Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Y!

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Re: Project Y!

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Didn't say it was normal but a good mod & @ any rate.
    While talking IRS I don't see too many poor handling V8 super Cars with solid axles!
    That's so last year Mick

Toddler78 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 23-03-2024 @ 06:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Have to find somewhere local that sells Spot Weld Drills as I want to make a nice job of it
    Dont forget to pick up a bag of spots for the spot welder while your there watching tjis with interest
    I'm not a hoon, I'm just competitive

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler78 View Post
    Dont forget to pick up a bag of spots for the spot welder while your there watching tjis with interest
    Made me LOL Todd

Today!

Wanted to do a test fit on the front end

Power washed the Adventra K Frame as it was filthy, bolted it in with my spare set of airbag struts as I know where they bottom out with no air in it so I could get an idea of ride height and how much wider the front end will be, (not as much as expected)

That's about it for a few days as the GF is coming up for a visit!

clone11.jpg

clone12.jpg

clone13.jpg

clone14.jpg

duke5700 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 10:46 AM

Whats it work out 20-30mm of extra track at the front end?

How does that work with the ass end? Just run wider wheels with a bit more dish

edelbrock1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-11-2023 @ 04:49 PM

WOW... looking good. Have to admit I expected the wheels to be sticking out a lot more than they are?

Blue is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 24-03-2024 @ 02:52 PM

Whats the plan with the ride height?

Are you able to reuse the Harrop brakes that were on the car originally?

Looks good.

chocco is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 10-04-2016 @ 05:47 PM

Depending on which harrops they are a off set bracket from harrop can be done, otherwise CNC lathe to the rescue.

Is that right ian

Ian, from that other thread talking about the alloy LCA on the Coupe 4. What is the difference between the Coupe 4 and the Adventra front end apart from the alloy components? Is it all different geometry? What you've done looks fine so I can't understand why HSV had the different components, apart from lower unsprung weight?

Cheers, Matthew
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

This explains a lot.

Thanks for that Edelbrock! To Ian, so is it a matter of "reversing" the ball joint mechanism of the Adventra to then use an Adventra front end back on a Monaro or does it require some customisation if you aren't using the alloy components. By the look of your pictures it all looks good.

Can't help but be inspired by this and Feistl's Monaro road/racer and think (dream really) of a 2WD Monaro with the wide track front suspension and the wider rear wheels with the guards pumped.

Cheers, Matthew
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by duke5700 View Post
    Whats it work out 20-30mm of extra track at the front end?

How does that work with the ass end? Just run wider wheels with a bit more dish
    Works out to be 30mm per side Duke, The Coupe4's ran a stock rear and just added offset to the wheels, not really sure yet the plan at this stage is to get it running as is then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by edelbrock1 View Post
    WOW... looking good. Have to admit I expected the wheels to be sticking out a lot more than they are?
    I didn't expect it to be too bad considering on the CrossTrac cars there are standard guards under the plastic "flares"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Whats the plan with the ride height?

Are you able to reuse the Harrop brakes that were on the car originally?

Looks good.
    The car was far too low before I'd like to see some bigger diameter Wheels and Tyres on it to gain some ground clearance it's trashed the exhaust as is..

Not sure what direction the Brakes will take, I did a 6/4 14"/13.5" set up on my Tonner with Wilwood callipers and DBA 5000/4000 Rotors and CNC Brackets that works very well, there isn't much on the market for bolt on CrossTrac brakes..

Quote Originally Posted by chocco View Post
    Depending on which harrops they are a off set bracket from harrop can be done, otherwise CNC lathe to the rescue.

Is that right ian
    Maybe depends on the Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jag530G View Post
    Ian, from that other thread talking about the alloy LCA on the Coupe 4. What is the difference between the Coupe 4 and the Adventra front end apart from the alloy components? Is it all different geometry? What you've done looks fine so I can't understand why HSV had the different components, apart from lower unsprung weight?

Cheers, Matthew
    Need to visit a friend that has a Coupe4 or get it over here on the hoist so I can do some measuring

Quote Originally Posted by Jag530G View Post
    Thanks for that Edelbrock! To Ian, so is it a matter of "reversing" the ball joint mechanism of the Adventra to then use an Adventra front end back on a Monaro or does it require some customisation if you aren't using the alloy components. By the look of your pictures it all looks good.

Can't help but be inspired by this and Feistl's Monaro road/racer and think (dream really) of a 2WD Monaro with the wide track front suspension and the wider rear wheels with the guards pumped.

Cheers, Matthew
    I run the same setup in my Tonner Matt, it can go fairly low and not go into Bumpsteer I guess the End Use will dictate the ride height.
    (mine is on airbags so it's variable )

Full House

shed00.jpg
    Last edited by IJ.; 12-05-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Cool Re: Project Y!

^^^

And all of them some kind of AWD. Is AWD, Was AWD, becoming AWD..... Some kind of obsession??

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by edelbrock1 View Post
    ^^^

And all of them some kind of AWD. Is AWD, Was AWD, becoming AWD..... Some kind of obsession??
    AWD V8's, it's where it's at

Thread Information