Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7 inch touch screen in 2011 Series 2 Captiva LX needing new part to work

planetdavo is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 01-10-2014 @ 07:44 PM

Re: 7 inch touch screen in 2011 Series 2 Captiva LX needing new part to work

Quote Originally Posted by C4B View Post
    If there is a known issue, these should be an "advance RA" item.
    It's becoming a "known issue".
    Factor in the massive issues created by the implementation of SAP since the start of Feb and there are a LOT of headaches out there. It's affecting the receipting on of vast amounts of stock at HSPO, but, as said more than once, if a Rush backorder is placed, the item will arrive much faster than some of the times being quoted (often through a haze of stress).
    Holden are in fact sending customers letters apologising for the many issues created by the implementation of SAP (and SOM), and offering good will gestures for pain and suffering on a case by case basis.
    People shouldn't believe everything they read on the good ol' internet.

sjhugh is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-05-2023 @ 11:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by planetdavo View Post
    Oh well, I've tried to be rational about this, and someone doesn't want to hear it. I keep telling said person that one will be here within a month if it has been backordered the correct way. Said person still doesn't want to understand, so there's little more to be said.
    Holden will lose the next sale to this person, and the next company he buys a product off will inherit the same problem if and when something goes wrong.

This is a typical problem with many people employed to do a job in an old fashion company structure. They are so familiar with the industry they work in, they become dictatorial instead of stepping back and grasping what customer service is really about.

The owner of a company instinctively knows what to do.
    As does most people who have reached senior positions in most companies.
    Also anyone working for a progressive company will have been tutored to be customer focused.

If the part couldn’t be air freighted and a lengthy delay has occurred, the customer would have a free service or a couple of year’s roadside assist and a huge apology for failing to meet customer expectations.

Customer service is not about excuses, it’s about meeting customer expectations.

One happy customer has the potential to create many more happy customers.

Upsetting customers for the sake of a single part that can’t be sourced from any stock, how out of touch is that?

Last edited by sjhugh; 26-03-2013 at 04:02 PM.

planetdavo is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 01-10-2014 @ 07:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by sjhugh View Post
    This is a typical problem with many people employed to do a job in an old fashion company structure. They are so familiar with the industry they work in, they become dictatorial instead of stepping back and grasping what customer service is really about.

The owner of a company instinctively knows what to do.
    As does most people who have reached senior positions in most companies.
    Also anyone working for a progressive company will have been tutored to be customer focused.

If the part couldn’t be air freighted and a lengthy delay has occurred, the customer would have a free service or a couple of year’s roadside assist and a huge apology for failing to meet customer expectations.

Customer service is not about excuses, it’s about meeting those expectations.

One happy customer has the potential to create many more happy customers.

Upsetting customers for the sake of a single part that can’t be sourced from any stock, how out of touch is that?

This is a typical post from a member of an internet forum. People who often have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about what dealership staff have to go through to obtain parts from time to time. This is one of those times. We're lucky to even be able to get anyone on the phone at the moment, and emails can take DAYS to be answered. Stop shooting the messenger.
    All you are doing is feeding the fella's rage, rather than helping the situation. I've tried to help him with better information on what is going on. Perhaps you missed the bit I said about Holden coming up with a goodwill plan at the moment because of all this SAP mess...

ti0350 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 16-09-2021 @ 07:06 PM

I think I jinx myself mine started playing up today, the camera was taking forever to come on and when it did was very jerky.

Ausmartin1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-08-2021 @ 08:29 PM

This is a typical post from a member of an internet forum. People who often have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about what dealership staff have to go through to obtain parts from time to time. This is one of those times. We're lucky to even be able to get anyone on the phone at the moment, and emails can take DAYS to be answered. Stop shooting the messenger.
    All you are doing is feeding the fella's rage, rather than helping the situation. I've tried to help him with better information on what is going on. Perhaps you missed the bit I said about Holden coming up with a goodwill plan at the moment because of all this SAP mess...
    So is it dealer not rushing the order or is it GMH lost the plot completely with the IT mess?
    Image another way - take the dealer out of the equation

