Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

Rors is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 08-06-2011 @ 12:03 PM

Re: Show and Tell: What bike do you ride?? - Part 1

Here's a couple pics of my Daytona 675 SE.

Wallace44 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 24-01-2013 @ 10:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post
    Beautiful bike man but get yourself a fender eliminator. That number plate bracket is as massive as it is ugly.
    lol - yes i do need one.

I like the KTM one, but @ $550 it's a bit rich.

Have seen some people have bad experiences with indicators flashing at wrong speeds and what not, so am still trying to decide what's going to be best.

Rors is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 08-06-2011 @ 12:03 PM

That is the comp werkes fender eliminator kit fitted to my pearl white daytona 675 in the picture above. It is the best I have seen as it totally cleans up the rear of the bike and comes with the turn signals you can see mounted on the exhaust heatshield. No problem with flashing speeds etc. The only thing is I doubt it's legal to have the number plate mounted where it is (in front of the back wheel) but hardly any coppers know what they're looking at anyway and it looks 10 x better.

I'm sure they would make one for the KTM. From memory I paid $185 delivered to my door from the US. The exchange rate is much better now so it's probably a very good time to grab one. Try www.sportbiketrackgear.com

LewyCX8 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 05-09-2013 @ 07:34 PM

Love the RC8. Pity to hear KTM are still having problems with the LC8 motor.

I had an 05 950Adv and it was an awesome bike, only let down by reliability issues.

Having a crap KTM dealer didn't help.

lee ls1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-06-2014 @ 09:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LewyCX8 View Post
    Love the RC8. Pity to hear KTM are still having problems with the LC8 motor.

I had an 05 950Adv and it was an awesome bike, only let down by reliability issues.

Having a crap KTM dealer didn't help.
    Yeh there a great bike, well KTM in general in my IMO my girlfriend rides a 200 EXC and thats a great bit of gear.
    Brought the RC8 into work today to cheer me up for the weekend , once the oil problem was fixed, very happy with bike and the dealer in Penrith were very good with me, but like you said not all dealers are good (that goes with any car/bike brand etc) you get good and bad in all
    Last edited by lee ls1; 29-10-2010 at 11:59 AM.

LewyCX8 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 05-09-2013 @ 07:34 PM

For sure. The dealer I bought my 640 motard from where great. I got a better deal on trading that for the 950 at a closer dealer.

Once he had my money though, it went downhill. Only good thing is, he is no longer a KTM dealer

J_VZUTE is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-06-2017 @ 10:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace44 View Post
    lol - yes i do need one.

I like the KTM one, but @ $550 it's a bit rich.

Have seen some people have bad experiences with indicators flashing at wrong speeds and what not, so am still trying to decide what's going to be best.
    Anything with KTM on it is fairly pricey lol

GMMAD is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 23-09-2022 @ 10:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
    Hi lads.

Got my first bike a few weeks back. It's a 2001 WR 400.
    Previous owner had some work done to it. Jetted carby, cam timing and Barrett pipe etc. I've never ridden a standard one but other people who have ridden before have mentioned it goes pretty well. They have also mentioned that it probably isn't the most learner friendly bike but one might aswell start big.
    Future plans for it is to get it tidied up and keep it as reliable as possible.

Heres a pic of it when i got it. Please excuse the mess in the background!

when are you coming down for a ride?

GM
    Did I misspell something? Please contact my editor at 1-800-E@T-$hit.

trialweis is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 24-05-2013 @ 05:58 AM

2000 Model Suzuki Hayabusa Blue and silver King of bling !!
    Every thing that can be polished or chromed has been done unfortunately I am unable to post pics because of being new to the forum and low post count.

hlucin8 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-04-2023 @ 03:01 PM

Kawasaki ZZR1100D1
    currently been off the road for just over 2 months. A radiator hose blew so while i was waiting for the new hoses to arrive (from the uk) i stripped her down and fixxed and cracks, the fairing tank and mirrors are all at the painter now. we meant to get them back tomorrow but looking more like end of the week now
    also ordered so new callipers for her as well. cleaned them up just need to get some new pads and fit them up now. GSXR1000 K1 6 piston calipers. a nice upgrade from the factory 4 piston calipers so im told.

KeenGolfer is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 21-10-2023 @ 05:45 PM

Picked up this at the weekend:

2001 Honda Fireblade 929, 7500 kms only.

GMHVNSS is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 06-09-2013 @ 12:19 PM

Nice, Erion racing colors makes it a bit of a rarity.

RSVDon is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2013 @ 02:49 AM

Aprilia RSV Mille, US Spec

Mods:
    Giannelli Titanium slip-on
    Giannelli EPROM
    DDM 5000K 55W HID
    Supersprox lightweight steel sprocket
    Geared down 16/44
    Frame/Swingarm sliders
    04 RSV1000RR mirrors
    Removed rear license frame
    Integrated rear signals

Love this bike to death, 1000cc with V-twin torque is gorgeous and it's extremely easy and comfortable to ride.

SSideways is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 17-12-2010 @ 10:27 AM

Been through a few bikes, dirt, jap, euro, then couple of harleys.

My current HD, is a CVO (Screaming Eagle) FatBob, 110 cube of fun.

Also for the dirty weekends have a little CR250, it's a pretty angry race set-up which is buckets of fun. Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.

msjwood is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-04-2023 @ 10:49 PM

2005 Fatboy-sort of. About the only part of the bike not altered from stock is the dash panel, and front axle. Has an intercooled Procharger, SE 211 cams, V & H 2-2 pipes, 95 cube kit, flowed heads, Thundermax ECU, 240 rear end, 27 litre tank, PM Marquee wheels, PM Contour forward controls, 1.5" Burleigh mid weston bars, raked frame, 4" over forks & chrome everything, but stock paint scheme (black cherry with pearl black). Probably 140RWHP, 180 nm torque. Rode it to Perth last Xmas, and ride to the Supers at Phillip Island every year, from Wollongong, so it's much more than a bar hopper. Most expensive toy I've ever owned. I can't even ride it to work-would you leave a $70,000 bike parked next to the Unanderra Hotel all day? I think I've created a monster. I love it.
    Cheers, Mike
    Last edited by msjwood; 15-12-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Thread Information