Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

VY5.7LTR is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 17-08-2014 @ 01:14 AM

Re: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by SLugg View Post
    "zx12r with custom paint work pfm brakes upgraded suspension full pipe work and much more putting out 185 bhp at the wheel ,not enough posts yet to post a pic bike is orange green and white brake line "

need to see the dyno sheet for that one mate..thats rather high for full pipe work..
    Hey Slugg check this link out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-12R

If this Wiki is to be believed, In the second paragraph it states that it makes 178hp standard so with that in mind the guy you quoted said above (in bold) would probably include a Power Commander and air filter and maybe velocity stacks as well so 185hp or more is totally believable.
    STEP RIGHT UP PUNK, AND WATCH ME LAY DOWN A RUBBER ROAD TO FREEDOM!!!!!

CunningStunter is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 13-07-2017 @ 06:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VESS60LTR View Post
    Hey Slugg check this link out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-12R

If this Wiki is to be believed, In the second paragraph it states that it makes 178hp standard so with that in mind the guy you quoted said above (in bold) would probably include a Power Commander and air filter and maybe velocity stacks as well so 185hp or more is totally believable.
    +1 easy....as much as I H A T E Kawasaki's, esp the 12 it has such a heavy throttle! But anything made by Kawasaka Heavy Shipping is going to be a boat.... *jokes*

My 05 GSXR had 194.5BHP at PTR in VIC, mind you there's a yoshi cam, head work, PCIII and...."Much more" to quote that other bloke.....pretty disapointed when the 10/11 models are coming out with 160-170 stock read *restricted* form. The Beemers are putting down 200ponies (and very healthy ones at that) so it's all a bit hard to see where it will stop but more importantly why these things should be legal....really I'm all for it but 200bhp on the road = waste of time.

One of the most FUN bikes I've ridden through the 25-40km/hr twisties was....wait for it.....

A lowly RS125.....! Probably making all of 40kw if that and uphills forget it but tight stuff OMG just WOFT everywhere and no brakes....it's fun marching up the inside of the R1 owner who approached the corner at 200kph and had to hard brake > right as a little 125cc 2 smoker was wide open, 180.......the whole way. You never go faster or slower just 1 speed with a billion gear changes.... much fun me likey.

In saying that my last monster GSXR1000 was ALOT of fun - racing. Rode it on the road once and it wanted to kill me, way too stiff suspension set for fast track riding + slicks...on road rubber and a super short pull throttle is no fun whatsoever.

Sorry how did I end up typing all that confirming stuff for a kwaka I shoulda said....*edit*

hahahaha

Scommo is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-09-2011 @ 02:11 AM

Cunning do u ever make a post without big noting yourself with ya fully sick million dollar bike and sweet cornering abilities? Nobody cares mate, these guys are enthusiasts I'm sure u can do better then always mentioning your race bikes and ya sweet skillz.. Hey I raced overseas on motorcycles and have trained with THE best,my abilities dare I say would spank you, who are you btw? My suspension alone was worth 11k north I miss it but I'm sure you'd know it gets $ and time consuming.

I don't undestand why the bragging! I'm sure ya nice bloke but jeeze

Had to get that puff my chest!!

ricklloyd is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-06-2013 @ 05:24 AM

hi guys new to your site so dont want to start a war of words the bike has been done for six years now and does have a pc111r and k/n filters fitted .bike was tuned by f/and/w performance in the uk they are dyno jet uk and it was on the rollers for two hours the tune is great if i can find the dyno print out i will post it up for you

Quote Originally Posted by Scommo View Post
    Cunning do u ever make a post without big noting yourself with ya fully sick million dollar bike and sweet cornering abilities? Nobody cares mate, these guys are enthusiasts I'm sure u can do better then always mentioning your race bikes and ya sweet skillz.. Hey I raced overseas on motorcycles and have trained with THE best,my abilities dare I say would spank you, who are you btw? My suspension alone was worth 11k north I miss it but I'm sure you'd know it gets $ and time consuming.

I don't undestand why the bragging! I'm sure ya nice bloke but jeeze

Had to get that puff my chest!!
    LOL I think you misunderstand why I say it > the fact it's long winded is because I'm also a passionate enthusiast as you put it, and have many a time acknowledged my lack of well....knowledge in the car arena.

In many of my long winded posts I have also mentioned this so let me keep them shorter. Something like this suit you better ? :

+1 agree with above. Every single bike lining up in any stock category in any country in the world (shit I can't even keep this short lol) with simple mods, be it Fairyblades, Arrggh1s, Gixxers and the like will easily make the sort of power VESS mentions.

