Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 410ci L98 Boost Build

HOWQUICK is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 01-08-2022 @ 08:58 PM

Re: 410ci L98 Boost Build

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Email sent, i've been communicating regarding the cylinder heads, its kind of out of my control.

But good news is on the horizon for David

Fraser
    why take money off people for parts you don't have it stock? Deposit is one thing but to bill the total and then say it is "out of my control" is totally unethical and extremely poor business practice.

lesson for online buyers here....MAKE SURE THEY HAVE STOCK BEFORE THEY SWIPE YOUR CARD!
    "Turbochargers are for people who can't build engines"-Keith Duckworth Designer of the Cosworth V8.

VYSHSV8 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2014 @ 11:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by HOWQUICK View Post
    why take money off people for parts you don't have it stock? Deposit is one thing but to bill the total and then say it is "out of my control" is totally unethical and extremely poor business practice.

lesson for online buyers here....MAKE SURE THEY HAVE STOCK BEFORE THEY SWIPE YOUR CARD!
    100% correct or atleast a guarantee if its not in stock within a certain time I will refund full amount, and have it in writing so there is no comebacks etc , nothing worse than waiting on parts for a build.
    But yes there are sometimes unforcene circumstances on the odd occasion and its only a ph call to let people know
    Under a bonnet listening for knock with my earmuffs on

HYMEY is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 27-11-2021 @ 06:20 AM

Fraser is supplying my engine parts aswell, I have bought parts from Fraser aswell, although it may not be as easy for him now he isn't at speed inc?

To start with communication was great, still is just seams to be tapering off now. Sorry to bust into your thread Tre but I am waiting on heads, crank, also I am pushing for the manifold, I have asked for when they turn up to shoot me an email and even something as simple as letting me know if my custom cam turns up, I feel as though I have to get angry to communicate. I don't take things lightly and those that know me know what I get like and I will have no hesitation to fly over there to front them in person. Or just get money back through the bank. I am not even hearing excuses. SO FRASER READ IT PPL ARE F^&&&& PISSED and there will be shit done about it so get your act together cause I am f&&&ing over it.!

Fraser is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 21-08-2017 @ 10:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by HYMEY View Post
    Fraser is supplying my engine parts aswell, I have bought parts from Fraser aswell, although it may not be as easy for him now he isn't at speed inc?

To start with communication was great, still is just seams to be tapering off now. Sorry to bust into your thread Tre but I am waiting on heads, crank, also I am pushing for the manifold, I have asked for when they turn up to shoot me an email and even something as simple as letting me know if my custom cam turns up, I feel as though I have to get angry to communicate. I don't take things lightly and those that know me know what I get like and I will have no hesitation to fly over there to front them in person. Or just get money back through the bank. I am not even hearing excuses. SO FRASER READ IT PPL ARE F^&&&& PISSED and there will be shit done about it so get your act together cause I am f&&&ing over it.!
    Joel

You didn't have this attitude when I sent you a pic of your custom pistons /rods when they showed up 2 weeks ago?

So to say no communication, i'd say is inaccurate?

Bottom line, you want your stuff done, I understand that, stuff the communication, customers want results, not hot air talk.
    Last edited by Fraser; 03-09-2011 at 11:52 AM.

HYMEY is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 27-11-2021 @ 06:20 AM

Well atleast we are getting somewhere Fraser, I do my best to hold it in.

vuss383 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 31-03-2016 @ 05:54 PM

Fraser , maybe you should just spill the beans as to what's causing the delays before too much damage is done. We all know that giving a reason could restore some faith in future purchases .
    2007 Textralia LS1 Drag Nationals LSSS WINNER
    2007 V8 Owners Willowbank private day DYO WINNER

Street Boxer is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 15-06-2014 @ 01:00 PM

Hey Tre Cool any more news on the build? Have read the thread with great interest as ur build is a path I would likely go down also.. Sorry to others for digging up an old thread, was using the search function..

Tre-Cool is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 12:01 AM

build is still going ahead, just stopped at the moment while im at the start of a new job.

Also doesnt help that i've just spent another 1700 bucks on a set of new 2" extractors for my ve. oops lol.

but to the original topic, parts are all at home, i just need to get some money togethor before dropping it off to SQP to assemble.

I have also decided to go twin turbo with a set of gtx35's on custom high mount manifolds instead of a harrop or whipple blower.

Thinking of going water to air barrel coolers instead of the normal front mount too, but we shall see.
    It's happened before, It will all happen again.

Tre-Cool is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 12:01 AM

Small update. motor is built but i wont pick it up for a couple of weeks till after my next work swing. then there is a fair bit of work to do for running fuel/water lines etc.

Update 28/12/2012

As usual, things are progressing ever so slowly. (been helping a mate with his burnout car, working on my ve, dad's ve and work schedule)

I've had the completed engine for a few months now and it's been put back into the car along with all the drivetrain etc, however in my brilliance decided that while it was allready off the road i might as well put some dynamat in.

That all went well, even if it did take me a month or so to finish.

Ordered some ID1000 Injectors, installed along with polished fuel rails. Installed new -8 fuel line to replace the old -6 feed line.
    2 x new 044 pumps and a shitload of new fittings - just need wiring done
    battery relocation to the tray - about 80% complete

ordered tial v-band 1.06 housings from the usa - arrived
    ordered GTX 3582 turbo's and tial mvs38's today
    ordered ve brembo kit off ebay - arrived
    i got some ve to vy adapter brackets for above brakes a few months ago

When i get back home in jan, I'm going to send the harness over to Justin @ Ultimate Conversion Wiring to change out the injector plugs and put wiring in to suit an eboost2, so i dont have to worry about tapping into wiring at a later date.

Waiting on availability of my fabricator to make the turbo manifolds but needless to say it needs to be completed by march so i can run it in before a runway event in April.

Update 26/1/2013

So last week the night before i flew to work, I got the engine started for a minute or so. I didnt run it for long as it was 8:45pm and motor only had extractors on, but the engine had oil pressure and came to a perfect idle with the xspurt 1000 injectors. So i was happy and left it.

If the weather permits, my dad is going to remove the exhaust and extractors from my race car over the weekend and I will install it back on the vy when i get back next week. So i can put some km's on the new motor before the twin turbo kit is fab's up for it.

With any luck it I'm hoping it will crack the 330rwkw mark in it's NA form.

VYSHSV8 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2014 @ 11:55 AM

410ci L98 Boost Build

Good to hear Dave
    Under a bonnet listening for knock with my earmuffs on

Evman is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 11-12-2016 @ 11:07 AM

Can't wait to see it all together Dave

feistl is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 11-09-2018 @ 10:27 AM

I demand an update

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by feistl View Post
    I demand an update

I second the motion!

Thread Information