Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Avalanche mini build only

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

Re: HSV Avalanche mini build only

Quote Originally Posted by pelagonia_ss View Post
    Hey mate is that one of those stick on VZ Monaro bonnet add ons? How did you get it on and do you have any pics?
    I have not had a chance to put it on yet. I have instructions from the bloke on that does them. Basically it is glued on initially with a weight to hold it in place, then firbo sheet to smooth out the edges, filler so everything is flush and even, then primer and top coat with the usual sanding in between. You still get the similar look but much less $$ and no ADR issues of full fibro bonnets. You can cut the middle out of the bonnet too if you want the scoops to sit lower like the genuine ones but I want them to stick out a bit. Cost $180 to buy and should be about $350-400 to paint and install.
    Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get around to it. Mods on the GTS are starting again so the Avalanche is taking a bit of a back seat.

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

Some bling. These buggers are some serious wheels. I thought they would be ok but man these buggers are totally flash.

Specks:
    19x9 +38
    19x10 +50.
    FAT as. Not too sure what I do with them now. Look too good to put on a car. They will fit perfectly on both the GTS and avalanche. Have not test fitted as yet but I dont have tyres so can not do a proper test for clearance other than the theory of offset. I do need to check it somehow to see how wide the tyres can be.

Last edited by HSV Listy; 27-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.

VX-355 is offline Account Frozen Last Online: 23-12-2009 @ 09:21 PM

We had 20 x 10 on the back of ours and 20 x 9 on the front with 6 spot brakes on as well. Fit fine...

gibbsy is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 06-06-2018 @ 07:05 AM

Good going on the improvements mate.
    Keep it up. good thread

Gibbsy

iloveholden is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 10-11-2014 @ 04:13 PM

Nice wheels mate

Cheers for the comments and appreciate the feedback.

Did all the measurement on the wheels tonight on both cars. They will fit both fine both cars (VX GTS and HSV Avalanche). The GTS the rear only by 2mm from the wheel to the inside of the wheel inner guard (shock side with all the metal and stuff) so dam close but there is bits I can tap to give me more room. The avalanche truck loads on the back both inner and outter.
    On the front 9 inch wide is marginal with both cars. I am planning a small front guard pump on the GTS anyway for my circuit tyres so they will be fine there and the avalanche it is flush with the flares so they will do becuase the car sits so high. Strut to tyre is not problems and exact on both cars with these wheels.
    I will go 255 front and 285 rear tyres when I get around to buying them. Instead of going all out with the 295 on the back having 285 will give me that extra tiny bit for the GTS. When I buy the tyres, I have no idea. Wont be for a few months anyway.

These will come out for shows only so I will keep them for that purpose. They are too good to throw crappy brake dust all over.

THis is proberbly useful info for those with VX models and adventra and avalanche for wheel mods.
    To sum up for a 19 inch wheel only what I would call ideal and workable.
    Max wheel.tyre width without major mods VX. This is with good quality tyres that actually are 245mm on the tread width
    Front 8.5 and 245 tyre with a offset of +45
    Back 9.5 inch 275 tyre should still fit with a guard roll off set of +52.
    With a front and rear guard pump and they should fit the below like on the avalanche except a 285 rear tyre.

Avalanche/adventra
    Front 9 inch and 255 tyre +38 offset
    Back 10 inch and 295 tyre at +50 offset. There is more in it for bigger wheels but not much more on the tyre width.

THis is keeping things flush or within the guards. Naturally use this as a close template but if you are special ordering wheels get you wheel shop to confirm as always. Note the brake calipers clearance too.
    Last edited by HSV Listy; 28-02-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Small bit of progress. The air horns fitted without the ORI. Just went a pod filter instead that way the maff stays and not need for mucking around with tune stuff.
    The tank and aircompressor is still to be fitted. The horns came up looking pretty good in that spot. No other mods required other than a pod filter to make them fit. Pretty happy

exwrx is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-08-2013 @ 09:42 PM

Listy it looks great.

Please tell me the KWC wheels are $1100 each not $1100 for all 4, otherwise I will have to buy a set

Quote Originally Posted by exwrx View Post
    Listy it looks great.

Please tell me the KWC wheels are $1100 each not $1100 for all 4, otherwise I will have to buy a set
    Cheers mate and i agree the airhorns came up trumps. I will have the compressor fitted on Thursday arvo. The mechanic tested them in his workshop and the admin lady got very angry as it scared the living crap out of her.
    It is a similar kit as these blokes use. I wont be doing stuff like that. Purely as a emergency use only and added security as it will be linked into the car alarm horn aswell. Good idea for someone who can not hear their car alarm from where they live. The noise travels for kms depending on wind direction.
    Wish I had a horn like this!!! Funny as hell! - Car Videos on StreetFire
    The wheels cost $1170 for all 4 wheels. Brand spanking new custom made from Show wheels direct even with a invoice. Not even had tyres fitted and still in the original boxes. Sometimes people win on e-bay and this time I did. Rare but true.
    Reason is some bloke ordered them in with a pretty decent deposit and got into money trouble or something. I dare say show wheels would of expected a much higher price but no one bidded anything near what there were worth.
    Put it this way I was very surprised to get them. My top price was $1300 purely for the just in case factor as you never know.
    Retail they are about $1400 each front and $1650 each rear. Around 6k total.
    Last edited by HSV Listy; 17-03-2009 at 02:55 PM.

exwrx is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-08-2013 @ 09:42 PM

Those rims are an absolute bargain at that price.

Manukas is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-03-2014 @ 09:10 PM

Mate those air horns look great. I've been looking around for a decent set and haven't had much luck. I'd be interested to know how the sound.

Keep it up, good thread.

Have to wait some more. Bloody dodgy compressor

It is all installed BUT I just happen to get a dodgy compressor so no go with any noise. I am sending it back tommorrow but as with anything warranty they have to inspect and and send a replacement. They said by the end of next week they will have a new one up here.
    Here are some photos. Totally removable unit just as I wanted and so looks like nothing out of the ordinary in the back. It might seem bit rough putting it in a plastic container but the work is good and its clean and what was wanted. The fan is overkill I thought but no harm. It only comes on with the compressor.

pelagonia_ss is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-11-2017 @ 09:32 PM

When are you putting on the VZ Monaro bonnet thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by pelagonia_ss View Post
    When are you putting on the VZ Monaro bonnet thingy?
    Soon. It is on the list of thing to do. Just work through things bit by bit.
    I did get my new decals today so these should be on next week some time.
    All my car projects I never rush. The GTS has been going for 2.5 years doing things each month. Keeps me thinking

pelagonia_ss is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-11-2017 @ 09:32 PM

Fair enough mate! Everything looks great anyway. Coming along nicely. Nice horns!

Thread Information