Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk support has been discontinued indefinitely....

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Re: Tapatalk support has been discontinued indefinitely....

Quote Originally Posted by team illucid View Post
    So what is the mobile address?

Both mobile.ls1.com.au and m.ls1.com.au are 404

Testing from Windows Phone 8.1.1 here.
    Scroll to ve very bottom of the page, see where it has a drop down with "LS1 Forum Classic Blue" drop down to Mobile

team illucid is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-06-2020 @ 06:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Scroll to ve very bottom of the page, see where it has a drop down with "LS1 Forum Classic Blue" drop down to Mobile
    Ok I get that - wasn't really thinking about having to manually select a mobile theme but it works ok.

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Have been trying the mobile version and I must say I'm not a fan at all. Tapatalk was unified and made it easy to jump between forums. Doubt I'll come here as often anymore now.

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 10:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Have been trying the mobile version and I must say I'm not a fan at all.
    One of the shortcuts I have on my phone home page is this..

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/activity.php

I am using it more than the others

I am not using the "mobile version" just the normal old one.
    Last edited by whitels1ss; 06-08-2014 at 12:06 PM.

HSV Listy is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-02-2019 @ 07:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Have been trying the mobile version and I must say I'm not a fan at all. Tapatalk was unified and made it easy to jump between forums. Doubt I'll come here as often anymore now.
    I have to agree. Maybe it will grow in me but having it one click right there was great.

IJ. is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 02-08-2018 @ 01:19 PM

Be nice if on the page that shows what's new there was a link to today's posts

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 05-10-2023 @ 11:01 AM

Also on the bandwagon with macca and listy, don't like it at all on my mobile so only check in on the laptop which is a lot less frequent.
    Interested to see if the site traffic will drop off, I think it will. I can understand why it was dropped but the alternative is nowhere near as easy to navigate.

Be nice if on the page that shows what's new there was a link to today's posts
    Hey Ian, just click on the link I posted on post number 19 mate, create a shortcut on the front page of your phone.

(Shows a list of all the latest posts)

It works fine for me

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/activity.php

That one seems to only bring up the Section headers and not a list of today's posts, normally if you click on "new posts" and there's nothing new it gives you an option to view posts from the last 24 hours, that would be a nice button to have

That one seems to only bring up the Section headers and not a list of today's posts, normally if you click on "new posts" and there's nothing new it gives you an option to view posts from the last 24 hours, that would be a nice button to have
    Are you clicking on the "What's New" button, top left of screen using the viewing profile "LS1 Forum Classic Blue" ?

I am with a mate of mine at the moment & just did it on his phone & it comes up for him as well.

It gives me a page titled "Activity Stream" & at the moment it is showing me the last 28 posts written on the forum.
    Last edited by whitels1ss; 08-08-2014 at 11:43 AM.

I just looked on the "Mobile" profiles & it does not work, (comes up as you said Ian)

you might have to change the profile back using the view "Full Site" button at the bottom of your page.

Yep on the Mobile page, it's easier to use as you don't have to scroll/expand to read things

Maybe it's something Sidey can add in for us to make life easier?

The Mobile version is not meant to replace the main page, it is intended to be a heavily cut down version of the main site and really only used for the quick post or checks etc.

As I mentioned before, the regular forum with the normal full site style works and loads very well on everything I have tested, even my old HTC HD2 (now a >5 year old phone) hacked to run android handles it adequately and the mobile style is basically for those using phones from 7-10 years ago.

Once again, the issues with tapatalk are many, it is evil and strips forums of their identity, individuality and users passions which, ultimately, is the whole value and point of enthusiast forums. Tapatalk is a poor man's facebook and a community like ours could not have achieved the things we have to date on a generic homogenised facebook-esque side/medium.
    Net Handles - Sidewindr, Zaphod
    --
    2001 - Toyota Landcruiser (HDJ100R, 1HD-FTE)

Yep on the Mobile page, it's easier to use as you don't have to scroll/expand to read things

Maybe it's something Sidey can add in for us to make life easier?
    I will be looking at ways to bring some of the addons to the mobile style, but might a fair bit of programming help if there's anyone out there who's a gun at PHP and the like
    Net Handles - Sidewindr, Zaphod
    --
    2001 - Toyota Landcruiser (HDJ100R, 1HD-FTE)

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewindr View Post
    The Mobile version is not meant to replace the main page, it is intended to be a heavily cut down version of the main site and really only used for the quick post or checks etc.

As I mentioned before, the regular forum with the normal full site style works and loads very well on everything I have tested, even my old HTC HD2 (now a >5 year old phone) hacked to run android handles it adequately and the mobile style is basically for those using phones from 7-10 years ago.

Once again, the issues with tapatalk are many, it is evil and strips forums of their identity, individuality and users passions which, ultimately, is the whole value and point of enthusiast forums. Tapatalk is a poor man's facebook and a community like ours could not have achieved the things we have to date on a generic homogenised facebook-esque side/medium.
    Sidey I think you might be surprised how many mobile users prefer Tapatalk over the mobile version. Perhaps do a Poll.

The mobile version has less of an identity. The stock vBulletin profile looks rubbish IMO. All that is different is the banner last time I checked. Plus Tapatalk shows a display of the forum that clearly identify it as LS1.com.au

Thread Information