Aside from that, I did say the bike had the basic mods VESS referred to and 'much more' so as not to brag about MY 10K Ohlins suspension as you have but hey I really don't wanna go there. Who am I? Well I'm passionate about anything with wheels and an engine. Planes almost qualify but then if cars and bikes are expensive I shudder at the thought of going that route.

I guess my refernce to 'my fully sik cornering skillz' (did I really say that? Really now In all my posts???) I was just trying to give the impression of why a smaller bike, quite often on the road, is a better choice than the biggest baddest sports bike around would you not agree?

If I really wanted to brag, well really I'm a nobody. I have been a founding member of one of Aus's bigger stunt riding teams, hoping it might help me launch a racing career, which it didn't BTW so back to working hard to pay for everything so I hit up a few races here but trying to race bikes in Aus is extremely difficult. As you've eluded, you've also raced OS, The stoner Family (GO CASEY didn't bother racing here instead pretty well skipping straight to Europe. Whilst being not quite double Casey's age, the same weight and about 1/10th the talent it doesn't equal the best equation....but seriously you wanna put these claims to me and then go onto say you've trained with the best, been there done that would spank the likes of you young whipper snapper.....come on....the way I look at it is this, if along the way I can help, learn, promote business's who've been extremely generous then I see now harm, but I am sorry I seem to have struck a chord and I'd like to dispell any myths here and now.

Look, I'm really not bragging. Just passionate. Ask a few of the LS1 members about our offline conversations about music. Where I lack knowledge, LS1 has helped so if there's something I feel I might have a bit of input on, in a thread, or assisting someone offline, well I apologse for going over the top with it.

Accepted?

Scommo is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-09-2011 @ 02:11 AM

Haha mate we are all enthusiasts in the end, I was just getting sick of the constant IMO bragging. All good but mate I just had to say it, you sound like a very nice bloke I guess you just came off the wrong way, well to me anyway. No my suspension was P.C should give you a hint of where I'm coming from...sounds like you've contributed quiet a bit to the Aus scene well done should be very proud! And yer you are passionate, I'd say I'm probably getting ahead of myself probably being a dick, and am guilty of the same ramblings to my non moto friends haha the amount of times ive been told to STFU well
    let's say quiet a bit LOL

Anyway good stuff mate I apologies too

Hi mate, all good. Honestly not bragging, you're entitled to your opinion of course but I think if we ever met we'd probably get along like a house on fire.
    I take extreme exception at the 'constant bragging' comment though and strongly disagree.

My problem has and always will be, I type super fast so tend to type as though I was there in person chatting to someone. I tend to ramble on a bit and then when I reply to your initial post and write that much most ppl tend to think I'm 'ranting' or having a go, of course I just need to find a way to use less words to say the same thing and obviously in a way that doesn't get ppl off side!

It's a 'What do you ride thread' and if you feel this way then the few posts I do have in this thread may well be pissing everyone else off as well so this will be my last addition to this one considering I have nothing to add.

cheers

Spoolin is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 21-11-2013 @ 01:54 PM

Sold my Ducati 600 Monster Dark one day and bought this the next...

1UZTT is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 26-08-2013 @ 10:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RATTLER View Post
    A photo from last weekend

10.5@143mp/h

The bike has an easy 9 in it but I'm not used to riding the 1/4 so will get there......eventually

[img][/img]
    The pro drag racers apparently took a stock kwak zzr14 to a low 9 second quarter. Amazing.

kriminal is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-07-2016 @ 04:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
    Sold my Ducati 600 Monster Dark one day and bought this the next...

my dream bike.... i want a 848 (wet clutch instead of dry in the 1048) but i have something in my head telling me not to get one... shes my wife.

but what a sexy bike

1UZTT is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 26-08-2013 @ 10:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by scotty82 View Post
    Hi guys,

Here is my 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R. Its the Rapid Bikes magazine project bike which some of you may have seen.

Mods are the following:

Bazzaz computer with traction control and quickshifter
    KRT head gasket to raise comp
    Racefit Growler exhaust
    Powerbronze headlight protectors
    Powerbronze windscreen
    Powerbronze carbon fibre side covers
    Powerbronze fender eliminator with LED diamond blinkers
    RadGuard
    Oggy knobs
    DP brake pads
    Rearsets
    Pickup stand knobs
    Preload adjusters
    Billet master cylinder cap

I have had it for about 6 months now and absolutely love it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    What's the Traction Control like? Must be a surreal feeling...Is it adjustable for conditions (rain, dry etc.)?

