Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Avalanche mini build only

Delco is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 24-04-2022 @ 07:35 PM

Re: HSV Avalanche mini build only

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Listy View Post
    They have visting tuners I would trust like Tim from electronic automotice and chipmaster. Tim did the tune on the GTS and it is set very safe exactly what I wanted. There are others in town like D and T and a couple of other shops but I dont have trust in them. No doubt they maybe fine but that is me and my choice.
    Most cars in the circles up here on the local HSV/Holden forum majority of the well known cars are from Chipmaster or tim. Scotties was different but APS did his while it was down south. You would want to know your stuff to have the guts to tune that.

I might see if I can get a mailorder from chipmaster and get the fine tuning done on his visit Mar/Apr. Might give him a yell.
    Late feb early march is the next trip to Darwin , we can organise a base tune before we come up if required and then finish it when I get there.

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Delco View Post
    Late feb early march is the next trip to Darwin , we can organise a base tune before we come up if required and then finish it when I get there.
    Sounds good Dan. I sent a PM

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

Tune is all sorted. I am getting the whole thing done when Dan visits in Feb. Cant afford the time with the car off the road.

The HID hi/lo beam and spotlights kit got here today. Very flash looking gear and great packaging. Can wait to get these fitted. This weekend I should get some time.

I am just trying to find another temporary spot to mount the air horns until I get the maffless tune done.
    Decals will be another week still so I have to wait until they are here for the wheels to get fitted as I want to do the decals and wheels togeather to see what it looks like. Not one or the other.

gottacalais is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-11-2012 @ 03:52 AM

what do the LED parking lamps look like when they are on?are they brighter than normal LED's?

Quote Originally Posted by gottacalais View Post
    what do the LED parking lamps look like when they are on?are they brighter than normal LED's?
    I will be putting some day and night photos up once things are installed. Others might know.

Too much on the long weekend so no install of the lights.
    Few more bits got here today.

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Hey Listy I love these wheels, what model are they off and where did you get them from (oh and approx price would be nice)... Thanks

I will find out this arvo and PM you. Only newly released I think so not on any web sites as yet.

Bit of movement. I ordered the wrong HID lights. I ordered the H4 hi/lo beam set but I should of ordered the H11 low beam and the H9 high beam. Projector lights you see. My mistake. Anyway so the new ones should be here mid next week. The spoties HIDs were correct but the wiring of the avalanche is causing some delays getting them working. They are installed atleast but there is some issue with the negative earthing arrangement and getting the spottie isolation switch working.
    The fog lights on the avalanche are a sealed units so no go getting LED in them.

Decals have been in the mail for over 2 weeks so I presume they should be here so I am chasing that. Could be from the roads blocked off.

The zip ties are temporary until this wiring issues is sorted.

Off topic but what do you think of the size of the frog I found in my yard. Bloody ripper. That is on my arm too which is not exactly small.
    I guess this is what a frog on steriods look likes.

BigFella is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 08-08-2016 @ 11:23 AM

great car and great thread!

it was an interesting read hearing about all ur bad luck ect,

i did had lol when u posted the pics of how u were going to fix it!

If u gotta do it, u gotta do it right and do it big!

well done!

Cheers Bigfella. Kinda strange me saying bigfella but good to say it anyway

I think I have finially got enough light. Due to lack of numbers Chipmaster is not coming up until later in the year so need to have a think about getting these airhorns on and maffless and getting the car off the road for a few days

The lights got installed today. I had all them in there but decided to put the spoties back to the normal bulbs. Just too much as it was just one big white glow. Not the affect I wanted as I wanted to break the shape up so the originals went back in. Low beams work really well with brightness and do stand our really well on the road

Plenty bright but due to the rain no picks of how good they are at night or any before and after photos of how they look on the road.
    The maffless, ORI and airhorns should be on by Friday.

Another set of wheels I brought for the avalanche as the misses likes the new ones but recons they are too manly look for her. The newies were around $1100 so pretty cheap for what they are I think. 3 piece KWC Forged KWC015. Just got to find tyres as they are 19x9 inch front and 19x10 inch rear but a perfect offset. They should fit the GTS for shows etc too.

Finially got some night time testing done tonight. Few photos of the new lights in action

Low beam HIDs

High bean without spoties

High beam with spoties. The signs range in distance but I measured the road and the furthert one in the way distace you can see is about 1km away so you can see the shine from way way away. Actual light projection up the road would be around 400-500m. The camera seems to cut the actual light short looking at the photo.

High beam and spoties and what you can see around you

What you see coming towards you on low beam

High beam with spoties. Dont think it is a good idea to flash someone at night. Bloody blinding when you look at them.

and a close up of the LED parker lights at night

I also found some dirt road and a open bit too. Nothing better than pulling the traction control fuse, lock it in first and do some mild entertaining. These car sould pretty good on full throttle doign what a awd V8 does best. Of couse I went out there to get the toads. I got 4 all up but missed 2. Shame shame.

pelagonia_ss is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-11-2017 @ 09:32 PM

Hey mate is that one of those stick on VZ Monaro bonnet add ons? How did you get it on and do you have any pics?

Thread Information