Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The PC Gallery

Cool The PC Gallery

Post pics of your rigs if so inclined.. I will add some of my now 6+ year old rig soon to receive a MAJOR overhaul when I get the chance
    Net Handles - Sidewindr, Zaphod
    --
    2001 - Toyota Landcruiser (HDJ100R, 1HD-FTE)

lukemcg is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-08-2022 @ 03:22 PM

Re: The PC Gallery

Not much of a 'rig' as such haha.

Mid 2011 Macbook air, i5 1.7ghz, 4gb DDR3, 256gb SSD, intel HD 3000 graphics, 13.3 inch samsung screen.

MickStephens is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-11-2013 @ 07:49 PM

I got one of these in the smaller size.

Cheers, Mick

Evman is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 11-12-2016 @ 11:07 AM

CASE: Corsair Storm Trooper
    MoBo: Gigabye X-79-UD5
    CPU: Intel i7-3820
    GPU: Gigabyte 7970 OC
    RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz
    SOUND: Creative something (X-FI Titanium maybe?)
    PSU: Antec 1200W
    CPU COOLER: Corsair H100 closed circuit liquid cooler
    SSD: 2 x Intel 80Gb (old now)
    HDD: 1 x Corsair Black 2Tb, 5 x Corsair Green 2Tb
    FANS: 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM (H100 fans), 1 x NF-P14 FLX, 2 x NF-S12 PWM
    MOUSE: Logitech G700
    KEYBOARD: Logitech G19
    SCREEN: Samsung 27" 3D something
    OTHER: Corsair Link Cooling hub, Logitech 5500 speakers, Logitech G35 headset

I think that's all
    Last edited by Evman; 26-09-2012 at 08:12 PM.

VTClubSprtR8 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 06-11-2015 @ 09:19 PM

Sweet rig there Evman, You COD4 by any chance?

team illucid is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-06-2020 @ 06:34 PM

RE: The PC Gallery

Currently running

1 x 14" Alienware gaming laptop
    1 x 17" Alienware gaming laptop
    1 x 11.6" Samsung slate
    42" Panasonic Viera monitor
    All running via HDMI into an Onkyo 609 amp with 5.1 Jensen speakers and subwoofer.
    Windows 8 Tablet
    “Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.”

Evman is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 11-12-2016 @ 11:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by VTClubSprtR8 View Post
    Sweet rig there Evman, You COD4 by any chance?
    Thanks mate. Na I don't, the only gaming I really do these days is a bit of BF3

phone but no one cares

Stewge is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-10-2019 @ 03:59 PM

My kinda thread! (lol)
    Haven't got any decent open pics of my main rig, but here's a slightly old shot of my "toy room". I've since added a 3rd 24" monitor behind the drumkit on a stand for music reading as well as Logitech G27 racing wheel (with 6 speed shifter and clutch pedal). Not pictured to the left is also 3 electric guitars, 1 bass guitar, 1 Randall 120W guitar amp with 4x12 cab, 1 Hartke 350W Bass amp with 4x10 cab. In the back right is also a M-Audio 88 key midi keyboard.

The rig itself:
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K
    Mobo: Asus P8P67-M Pro
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 G-Skill
    GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GTX670 overclocked
    HDD: 1x Corsair 120GB SSD + 1x Hitachi 7200rpm 2TB
    PSU: Corsair HX850
    Case: NZXT Vulcan mATX (has a carry handle...awesome)
    Sound: M-Audio Profire 610 (6 in/10 out) << this is actually a "pro" recording sound card. That runs into a Sony amp with 2 desktop monitors + Koss Studio headphones with mirrored output so I can swap between speakers and headphones without changing anything. Drums plugged in via Midi as well as running guitars + mics through it for recording.
    Screens: 2x BenQ 24" (one 2ms model for gaming, one VA panel for graphics work), 1x ASUS 24" as the new digital music stand (not pictured)
    Other Stuff: Logitech G510 keyboard, Logitech G13 keypad, Cyborg RAT7 mouse, Blu-ray combo
    Drums: Alesis DM10 Studio kit with Mapex double-kicks (not really computer related other than being plugged into my computer and using it for recording)

Next up, new Media Room rig. Pics can be found on my XBMC build thread here. The thread is a bit light while I figure out some case logistics (with a hacksaw). This thing will handle general media playback as well as full 1080p gaming in the living room. Great for games like Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider where being on the couch is so much better. Also gives mates something to talk about with a few beers and what have you.
    It contains:
    CPU: Intel i5 3550
    Mobo: ASRock Extreme4
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 G-Skill
    GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GTX580 overclocked
    HDD: 1x Hitachi 2TB
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    Case: Silverstone LC20B full size media case
    Screen: 50" LG Plasma
    Sound: Yamaha HDMI receiver with 5.1 speakers
    Other Stuff: Cheap Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse, Blu-ray drive, Media Center Remote, 2x Logitech F710 wireless game controllers (who needs a PS3/Xbox when you've got these?!)