Like Tesla is doing in the states, Shop for car with friendly mall staff where NO Purchase transaction can take place.
    Wish to buy? no dramas - when home on your internet, place customized order. .... Pay deposit pay rest on delivery date - new car arrives on trailer by professional delivery staff who instruct you on its features.
    Minor service TESLA comes to YOU!, Major service ? you take it into town to the Tesla workshop.
    I like this why?
    The BUCK STOPS WITH TESLA as a manufacture, no franchise dealership in between to fog and $ it up.
    I hope when I go to buy my next new car this will become common place. Problem is with the current setup even paying top dollar you don't get top service in many cases.
    (No wonder dealership associations are upset in in the states - but for the consumer it completely cuts out the BS)

I feel sorry for the country people stuck with 1 dud dealership in town - at least in the metro areas you can usually find 1 dealership with exceptional spare parts staff, then the next thing is to find a great service department and that is on a plus grade difficult. I wonder if there are any real car guy's left with passion etc. in the industry or have they all missed there calling as "I don't give a rats" white goods appliance technicians -
    Maybe its the business greed and the fact that's there is plenty of suckers in the ocean - so who cares attitude as they get bigger and bigger to survive?

VESportswagon20 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-10-2013 @ 11:14 AM

Firstly, I am entitled to be enraged over this issue as its not good enough. Secondly, I have heard nothing about a goodwill plan.
    Thirdly, no car should come to Australia without sufficient spare parts and orders should be kept up as stock gets used. After speaking to Holden about your comments they said that the comments you made do not reflect Holdens thoughts. However, to customers who read comments like yours do get peeved and have a right to. Do you read the Facebook page? It's full of complaints. People are getting very dissatisfied with Holden and their customer service and when I read what you say I can believe them. Is this the real employees attitude or is it what I see at the dealer or in my emails. As I have said, we pay nearly $50,000 on road for this car. We deserve good service and parts to be in stock when something goes wrong.

After almost 4 months still no resolution. Was given a letter last week letting us know of a recall involving the touch screen and had the car at the dealer again for 6 hours but of course when I picked the car up it is still not fixed and looking at another month wait at least. That will mean almost a quarter of its time with me from new will have been without a working touch screen including the camera. Not good enough Holden. With many other products if it had a problem under warranty it would be replaced with a new one. I am going to contact consumer affairs on this now as its not good regardless of what a certain self believing know it all would make you believe, and my advice comes from legal sources not a holden parts employee. No goodwill offered either so will take matters to the next level. Expect better when you buy from a company. Imagine the uproar if MyLink has a problem and Holden have 20 parts come for over 600 sold vehicles in a month or more because the part comes from the U.S. as a example. Feel sorry for the dealer as I know I am not the only one who has spoken to them about the matter. I did reassure her I knew its not her fault and told her I can see why Holdens popularity is dwindling when customers are not being treated properly by the company. 65 years of a family buying Holden and only holden going out the window because of this. Loyalty has to be a 2 way street.

Finally 4 months since I had the part ordered the part got installed. Now, I will wait and see what goodwill is given. It took me going to a senior staff member of customer service to decide about goodwill even being mentioned and only after I brought it up. I know what they offer eg.fuel cards etc. With all the problems I have said let's see what amount they offer. I did say I will be passing it by consumer affairs for advice once I know. In my last email I mentioned about this thread and comments that were made to me from a certain person. I also suggested a memo that staff act professionally when representing a company they work for when making such comments. What I was told showed contempt and a lack of respect for a disgruntled customer.

Oh, I brought up this thread because I was asked re: goodwill about my whole experience. This experience was part of that.

Smashfist is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-12-2019 @ 10:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VESportswagon20 View Post
    Oh, I brought up this thread because I was asked re: goodwill about my whole experience. This experience was part of that.
    Mate after the amount of whining you have posted about a non-vital part, how about you spare a thought for some of those who have purchased other brands (Hyundai and Chrysler/Jeep come to mind) who don't even keep stock of engines. You're complaining about a sat nav screen being out for 4 months, at least you can still drive the car. I've seen customers from other brands (particularly the above two) that have gone 3 months WITH NO ENGINE IN THEIR CAR as the local brand offices don't keep stock of engines. I've never seen that sort of delay with a Holden - and if there is a delay on parts (vehicle off-road) Holden normally covers a rental. Not so with the above two.

Holden is in the middle of changing their IT system, there's teething issues with any new system. I went through it with Hyundai, and I went through it with Mitsubishi. Stop carrying on like Holden is the devil and they're deliberately trying to make your life harder.

