Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackve

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

Re: Blackve

Quote Originally Posted by blackbettyhsv View Post
    any chance of putting up a sound file dude
    I'm trying can get it to work on computer but won't upload(not the best with comps lol) i'm on the case.

Went for a good run today to barossa overtaking power is awesome brakes traction easy with 3.7's. Car is so well behaved, nice low down power still just lopes along in 6th ended up averaging 75km/h and avg fuel of 11.2 and thats with heaps of roadworks and giving it a squirt every set of lights.

Getting lots of looks at lights might have to quitenen her up a little SA is the defect state GRRRR!!!!
    Last edited by BLACKVE; 10-05-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Martin_D is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-06-2022 @ 11:28 AM

Its a nice little camshaft that one BlueVE
    As you can see we spent plenty of time working on the 0-3000rpm zone of the programming as its here, most critically that many cam only installations in the L98 tend to lose out in torque over the factory cam. Go have a look at some of the graphs folks post and see for yourself

Such are the valve events for this camshaft that it makes more torque that whole way down there, briefly 'touching down' at around 2900rpm (without looking at the graph) before pulling away again. Thats got a lot to do with the cylinder fill index which is related to the way this cam opens and closes the valves, or more to the point where it happen. Its one of the better VE camshafts I have seen. Quieten it down with a set of GT3076s, one hanging off each bank

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

Bloody cam the clutch not happy

God i love this cam so streetable and yet so much punch best of both worlds

Clutch still holding up(looking at LS7 options though)

Few pics with older brother

Since i bought the SV8 not much driving done(love it when i do though, more a weekender now) but spent a few $$$$$ getting ready for some track days.

Bridgestone RE55's(second hand of EBAY $700) on a set off calais V rims

oil cooler set up putting on this weekend

2BCORT is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-12-2012 @ 08:35 AM

Where did you get the Oil cooler kit and How much???

Cheers
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by 2BCORT View Post
    Where did you get the Oil cooler kit and How much???

Cheers
    Ed
    Ls1 edit/willall racing PM tuna for a price, ive spent so much i get a bit of a discount

UTESRULE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-07-2020 @ 01:22 PM

post some pics with the cooler installed

Fitted a 25% underdrive kit today, bit sweaty hot in adelaide already

What to put here??????? MMMMMmmmmmm

FAST LSXR manifold

Fitted with custom ASE fuel rails

Braided fuel lines with speedflow fittings supplied by ASE

Front bar stripped

ASE power steering cooler with DYI brackets

Cooler fitted

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UTESRULE View Post
    post some pics with the cooler installed
    Love too but finding a good spot hard with out blocking to much airflow to radiator, even with front bar off still searching

Not much of an update been busy with cam swap on my sv8 which was fun and was going to get the heads ported but a guy at work is keen on the SV8 for good $$$$$ so had a chat to my engine guy today and i'm going to get the heads on the ute decked and ported. The amount of valve clearence will determine the amount decked to bump the compression up, i'll be doing the heads swap myself so should be fun also might get the FAST ported a bit to suit the heads etc.

VESSCAM is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 29-05-2010 @ 09:04 AM

Very nice mate! good work

hyperss82 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 16-10-2016 @ 10:21 AM

love to see pics of ps cooler as i have done the ase oil cooler worked good on track day

Quote Originally Posted by hyperss82 View Post
    love to see pics of ps cooler as i have done the ase oil cooler worked good on track day

Well i got the shits up after a dyno day and the car only pulled 310 on a DD dyno was 38C Time for more mods, heads are being ported and decked by lion king(brenton from auto techniques in adelaide he is also going to have a look at the fast re porting) bigger cam etc hoping for 350rwkw's N/A fingers crossed. Doing all the spanner work myself
    Few pics

Yes the head is in my lounge room lol

Crap thats a big inlet valve

Big thanks for bryan from speedinc thats helping with new parts he's taken over from fraser

Will be several weeks until shes running

Thread Information