Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: WA DPI = Anti-Performance Cars

6.2L.Club is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 11-05-2014 @ 12:21 AM

Re: WA DPI = Anti-Performance Cars

The biggest issue with passing the test is the efficiency of the cat converters and the time it takes for them to heat up to reach their maximum efficiency.

boyley is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 20-07-2017 @ 01:33 PM

Man how agro are those laws? Do they realise the how much they are going to pull out of the economy if thousands of cars are returned to stock.

Looks like a stock HSV will be your best bet from now hey.

VYSHSV8 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2014 @ 11:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by boyley View Post
    Man how agro are those laws? Do they realise the how much they are going to pull out of the economy if thousands of cars are returned to stock.

Looks like a stock HSV will be your best bet from now hey.
    CMON Lotto No's then that will ****em

Troy-77 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 07-03-2013 @ 01:22 AM

Emission testing is a joke! as it has been said before these rules are been put in place to be used at the polices discretion so they can screw who ever they want. What is the reason behind all this craziness i put it down to job justification!!!!

KrisR is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-10-2023 @ 04:16 PM

That's absolutely farked! I heard that the emmisions test by the RTA in NSW is free -- one of the only free things they give you, other than a 50 minute wait at one of their offices.

Sounds like some pollies over there need a high velocity lead injection.

Kitto VZ SS Thu is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 01-02-2011 @ 12:10 PM

this is a total joke f*cking government c*nts...
    the business i work for does diesel emissions testing so will be looking to see what the price is for the petrol testing equipment

The_Plague is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-05-2020 @ 05:04 AM

That's one hell of a ****ing kick in the wallet!

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

I would like to know who actually wrote that article. The way it is written is someone with lots of performance based knowledge especially with regards to the common modification with the Ls1 engines. It mentioned nothing about the XR6, evos, skylines etc with boost enhancements and the like.

Is there a traitor among you guys down there.

Just find a gas installer that will give you the 240 certificate as part of the installation and get some LPG up ya.

HSV Manta is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-02-2020 @ 07:59 PM

I do not understand the HYSTERIA in this thread.

It has always been illegal to mod your car...ALWAYS.

All they have done is amend the regulations to reflect current popular modifications.

Unless they were COMPLETELY STUPID, tuners around the country are fully aware they are modifying their customers cars in breach of the regs.

The notion that tuners are going to go out of business due to this minor amendment is absolutely ridiculous. Performance shops have been around for decades and will continue to do so. Sympathy for them is misplaced.

Bottom line is...you modify your car you run the risk. They greater the modification the greater the risk.

Tre-Cool is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 12:01 AM

I remeber reading some where that Car's create less than 3% of total world polution. It's insignificant to methane gases etc from farmed animals and thats even more miniscule than whats created by natural volcanoes etc.

Which brings me to the whole global warming propaganda. it's all bullshit and hyped by scientist's with vested interest's etc.
    It's happened before, It will all happen again.

WH Captain is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 06-03-2015 @ 06:06 PM

HSV Manta - Dude everyone knows that! But now they can and will enforce it at a huge cost to us.

So is your VE standard? it must be cos it sounds like you are happy to have this kick in the teeth when u get a yellow? Would u pass?

KEC have monopoly pretty much, it should be a goverment shop, not a biased Engine Performace shop who run the tests!

HSV Manta is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-02-2020 @ 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by WH Captain View Post
    HSV Manta - Dude everyone knows that! But now they can and will enforce it at a huge cost to us.

So is your VE standard? it must be cos it sounds like you are happy to have this kick in the teeth when u get a yellow? Would u pass?

KEC have monopoly pretty much, it should be a goverment shop, not a biased Engine Performace shop who run the tests!
    You play you pay simple as that.

My VE is not standard. However I acknowledge if I get a yellow I will have to, at my cost, replace my factory exhaust system in order to pass. I accept that and accept that risk. For every V8 Commodore I have owned since 1992 I have kept my stock exhaust for that reason.

These days people don't stop at exhausts. Turboed, supercharged and flashtuned cars are everywhere which were modified at great cost. I acknowledge that.

However I have an issue with people who knowingly do the wrong thing..get caught and then winge bitch moan and complaint about it crying that we live in a "police state" and that the government is "revenue raising".

As far as KEC goes...I totally agree with you. Vehicle examinations should be left to an independant body...such as the state government
    Last edited by HSV Manta; 01-07-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling

HHVYSS is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 26-09-2014 @ 02:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Manta View Post
    I do not understand the HYSTERIA in this thread.

It has always been illegal to mod your car...ALWAYS.

All they have done is amend the regulations to reflect current popular modifications.

Unless they were COMPLETELY STUPID, tuners around the country are fully aware they are modifying their customers cars in breach of the regs.

The notion that tuners are going to go out of business due to this minor amendment is absolutely ridiculous. Performance shops have been around for decades and will continue to do so. Sympathy for them is misplaced.

Bottom line is...you modify your car you run the risk. They greater the modification the greater the risk.
    I agree. So long as there hasn't been a blanket instruction issued to the law enforcement folk to crack down all cars suspected of being modified then it will be business as usual. My reading of the bulletin is that it merely outlines the DPI policy on its emissions testing requirements when you seek to obtain approval for a modification (ie, it will accept IM240 and not the more expensive ADR procedure). I hope so anyway.

EXCESSV is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 07-08-2013 @ 02:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Manta View Post
    My VE is not standard. However I acknowledge if I get a yellow I will have to, at my cost, replace my factory exhaust system in order to pass. I accept that and accept that risk. For every V8 Commodore I have owned since 1992 I have kept my stock exhaust for that reason.
    yeah but with tests done it shows that even after u put the stock exhaust back on, your highly likely to fail the test too.
    Seeing through the bullshit that you spin...

Tre-Cool is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 12:01 AM

I guess there is potentionally a market out there for someone with a Mainline dyno to run the IM240 test testing.

Charge 200 hundred bucks or dyno time (for tuning etc) and once the car is known to pass, go do your "final exam" at kec.

Rather than blow 700+ dollars a time pass or fail.

Could be another potential benefit for going gas on strokers, turbo, blown cars put a system on that's good enough to pass for the test and with the reduced bad gases should piss in an im240 test.
    It's happened before, It will all happen again.

Thread Information