VY5.7LTR is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 17-08-2014 @ 01:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CunningStunter View Post
    LOL I think you misunderstand why I say it > the fact it's long winded is because I'm also a passionate enthusiast as you put it, and have many a time acknowledged my lack of well....knowledge in the car arena.

In many of my long winded posts I have also mentioned this so let me keep them shorter. Something like this suit you better ? :

+1 agree with above. Every single bike lining up in any stock category in any country in the world (shit I can't even keep this short lol) with simple mods, be it Fairyblades, Arrggh1s, Gixxers and the like will easily make the sort of power VESS mentions.

Aside from that, I did say the bike had the basic mods VESS referred to and 'much more' so as not to brag about MY 10K Ohlins suspension as you have but hey I really don't wanna go there. Who am I? Well I'm passionate about anything with wheels and an engine. Planes almost qualify but then if cars and bikes are expensive I shudder at the thought of going that route.

I guess my refernce to 'my fully sik cornering skillz' (did I really say that? Really now In all my posts???) I was just trying to give the impression of why a smaller bike, quite often on the road, is a better choice than the biggest baddest sports bike around would you not agree?

If I really wanted to brag, well really I'm a nobody. I have been a founding member of one of Aus's bigger stunt riding teams, hoping it might help me launch a racing career, which it didn't BTW so back to working hard to pay for everything so I hit up a few races here but trying to race bikes in Aus is extremely difficult. As you've eluded, you've also raced OS, The stoner Family (GO CASEY didn't bother racing here instead pretty well skipping straight to Europe. Whilst being not quite double Casey's age, the same weight and about 1/10th the talent it doesn't equal the best equation....but seriously you wanna put these claims to me and then go onto say you've trained with the best, been there done that would spank the likes of you young whipper snapper.....come on....the way I look at it is this, if along the way I can help, learn, promote business's who've been extremely generous then I see now harm, but I am sorry I seem to have struck a chord and I'd like to dispell any myths here and now.

Look, I'm really not bragging. Just passionate. Ask a few of the LS1 members about our offline conversations about music. Where I lack knowledge, LS1 has helped so if there's something I feel I might have a bit of input on, in a thread, or assisting someone offline, well I apologse for going over the top with it.

Accepted?
    Gday CS,
    Yeah I know what you mean with making all this insane power with the newer bikes. Mines a 2002 GSXR1000 with basic mods with 167hp@ wheel and thats quick enough for what I want.
    I actually was refering to Rick Lloyd's bike but thanks for the interesting read mate anyway.

Rick Lloyd

Post up some pics mate would love to see ya bike
    STEP RIGHT UP PUNK, AND WATCH ME LAY DOWN A RUBBER ROAD TO FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VESS60LTR View Post
    Gday CS,
    Yeah I know what you mean with making all this insane power with the newer bikes. Mines a 2002 GSXR1000 with basic mods with 167hp@ wheel and thats quick enough for what I want.
    I actually was refering to Rick Lloyd's bike but thanks for the interesting read mate anyway.

Rick Lloyd

Post up some pics mate would love to see ya bike
    I have a few pics of me stuntin at www.cunningstunts.com (I am the one they call J-rad under 'TEAM' hahahaha which is simply my name jarrad shortened.) I also have a sub domain for my racing which takes priority although I haven't updated it for sometime due to change in classes....before anyone starts on me, the vid footage is sh1t, the footage is from EC in 2009 for my very first ever race LOL so I've had my fair share of comments around me racing in the classes I have been. Been doing pretty good, surprised myself so much on a bike I had no right to be racing that I've taken a step back to race in the stock class where outright $$ plays less of a part in winning....

www.racing.cunningstunts.com

As passionate as my posts have been I guess my main point is, esp for road riding, a 40Kw RS125 (or however little power they make) can be as much fun if not more than the firebreathing 180BHP+ litre bike. . . .in saying that I know which one I'd rather run around Philip Island > same can be said for Wackyfield......and since I don't road ride anymore my opinion can be taken as just that.....

Anyhow, somewhere above I promised not to brag so showing pics and footage of how crap I am should solve that!

ricklloyd is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-06-2013 @ 05:24 AM

i will put some pics up when i have done the 20 posts it is very love or hate it paint job

Kalby is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 17-12-2012 @ 05:09 PM

I ride a husky smr510 love it

Thread Information