PDA

View Full Version : HRT Launch

nqcv8
30-01-2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=66673

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/site/_content/image/00116335-image.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/motu34/Untitled-1.jpg

better pic here (http://www.hrt.com.au/wphrt.asp?wp=racing/2008/multimedia/content/Wallpapers/2008/skaife01_1024.jpg)

Animal
30-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Worst paint job EVER !!!

ACUZED
30-01-2008, 11:54 AM
definatly sumthin different i reckon that looks shit hott

NickS
30-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Worst paint job EVER !!!

Have to agree ... how did they get it so right last year and so WRONG this year !!!

:(

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/site/_content/wallpaper/00005087-wallpaper800.jpg

Now that looked good ... :yup:

nqcv8
30-01-2008, 11:56 AM
IMO It would look much better without the TOLL Logo there...

6LtrLimo
30-01-2008, 12:08 PM
the team uniform and merchandise aint much better.

at least the fake and replica HRT gear out of bali wont stand out so much now....

GTS LSA
30-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I actually like it...... just my opinion

And without sponsorship..... there isnt a sport

jaykay
30-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Who cares what colours, as long as they blitz the Fords... :bounce:

Cruzadr
30-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I always found it bizarre but I wonder what the story is with the Atari sponsorship? Its not like you can go out and buy Atari branded products unless its a game and its not like you think to yourself, 'ooh Atari! they sponsor HRT, im gonna go buy Crazy Taxi 3' Just a thought.
The new paint looks crap imo, not sure if its the lighting or the pic but the red/orange looks washed out and I'm sure they could have put more effort into the Toll logo, the mass of white looks piss weak too. Even the normal Toll logo would look ok, in black or something. But I guess it ties in with their whole Toll HSV Dealer Team logo thingy.

VYR8HSV
30-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Any 1 else thinks that the wheels look a bit small????

And yes a bit to much white there. Will just blend in with the other cars i think.
Quite a few use a mainly white background as well.

Pete

dadem0n
30-01-2008, 12:45 PM
It looks fresh :cool:

Much more appealing than the same recycled paint they have used from the late VT/VX days. They usually just change the shade of red and add/remove black highlights :lol:

Lets hope that Vodafone don't change their colours to predominately white also :rolleyes:

The_Senator
30-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow - that is crap... Looks like the Jack Daniels Team will be getting my merchandise money this year.. Seeing as Todd is over there lending a hand..

Is it just me of does the bonnet look WAY outta proportion to the rest of the car with all that white??

I support HRT - but wow, that is very, erm, average at best on the paint job.. Must of been the Work Experience lad's doing...

Anyway, Here is to a good year with Holden leading the way.. Back to Back for Tander??

brett05
30-01-2008, 12:53 PM
It looks great. It's much more simplified and less busy - just like some of the old group C liveries from the late 70's/early 80's.

EXCESSV
30-01-2008, 01:04 PM
i will have to agree with dadem0n coz i like it too and very fresh
something different and new....not like the last 10years of livery from the VT days

did anyone else notice no numbers on the doors but on the rear window? :confused:

nqcv8
30-01-2008, 01:25 PM
i will have to agree with dadem0n coz i like it too and very fresh
something different and new....not like the last 10years of livery from the VT days

did anyone else notice no numbers on the doors but on the rear window? :confused:

Numbers on the Windows is a new regulation for this year.

Contra
30-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Whats with the silver highlights on the lions face??? theres no symmetry with the bonnet and the rest of the car. HRT have ditched the helmet logo off the car too... corporate rebranding?? (although it is still on the corporate logo)

As someone mentioned about too much white look at a stock white vt the lines all look wrong, paint it another color and it looks ok. Too much white IMO,, the rear is ok(similar to last year), now there are three teams similar Triple8 TeamBOC and now HRT, too bloody hard to decipher who's who, i think its a failure on HRT's part. I had trouble last year with triple8 now HRT has adopted the silver from there cars too...........its all too hard! Whats with all the color matching?? HRT cars used to stick out like a sore thumb, now they look pretty tame. (although i loved last years HRT colors, 888 stuffed that up with vodafone branding)

brentonsav
30-01-2008, 03:36 PM
i reckon they look ace!
can't wait for the grand prix weekend. interesting to see its tander as no. 1 driver and not skaifey. never thought skaifey would admit it.
hope they both have great 2008's

NickS
30-01-2008, 03:39 PM
i reckon they look ace!
can't wait for the grand prix weekend. interesting to see its tander as no. 1 driver and not skaifey. never thought skaifey would admit it.
hope they both have great 2008's

Tander won the championship ... that's why he has Number 1. Don't think it has anything to do with position within the team.

Belzey
30-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I like it :D

EXCESSV
30-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Numbers on the Windows is a new regulation for this year.thanks for that

BLACKVE
30-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Sorry but last years looked heaps better

Valvoline and jack daniels cars last year looked the toughest and so far hrt and boc could do better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking forward to seeing the rest roll out

Carby650
30-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I like it :D

I'm with you Belz.
I think it looks hot. Yes its different but its less "busy" then recent years.
And Go Tander !!

cheers
Carby650
p.s. besides who would want to argue with those heals Belz. :bravo:

blackbettyhsv
30-01-2008, 07:27 PM
interesting to see its tander as no. 1 driver and not skaifey. never thought skaifey would admit it.

isnt that why craig left, he was a better driver than skaife & he wouldnt admit it

Goggles
30-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I like it - almost reminds me of the "Last of the Big Bangers" - the 1984 VK Commodore with its Marlboro dayglo red paintscheme.

