Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

sixlta is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 31-12-2015 @ 01:18 PM

Re: Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by Solone View Post
    That 4vman in the other thread correctly pointed out that HSV no longer make their cars available to be tested up against the FPV products as its like flogging a dead horse? Whereas prior to the release of the supercharged FPV GT, every second month saw a HSV vs FPV comparison.

Some guy was being smart at my work and showed me a magazine which tested the FPV GS around a track and it was against a HSV clubsport. They said the GS didnt handle anywhere near the HSV but it was still 3 seconds a lap quicker. Just to have a go at me because I have a VE SS

Yep, have had that mag dropped on the table in front of me many time by the ford boys at work! But I would still rather have my ve ssv over the ford product!

planetdavo is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 01-10-2014 @ 07:44 PM

You really can tell when the various holiday seasons during the year arrive can't you...

Xjas is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-11-2023 @ 07:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by sixlta View Post
    Yep, have had that mag dropped on the table in front of me many time by the ford boys at work! But I would still rather have my ve ssv over the ford product!
    I dont understand the point of that, they are bragging because a car they wish the owned was faster than a car that is similar but not the same as the one you actually own... just silly really, I wish I owned a SL65 AMG black, lets see a comparison between one of those and a Ford GT and see which one is better.... There is no doubt the FPV GT is an amazing bit of kit but really unless you own one you have no real right to brag about it and say its better than anyone elses car.

feistl is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 11-09-2018 @ 10:27 AM

Its very much as simple as this...

Headline 1 - NEW HSV KILL FORD - Read about it here
    Headline 2 - New FPV KILLS HSV - Read about it here
    Headline 3 - HSV and FPV - Its all pretty much the same.

Tell me, which do you think is going to sell more magazines?

Same way news programs advertise their stories. Last nights fuel hike was a classic example "Fuel companies rip customers off on christmas with massive price hike". When you actually listen to the story, the price jumped by 14c which is EXACTLY what its been doing over the weekly/fortnightly cycle for the last 18 months. Hardly newsworthy at best, but of course you cant advertise a program with "OMGBBQHACKWTF everything is fine" can you?

VYBerlinaV8 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-05-2023 @ 03:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by feistl View Post
    Its very much as simple as this...

Headline 1 - NEW HSV KILL FORD - Read about it here
    Headline 2 - New FPV KILLS HSV - Read about it here
    Headline 3 - HSV and FPV - Its all pretty much the same.

Tell me, which do you think is going to sell more magazines?

Same way news programs advertise their stories. Last nights fuel hike was a classic example "Fuel companies rip customers off on christmas with massive price hike". When you actually listen to the story, the price jumped by 14c which is EXACTLY what its been doing over the weekly/fortnightly cycle for the last 18 months. Hardly newsworthy at best, but of course you cant advertise a program with "OMGBBQHACKWTF everything is fine" can you?
    This is EXACTLY the point. Journalistic integrity is a thing of the past, and the pressure is on the sell mags to increase advertising $$.

The reality is that there is no perfect manufacturer, or even car. Both Ford and Holden have, over the years, made some ripper cars as well as some absolute stinkers, just like other manufacturers. FWIW, during the mids 90s I thought the Ford product was way better than the Holden product, but during the early 2000s I thought Holden had it all over Ford. These days, I don't particularly like either of them, which I why I bought a Subaru instead this year. The big kicker for me is reliability - I don't think either Ford or Holden has the build quality or reliability of the good Japanese brands.

So what does this rant mean? It means buy the car you like. Who really cares about a few tenths either way?

Plenty is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-04-2017 @ 06:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Solone View Post
    this above is the general attitude.. basically saying the FPV kills the HSV. Low 12s and 11s from a standard car?
    Because this " Low 12s and 11s from a standard car" is Bullshit!, funny how the media never manage to get hold of these freaky low 12sec cars.

How do you know they are stock, unlessit is your car!

lukemcg is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-08-2022 @ 03:22 PM

As far as I'm concerned they are a different kettle of fish. NA V8 against a Blown V8? Factory blower or not, its still a blower! Of course it has every chance of being quicker. Strap a low boost blower onto the 6.2L and see what happens in a straight line.

