Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

csv rulz is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-06-2023 @ 09:14 PM

Re: Does the fpv product really kill the hsv's or exaggerated

After going for a very quick spin in Bouka's GT I believe the GT's are extremly quick and would leave an LS3 in rolling acceleration. However it did seem to struggle for traction even with traction control turned on and I believe from a standing start 0-100km there would not be much in it, I think it would come down to the driver.

On a drag strip you have to remember its a shit load sticker than on the road so this would somewhat help the GT's traction issues and im not suprised that very quick times are being posted from stock cars considering how much grunt is on tap. I think high 12's is very believable, however I would highly doubt 11's. I worked trackside at Calder a couple of weekends ago and supercharged GTS's were running low to mid 12's.

bouka is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-10-2015 @ 02:19 PM

Spot on CSV.

There have been several run mid 12's. This is the norm (12.3 to 12.7) when the track is sticky. 11's stock is a lie. They have all run between 113-115mph, regardless of the times. Even the ones in the magazines.

I think the mph sais it all.

steve_t is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 13-03-2014 @ 07:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by csv rulz View Post
    I think high 12's is very believable, however I would highly doubt 11's. I worked trackside at Calder a couple of weekends ago and supercharged GTS's were running low to mid 12's.
    I'd have thought a SC GTS would crack into the 11's. Would a supercharged GTS typically be 450-480fwkw? Too much weight?

csv rulz is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-06-2023 @ 09:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    I'd have thought a SC GTS would crack into the 11's. Would a supercharged GTS typically be 450-480fwkw? Too much weight?
    Not sure, all I know was that there were 2 VE GTS with supercharges running low to mid 12's, it was a very hot day and a bit of wind around that might not have helped. Also I guess a lot would come down to how good the driver was.
    There were a few suprise packets:
    There was a stock looking Turbo terry that ran a 12.2, Toyota Starlet that ran a flat 10, very old 90's HSV astra that ran a flat 10, sigma wagon that ran a 10.2. Obviously cars with a fair amount of mods. There was an ss ute and an ss crewman that broke into the 12's

etrocket is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 26-03-2015 @ 06:52 AM

Considering most people (99%) are after a complete package, performance, safety, looks, cost and not 1/4 times the hsv range is still king

My opinion only

Spoolin is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 21-11-2013 @ 01:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Plenty View Post
    It's funny how all these "stock" cars can do these amazing times when Spoolin from above has a K & N filter and cat back exhaust pulled a 13.1sec.
    And to keep it in context unlike you have...You missed the bit of running on 265 30 20's and Nankangs (due to load rating) and the fact it's a ute with leaf springs unlike the sedans. Don't bother with the 'it's a light ute' at a shade under 1800kg, it's a pig! Oh, did I mention it's GS which make approximately 35rwkw less than the GT?
    A mate also ran his bone stock FG XR6T sedan, it pulled 12.9@110, the difference is he has a 2.0 60' versus my 2.1 60', neither of them are good by any stretch of the imagination which proves the low level of grip Fords actualy have and these were run on unprepped tracks, so no different than on the street.

BTW, the 3-5rwkw pick up Herrod promise on the K&N is bullshit. First run after fitting it will pull extra, until the ecu goes hang on a sec, something has changed starts pulling boost out again, same with the exhaust. Boost is pulled out, unlike in an NA LSx you'll regularly see an extra 20rwkw with an exhaust.

There is no contest in stock V stock power. In fact without adding power adders to an LSx, I think the comparison isn't that close. As I said throw money at driveline or suspension, the choice is yours and we should be greatfull that we have such a choice.

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by etrocket View Post
    Considering most people (99%) are after a complete package, performance, safety, looks, cost and not 1/4 times the hsv range is still king

My opinion only
    It might be only "your opinion", but, you are, of course,.............100% correct.
    Cheers, Pickles.

sportwagon is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 26-12-2023 @ 01:20 PM

I had 2 runs @the motorplex against a guy in his forties i guess with an 335fpv, he had drag radials and a kn filter on it the rest was stock and it was an auto,he ran a 12.5 and 12.7 with 60 foot times of about 1.8,i asked him later to see his other times slips from his other runs and they were all about the same,dam quick for an almost stock car but not the figures some are quoteing.

4VMan is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-10-2012 @ 07:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Plenty View Post
    Because this " Low 12s and 11s from a standard car" is Bullshit!, funny how the media never manage to get hold of these freaky low 12sec cars.

How do you know they are stock, unlessit is your car!
    EASY, Mags will allways get about a sec slower than private owners because magazines dont test cars with no spare, 1/4 tank of high octane fuel, traction compound on sticky drag strips with roll out advantage, they usually have a passenger on normal road surfaces, pump fuel and use a GPS....

Martin_D is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-06-2022 @ 11:28 AM

Does it really matter?
    If you like Holdens buy the HSV
    If you like Fords buy the FPV
    Then theres no need for juvenile threads like this blocking the bandwidth

Thread Information