Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4

mjrandom is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-10-2021 @ 11:14 PM

Re: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4

I haven't pulled the spare but as I understand it there is a threaded hole that the "bolt" that the spare and tools is held in with screws into. The threaded hole is the frame under the boot carpet. So take out the spare and tools and there is a 12mm ish hole in the carpet. Anyway I will get some photos on the weekend.

offshore is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-07-2019 @ 01:46 AM

Does that Cargo net come standard in the boot?

jaykay is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-04-2021 @ 12:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SSZ Ute View Post
    Thanks for that, I did see that when you posted it. Im interested to see what it looks like when removed? Is there just a hole in the carpet where presumably the spare gets screwed down to or is there a plate/dish or what
    Velcro strips...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    Does that Cargo net come standard in the boot?
    I kept the net from the E1 which went into the E2 but the GTS had it already fitted.

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 10:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by mjrandom View Post
    I kept the net from the E1 which went into the E2 but the GTS had it already fitted.
    Hello, I see your excited & thrilled with your new GTS.
    I think "amazing" was the term you used. I am not surprised. Sinse this car was described to me, and other members of the HSVOC, I was "amazed" too, & super excited....unlike some other members of this forum, who are now "strangely" silent!
    It is indeed an amazing car, & I am quite certain that HSV will achieve their aim of attracting some of the "Euro" buyers.
    As an owner, & as you become more familiar with your GTS & all of its many features, I reckon you'd become more & more aware of where HSV's 3.5+ years of R & D went to.
    Enjoy, Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Hello, I see your excited & thrilled with your new GTS.
    I think "amazing" was the term you used. I am not surprised. Sinse this car was described to me, and other members of the HSVOC, I was "amazed" too, & super excited....unlike some other members of this forum, who are now "strangely" silent!
    It is indeed an amazing car, & I am quite certain that HSV will achieve their aim of attracting some of the "Euro" buyers.
    As an owner, & as you become more familiar with your GTS & all of its many features, I reckon you'd become more & more aware of where HSV's 3.5+ years of R & D went to.
    Enjoy, Pickles.

It is obvious there was lots of engineering in the GTS, a point lost or perhaps ignored I think with the aftermarket guys bolting a supercharger onto an LS3 and making even more kW with the standard driveline. Without wishing to stir that particular pot I doubt any of these have bothered to fit bigger radiators let alone the number of 'coolers' in the GTS and the detail taken to get the air to them. Maybe only an issue on the track but I think Simon said earlier it is nice having the oomph and bits without wondering what compromise you have made getting there. And I could be biased!

After 120km the brakes feel fine and no longer lack feel. Its having its windows tinted (legal I don't need complications) and then I will try to get some pics in the sunlight. Looking at the trip meter I don't think I am going to get the same results out of a tank of fuel as I was getting the Rodeo. Last fill on that was 50.02L for 722km!

Tezza_VESSV is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 07-07-2020 @ 12:23 PM

Looks awesome, would love one, but my VF SSV will have to do for now

Scottn1au is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 10-08-2015 @ 08:58 PM

I agree the car is "amazing" even more so that it may be the last of its kind.

carneb is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 06-12-2022 @ 01:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jkgmh View Post
    When did they start adding the springs to the boot opening mechanism? Is it a VF thing?
    Carneb

VE Calais V 6.0L v8

jaykay is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-04-2021 @ 12:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by carneb View Post
    When did they start adding the springs to the boot opening mechanism? Is it a VF thing?
    and single bonnett strut.

TBH I gonna try and take the springs off my boot as it opens all the way up when you hit the open button....it is OK if it is not pi$$ing down with rain...

offshore is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-07-2019 @ 01:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by mjrandom View Post
    It is obvious there was lots of engineering in the GTS, a point lost or perhaps ignored I think with the aftermarket guys bolting a supercharger onto an LS3 and making even more kW with the standard driveline. Without wishing to stir that particular pot I doubt any of these have bothered to fit bigger radiators let alone the number of 'coolers' in the GTS and the detail taken to get the air to them. Maybe only an issue on the track but I think Simon said earlier it is nice having the oomph and bits without wondering what compromise you have made getting there. And I could be biased!

After 120km the brakes feel fine and no longer lack feel. Its having its windows tinted (legal I don't need complications) and then I will try to get some pics in the sunlight. Looking at the trip meter I don't think I am going to get the same results out of a tank of fuel as I was getting the Rodeo. Last fill on that was 50.02L for 722km!
    Thats the thing the GTS comes with all the engineering besides the supercharger and its a factor im thinking about spending the money modifying my Redline or just upgrading it to the GTS and the more I think about it the GTS seems like a better option overall.

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 10:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    Thats the thing the GTS comes with all the engineering besides the supercharger and its a factor im thinking about spending the money modifying my Redline or just upgrading it to the GTS and the more I think about it the GTS seems like a better option overall.
    You have hit the nail on the head,...."GTS comes with all the engineering",...that is it in a nutshell, and that is why GTS is such a brilliantly integrated performance package,...geez, just have look (DO IT) underneath the car, & have a look at the cooling/plumbing system for the diff/G.B., it is unreal,....but of course if ya don't understand why this stuff has been engineered, then of course you ain't gonna understand it?
    Cheers, Pickles.

Plenty is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-04-2017 @ 06:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jkgmh View Post
    and single bonnett strut.

TBH I gonna try and take the springs off my boot as it opens all the way up when you hit the open button....it is OK if it is not pi$$ing down with rain...
    I think the spring may be there to raise it slowly rather than jerk open, without them it'll just fly open. Funny thing is though, with the rear spoiler option added it won't open the boot all the way, just partially.

Can i also say that the little grab handle on the inside lip is a pointless addition and is bloody awkward to use.

sportwagon is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 26-12-2023 @ 01:20 PM

Dont know this for certain but its a fine night here in perth so waw is on,wouldnt be suprised if the boys from active give their new gen f gts a run tonight as they have been tuning it this week and from what ive heard got around 500 rwhp ,very interested to see what it runs,to bad they didnt run it completely stock before tune just to see what a stocker could do.

Ratsmow is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 31-12-2020 @ 05:29 AM

C,mon mj, how's the car going, this threads come to a stop since you took delivery, no more to speculate about I guess.

Thread Information