Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Y!

zorro is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 04:18 PM

Re: Project Y!

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Will do guys, will drop the drivetrain out of the Monaro today so I can get some better measurements of the floorpans, as it was difficult last night with the Trans in the way

Have got the OK from the owner to proceed, was a little concerned as some people can be put off by these sorts of mods.
    Ian what did HSV do for the coupe4, put a front half of adventra floor pan into monaro?
    GM: Has millions of dollars and highly trained engineers.

Guy in his backyard:
    Has a hole saw.

edelbrock1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-11-2023 @ 04:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Ian what did HSV do for the coupe4, put a front half of adventra floor pan into monaro?

By the time Coupe4 came around, every car coming out of Holden had the AWD floor platform.

Looks like the change happened at the begining of VY series II and not the start of VY 2003 as was previously thought.

I have seen the pics and specs of the early VE floors that are also meant to be set up for AWD as well. But thsi was removed when they made the decision to never do an AWD VE.

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

Today End!

Not all smooth sailing, it's been said by many people and some Holden insiders that Everything from VY onwards got the AWD Floor bzzzzz wrong...

Need to spend some more time under it and make a plan of attack once the Drivetrain is out of the way.
    yeah, except the Monaro, that was probably based on a VX more so then a VY, hence all the crap they had to do to do the Coupe4 ........... I too have a plasma

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Well that was a MUCH better day!

Turns out Old Mate at Holden wasn't BSing about the Floor Pans they are indeed "the same" what isn't though is the Cross Member mounts, the Pass side mounts need to go away and I need to weld in the Transfer case mount on that side as it's got thin air to bolt to.. the Holes are in the Rails for the Torque Arm just no captive Nuts but I have a plan for that!

Linkage Shifter needs to go but that's no biggie just one big hole to drill for the cable.

clone06.jpg

clone07.jpg

clone08.jpg

clone09.jpg

clone10.jpg

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

That's some great news, so the plasma won't be needing the workout you were thinking yesterday?

Out of interest, how many kms is on the Monaro, looks a few from the drivetrain pics.

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cashie View Post
    That's some great news, so the plasma won't be needing the workout you were thinking yesterday?

Out of interest, how many kms is on the Monaro, looks a few from the drivetrain pics.
    Yep big relief,

It has about 130K on it, just looks bad as 120K has been through either a Zoo of a Jungle going by the amount of Dead critters I'm finding

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Yep big relief,

It has about 130K on it, just looks bad as 120K has been through either a Zoo of a Jungle going by the amount of Dead critters I'm finding
    Yeah, similar kms to my old Monaros, but looks like its been there and back a few times.....

Is it all bolted in yet?

Have to find somewhere local that sells Spot Weld Drills as I want to make a nice job of it

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

the script won't let me put them side by side.... next time pics more front on :P
    Last edited by XUV; 08-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Ohhh the 2wd K frame looks so dinky

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Another good project Ol mate, looking forward to phase two "manual box" as my thoughts regards to phase one is hardly a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Another good project Ol mate, looking forward to phase two "manual box" as my thoughts regards to phase one is hardly a challenge!
    Actually a bit more of a challenge than expected but getting there

Spot Weld drills organised and on their way so with any luck I should have the floor and mounts done this week!

Actually a bit more of a challenge than expected but getting there

Spot Weld drills organised and on their way so with any luck I should have the floor and mounts done this week!
    Cmon IJ don't talk yourself down, how many dudes do you know the IRS'd their Tonner ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Cmon IJ don't talk yourself down, how many dudes do you know the IRS'd their Tonner ffs?
    Ummm errr that's crazy talk Mick

Who in their right mind would do that.... ohhh wait..

Didn't say it was normal but a good mod & @ any rate.
    While talking IRS I don't see too many poor handling V8 super Cars with solid axles!

Thread Information