Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 10:31 PM

Re: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by A^K^T View Post
    Am not used to using a Mac for resizing photos , I tried yesterday and gave up.
    Wound up doing it on my other pc.
    Attachment 8434
    Attachment 8433
    Attachment 8432

Some aspects are taking a little time to get used to , in eco mode it's almost like one peddle driving in a Tesla (have test driven one of those), you pretty much just need to roll off the throttle to slow down with minimal use of the brakes.
    It's about 250kg and a little top heavy , but once you are on the move.
    Last night I charged it to 92% and it had about 75% when I got home from work today, about a 50km round trip.
    Thats about 10km of back streets & the rest highway with speeds from 60-80kph & some roadworks thrown in and stop start traffic.

Cruze control on a motorbike is also a novelty for me but it seems to be fairy simple to use.

The servicing intervals surprised me , first is at 1600km then every 8000 (typical Harley intervals)
    Hey, what are your thoughts on this after a some more time of ownership?

A^K^T is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Hey, what are your thoughts on this after a some more time of ownership?
    Sorry for the late reply , I haven't been on for a while.

I am still enjoying the bike and have done about 5800km , it's been predominately commuting , popping around to the local shops & visiting friends.
    It's not often that I use anything other than range mode , which is 40% power 80% regen 55% throttle and medium TCS but still has more than enough performance to leave most average cars behind at the lights .
    It always feels like you're in the right gear , but being a single speed the top speed isn't as quick as most bikes.

A couple of things that I don't like are the side stand , dash and no HD connect in Australia.

The bottom of the stand feels like it's sedated and when parking it on a rough surface it grips and the locking mechanism doesn't engage , the bike rolles forward on level ground so it will roll off the stand if you're not careful.
    The dash is only a minor annoyance in that the information that can be displayed either side of the speedo resets to the default blank setting each time the bike is switched off.
    Some of the text on the dash is also a little small , but I am an old fart and my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Sadly I have managed to put it on it's side when I didn't put the side stand down properly in the driveway at home.
    Was leaning it over , looked down and by the time I realised what I had done it was past the point of no return
    Thankfully the frame didn't hit the ground , but I did manage to bend the handlebars , & crack the indicator as well as stuff the handgrip.
    It took about a month to get the parts (still waiting the indicator) and while I was ordering the parts I got the reduced reach seat and frame protectors

In the month I wasn't riding it while I was waiting for the parts the battery dropped from 100 to 98% charge ,as I understand it Teslas have phantom drain.

When I was on the test ride I thought the front tyre was a little flat when the front felt like it wanted to tuck in doing slow speed manoeuvering , but it seems that's just the way they are set up.
    It's only noticeable in slow speed roundabouts or slow speeds .

In short the only regret is that I wasn't able to buy it sooner and I would say that if you get a chance to ride one , do it.
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

UNLEASHED is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 07-07-2023 @ 02:17 PM

Just bought an 04 CBR1100XX! The Ducati 1098S was a beast, but reeeeeally thirsty with the 70mm exhaust and Evo tune...Had a GSXR600 for track days but decided to road it so the slicks had to go and stock fairings back on...

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by UNLEASHED View Post
    Just bought an 04 CBR1100XX! The Ducati 1098S was a beast, but reeeeeally thirsty with the 70mm exhaust and Evo tune...Had a GSXR600 for track days but decided to road it so the slicks had to go and stock fairings back on...
    .. a Blackbird eh! nice jigger those, comfy and a bit of a missile (even if a bit heavy) but still a very good handling bike
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

I have put the money down on a build slot for the next bike , a Savic.
    Like the Livewire , it won't be every ones cup of tea.
    It's an EV , but they are an Australian startup looking to design and build bikes in Australia.
    My bike is about a year away , but I am looking forward to delivery day.

For those that are interested in the Savic.
    https://youtu.be/4D0Zf18dXEU?si=UIp0i6rI6DlZB1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by A^K^T View Post
    Am not used to using a Mac for resizing photos , I tried yesterday and gave up.
    Wound up doing it on my other pc.
    Attachment 8434
    Attachment 8433
    Attachment 8432

Some aspects are taking a little time to get used to , in eco mode it's almost like one peddle driving in a Tesla (have test driven one of those), you pretty much just need to roll off the throttle to slow down with minimal use of the brakes.
    It's about 250kg and a little top heavy , but once you are on the move.
    Last night I charged it to 92% and it had about 75% when I got home from work today, about a 50km round trip.
    Thats about 10km of back streets & the rest highway with speeds from 60-80kph & some roadworks thrown in and stop start traffic.

Cruze control on a motorbike is also a novelty for me but it seems to be fairy simple to use.

The servicing intervals surprised me , first is at 1600km then every 8000 (typical Harley intervals)
    I made the mistake of stopping at a stop sign on Monday & had someone run into the back of the bike.
    The car was a current model and I think it has EyeSight Driver assist (I can see what looks like the hardware in a pic I took).
    It goes to the Harley dealer tomorrow , hopefully they can get the parts.
    The bike was still functional and still charges.
    Have a doctors appointment Thursday as my right calf has been sore , I didn't notice it until a few hours afterwards and saw the bruises on the knees a few days after.
    It was a low speed accident and I stepped off rather than being thrown from the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 10:31 PM

Sorry to hear, hope you are all good.

That bike looks like a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Sorry to hear, hope you are all good.

That bike looks like a beast!
    Thankfully it was low speed and I stepped off the bike as it was going over.
    Funny thing is I walked the 1.8km home but didn't notice the sore left calf until 3 or 4 hours later and only noticed the bruises on the insides of both knees 3 days later.

Thread Information