Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

RATTLER is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 18-07-2014 @ 07:08 AM

Re: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by gassit320 View Post
    29 years of riding sports bikes of various origins, I thought I'd try a Harley XR1200, fatherhood does strange things to you.
    Well, the Harley experiment failed after 6 months and has been replaced by a pristine, 1800km red Ducati 848, one of the nicest bikes I've ever ridden and THE nicest to look at
    Good to hear mate!

Lounge chairs belong in front of the TV! (puts his flak jacket on)

SLugg is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 26-04-2022 @ 05:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RATTLER View Post
    Good to hear mate!

Lounge chairs belong in front of the TV! (puts his flak jacket on)
    tractors belong in a paddock towing a plough (hardens the fcuk up)

not getting in my way on sunday...

markols1 is offline Registered (COPPA) User Last Online: 14-07-2014 @ 03:49 PM

Talking Re: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

Hi I feel so sorry for u guy's that will never understand what's it like to tour on a well fitted out Softail. Yep I have been on lots of sports bikes my last was a gixxer 1000(06) yoshi pipes heads to exhaust power commander dynoed super quick bike (duke 5700 had it just a tab under 300) love the buzz at full noise but alas a few broken bones over the years wrists, back, ankles, rideing style suits 20 -40 yr olds my arse 2hrs tops even had a gel seat then ya had to get off wrists over the tank great if we got younger hey different bikes for different life styles older u get the more u appreciate the lounge chair style lol I give the nod to anyone that rides they all get their good vibes don't matter what u ride as long as u injoy it I recon to all the riders rubber side down stay safe out there cheers Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by markols1 View Post
    Hi I feel so sorry for u guy's that will never understand what's it like to tour on a well fitted out Softail. Yep I have been on lots of sports bikes my last was a gixxer 1000(06) yoshi pipes heads to exhaust power commander dynoed super quick bike (duke 5700 had it just a tab under 300) love the buzz at full noise but alas a few broken bones over the years wrists, back, ankles, rideing style suits 20 -40 yr olds my arse 2hrs tops even had a gel seat then ya had to get off wrists over the tank great if we got younger hey different bikes for different life styles older u get the more u appreciate the lounge chair style lol I give the nod to anyone that rides they all get their good vibes don't matter what u ride as long as u injoy it I recon to all the riders rubber side down stay safe out there cheers Marc.

thats why I own a B King all the benefits of a sports bike without the wrist ache and for an old man like me the perfect bike

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...king-1300.html

heavyduty1340 is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 11-06-2015 @ 06:15 PM

Here is my 2006 softail

Bored and stroked with screaming eagle slugs and HTCC heads, S & S reverse rotation gear drive cams etc etc

Comfortable to ride, and holds its own with most bikes

Got a different rear wheel on it now - a solid disc one, just gotta get a 21" one for the front now

josh111 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 27-02-2013 @ 02:46 PM

2010 yz450f

Quote Originally Posted by josh111 View Post
    2010 yz450f

Geez the frames on these have come a long way from when I was riding dirt bikes.

I bet the power is huge on them now as well

Im too scared of falling of and breaking something now days lol
    The body doesnt like bouncing much once your past 40

josh111 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 27-02-2013 @ 02:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty1340 View Post
    Geez the frames on these have come a long way from when I was riding dirt bikes.

I bet the power is huge on them now as well

Im too scared of falling of and breaking something now days lol
    The body doesnt like bouncing much once your past 40
    They are a dream to ride these days. Power is smooth and plenty, suspension is plush plentiful. Ground is still hard ever...

markols1 is offline Registered (COPPA) User Last Online: 14-07-2014 @ 03:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty1340 View Post

Here is my 2006 softail

Bored and stroked with screaming eagle slugs and HTCC heads, S & S reverse rotation gear drive cams etc etc

Comfortable to ride, and holds its own with most bikes

Got a different rear wheel on it now - a solid disc one, just gotta get a 21" one for the front now
    Hi running the 200 up the rear? ps nice

Quote Originally Posted by markols1 View Post
    Hi running the 200 up the rear? ps nice
    Yep 200 rear - but they flatten out really fast

The paint work was a mates first air brush job, so I reckon he did a bloody good job

defective is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-06-2014 @ 08:09 PM

my new ride

RATTLER is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 18-07-2014 @ 07:08 AM

^^^^ Nice Learners bike there mate!

My son had something similar but unfortunately it won't take you long before you'll want something with a little more grunt

Scotty

ricklloyd is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-06-2013 @ 05:24 AM

zx12r with custom paint work pfm brakes upgraded suspension full pipe work and much more putting out 185 bhp at the wheel ,not enough posts yet to post a pic bike is orange green and white brake line

you can get the hyosung derestricted they are quite a nice bike for the learner.

"zx12r with custom paint work pfm brakes upgraded suspension full pipe work and much more putting out 185 bhp at the wheel ,not enough posts yet to post a pic bike is orange green and white brake line "

need to see the dyno sheet for that one mate..thats rather high for full pipe work..

grandpa spec is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 17-09-2012 @ 08:04 PM

Currently doing up a 1997 DR250R.

Just recently got new tyres (semi-aggressive), helmet, gloves, gear lever, fixed the clutch etc etc.... only a torn seat and a set of indicators away from having her on the road

Carbie was also re-jetted to the largest they could fit and had a full rebuild of the motor about 2 years ago, thing goes like the clappers.

Thread Information