Oh and you complain about "after 65 years of buying only Holden's I'm out". One issue in 65 years is a pretty good run, get over yourself.

A^K^T is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-04-2024 @ 07:58 PM

The company I work for has implemented an ERP/MRP system recently and SAP was mentioned when they were trying to decide what system to go for.
    One of the sales people who took care of the project work/quotes (as well as IT related issues) had worked with or was familiar with SAP and said it wasn't user friendly (to put it politely)
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist View Post
    Mate after the amount of whining you have posted about a non-vital part, how about you spare a thought for some of those who have purchased other brands (Hyundai and Chrysler/Jeep come to mind) who don't even keep stock of engines. You're complaining about a sat nav screen being out for 4 months, at least you can still drive the car. I've seen customers from other brands (particularly the above two) that have gone 3 months WITH NO ENGINE IN THEIR CAR as the local brand offices don't keep stock of engines. I've never seen that sort of delay with a Holden - and if there is a delay on parts (vehicle off-road) Holden normally covers a rental. Not so with the above two.

Holden is in the middle of changing their IT system, there's teething issues with any new system. I went through it with Hyundai, and I went through it with Mitsubishi. Stop carrying on like Holden is the devil and they're deliberately trying to make your life harder.

Oh and you complain about "after 65 years of buying only Holden's I'm out". One issue in 65 years is a pretty good run, get over yourself.
    Even more reason to treat customers better after such loyalty. 4 months is far too long for such a easy fix. Would customers of Commodore and Cruze and even Barina CDX be happy having their new touch screen/ Rear view camera not work for 4 months due to a lack of a simple part. Its not like a imported engine. It could go in a small box and be freighted across. Not good enough from Holden and as said they know of a certain comment from a Holden staffer on this forum. Not very professional regardless of having the right to have a opinion. I have seen staff sacked for behaving unprofessionally on the Internet ie: Facebook and blogs before. You need to be so careful. Put it this way consumer affairs were told of my situation and they were not impressed when I showed them all correspondence including a link to this thread. I have to get back to them to determine whether the goodwill matches my experience otherwise there may be ramifications. A big part of my complaint was what was said to me. Customers have the right to complain regardless of the part and definately can complain if their experience with staff whether officially or unofficially has not been good. Tough titties if they don't like it. I would like to see how you would handle the people I need to deal with on a daily basis. Complaints are the preferred scenario compared to other ways our customers treat us.

Oh dear...
    Anyway, since you don't like what info has been offered to try and HELP YOU, good luck with Consumer Affairs.
    I've dealt with them before over a furniture issue. They couldn't do squat, and it ended up at VCAT. I won.
    A bit of advice for you fella.
    PLENTY of people within the organisation are living their worst nightmare over SAP, and once you add in the popularity of this part all over the world, the issue only gets worse.
    I think I can speak for just about everyone by saying that NOBODY wishes it to be this way, but sometimes, life just isn't perfect. Try cutting some people just a little bit of slack. Some of us have tried to assist your knowledge of your situation.
    You just might find it causes you to have a hell of a lot less stress in your life.

mickeyVX350 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-02-2017 @ 10:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by VESportswagon20 View Post
    Finally 4 months since I had the part ordered the part got installed. Now, I will wait and see what goodwill is given. It took me going to a senior staff member of customer service to decide about goodwill even being mentioned and only after I brought it up. I know what they offer eg.fuel cards etc. With all the problems I have said let's see what amount they offer. I did say I will be passing it by consumer affairs for advice once I know. In my last email I mentioned about this thread and comments that were made to me from a certain person. I also suggested a memo that staff act professionally when representing a company they work for when making such comments. What I was told showed contempt and a lack of respect for a disgruntled customer.
    If I was reading this about an issue in my company I'd be keen to fix the situation - but would just push it aside after the part that takes aim at a person not directly involved. It just makes it look like you are bitching and trying to pull everything to emote a response. In my eyes, you did yourself a disservice.

bigfoot is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-05-2023 @ 07:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyVX350 View Post
    If I was reading this about an issue in my company I'd be keen to fix the situation - but would just push it aside after the part that takes aim at a person not directly involved. It just makes it look like you are bitching and trying to pull everything to emote a response. In my eyes, you did yourself a disservice.
    Good post mate, I agree

Thread Information