Thread: Cheap ebay An -8 Fittings

blow thru is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 25-08-2017 @ 07:03 PM

Cheap ebay An -8 Fittings

Came across these cheap fittings and have wonder if anyone else has used these as there less than 1/2 price for speedflow.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AN8-8AN-A...item4d02e65e21

cheers

PSI 364 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 17-08-2021 @ 09:25 AM

Re: Cheap ebay An -8 Fittings

Dont do it, recently used a cheap fitting on the fuel pump on my 454, it ended up spinning itself and destroying the thread so new fuel pump and new fitting. Spend the extra money on quality speedflow fittings, cheap will always cost you.

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

I hesitate to use even the brand name lower cost fittings on anything even slightly critical and much prefer the safety of the forged fittings, cheap Chinese copies of the cheap fittings pass..

Quote Originally Posted by PSI 364 View Post
    Dont do it, recently used a cheap fitting on the fuel pump on my 454, it ended up spinning itself and destroying the thread so new fuel pump and new fitting. Spend the extra money on quality speedflow fittings, cheap will always cost you.
    Yes I agree poor man pays twice.i knew probably garbage but costs nothing to ask a question.Summit probably next best price for fittings.

ls1gino is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 27-02-2024 @ 08:26 AM

Hi mate,

Iv used Proflow fittings for years now. They are at the cheaper end of the scale and iv used a lot of speedflow stuff as well and you can definitely tell the quality difference in the two but in saying that iv never had 1 problem or failure with any proflow fittings. If there installed correctly shouldnt have a problem with them.... however if your doing a big dollar build dosnt really make sense to skimp on 'cheaper' fittings.

Cheers,
    Gino

ittwgn is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-06-2018 @ 07:41 PM

as other's have said if the fittings are carrying fuel get the best !!! a fire extinguisher is always a good mod once stock fuel systems have been upgraded !!! safe then sorry as they say !!! the cost of fittings and arp studs and bolts on my car could buy a nice daily !!!!hahah cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ittwgn View Post
    as other's have said if the fittings are carrying fuel get the best !!! a fire extinguisher is always a good mod once stock fuel systems have been upgraded !!! safe then sorry as they say !!! the cost of fittings and arp studs and bolts on my car could buy a nice daily !!!!hahah cheers
    Yeah exactly I no this will cost a small fortune.Yes youve done a top job on the Wagon and nice feature in St Commodores.
    Cheers
    Glenn

duke5700 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 06:51 PM

I know it has been said... but don't do it.

I've seen cheap fittings, shear off, threads strip, come apart under pressure etc.. The 37 deg flare sealing surfaces are crap, you just end up asking for trouble. I've even seen them porous.

Probably the No1 cause of failure though is incorrect installation. I've seen people butcher the best brands and complain that they are rubbish. Use good quality imperial spanners to do them up in a vice with soft jaws and then flush them, then pressure test. Youtube videos done by MSCN will show you the correct way.

On the SS I've used Aeroquip and XRP, some Red Horse for the prettier more prominent fittings as their finish in my opinion is second to none in the looks category. Speedflow is great, but you will pay for it.

Thread Information