Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4

johnfhall is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 06:39 AM

Re: Supercharged HSV?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    Wish it was but I think that one was in Sydney?
    That looks like the Tullamarine freeway in Melbourne. Could be wrong, though...

Great looking cars anyway. Follow that truck!

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:19 AM

Re: Supercharged HSV?

G'Day "Eagerly Waiting", "Soon To Be" GTS ...DRIVERS.
    I wish you guys all the best for many miles of happy motoring, and they should be pretty happy miles, with 430KW.
    I know what it's like to wait, anyway, not long now for some of you, I'm sure your new GTS will be all, & more, than you expected.
    Good Luck, Pickles.

jaykay is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-04-2021 @ 12:41 PM

Re: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4

I got an invite to Zupps Mt Gravatt GEN F GTS launch tomorrow night. Who is going ?

mjrandom is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-10-2021 @ 11:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jkgmh View Post
    I got an invite to Zupps Mt Gravatt GEN F GTS launch tomorrow night. Who is going ?
    No need! I will be cruising in mine! Or should I drive over and crash the party?

Martin thanks to you and George I waited on the off chance the GenF was going to be special. Otherwise I would be sitting in an E3 Senator with big brakes and wondering what might have been and kicking myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrandom View Post
    No need! I will be cruising in mine! Or should I drive over and crash the party?

Martin thanks to you and George I waited on the off chance the GenF was going to be special. Otherwise I would be sitting in an E3 Senator with big brakes and wondering what might have been and kicking myself.
    Well be a good fellow and take me for a spin

Quote Originally Posted by jkgmh View Post
    Well be a good fellow and take me for a spin
    Skid pan time!

68LS1 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-10-2022 @ 06:54 PM

Was very lucky and got a chance today to check out my car at HSV, should pick it up next week from dealer. No pics allowed.

8 GTS to 1 of anything else, and the place looks pretty full right now. There was a part supply issue (wouldn't tell me what) that has put them back a couple of days.

Lots of red ones there right now, was told was mainly white last week, couple of Fantale and a few black ones. Look very tough in the black.

Saw a finished red one with big spoiler

My old Camaro was popular with the people there, asked if my GTS was red also

johnfhall is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 06:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 68LS1 View Post
    Was very lucky and got a chance today to check out my car at HSV, should pick it up next week from dealer. No pics allowed.

8 GTS to 1 of anything else, and the place looks pretty full right now. There was a part supply issue (wouldn't tell me what) that has put them back a couple of days.

Lots of red ones there right now, was told was mainly white last week, couple of Fantale and a few black ones. Look very tough in the black.

Saw a finished red one with big spoiler

My old Camaro was popular with the people there, asked if my GTS was red also
    EXXXTTREEEMELLY Jealous at the moment... No exact date for my white one yet.

Vulture is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 06-02-2024 @ 07:05 PM

Getting close now. Have word that mine is very close to being in Brisbane.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

GTS LSA is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-08-2014 @ 10:19 PM

How many more sleeps
    "I'm a control freak. That's why I drive a Commodore", Mark Skaife

OK picked mine up this afternoon. A very nervous trip home thinking everyone had decided to occupy the same time space as me! Anyway 100km on the clock and it is amazing, I cannot stop smiling. The difference between the GenF and an E2 is as if it is a car from a different decade not just the next evolution. I cannot explain how much the Commodore/HSV has grown up in 4 years. Sorry if that is unpleasant news for E series owners but that is how it is.

The tech is massive. Never before have I sat and listened to the pre flight briefing. Even when I dabbled with the M3 and C63 they were much the same, this is a couple of hundred steps forward.

My first observations are that the bi modal exhaust on sport etc is quite loud and booming at idle, probably just me but it is a surprise how loud it is in the cabin. The brakes are a little wooden which I put down to the low kms, plenty of brake there but the feel is totally different to the E series, maybe wooden is a little harsh. The electic steering is superb, I can think of no other description. I quite liked the E1 and E2 steering and yet this is better feel and better control. The gearbox is smooth and changes sweetly with no hint of confusion and this is compared to my tuned E2.

The HUD takes all of 2km to get used to. I played with the location and dimmed the brightness to minimum and it works for me in daylight. I only have speed dispayed with the usual warnings and it is as low as I can get it without cropping the display. At night one level up from minimum is better so I will see how that goes. I was surprised that the HUD included a blue warning light for high beam in addition to the very visible blue light on the dash. The lane departure warning is tedious around town. I stick to the left of my lane and the warning was continually reminding me that the white line was near so I switched it off. The blind spot alerts in the mirrors are just plain excellent. Too much other new stuff to talk about but sending messages, picking up calls etc was effortless (iPhone 5). Nice to see who it is before you answer. Stereo sounds fine though I haven't stuffed with it much yet.

The pump and goo are under the spare tyre in a little pocket beneath the carpet.

Oh and the engine. It's nice. The supercharger is very quiet. The power delivery is smooth. More km to go before I give it the beans on the farm road!

Road noise is better than the E2 but not as quiet as say my son's diesel Cruze but that has about 4t of dynamat inside.

Hmmm lots more to think and talk about but I want some more ks on board first. I will have to tweak the warnings and alarms. Remember this is just the first 100km.

Here she is at home...

Again sorry about the phone pics, no time to get the D800 out and still take time for a drive.

Tomorrow the windows get tinted and then a clay bar and wax on the weekend.

To everyone awaiting their GTSs. You are going to be amazed.
    Last edited by mjrandom; 24-09-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Having trouble with one of the photos, try again.

SSZ Ute is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 26-06-2021 @ 02:25 PM

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to pick mine up hopefully on 18 Oct. Any chance when you get some time could you please take some photos of the spare wheel installation etc? I am curious what damage there is when it gets removed. Is it just a hole in the carpet? I only plan on putting mine in for trips out of town so most of the time it will be removed

Quote Originally Posted by SSZ Ute View Post
    Thanks for the update. Can't wait to pick mine up hopefully on 18 Oct. Any chance when you get some time could you please take some photos of the spare wheel installation etc? I am curious what damage there is when it gets removed. Is it just a hole in the carpet? I only plan on putting mine in for trips out of town so most of the time it will be removed

SSZ Ute is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 26-06-2021 @ 02:25 PM

Thanks for that, I did see that when you posted it. Im interested to see what it looks like when removed? Is there just a hole in the carpet where presumably the spare gets screwed down to or is there a plate/dish or what

Thread Information