoy reading about peoples cars, the jokes and all other bits and pieces. BUT, I am surprised that people are not prepared to speak out against people like you.

MODERATORS, you should not be seen to condone this crap. Your silence as a mod is the same as condoning street racing. :confused:

:rofl:
f*ck off hippocrite
ill be at the ls1nationals if you want to say somthing to me then

Phizzle
30-03-2008, 07:57 PM
OK, street racing aside, one of my mates in Perth has a GTiR with the plates KIDZILLA. Amongst it's arsenal it packs a TD06-20g turbo, FMIC, 3"TBE no cat into cannon muffler (can you say loud?) injectors, tomei cams, forged pistons and all the good bits required with a rebuild, HD clutch etc. My advice to you is if you do not want to lose the traffic light GP, do not run this particular car. It has never been to WAW but going by my old STi that run mid 12's I would say his would crack high 11's easy, but it's hard to be sure without proof. As far as driveline components go I really haven't heard of many breakages. The box is cast metal (think Supra 5 speed strong), pretty thick driveshafts and decent diffs. Any breakages you may of heard of would be due to age and neglect in my opinion.

The reason they never became popular in Oz is that they were never much good to rally with, hence there was never the exposure that the VR4 and then EVO's and STi's received. Too much weight up front due to the weight of an iron block and heavy gearbox. Reliability yes, control no

throttlehappy
30-03-2008, 08:02 PM
OK, street racing aside, one of my mates in Perth has a GTiR with the plates KIDZILLA. Amongst it's arsenal it packs a TD06-20g turbo, FMIC, 3"TBE no cat into cannon muffler (can you say loud?) injectors, tomei cams, forged pistons and all the good bits required with a rebuild, HD clutch etc. My advice to you is if you do not want to lose the traffic light GP, do not run this particular car. It has never been to WAW but going by my old STi that run mid 12's I would say his would crack high 11's easy, but it's hard to be sure without proof. As far as driveline components go I really haven't heard of many breakages. The box is cast metal (think Supra 5 speed strong), pretty thick driveshafts and decent diffs. Any breakages you may of heard of would be due to age and neglect in my opinion.

The reason they never became popular in Oz is that they were never much good to rally with, hence there was never the exposure that the VR4 and then EVO's and STi's received. Too much weight up front due to the weight of an iron block and heavy gearbox. Reliability yes, control no

what sort of power/torque does it make?

Calais V 6.0
30-03-2008, 08:42 PM
:rofl:
f*ck off hippocrite
ill be at the ls1nationals if you want to say somthing to me then

Grow one little man:eyes:

throttlehappy
30-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Grow one little man:eyes:

what the...

:lol:

save the hollier than now attitude

JustCruising
31-03-2008, 06:23 AM
what the...

:lol:

save the hollier than now attitude

HOLIER than THOU attitude

msnealo
31-03-2008, 07:15 AM
had one of these little pocket rockets follow me and my brother yesterday, flashed me a couple of times so i slowed up and it came up beside me. judging by the huge front mount i assumed it had a bit of work done to it, anyway we were rolling between 10 to 20 k's and the bloke in the passenger seat says "so you wanna go?"

You often go to the Pub with people you've never met after an illegal street race?

Hopefully your time will come! (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/31/2203085.htm)

And hopefully before this happens again! (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/11/2136496.htm)

Luke_
31-03-2008, 07:30 AM

Sorry but where is this section?

GMMAD
31-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Sorry but where is this section?
it was in the validated members section but it has gone now

chrism697
31-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I just find it funny when I hear about people driving around saying "wanna have a go?" hahahahahahah f**k that's funny

seriously if I ever said that kind of shit I'd have to kick my own ass......same applies if I actually said "yes" to the dude

hacks and posers race on the street, people who 9 times out of 10 cant drive to save their lives......they just push the loud pedal and think they are a racing driver
racers race on the racetrack!

winning a "street race" is kinda like winning a rollerblade race........you might have won, but at the end of the day.......its still really gay

iloveholden
31-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I just find it funny when I hear about people driving around saying "wanna have a go?" hahahahahahah f**k that's funny

seriously if I ever said that kind of shit I'd have to kick my own ass......same applies if I actually said "yes" to the dude

hacks and posers race on the street, people who 9 times out of 10 cant drive to save their lives......they just push the loud pedal and think they are a racing driver

winning a "street race" is kinda like winning a rollerblade race........you might have won, but at the end of the day.......its still really gay

that last comment is gold :D

throttlehappy
31-03-2008, 03:32 PM
HOLIER than THOU attitude

:lol: woops

You often go to the Pub with people you've never met after an illegal street race?