RARASV8
30-01-2008, 08:28 PM
sorry but i agree

look's the goods to me, somehow i think the white will make them stand out more.
but if it's got the holden badge on it i JUST LOVE IT:bravo:

and i agree with Goggles

Garry

strife
30-01-2008, 08:32 PM
dont rate it reckon it makes them blend to much

cspiteri
30-01-2008, 09:41 PM
The is amazing in the flesh....it's a pearl. Developed by Charlene Spiteri of Holden Design Colour & Trim. Her and Peter Hughes now work on liveries. It's reflects the group c car in the mid 80's. Great Job!! It's Classey and fresh in every way.

strife
30-01-2008, 09:50 PM
needs to work on TV though and the pictures dont seem to stand out yet

Animal
30-01-2008, 09:55 PM
needs to work on TV though and the pictures dont seem to stand out yet

Exactly what I was thinking. Last year they stood out.

Looks like Todd and the JD team will be getting my $$ for clothes this year.

Funny how the die hards will say it looks cool even in baby shit brown

JLR
30-01-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL. Poor ar#e photochop in the very top pict of tanders car. You can see like a roller door in the passenger side window! Also, there is a lovely blue air freshener hanging off the roll cage!

Usually the colours (dayglo) red are quite fluro and vibrant for tv representation purposes. I reckon, its just the photos not doing the cars justice. I will wait to see what the HSVDT car looks like before chosing a new desktop pict.

SKAIFEY
30-01-2008, 10:09 PM
With talk about the 2008 livery for HRT being very different than 2007 theres always gonna be lots of people who dont like change. From the VT days up until last year red covered around 90% of the car. Theres only so many ways you can modify it year to year.

Now with a new driver, new livery and a new season I cant wait. I think when all the cars line up at clipsal the HRT cars will still look awesome.

cspiteri
30-01-2008, 10:53 PM
The line up will look great. HDT Toll and supercheap will look different. New fresh colours...

gsr freak
30-01-2008, 10:59 PM
i don`t mind the look that much
new season new driver so why not have a new paint scheme

cspiteri
30-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Colour is very subjective. You will never please everyone. People will either love it or hate it. I think it will just need time for people who are use to seeing lots of dayglo red, black and white to 3/4 white (Pearl) referred to as 'Wicked White', dayglo red and an acent of silver. It will take some getting use too.

MonoJoker
31-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I must admit when Dan told me the new livery was predominantly white I thought "Oh no this will look awful". But I think it looks great in the pics - gonna be even better in the flesh IMO. Roll on the new season and more Holden victories :)

Contra
31-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I suppose it could be painted green....but as long as they win, I guess it doesnt really matter!

seldo
31-01-2008, 10:45 AM
The is amazing in the flesh....it's a pearl. Developed by Charlene Spiteri of Holden Design Colour & Trim. Her and Peter Hughes now work on liveries. It's reflects the group c car in the mid 80's. Great Job!! It's Classey and fresh in every way.
I like it - much cleaner and fresher than last year's which I thought was too busy and was too similar....sorry, 888 Vodaphone's was too similar to Holden's colours. Also, one of the requirements for the colour-scheme is that it gives the sponsors best legibility - after all, they are paying the bills and if the car's graphics and colour-scheme are not legible and don't look good on TV, they're not getting value for their money.
Once we see it in the metal and on TV I'm sure it will look sensational - especially with Tander on the podium....
Good work Charlene - keep it coming. :thumbsup:

RATTLER
31-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I've always given my support to HRT, but coming on as a Toll Manager last year, I did the right thing and supported the company I work for! Now in 2008, I have the best of both worlds!! Love the paint!! It's like a breath of freah air! :bow:

mgygto
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Not at all fussed on the scheme but will hold back until I see it at the Clipsal. I do know though that last year the Jack Daniels gear was the one that was growing faster than anyone elses and that comes back to the great colour scheme on the cars , the branded gear ........ and if you didn't notice you could buy the gear in the tent/truck without the HOLDEN logo's etc which meant Ford fans were also buying it ... very smart! Also they sold that much gear that the cost of the sponsorship from Jack Daniels to the Perkins group was repaid from the sales!!!

Carby650
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
HSVDT released their cars today. See the below link.
Another car which has gone for greys. However looks good.

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=photogallerydisplay&galleryid=11173

cspiteri
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Carby650;1137132]HSVDT released their cars today. See the below link.

The grey is actually a bright silver. The shot doesn't do it justice.

korrupt
01-02-2008, 10:50 PM
HSVDT released their cars today. See the below link.

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=photogallerydisplay&galleryid=11173
Toll is sponsoring both teams?

hoon69
02-02-2008, 03:37 PM
would have to say i cannot wait to see that livery out there up front

i love it,its not the same old same old and breaks it up from the usual.

well done HRT/TOLL