Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Y!

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Re: Project Y!

Everything here barring the RideOn Mower and the GF's Corolla are AWD

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Everything here barring the RideOn Mower and the GF's Corolla are AWD
    You could always by another Adventra and convert the mower to AWD!
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

edelbrock1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 12-11-2023 @ 04:49 PM

Or the Corolla should be very scared. There would probably be enough parts lying around to shoehorn a diff in the back n a supercharger/turbo up the front.

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jag530G View Post
    You could always by another Adventra and convert the mower to AWD!
    LOL nah pass

Quote Originally Posted by edelbrock1 View Post
    Or the Corolla should be very scared. There would probably be enough parts lying around to shoehorn a diff in the back n a supercharger/turbo up the front.
    She doesn't like the Corolla or I'd consider it

Today!

Had to go put the Bin out and while I was in the shed I thought I'd have a go at removing the Pass side Cross member mounting...

Wasn't as neat as I'd have liked but I have to pull the seat and carpet on that side so I can weld the new mount in place so I'll tidy it up then!

Today!
    Went out rugged up with 3 layers of clothes on, played Musical Engines and Transmissions to clear enough space to roll the Adventra out then pulled the Cable Shifter out that I need for the conversion, also removed the "BracketOdoom" that converts the 2wd floor to AWD

Got the Monaro back on the Floor so I can pull the pass side interior and weld the new Bracket in place once I've made the Captive nuts for the AWD Tq Crossmember.. At this stage it's a bit of a Rubik's Cube and needs to happen in an exact order, once the mounts are all sorted I'll Swap the Sumps/pickups so I can bolt the Front Diff on and reinstall the Engine/Trans.

clone15.jpg

clone16.jpg

clone17.jpg

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

Today!
    At this stage it's a bit of a Rubik's Cube and needs to happen in an exact order, once the mounts are all sorted I'll Swap the Sumps/pickups so I can bolt the Front Diff on and reinstall the Engine/Trans.
    Yes or else you'll have to shift it, shift it forward and then shift it, shift it in reverse

Quote Originally Posted by XUV View Post
    Yes or else you'll have to shift it, shift it forward and then shift it, shift it in reverse
    LOL that was so wrong

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Sounds like good progress is being made...

Quote Originally Posted by cashie View Post
    Sounds like good progress is being made...
    Past the point of no return now

Took me awhile to fully commit wanted to make 100% sure it was going to work and give a good result.

Only been a few small "got ya's" but nothing insurmountable, I could easily have fabricated the missing mount but wanted to make this look as "Factory" as I can, also upgrading a few things to VZ spec while I'm at it and have a full set of Avalanche Brakes coming to replace the dogshit Stock Brakes.

cashie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-01-2022 @ 09:30 PM

Took me awhile to fully commit wanted to make 100% sure it was going to work and give a good result.

Only been a few small "got ya's" but nothing insurmountable, I could easily have fabricated the missing mount but wanted to make this look as "Factory" as I can, also upgrading a few things to VZ spec while I'm at it and have a full set of Avalanche Brakes coming to replace the dogshit Stock Brakes.
    That why my first thought "I wonder why he hasn't just made one"

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Come off it IJ you'd make the factory Guys blush!!!

LOL Mick I'm just a talented hack

chocco is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 10-04-2016 @ 05:47 PM

IJ'S AWD Conversions - making a great car better

Quote Originally Posted by chocco View Post
    IJ'S AWD Conversions - making a great car better
    Made me
    --------
    Today!

Taken me 2.5 hours to actually get to the floor so I can patch up where I drilled the spot welds out, Glad I did it this way as the amount of Deadener under there once burning would have been impossible to put out....

I'll head down after lunch and weld up the holes then make a start on the captive nuts to hold the Tq Member on.

clone18.jpg

Thread Information