Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I joined the 6litre club

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Re: I joined the 6litre club

Quote Originally Posted by OUTAtheBloo View Post
    I've always said I would do heads if I ever did a cam again. I'm still leaning towards a pd blower.
    Not a good idea putting a blower on an original L76 unless the DOD gear was already removed!
    The heads on a L76 are pretty good & won't need much work for great power.

bozodos is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-04-2022 @ 09:54 PM

yeah piss the DoD stuff off as soon as you can and cam it - I think that one that you tuned might have been a bit of a freak engine Macca, but mine with that cam (installed dot to dot) pulled 292rwkw without making it a pig on fuel or compromising drivability, has a torque curve like a PD blower too.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Put an LS3 cam in mine with good quality springs DOD stuff deleted new LS7 lifters & made 278rwkw in a fat ass Crewy M6 with stock Exh manifolds & decent catback & CAI mafless.

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bozodos View Post
    yeah piss the DoD stuff off as soon as you can and cam it - I think that one that you tuned might have been a bit of a freak engine Macca, but mine with that cam (installed dot to dot) pulled 292rwkw without making it a pig on fuel or compromising drivability, has a torque curve like a PD blower too.
    I don't think so mate, we had to degree the cam and retard it 2º. I'll bet yours was probably out and thats why its down a bit. Wouldn't be 30 in it, but there would be something.

peter b is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 07-05-2016 @ 09:33 PM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    I don't think so mate, we had to degree the cam and retard it 2º. I'll bet yours was probably out and thats why its down a bit. Wouldn't be 30 in it, but there would be something.
    advance and retarding cam doesnt really affect end figure it moves the power band. Advance it and brings it lower in rpm range so low down no hurt as much but it drops off earlier.
    Retard it and moves the range up destroys down low and it doesnt drop off as early.
    There are ways around this and that is compression decking heads improves low down response and as such if you say get comp to 11:1 and retard the cam to being straight up it will be an even mix however there are limiting factors and that is piston to valve. I did an LS2 in which chopped 40 thou off the heads and went thinner head gaskets to get comp to 12:1 has a decent cam in it but mixed with over 600 lift I couldnt flycut the pistons safely to give clearance and thus moved it back to 4 degrees advance. That being said it hangs on longer than it did before and made a big increase in torque which is ultimately your goal. Hp is in higher rev range where you rarely drive the car is all about torque as that comes on very early do your spirited hits on the throttle the torque is what smokes the tyres
    Super Secret Squirrel Shit.....
    Often Imitated Never Duplicated

OUTAtheBloo is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 29-09-2023 @ 06:42 PM

The Zed is going in for 3.9's, a 3500 stall, trans cooler and OTR and tune next week.

Picked up some 15inch rims, now to find some drag radials and give it a run mid November.

Guesses on what it will run ? I'm guessing mid to low 12, just to mess with my head lol

Dan
    "There's Always Someone Faster"

jackvz is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-01-2017 @ 08:32 PM

6 litres in a VZ is awesome 6.7 is even better

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jackvz View Post
    6 litres in a VZ is awesome 6.7 is even better
    6.6 with a 2300 Charger was a tonOfun

OUTAtheBloo is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 29-09-2023 @ 06:42 PM

VZ1254.jpg

Pretty happy with the mid 12 on 225/60 15 street tyres from the local TyrePower for $50 the pair

I enjoyed the challenge to get the car off the line, was cool when my head went back when they hooked with a 1.8 60'
    Best $50 ever spent!

Dan
    "There's Always Someone Faster"

JT is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 12:23 PM

nice work Dan

Wonky is online now One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 12:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    nice work Dan
    +1

Well it's been years since I have been on the forum, but still have the VZ.
    Life got in the way running my own lawn mowing business, which has taken up all my spare time. Would still love to do something with the VZ and get back too it.

Has much changed over the years? I think ill need to spend days reading this forum again to get the juices flowing lol

Hope everyone is well and still loving there v8s.
    Dan

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 12:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by OUTAtheBloo View Post
    Well it's been years since I have been on the forum, but still have the VZ.
    Life got in the way running my own lawn mowing business, which has taken up all my spare time. Would still love to do something with the VZ and get back too it.

Has much changed over the years? I think ill need to spend days reading this forum again to get the juices flowing lol

Hope everyone is well and still loving there v8s.
    Dan
    Great to see you still have the car mate,

time to fit a blower now?

Thread Information