Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

mustanger is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-07-2020 @ 08:46 PM

Re: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

I say , let`s just wait a few days for the release and save the criticism until we have seen them in the flesh.

VESportswagon20 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-10-2013 @ 11:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Pav023 View Post
    Audi LED’s, GTO bonnet, a grill that looks like BMW's - overkill and maybe copyright infringements

you guys saying that the FPV GS decals were bad, well this one takes the cake
    Considering VR, VS, VT and VX had the same kidney style grill I cannot see it being a copyright on the BMW. LED driving lights are common on many european cars now including SAAB which was until recently part of the GM Family. Big deal about the GTO Bonnet, it helps make the car look mean like cars of the past that had them.
    Personally I am quite happy with the way it looks and could possibly consider selling my MY9.5 Calais V 6ltr Sportwagon for a E2 HSV estate. Like the wagons especially for the extra cargo capacity and also for taking my dog for a drive. Will visit Penfold or the Holden/HSV dealer in Ringwood (Cant think of their name off the top of my head) where i have bought between them my last 6 cars once its released and then will decide once I see them in the flesh. So many decisions!!!! I also would like the new 3.6ltr SIDI Calais V wagon as well. Not a bad powerr output for a V6 (extremely close to the V8 powered motors I had not even 10 years ago) One thing about the E2 is that it has further distinguished utself from the Standard VE Holden range visually and technolically wise.

jai is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-07-2017 @ 08:43 PM

Boooo i want launch control in my MY09 Surely some king ECU cracker will figure out how theyve done this?

A mate of mine figured out how to do this with the 1989 Nissan Silvia ECUs by putting a switch under the clutch pedal and making the ECU switch to another map on the 486 BIOS chip he would solder onto the ECU mainboard... which had a rev limiter of 4500RPM... soon as you took your foot of the clutch it switched back to the normal map and away you went! He also mastered flat shifting/spark drop on the ECUs too. I wonder how they do it "these days"

JK

Oh another thing... whats the crowd consensus on E1 drivers maybe upgrading to E2 bumpers front n back... good, bad, wanna be? If they look good im sure the good people at spare parts will look after us

1800 front bumper
    1500 LEDs
    1000 fog lights
    400 harness

Cheap front end conversion coming right up

JK
    Last edited by jai; 03-09-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

BlownVR is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-12-2022 @ 09:53 PM

Not a fan of the new look as there is too much going on at the front but if you photoshop out the bonnet vents it looks half decent IMO.

X BC X is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 17-02-2013 @ 02:49 PM

Talking Re: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

Quote Originally Posted by moconn20 View Post
    Where did this photo come from? is it fair dink or a photochop?
    Just my re-colour from a leaked pic which 'stig' posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deco28 View Post
    Ive also seen it on a few other websites, with certain sites plastering their watermark all over it...funny as

Quote Originally Posted by CLUBRED View Post
    Who wants to chop the baclk bit above the number plate red..

and those chrome bonnet garnishes looks like a milk mustache I just want to wipe off, not sold on the middle pillar thing on the grille either, looks like an after thought.
    another dirty, nasty quick chop....took out the nostril chromage...seems to tone it down a little...looks a tad meaner imo

bouka is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-10-2015 @ 02:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mustanger View Post
    I say , let`s just wait a few days for the release and save the criticism until we have seen them in the flesh.
    Very wise advice there Muzzy.

The latest photos are very much to my liking. I am looking forward to seeing the range from all angles in the flesh.

Like it or not, credit must go to the gang at HSV for bringing about such large scale changes to the looks on what would be a smallish budget (especially compared to the big manufacturers). Especially considering that Holden will not be doing much to the MY10.

There is no chance (based on what little we have seen so far) that you will be mistaking an E2 for an E1.

BlownVR is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-12-2022 @ 09:53 PM

Question Re: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

Would HSV be investing in this much of an upgrade if there is a VF only 6-12 months away as rumoured? No doubt the E1 is getting a bit stale after 3 years and it seems like 12 months ago would have been a good time for the E2 if the VF timing is correct. Next year does seem like the right time for a mid life sheetmetal and interior upgrade as we will be 4 years into this platform.

steve_t is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 13-03-2014 @ 07:43 PM

Any other changes announced? Will stuff be transferrable to E1 eg Launch Control? Multiple levels for TC? Will HSV ever get auto-up windows?

iloveholden is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 10-11-2014 @ 04:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BlownVR View Post
    Would HSV be investing in this much of an upgrade if there is a VF only 6-12 months away as rumoured? No doubt the E1 is getting a bit stale after 3 years and it seems like 12 months ago would have been a good time for the E2 if the VF timing is correct. Next year does seem like the right time for a mid life sheetmetal and interior upgrade as we will be 4 years into this platform.
    My thinking is that the VF is already designed or at least close to completion and that this E2 is just a marketing ploy to boost sales before the VF. The VF being introduced in 12 months if sales of the E2 are good, or is sales fall away due to the public not liking to radical design of the E2, then VF in 6-10months

Just some thoughts of mine....

ATOMIC MALOO R8 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 12-02-2017 @ 04:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by X BC X View Post
    Just my re-colour from a leaked pic which 'stig' posted.

Ive also seen it on a few other websites, with certain sites plastering their watermark all over it...funny as

another dirty, nasty quick chop....took out the nostril chromage...seems to tone it down a little...looks a tad meaner imo

looks like it came straight of the movie CARS

VX2VESS is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-02-2017 @ 11:37 PM

still room left for a few more intake holes

mustanger is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-07-2020 @ 08:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by vt2vx View Post
    still room left for a few more intake holes
    Not many though

calais190 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-05-2016 @ 07:17 PM

Pictures seem to do it no justice, i rekon these are gana be tough in real life.

Excellent is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 10-01-2010 @ 12:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by calais190 View Post
    Pictures seem to do it no justice, i rekon these are gana be tough in real life.
    I'm no fan of the GTS based on those pics but I saw a left hand drive Pontiac G8 on the road last week and I thought it looked good with those scoops and nostril type grille.

I'm probably a bit too hasty to judge the E2 based purely on low res pics but the front does look too busy each time I view each pic. I can't wait to see the E2 on the road as those who have seen them have encouraging things to say.

Nitronic12 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-06-2013 @ 10:12 PM

Complicating the look of a vehicle doesn't make it always look aggressive... alot of concept cars look more alien than aggressive. Keep it simple, keep it sharp.

Thread Information