Thread: I want a VZ SS

SV99 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-01-2013 @ 06:02 PM

I want a VZ SS

Guys,
    I have been a member on LS1 since 2002 !!. I have always wanted a v8 and 6months ago i purchased a 2003 Fairmont Ghia v8 that was a good buy at the time with 29,000kms.

I have always wanted a V8 SS commodore. I have found a decent one for sale. If all things work out in the next few weeks I should own it.

RED, 18in wheels, all the std fruit,etc,etc.

The other thing that annoys me with the falcon is if anything happens it needs expensive repairs at a dealer esp. with the Triton OHC engine and VCT.

I am looking forward to joining the LS1 club and holden fray.

I dont think I will really miss the ghia even thoug its given me some good memories.

How do you guys find the last of the VZ SS's / SV8s.

Cheers

James
    Last edited by SV99; 25-02-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Goggles is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 05:37 AM

Re: I want a VZ SS

Quote Originally Posted by SV99 View Post
    How do you guys find the last of the VZ SS's / SV8s.
    no issues with mine in (nearly) 11 months.....tyre wear is even better than my VYII SS. could not get more than 16K out of the rear tyres....now up to 23.5K on my VZ and still plenty of tread on the rear tyres.

it did very well in a quick drive through the snowys yesterday.....the Snowy Mountains Highway is a great road to drive in the dry.
    "If you're gonna do it wrong, you might as well do it right" - Darrell Waltrip

ratty05 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 24-08-2012 @ 01:02 PM

What are you paying for the VZ SS?
    I'm selling a VXII R8 if anyone's interested?

lowriding is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 18-01-2017 @ 08:09 PM

what do you mean by expensive repairs ?What have you needed to do ? I dont really rate the Ford 3valve V8 ,seems a little pointless .With the VZ ,Holden used two different V8s.06 models used a 6 litre V8 ,all prior VZ (04/05)used the 5.7 .

CV860L is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 16-08-2022 @ 10:30 AM

Make sure you check out the VZ HSV's under "demo and near new cars" on carsales.com.au, there are some great deals going at the moment (up to $20,000+ off retail).

SV99 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-01-2013 @ 06:02 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. !! Their is nothing wrong what so ever with the ghia. Just very under powered considering the company. I want something with a bit of stick. The insurance has come down a lot too.

At this stage the only mods will be headers, dual exhaust, monaro cai and tune.

Thread Information