Hopefully your time will come! (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/31/2203085.htm)

And hopefully before this happens again! (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/11/2136496.htm)

saw him at the pub days or weeks later cant remember, not that it matters

its called deserted back roads
you can die at the track to you know

the guys old man actually said that, 50 to 60 years old i reckon

the old "i never speed or race on the street" chesnut

your pathetic

slolux
31-03-2008, 03:44 PM

So you have NEVER EVER taken off faster from a set of lights than someone sitting beside you because they are creeping forward and want to drag you off in their P.O.S???

I DONT condone street racing, but I think its a bit rich for you to pretend it doesn't feel good to shut down some smart arse in a sh1t heap when they have a go at you, and that you have never done this in your life. If you haven't had the satisfaction (BTW you do not have to break the speed limit to do it), you may as well buy a corolla.

There is no mention of speed limits being broken in his original post, so your shrieks of "street racer" may be a little strong. I have had a bit to do with TH and for you to call him a wanker on the strength of one post in one thread without talking to him for five miniutes, truly shows that YOU are the one with the issues, not him.

Chill out and get off your high horse.

This thread will be closed soon anyhow, all "street racing" topics are shut down pretty quick anyway.

chrism697
31-03-2008, 05:05 PM
the guys old man actually said that, 50 to 60 years old i reckon

the old "i never speed or race on the street" chesnut

your pathetic

hahah mate i never said i dont speed sometimes i drive a bit faster than i should....i never speed excessively though, and no i dont street race!!!

if you just took off from the lights with a bit of "spirit" im just laughing about how you carry on like it makes you some kind of racer

now how many people that ACTUALLY race cars do you think drive around on the streets winding down their windows saying retarded shit like "wanna have a go"? hahahhahahah
and best of all then jump on an internet forum and tell everyone hahhahahah

i come from a racing background and i promise you real racers know that crap like that is just for tools that watched the fast and the furious a few too many times!!!

and for what its worth im your age dude! but that doesnt matter because i hate to tell you some of the best drivers in the world are 50-60.......yet i cant imagine Jim Richards pulling up next to me and saying "wanna have a go?"

hahaha

Calais V 6.0
31-03-2008, 05:36 PM
So you have NEVER EVER taken off faster from a set of lights than someone sitting beside you because they are creeping forward and want to drag you off in their P.O.S???

I dont have to prove my car is faster than someone elses. If I want to do that I go to a track day.

I DONT condone street racing,

You just did in the above quote....

There is no mention of speed limits being broken in his original post, so your shrieks of "street racer" may be a little strong.

OK, so he has not come out and said he was speeding, this is true. But the quote below should tell you two things.

1. Redline in an SS in 3rd gear is faster than any Australian speed limit,
2. He cant drive.

had half a car on me the whole time till i bounced it on the limiter in 3rd...doh

iamhappy46
31-03-2008, 05:49 PM

They actually have an all alloy block and head. The casing is cast alloy and is very common for warping if they have a on/off power delivery, they can even start whining like a dog box as the shafts seperate and start chewing the shaft bearings furthest from the clutch apart. The driveshafts are the same thickness as a standard N14 Pulsar non-turbo 2L.

The weight difference is mainly in the rally cars where they have no interior which reduces weight from the rear end. They can be made to handle quite well, with our workshop rally car demolishing the times set by a competitors late model STi(model before the latest shape) with more 'current' handling modifications such as castor kits, 2 way LSD's and a hydraulic handbrake for getting the ass swinging like J-Lo in the tight corners :rofl:

However:
If you want a crazy GTiR, there is a VQ35DE motor that has been rebuilt for FI with a 6 speed Maxima box, 350Z twin plate clutch and Murano Transfer case, which allows for 44mm thick driveshafts in the front being fitted to a GTiR. Custom PWR intercooler+radiator arriving shortly and a heap of suspension and brake work. The VQ35 motor weighs less than an SR20DET to improve the weight distribution in this 'street car'

The Skyline forum is currently taking bets on how long before the car tears itself to pieces though.

slolux
31-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I dont have to prove my car is faster than someone elses. If I want to do that I go to a track day.

You just did in the above quote....

OK, so he has not come out and said he was speeding, this is true. But the quote below should tell you two things.

1. Redline in an SS in 3rd gear is faster than any Australian speed limit,
2. He cant drive.

I don't think you answered my accusation, it was not about whether or not you "street race", it was more about being tempted to "have a go" at someone trying to race you from the lights up to the speed limit. If you can tell me you have never done that, I really don't understand why you would buy a fast street registered car.

