Thread: Any Info on VN HSV T30???

davestef2005 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 15-06-2009 @ 08:16 PM

Any Info on VN HSV T30???

Just after any information you might have on a T30..

What badges did it have, pin striping, decals etc.. If anyone has any "original" photos please post them up..

Have looked at a couple to purchase, with intent to restore to original... Google is not being friendly!!.. Need as much information as possible....

Also, how can u tell if it has the 200KW motor, as in 1991 there was supposed to be some made, how can I tell if it is the 180 or 200KW? Engine covers have been painted so no help there...

I will be ringing Holden HSV tomorrow to find out what I can...

We have Engine #, VIN #, Build # and Tag # if that is any use to anyone.......

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

caz375 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 12-11-2013 @ 09:59 AM

Re: Any Info on VN HSV T30???

The T30 was actually produced in 2 series. The first series was all white in colour with leather trim. The full compliment of 30 were produced & were distributed to the top 30 hsv dealers across the country. The build number was the ranking of the dealer. These vehicles were never available to the general public as a new vehilce. The dealers were required to keep them for a minmum of 3 months before being able to sell them

The Series 1 was rated at approx. 180kw & featured all the luxury comforts with momo accessories.

The 2nd series was released in 91 & was modelled on the series 2 vn berlina with all the powerpack options. This was in the time of a reccession in australia & only 10 were actually produced, not the full 30. This series was a 2tone blue with the running gear of the sv5000 & mild body accessories. As with the series 1, the car featured the dealer name pinstriped on the bootlid & the dash badge also had the dealer name & number. The no. 1 vehicle in this series was an extra special vehilce as it represented the 5000 hsv produced from memory.

All in all the T30 or Top 30 HSV is somewhat a rare vehicle to hear of & find & even most dealers aren't even aware of what it is.

Some more info from elsewhere...

ENGINE OPTIONS - 5.0litre V8 (180kw)
    RELEASE DATE - June 1990
    END DATE - Limited run of 30 (ended June 1990)
    KERB WEIGHT - N/A
    BODY STYLE - Sedan

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:
    Overview -Based on the SV89 and made only for the Top 30 Holden Dealers.

Mechanical - As for SV89
    Interior - grey all leather sports seats with red piping, black Momo leather steering wheel, power pack , dash tag engraved with Dealer's name and position on the top 30 list
    Exterior - Available only in Alpine White, SV3800 grill , SV89 front and rear bumpers, body colour boot garnish, body mouldings deleted, SV-T30 badges on trailing edges of rear doors, HSV badge in center of bonnet above grill and gold plaque in upper driver side of tail panel with dealer's name and build number (matching the position in the top 30 list). SV5000 style rims with 7inch width.

T30 with aftermarket rims...

Hope that is of some assistance...
    Last edited by caz375; 21-04-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Fixed picture links

davestef2005 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 15-06-2009 @ 08:16 PM

thanks.. any close up pics on badges on sides??

TIR33D is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 05-01-2012 @ 09:40 PM

I think I have No 1 in my little town, sold to Suttons. Tell me the info you need and I will chase it down

Just wanna know if we can get the badges or not, or if we can make them up... If u see the car around, maybe ask if u can get some pics of interior, engine bay and plaques/badges/decals???...

Any info and pics will be of great use in the restoration....

Thread Information