Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4

GTSLOVER is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-09-2015 @ 09:00 PM

Re: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by team illucid View Post
    I thought you no longer have to convert to RHD for safety reasons?.

So many American cars and mobile homes I have seen in the last few years are still LHD and no longer appear to even display the caution LHD sign they used to.
    Some states dont require you too but all the East coast ones do. If it is over about 25 years old there is no legal requirement to do it but anything newer needs to.

Plenty is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-04-2017 @ 06:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOVER View Post
    For the same price as the New GTS you can import a ZL1 camaro and convert it to RHD. I am not talking about buying one from a conversion shop that they have imported and placed their markup on. You can import your own through them under the RAWs legislation and simply pay them to convert to RHD and have compliance and certification done ready for rego.

I know which one would turn more heads and which would hold its resale better in the short and long term. Not having a go at anyone, just the VF does nothing for me, both the Holden and the HSV look too soft. The Camaro on the other hand still has the muscle car mean look in my opinion.

My biggest dilemma is figuring out which way to go, I need a Chevrolet Silverado or Dodge Ram but want a Camaro or Challenger as well but can only pick one. Decisions decisions. Pretty good decision to have to make though. Lol. Just my 2 cents anyway.
    Yeah and put 5 adults in it and see how you go! Compare apples with apples.

GTSLOVER is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-09-2015 @ 09:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Have you driven a Camaro? Just asking, because IMHO, the driving position is absolute rubbish, nowhere near as driver friendly as the GTS. Very high dash & low roof, like looking through a "tank Driver's" slit, is how I've heard it described, and I agree. And geez, our VZ GTO was a bit awkward to access the rear seats, but nothing compared to the Camaro, where ya've gotta be virtually a Contortionist to get in & out.
    Nothing wrong with the drivetrain of course, however I believe the GTS would be a better car to drive, & would certainly be quicker & more driveable around any twisty bits.
    Cheers, Pickles.
    Sounds no different than the 67 Camaro I have. If I bought one of these I would not be using it as a daily. It would purely be a toy as opposed to the truck. Purely from an aesthetic point of view I would take the camaro but that is horses for courses. Some people love the coupes, others prefer sedans. Coupes have always been a pain in the ass to get in and out of, in fact if you buy a coupe you might as well be buying a two seater.

If you have driven the old first gen camaros I think you would be fine in the new one. Just takes getting used to. I am not rubbishing anyone who wants or has a new
    GTS, i would just go the Camaro route based on perceived resale and exclusivity factor.

jaykay is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-04-2021 @ 12:41 PM

Let's get back on topic...if you want a GTS v Camaro thread start one up....

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

jaficom is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 22-04-2016 @ 01:14 AM

Excellent video, that was what I was hoping for in that HSV GTS Doco last month. Very interesting inside look.

68LS1 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-10-2022 @ 06:54 PM

Picked mine up today, couldn't have hoped for more. Another one who is ok with choice not to go with Euro options.

offshore is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-07-2019 @ 01:46 AM

Ive driven most of the decent Euros over in Europe and the UK. In the UK i had the use of an S500 quiet a bit and to be honest there nothing special its a great car but in Australia honestly the price these cars come in at your being ripped off big time and if you like getting shafted by all means spend 280k on the road for an E63 and be done with it but after 2 weeks the novelty sure wears off I can assure you unless your genuinely rich and 280k is play money.

50SHADES is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 24-05-2023 @ 03:49 PM

Actives GTS just ran 10.95@201kph

Alex(AUS) is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 06-09-2022 @ 06:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 50SHADES View Post
    More mods?

Thanks,

Alex

50SHADES is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 24-05-2023 @ 03:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Alex(AUS) View Post
    More mods?

Thanks,

Alex
    Same mods, just run on a cool night instead. Sunday was mid 20s during the day

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Same mods, just run on a cool night instead. Sunday was mid 20s during the day
    Anyone got any video of this car

600rwhp and same mods....just from bolt ons and tuning Ed and the team

Here is a video from WAW....

Stevieboy34 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-01-2019 @ 08:54 PM

Can you blokes who have bought these beasts start putting up some more images? CarPoint all has the same pics and its nice seeing some real world pics!!

Thread Information