So by your logic, if a dickhead comes up beside you at the lights (or anywhere for that matter) and challenges you, all you will do IN ANY circumstance would be to wind down your window and say "so sorry mate, won't do it here, come to the track at xxxtime and xxxplace and we will race and see who is better". Sounds all politically correct but I doubt this is what happens in the real world, no matter how god like you think you are.

I think this has gone way too far off topic, its not about what I or you think about the original poster and their actions. I believe the topic began because he wanted to know the output and specs of this particular car (why, I don't know).

Once again, you have summed someone up (me this time) saying I condone street racing by one post, in one topic. I have a wife and daughter, and I HATE street racers. Street racers don't follow the road rules, drive dangerously etc. I don't accept that you know me or TH enough the accuse us of that.

Like I said before, chill out.

michaels1v8
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
If you want a crazy GTiR, there is a VQ35DE motor that has been rebuilt for FI with a 6 speed Maxima box, 350Z twin plate clutch and Murano Transfer case, which allows for 44mm thick driveshafts in the front being fitted to a GTiR. Custom PWR intercooler+radiator arriving shortly and a heap of suspension and brake work. The VQ35 motor weighs less than an SR20DET to improve the weight distribution in this 'street car'

Haha I can just imagine the guy tryin to explain what he has done to his car to others who know nothing about them:confused: Sounds pretty deadly. What kind of power is he hoping for? Im guessing built for circuit racing?

Let this thread die already

iamhappy46
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Haha I can just imagine the guy tryin to explain what he has done to his car to others who know nothing about them:confused: Sounds pretty deadly. What kind of power is he hoping for? Im guessing built for circuit racing?

The VQ35 is the 350Z motor but they also come in FWD format in the latest Maxima's. This car has been built for drag racing, rally sprints and the occasional hill climb event. Should easily extract around 600Hp with 12psi, which should see it into the low to mid 10's with a bit of development.

One American is getting 1000+Hp@wheels from one in a FWD Maxima.

Stock motor looks like this:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/iamhappy46/SSS35L/Picture132.jpg

Luke_
01-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Gosh what an ugly intake manifold!

Smitty
01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
. anyone else had a run in with one of these cars or know much about them?

there is one of these that runs around Sandown
in about 2:20 :eyes:

Ned_Flanders666
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM

Hey! Leave rollerblading out of this. :bawl:

And I'm the one around here that is holier than thou.

throttlehappy
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
hahah mate i never said i dont speed sometimes i drive a bit faster than i should....i never speed excessively though, and no i dont street race!!!

if you just took off from the lights with a bit of "spirit" im just laughing about how you carry on like it makes you some kind of racer

now how many people that ACTUALLY race cars do you think drive around on the streets winding down their windows saying retarded shit like "wanna have a go"? hahahhahahah
and best of all then jump on an internet forum and tell everyone hahhahahah

i come from a racing background and i promise you real racers know that crap like that is just for tools that watched the fast and the furious a few too many times!!!

and for what its worth im your age dude! but that doesnt matter because i hate to tell you some of the best drivers in the world are 50-60.......yet i cant imagine Jim Richards pulling up next to me and saying "wanna have a go?"

hahaha

im not trying to be anything
i just told a story, you think its wrong...blah, blah, blah
get over it

i am heading to the track soon though so you can have a belt over that if you want

who wouldve of thought...older guys being good drivers
your a wealth of information arnt you

2. He cant drive.

lol wasnt a moment of glory thats for sure

They actually have an all alloy block and head. The casing is cast alloy and is very common for warping if they have a on/off power delivery, they can even start whining like a dog box as the shafts seperate and start chewing the shaft bearings furthest from the clutch apart. The driveshafts are the same thickness as a standard N14 Pulsar non-turbo 2L.

The weight difference is mainly in the rally cars where they have no interior which reduces weight from the rear end. They can be made to handle quite well, with our workshop rally car demolishing the times set by a competitors late model STi(model before the latest shape) with more 'current' handling modifications such as castor kits, 2 way LSD's and a hydraulic handbrake for getting the ass swinging like J-Lo in the tight corners :rofl:

However:

The Skyline forum is currently taking bets on how long before the car tears itself to pieces though.

that sounds crazy

and for the record i live in the country, plenty of long straight roads in the middle of no where round here

iamhappy46
01-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Gosh what an ugly intake manifold!

Yeah, it is ugly but it flows well. Much better flow than the restrictive flat pizza shaped garbage fitted to the 350Z to clear the strut brace.

We normally cut the two pipes off just behind the pictured throttlebody, weld on two SR20 throttlebody flanges and have twice the airflow potential.