Spoolin is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 21-11-2013 @ 01:54 PM

Kill? No! Compete quite well against the HSV product, yes!
    Horses for courses, the FPV is no slouch down the quater mile, neither is the HSV, but the FPV certainly has a distinctive edge. With minimal mods, they are weapons in a straight line. As an example, my GS ute, with 20 x 9.5" rims running 265 30 20 Nankang NS2's, ran a respectable 13.1 @ 110mph with a 2.1 sixty foot. It's certainly not slow, all it has is a K&N filter and KPM cat back, these without a tune add next to no horspower.
    There is no doubt HSV have the handling aspect covered in comparison the FPV, but are now falling behind in the motor department.

I guess you have two choices. By a HSV and throw some serious cash at it to give it some comparable grunt and leave the suspension pretty much alone, or buy the FPV, throw $1,800 at a tune, pull 360rwkw and spend the rest on suspension....Call is yours, but the fact remains you need to not only afford the base car but the mods...or you're just another wannabe!

I'm looking forward to a tune...

185iboy is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 30-06-2021 @ 04:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Plenty View Post
    Because this " Low 12s and 11s from a standard car" is Bullshit!, funny how the media never manage to get hold of these freaky low 12sec cars.

How do you know they are stock, unlessit is your car!
    The media tests them differently, my turbo ran a 12.8 on 19's with 1000kms on it. The best someone did in a stock F6 310 is 12.3, it's not that hard to believe seeing as a 336kw C63 does the same numbers. I encourage you to rent one and take it to the track.

Holden have dominated the power stakes for so long that now FPV have done something worth talking about it's causing a ruccus like it's IMPOSSIBLE anything can be quicker than a LS3. It's possible...but horses for courses. I'm into low fuel consumption, low noise and speed, 2 years ago I wanted loud n/a V8's and didn't give two shits about petrol. Everyones different and we have all aspects available to us on the market whether you want a turbo 6, s/c v8 or n/a v8 so be happy and drive what you want. If anyone cant handle that another car is faster than them either grow up or go drop some more $$$ at your car in vain.

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Drive both and it's pretty clear which one is faster.

Blown 540 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 10-05-2019 @ 06:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Drive both and it's pretty clear which one is faster.
    How many guesses do i get macca,see your still in katherine,been a bit wet latley,still happy there ?

Solone is offline Account Frozen Last Online: 14-10-2013 @ 06:35 AM

another magazine commonly dropped before me is one which has a older 5.4 FPV out muscling the 6.2 HSV on a dyno. The ford people even think the 5.4 is better than the 6.2

trying to argue with them is like pounding your head on the wall.

bouka is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-10-2015 @ 02:19 PM

In a straight line there is no contest.

In the real world, the new GT's are very fast. Roll on from 60klm onwards the LS3 will be overwhelmed.

It would be nice to see some constructive posts and maybe let this thread last for more than five minutes.

Plenty is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-04-2017 @ 06:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 185iboy View Post
    The media tests them differently, my turbo ran a 12.8 on 19's with 1000kms on it. The best someone did in a stock F6 310 is 12.3, it's not that hard to believe seeing as a 336kw C63 does the same numbers. I encourage you to rent one and take it to the track.
    12.8 stock at the strip is quite believable but your talking mid to low 12s and even into the 11s stock...... FYI wheels tested the C63 AMG Performance Pack which has 358KW 600NM with a kerb weight of 1716KG and ran a 12.5.

I don't think anyone on here is denying the fact the Coyote is the faster straight line package, the ones getting upset are the FPV followers, even with such a powerhouse drivetrain they still don't win the reviews OR the sales! It's funny how all these "stock" cars can do these amazing times when Spoolin from above has a K & N filter and cat back exhaust pulled a 13.1sec.
    Last edited by Plenty; 29-12-2011 at 11:14 AM.

bouka is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-10-2015 @ 02:19 PM

Spoiling has a GS, not a GT.

GT every bit as quick as C63.

Thread Information