Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Charger Project

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 02:28 PM

Re: Charger Project

Quote Originally Posted by dogsballs View Post
    lots and lots of metal work to be done. hope you have lots of patience.
    You are not wrong there mate.

Small update, picked up the block from being sonar tested today, excellent report,
    Now shopping for other parts prices to put an engine together.

AGIT8D is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-10-2014 @ 08:24 PM

Nice project, but probably an unrealistic completion date in my opinion.

Should look great when it's done.

MRGILL is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 11-05-2012 @ 02:51 PM

nice project love c u when finished.. good luck

calais190 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-05-2016 @ 07:17 PM

you've certainly picked a challenge for yourself. As mentioned the metal work is fairly extensive... It would definitely put me off a restoration. I'm not sure how talented you are on the metal work and panel beating side of things, but I wish you all the best. You'll be able to take a lot of pride in this once it's finished!

Another update,Michael has bought a house in the last few weeks and moved in, that has slowed him down a bit, today we picked up a stolen and recovered CM Regal SE 318 through a guy I know, this car was stolen and recovered a few years ago, it was all smashed up and the engine was tired, the guy had the engine and transmission, starter motor, alternator and loads of other things rebuilt including pistons, new valves in the head and lots other stuff. He started on the body from the front end smash, panels, recond radiator, front end and lost interest. We are going to use loads of bits off it and sell all the left overs, it has pretty good leather and velour trim, factory high line console and even a factory roof console. I reckon there are a few parts which might go mental on fleabay.
    Ah also bought a 750 double pumper a couple of weeks ago and getting an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake manifold, the 360 build is going slowly as we are still chasing parts, the bodywork is waiting for help as well, Very happy with everything so far.

It is half a shame to wreck this CM Regal SE, it could be a good car but it had the compliance plates stolen it needs a full respray and a few other things, it has a little rust in it but it is well above average in the rust department, but it is flagged as a repairable write off and if you took it on as a rebuild it would need the full government inspection and that put a few people off buying it because it would be very expensive to get back on the road.

Small update...

Still on going.... lots of small jobs done, been on virtual hold,
    got the 1966 Chevy Belair which also needed heaps of work including a bare metal respray & pushed into the way.
    That finished getting painted about a week ago, still being put together & is looking great.

Then 2 children......

Anyway this afternoon the Charger went over to a friend's workshop to get the engine bay repaired & painted,
    then it will be having the 318 out of the CM put in, next the new boot floor, quarter panels & other rust done
    in prep for paint.

CH1.jpg

It will be painted in an original Chrysler colour called "Limelight."

Has taken much longer than expected but have not given up & hoping to have it finished in the next couple of years.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

The 318's were a good motor, 340 were great too. Love the sound of the ol skool Chrysler, keep us updated Ed?

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:10 PM

ha... love this!

8 years and a pandemic lockdown or 2, cupla kids

and we right back into it!
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Will be building a 360 for it in time.

We have had the 318 running in the CM (driven the car even) & believe that it is fully rebuilt as we were told when he got it.
    Everything points to that the engine had never been started since rebuild & I know the guy who put it together.
    It runs perfect, the same as the fully overhauled transmission.

amckiwi is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:01 PM

Fair to say the values have gone up On these a bit since this project started
    Red Hot M6 VE SS Ute. Curves yes please on my women and my road.

Quote Originally Posted by amckiwi View Post
    Fair to say the values have gone up On these a bit since this project started

Yeah, they are going through the roof these days.

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Small update...

got the 1966 Chevy Belair which also needed heaps of work including a bare metal respray & pushed into the way.
    That finished getting painted about a week ago, still being put together & is looking great.
    The Belair is getting there slowly, got to get the interior re trimmed as my son's dog got in there & eat big holes out of the seats.

Z 66 Chev - Cropped - No Plate.jpg

amckiwi is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    The Belair is getting there slowly, got to get the interior re trimmed as my son's dog got in there & eat big holes out of the seats.

Z 66 Chev - Cropped - No Plate.jpg
    That would be the dog my son used to have in this household
    Red Hot M6 VE SS Ute. Curves yes please on my women and my road.

Thread Information