Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Avalanche mini build only

MTC is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 23-07-2020 @ 03:06 PM

Re: HSV Avalanche mini build only

Hey Listy when i uster have My LX8 Adventra I found those wine bottle holders the perfect spot to hold My fire extinguisher

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

They are a funny set up but handy all the same. I normally put 1L water bottles in there for a day trip so they kind of cool the water from the A/C blowing through the vents. Not sure it would be much good for wine as it is not that cold
    The position of the Avalanche fire extinguisher is somewhat different but good thinking all the same and out of the way of the passengers leg. It mounts directly to the front of the passenger seat and moves with it back and forward. I will grab a photo tonight. You can buy the mounting kit from Holden. I am copying this set up for my GTS when I remount the fire extinguisher as atm it is a dodgy set up. The one in the boot is not much good if i am stuck in the car unable to open the door with a dash fire or something.

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

New compressor got here so I temporary wired it up so I could get some noise.
    Loud YES.

This is the new comresssor. About 30 -40 seconds to fill the tank to some crazy PSI. It is over rated big time for the job.

Quick blast. 150 plus db hurts. Real train horm sound too.

gibbsy is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 06-06-2018 @ 07:05 AM

Listy,
    Are you worried about the detonation potential of the receiver tank in the event of an accident.??

Not to mention rupture damage to internal ear drums etc.

Gibbsy

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsy View Post
    Listy,
    Are you worried about the detonation potential of the receiver tank in the event of an accident.??

Not to mention rupture damage to internal ear drums etc.

Gibbsy
    Yes. The compressor is too noisy inside the car too and upsets the kids. I have not tried it with the kids in the car and not game too.
    Might have to have a rethink about the whole thing. It needs a nice sound proof thick walled box with proper mounts. The plastic was always a temporary thing and the noise not overly practable.
    BTW my ears are still ringing and I had earmuffs on. These suckers are LOUD as hell.
    Over all it was a good thought but FAIL.

VZ505 is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 18-06-2013 @ 09:48 PM

I was just wondering if you could please let me know what the brand of nudge bar is that you have fitted cheers

Quote Originally Posted by VZ505 View Post
    I was just wondering if you could please let me know what the brand of nudge bar is that you have fitted cheers
    Genuine one from Holden for the adventra. Not a perfect fit on the avalanche but still not too bad.

On another note I figured out the compressor and tank issue so this will be relocated soon.

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Listy View Post
    Genuine one from Holden for the adventra. Not a perfect fit on the avalanche but still not too bad.

On another note I figured out the compressor and tank issue so this will be relocated soon.
    hey , what size air tank do you need ?

What about making the nudge bar the air tank ??/

Quote Originally Posted by XUV View Post
    hey , what size air tank do you need ?

What about making the nudge bar the air tank ??/
    I got it figuared out. I am going to use the space in the back with the little cargo areas on each side. Remove the cheap sub and put the air tank in there with a a few mm metal sheet linging and the compressor in the other one on the other side with soundproof materail around it. I did a test fit and it all works just need extra air lines and time.

BTW I used the air horns on a dog that was lying on the street. The bugger took like so fast I recon it left it balls behind. Had a bit of a laugh watching him shit himself.
    It is so tempting to beep the bloody red light runners on push bikes. Just a little one even. I get a big NO from the misses.

Really it is dangerous for dogs to be on the street and dangerous for red light runners on bikes so really I should beep them. Wonder if they would do it again.

chevy1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-11-2012 @ 01:18 AM

luvin ya inspiration with the big horn, I reckon it would work well as a shoo roo, just givin it a blat every now and then through the hot spots.lol.

I gave the horns a good test today. It took 8 seconds to emply the tank but with the compressor on it can keep going but not quite as loud.

Bit of progress. I repostioned the compressor into the little cargo bits in the back and it has shut it up pretty well. Not that it turns on very often unless you use the horn. The tank I put in the spare wheel well so atleast it is safe there under the wheel. I just pulled all the foam stuff out.
    Also I put the decals on today and YUK. I will leave them for a week and bin them. Seemed like a good idea at the time but just too much. I will get the small ones just like I have had for the last few years

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Glad I wasn't in your neighbourhood when those horns were being tested....

Agree, the decals "cheapen" the look of your car.

pelagonia_ss is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-11-2017 @ 09:32 PM

Might as well have said AMBULANCE and slap some sirens on the top. Turf the decals.

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Yeah they are a bit to much. Not so much the size. But if you changed the Font and possibly used a colour that complemented the silver of the body and perhaps with a black shadow. I reckon it could be pulled of tastefully.

Thread Information