Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

miss monaro is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 09-10-2015 @ 06:32 AM

Re: Friday July 3 2009 - HSV confirms launch of E Series 2 (Pics @ post#81)

Hi Have'nt been on here for a while but I've ordered one and it will look hot! Cheers tiff

Guy Incognito98 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 30-11-2009 @ 08:45 PM

The October Motor magazine has an official shot of a silver E2 R8 from the rear. Might look ok in the flesh but as the earlier shots show, it appears too busy and convoluted with scoops and different shapes and a large expanse of patterned black plastic. The accompanying story is fairly bland though and doesn't say anything that wasn't known before.

calais190 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-05-2016 @ 07:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by `redoctober View Post
    I wrote that up before and they deleted my post soon enough, yours will be too! Haha.
    Aww did they haha. My bad! Thought it would be the same as picking up the magazine in the shop and giving the page a read, same thing isn't it?

Ghosn is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-09-2019 @ 09:00 PM

The rear looks terrible, don't see how it can look any better in the flesh either. Not a fan of the wheels too ... Still happy with my purchase

Uwish is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-01-2022 @ 09:32 AM

I'll keep saying it. E1 looks better!
    LS3 E series R8 Phantom on GTS 20s ..... Stolen.
    Now 426hp at all fours evo.

jai is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-07-2017 @ 08:43 PM

I see in the red test mule in the mag photos that they have the rear wing covered aswell... surely they wont keep the same rear wing that the 'artists' impression shows... its too easy to change and will make a big impact!

JK

Quote Originally Posted by calais190 View Post
    Aww did they haha. My bad! Thought it would be the same as picking up the magazine in the shop and giving the page a read, same thing isn't it?
    No it is not the same thing, it is reproduction of copyrighted material which is illegal, the posts were removed after ACP contacted us through their legal counsel regarding the matter.

Remember if you post illegal content then you the poster are legally liable for such content, not the forums.

jai is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-07-2017 @ 08:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewindr View Post
    No it is not the same thing, it is reproduction of copyrighted material which is illegal, the posts were removed after ACP contacted us through their legal counsel regarding the matter.

Remember if you post illegal content then you the poster are legally liable for such content, not the forums.
    Is there a difference between "hosting" the image, and simply referring by URL... or in this case not embedding the image, but simply posting a "look at this site it has a pic of the mag" ? I wouldnt think that would be much of an image?

JK

swan23 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2012 @ 12:33 PM

they done way too much and gone overtop with the e2's. the only thing nice about it is the hood and those audi led lights other than that it looks too much like a aftermarket bodykit. those gts rims are disgusting too the old ve gts rims are the best rims hsv has brought out. sorry to anyone who likes it out there but just doesnt look like a muscle car.

MaDDoG is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 03-03-2015 @ 10:58 AM

I'm undecided until I see one in the flesh....the nose does seem a little over done though.

ado_civon is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 19-07-2010 @ 05:36 PM

AUDI, BMW, TOYOTA AURION = E2 HSpee

Dodgy as hell, I hope they keep it OFF the road only.

Absolutely lame.

Lemon is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 28-02-2014 @ 09:20 PM

Hey are these things launched or only lanched on Grand Turismo???

I look at the HSV website and they say the E2 is released but the press release photo is of the last W427 and the only photos(?) are computer generated on the build page.

Seriously funny way to launch a car, no photos, no press releases, nothing in the news etc.

Still waiting LOL

Roger is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-03-2023 @ 09:07 AM

Have a go at "Build your E2".

Bi-modal exhaust is a $2,290 option

My, that's a lot to pay for leftover W427 exhaust stock !!!

Actually prefer the E2 Senator wheels to the Pentagons.

The DRL's are a little Audi esque, but there you go.

Bonnet scoops are a little over the top, takes away from the Monaro & makes it look all Pontiac like.

All in all, I think a worthwhile change. Power didn't need to be upped, they must have listened to the bitching & upped (at least the badge) on the GTS. Mind you, 8kw is hardly something you're going to be able to measure with your butt. That's the difference between a well built LS3 & a bad one.

Although the bi-modal is a ridiculous option at it's cost (it's not like you keep your old exhaust as well !), reckon you'll be forever pleased with it's noise.
    Last edited by Roger; 10-09-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lemon is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 28-02-2014 @ 09:20 PM

Yep, there real saw them at Philip Island today.

IMHO not so nice which was a real disappointment seeing I am looking for a new car.

WAY, WAY over the top!

What has HSV been taken over by Volkswagon / Audi group? The GTS with the painted front grill area and day time LED running lights all a joke really.

What about the badge on the Senator, the size of a garbage bin Lid LOL.

Even the brakes look over done, not sure but they did not look like the larger rotor jobs from the W427 but just 6 piston calipers on the same rotors (not 100% here).

As I say this is going to be a personal thing but for me it is going to be hard to spend +$80K on a bitsa hodged bodge car!!!

Other than the few technology mods I think it is a move backwards.

All my opinion, so I guess other will like it.

LSX-438 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 24-02-2020 @ 04:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
    Yep, there real saw them at Philip Island today.

IMHO not so nice which was a real disappointment seeing I am looking for a new car.

WAY, WAY over the top!

What has HSV been taken over by Volkswagon / Audi group? The GTS with the painted front grill area and day time LED running lights all a joke really.

What about the badge on the Senator, the size of a garbage bin Lid LOL.

Even the brakes look over done, not sure but they did not look like the larger rotor jobs from the W427 but just 6 piston calipers on the same rotors (not 100% here).

As I say this is going to be a personal thing but for me it is going to be hard to spend +$80K on a bitsa hodged bodge car!!!

Other than the few technology mods I think it is a move backwards.

All my opinion, so I guess other will like it.
    Holden/HSV like to think they benchmark themselves off Audi, thus the LED's

Anyway the E2 design is crap. Not cohesive in the slightest. It's a platypus ffs. I assume we'll convince ourselves it looks "ok" in time. Suffice to say, anyone remotely interested in one is desperately trying to figure out how they can make it look like E1 to make it relatively palatable, says it all doesnt it? Fail. Sad, because, it should have been a cake walk really. Hell, even the E1 bodykit with the extra improvements would have been pretty good i reckon. I was thinking of buying one actually. Not anymore.

Thread Information