Finally, the NAS (no pics as it's a fairly uninteresting black box) :
    CPU: Intel i5 750
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 G-Skill
    Mobo: Mystery Intel mATX board
    GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GT430 (used to be the media PC until the behemoth above was built)
    HDD: 1x 500GB Seagate barracuda, 4x2TB Samsung in RAID5 (5.5TB usable, redundant space for media storage), 1x 2TB Hitachi 7200rpm eSATA drive for storing games images/applications
    Software: Linux (Ubuntu Server) with sabnzbd + sickbeard + couchpotato. These 3 words probably mean nothing to you, but my god if you download tv shows or movies you owe it to yourself to said words.
    Let me just say, that this software combo will automatically search for new episodes of TV shows I tell it, download them, name them, move them onto the media storage area, update the XBMC database with plot/characters/episode info and bring up a notification on the media PC that said episode is ready to watch. Movies are added through a web interface, then it does the rest. Additionally, it can alert you via growl notifications on your computers or via a twitter feed or even SMS if you hack it enough
    I don't even remember a time where I used to search for every, single, torrent....seems like the dark ages

On top of those I've got my HP TM2 laptop/tablet (i5, 8GB ram, ATI graphics, not bad for a small convertible laptop). I also live with 2 other nerds, each having their own gaming desktops and laptops. Needless to say, we like our gadgets and our V8s
    Last edited by Stewge; 26-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.

A PSYCHO is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-01-2021 @ 05:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    Thanks mate. Na I don't, the only gaming I really do these days is a bit of BF3

phone but no one cares
    Oh really? We better have a game on BF3 then sometime...

Heres a shot of my rig. Some love the case, some hate it. Been told it looks like a storm trooper ahaha.

Cant remember exact specs, nothing fancy though. i5 processor, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1.5TB of HHDs, GTX670 GPU etc. What antivirus are people running with Windows 7?

Nice. Such a clean looking case! I use BitDefender. To be honest I don't really look into virus protection that much so I don't know how it compares. It seems to do the job at least Just did a search for "antivirus comparison" and clicked the first LINK. BitDefender is the top rated but it can be hard to tell if it's more of an ad than a comparison.

Shot of what is usually seen of mine Built the desk myself only a few weeks ago. The only down side is that there's no side access to the PC with it plugged in, and I've gone pretty nuts on the cable management out the back so re-routing cables to get the PC running outside of the bay isn't the easiest

Last edited by Evman; 26-09-2012 at 11:29 PM.

team illucid is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-06-2020 @ 06:34 PM

RE: The PC Gallery

Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.
    Windows 8 Tablet
    “Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.”

Sort of OT. The other day I was checking out the temps others were seeing with the same CPU and H100 cooler and mine were about 10deg higher than most. I did a fresh prime95 run to test the max and got it to around 70degC. Not massive but still higher than most. Idling it was around 40degC. I pulled the water block off and reapplied the thermal paste using an old card, getting it so thin I was kind of concerned it wouldn't be enough. I gave it a shot anyway and dropped over 10degC at idle and max. Pretty stoked, but goes to show how fickle it can be getting the paste right.
    Last edited by Evman; 26-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.

VZ_V8 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 20-05-2021 @ 06:25 PM

Getting on a little bit now but still does the job...

CPU: Intel i7 960 3.2GHz @ 3.8GHz
    CPU Cooling: Coolermaster V8
    Mainboard: Gigabyte G1. Sniper LGA1366
    RAM: 24GB (6x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyerX
    GPU: 2 x Gigabyte GTX560SOC
    Hdd 1: Intel 520 SSD 120GB
    Hdd 2: OCZ Vertex2 60GB
    Hdd 3: WD Black 1TB
    Hdd 4: WD Black 500GB
    Hdd 5: WD Green 2TB
    Case: Thermaltake Armour+
    Power Supply: Corsair HX750
    Optical: Pioneer
    Keyboard: Logitech G15
    Mouse: Logitech G700
    Screen: Samsung BX2450 (24"), BenQ (22")
    Audio: On Board Creative X-Fi, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Logitech G930 Headset
    Case Cooling: 1 x 120mm Front Intake (Noctua), 1 x 140mm Front Intake (Stock Thermaltake), 1 x 230mm Side Exhaust (Stock Thermaltake), 1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust (Coolermaster), 1 x 92mm Antec Spot Fan

VT_Lance is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 10-10-2015 @ 12:33 PM

INTEL core i7 870 2.93ghz
    8GB 1333mhz of ram
    2 tb sata hd
    nvidia gigabyte gtx660ti 2gb <--which i got just a week and a half go to play me some bf3/planetside 2 on pc with 370+ hours of bf3 on ps3 its weird as hell to play on PC have no muscle memory for the keys yet and reactions are bit slow but not in missus K/d so can't complain too much add for a game or two maybe ?? PC SupMrGuy an PS3 Twisted_Cv8

also getting medal of honor:warfighter (mainly for bf4 beta lolz)

Stewge is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-10-2019 @ 03:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    Sort of OT. The other day I was checking out the temps others were seeing with the same CPU and H100 cooler and mine were about 10deg higher than most. I did a fresh prime95 run to test the max and got it to around 70degC. Not massive but still higher than most. Idling it was around 40degC. I pulled the water block off and reapplied the thermal paste using an old card, getting it so thin I was kind of concerned it wouldn't be enough. I gave it a shot anyway and dropped over 10degC at idle and max. Pretty stoked, but goes to show how fickle it can be getting the paste right.
    What many people don't understand, is that when it comes to thermal paste, less is more!

Thermal paste is actually a terrible conductor of heat (when compared to aluminium or copper), but it is still better than air. The only reason it's used is it's impossible to create a perfect seal between the CPU and heatsink as small air pockets develop and that's where thermal paste fills the gaps.

Even mayonnaise has been proven to work as a very good thermal paste alternative (seriously, it's even better than some commercial silver and ceramic based compounds), at least over the short term. That said, it would eventually cooks and god knows how funky your PC would smell

Check it out (for those interested): http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...ry-2012/1490/5

Thread Information