Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

Solone is offline Account Frozen Last Online: 14-10-2013 @ 06:35 AM

Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

Looking at wheels and motor magazines and although not tested on the same day it seems the fpv f6 and gt seem to go 0-100km/h in low 5s and quarter mile in low 13s

The hsv products are about the same, within one or two tenths of the fpv product. But all I read in threads is how the fpv products will kill the hsv products straight line? Kill? A few tenths at the most? To me that puts them on par.

In fact looking back over the years, only the chevy 5.7s legitimately had it all over the old 5.0 fords but when ford came out with the bigger 5.4 all I can see is a few tenths either way. But all this talk of one killing the other?

Is it an extreme exaggeration to say the fpv kills the hsv when there is a coat of paint between them over the quarter mile.

Re: Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

your thoughts? How much of a difference is 1 or 2 tenths over the quarter? a few metres?

sixlta is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 31-12-2015 @ 01:18 PM

I don't agree in fpv killing hsv in any real world driving. I am a true Holden fan, but ford have delivered a brilliant car in the new range, yes there quicker in a straight line, but in everyday driving, does it make that much of a difference? I believe hsv have a better all round package.I know the e3 looks are a bit of a sour note for quite a few, but overall a better car, having said that, I would happily take a new sc ford if I had the funds available!

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Mate, these FPV verses HSV threads have been done to death, even one very recently started by a FPV fanboy about HSV being scared to supply cars for testing (supposedly)...

sjhugh is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-05-2023 @ 11:52 PM

I clicked the thanks button on Cashie’s post to see what he had to say and got nothing. I obviously misunderstood what to do and f*&ked it up. To the OP, get a life.

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by sjhugh View Post
    I clicked the thanks button on Cashie’s post to see what he had to say and got nothing. I obviously misunderstood what to do and f*&ked it up. To the OP, get a life.

Don't know what happened there... I just posted:

Mate, these FPV verses HSV threads have been done to death, even one very recently started by a FPV fanboy about HSV being scared to supply cars for testing (supposedly)..

In case you didnt understand, this is a pro HSV thread.

The differences in my opinion performance wise are negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Solone View Post
    In case you didnt understand, this is a pro HSV thread.

The differences in my opinion performance wise are negligible.
    What's your question?
    Who has stated that the FPV product "kills" the HSV product?
    I certainly haven't read this in the media reviews I've read/seen.

As has been stated many times, the FPV is very fast in a straight line, is under tyred in the rear, but in most reviews I saw/read the HSV came out on top overall.

SSer is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-06-2017 @ 04:32 PM

I understand peoples passion in discussing things like this, but is it possible to move this (and others like it) into the Tarpit? I dont see any real value in having pissing contests in the General forums.

OMR346 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 26-06-2014 @ 07:51 PM

your thoughts? How much of a difference is 1 or 2 tenths over the quarter? a few metres?
    2 tenths over a 1/4 mile, depending on the actual times, could be a couple of car lengths.

And FYI, there are standard SC GT's running very low 12's and apparently some are even breaking in to the 11's. I have also seen stock F6's running mid 12's.

I am a GM man, always have and always will be, but that definitely deserves credit.
    mmmm Nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by OMR346 View Post
    2 tenths over a 1/4 mile, depending on the actual times, could be a couple of car lengths.

And FYI, there are standard SC GT's running very low 12's and apparently some are even breaking in to the 11's. I have also seen stock F6's running mid 12's.

I am a GM man, always have and always will be, but that definitely deserves credit.

this above is the general attitude.. basically saying the FPV kills the HSV. Low 12s and 11s from a standard car?
    Last edited by Solone; 28-12-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cashie View Post
    What's your question?

As has been stated many times, the FPV is very fast in a straight line, is under tyred in the rear, but in most reviews I saw/read the HSV came out on top overall.
    That 4vman in the other thread correctly pointed out that HSV no longer make their cars available to be tested up against the FPV products as its like flogging a dead horse? Whereas prior to the release of the supercharged FPV GT, every second month saw a HSV vs FPV comparison.

Some guy was being smart at my work and showed me a magazine which tested the FPV GS around a track and it was against a HSV clubsport. They said the GS didnt handle anywhere near the HSV but it was still 3 seconds a lap quicker. Just to have a go at me because I have a VE SS
    Last edited by Solone; 28-12-2011 at 02:46 PM.

OMR346 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 26-06-2014 @ 07:51 PM

this above is the general attitude.. basically saying the FPV kills the HSV. Low 12s and 11s from a standard car?
    In a straight line race, yes, they do kill the HSV's. Facts are facts. There might be some out there, but I am yet to see a stock VE HSV run low 12's. And low 12 against a high 12 is a big difference.

But that is about all the FPV has over the HSV. Besides looks (not a fan of the E3), but that is subjective to the individual.

And as we all know, it isn't all about straight line speed.
    mmmm Nitrous

SM1DY is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 23-12-2015 @ 07:46 PM

The only time your really going to see a difference between these cars is if your on the track or at the strip and even then it is likely some modification is done so them so they can't be accurately compared. Whether FPV has the upper hand with power or HSV with its tight chassis set-up, you'll never see any significant differences. I'm still convinced that most journalists that are reviewing these two cars (GT v GTS) are just regurgitating the same drivel whether it is what they think or not.

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cashie View Post
    What's your question?

Spot on.. that has been the opinion of reports I've read. No doubt, FPV "finally" have a good engine (& they certainly needed it!), but to say the FPV product "kills" the HSV product is simply..rubbish.
    Cheers, Pickles.

Thread Information