Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

XLR8 V8 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-01-2023 @ 02:01 AM

Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

Friday July 3 2009 Holden Special Vehicles confirms launch of E Series 2

• Major multi-million upgrade to HSV range
    • A number of Australian auto technology production ‘firsts’
    • Major improvements in fuel economy
    • Unveil before Bathurst

HSV confirmed today the highly successful E Series range will be given a major upgrade with new features, driver enhancements and visual changes for introduction later in 2009.

According to Managing Director Phil Harding, the multi-million dollar program includes major visual differentiation and introduces at least five firsts for Australian production cars – a huge shot in the arm for the local industry.

“We know our customers want the latest technologies, as well as distinctive luxury and performance features in their HSV,” he said.

“Our customers will be delighted with the delivery of improved economy, more power, some truly exciting driver enhancements and distinctive design themes.”

HSV will start a staged preview campaign aimed at generating customer interest and demand in the new model. Dealers, frequent buyers and loyal customers will be supplied this information ahead of general release because of the importance of this new model to HSV.

The HSV Dealer network has been briefed on the changes, and they are actively speaking with past, present and future customers about the exciting new models.

“This represents a massive change for the successful E Series range and is the culmination of three years of research and development,” Phil Harding said.

More details will be released when E Series 2 is launched.

In the interim, keep visiting www.hsv.com.au for further information, features and footage on E Series 2 prior to the launch.

Source: HSV Media Release

Dav0 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-05-2012 @ 09:35 PM

Re: Friday July 3 2009 - Holden Special Vehicles confirms launch of E Series 2

I want to see steering wheel gear lever thingies like the ferraris have, i think them things are awesome as much as they are a gimmick.

XLR8 V8 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-01-2023 @ 02:01 AM

Early information on this topic can be found here: Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

calais190 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-05-2016 @ 07:17 PM

I heard from an unreliable source that the end of this year HSV would have a new cosmetic design to it... The guy who told me has a VE GTS and stated "i have seen pictures of the new one, and if you thought this one looks tough, wait to see the next one"... and this seems to confirm that... very interesting...

Evman is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 11-12-2016 @ 11:07 AM

I don't think anyone was expecting such an expensive upgrade so soon. Fingers crossed the promised '5 firsts' are truly worthwhile and not marketing hype of little knick-knacks

Old Lion is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 26-02-2013 @ 08:29 PM

i was activly in the market to buy a new Clubsport and was one day away from signing up , when i started to hear rumours with regard to the upgrade .After confirmation of this ,I'm happy i held off signing up for a number of reasons .

1/ Quoted mid $ 60's for man,leather and sunroof drive away last week
    Today advertised at $ 58,400 base man drive away so after negotiating
    could probobly pay that including leather and sunroof so theres $8,000
    difference in one week .Plus the value of the current model will drop once
    the new ones hit the street in September.

2/ Dealer has told me that some of the changes to be included in upgrade are
    ( Remember though , the dealers are getting drip fed info too )
    New front and rear bars perhaps side skirt
    Led strip headlights , like Audi
    New taillights
    New head unit
    Possible use of G8 bonnets
    And options of Leather , Different wheels , exhaust , and suspension upgrades , to name a few.

How many will be fact ? , we will soon find out

He expects more info next week

Cheers Old Lion

bigdogdazza is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 03-06-2014 @ 11:32 PM

Should be interesting! Will keep eyes peeled!

Uwish is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-01-2022 @ 09:32 AM

I highly doubt Audi style headlights, or even new tail lights.
    Both are very expensive updates.
    LS3 E series R8 Phantom on GTS 20s ..... Stolen.
    Now 426hp at all fours evo.

Old Lion is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 26-02-2013 @ 08:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Uwish View Post
    I agree , would much prefer that they spent the coin elsewhere
    the current taillights are ok to me , not a big fan of led headlights .

Cheers Old Lion

Ryzz is offline Needs Beer!! Last Online: 07-03-2023 @ 11:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Uwish View Post
    While we all doubt it, its an interesting idea and could only help with HSV's aim of taking on the European market.

korrupt is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 12:24 AM

The LED tail lights were one of the most expensive parts of the E-Series development. I would have thought they would hang around awhile longer before being replaced.

seedyrom is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 06-06-2022 @ 09:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    I don't think anyone was expecting such an expensive upgrade so soon. Fingers crossed the promised '5 firsts' are truly worthwhile and not marketing hype of little knick-knacks
    Update 1 - Hot off the press

Evman is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 11-12-2016 @ 11:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by korrupt View Post
    The LED tail lights were one of the most expensive parts of the E-Series development. I would have thought they would hang around awhile longer before being replaced.
    Apart from the whole MRC thing

The only reason the tail lights were so expensive was because it involved a fairly extensive reworking of the rear end (as far as HSV were concerned anyway). The cost of engineering the lights themselves isn't that huge. Holden have used LED tail lights since (I think) the VZ (whichever long wheelbase code it is) Caprice. Now that the rear end is done, they may just redesign the lights themselves but hold the same shape, or even better, have a design that involves removing that damn plastic cap that fills the gap on top of the lights. Lets wait and see

iloveholden is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 10-11-2014 @ 04:13 PM

im looking forward to this lil' upgrade....dont totally let us down HSV.

gmeup is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-06-2022 @ 08:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by iloveholden View Post
    im looking forward to this lil' upgrade....dont totally let us down HSV.
    Led front lights would be awesome, the audi ones look nice, when the audi idicators switchs on it automatically cancels out the white led while the indicator is on and goes back on instanly when indicator is off it looks very cool in action.

Thread Information