Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: VF GTS Wagon

amckiwi is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 03:25 PM

Re: VF GTS Wagon

Is it painted yellow?
    Red Hot M6 VE SS Ute. Curves yes please on my women and my road.

Is what painted yellow.

Bren-00 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 13-04-2020 @ 06:04 PM

It values sustainable living, WTF?

Hos is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 07-08-2018 @ 06:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Yep a VE with 879K on it would be disintegrated!!
    Hate to burst your bubble boys, but check the photos in the ad. It would appear to be a genuine 879K. Haven't added links but check the photos.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Hos View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble boys, but check the photos in the ad. It would appear to be a genuine 879K. Haven't added links but check the photos.
    Not bursting my bubble nothing surprises me these days...Ain't exactly reasonable @ $18K

aussiebbq is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 15-01-2017 @ 03:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Not bursting my bubble nothing surprises me these days...Ain't exactly reasonable @ $18K
    Must of forgotten the decimal between 1 and 8

amckiwi is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 03:25 PM

Sorry here taxi's are painted yellow
    Should have said orange for your locale
    Red Hot M6 VE SS Ute. Curves yes please on my women and my road.

Plenty is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-04-2017 @ 06:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VRIIClubby View Post
    I had my windscreen replaced last week (VF HSV), the bloke doing it said the screen itself is no different apart from the rain sensor and lane departure module, I thought the HUD was just a reflection on the correct angle?

he also said the VE and VF windscreen is different, VE is narrower on the bottom sides for some reason?

Enjoy the build! Cant wait to see the end result, will be very envious!

(pretty sure most of the modules in my Tourer are all in the wheel arches, the profile in the boot is different to my old VE wagon.)
    I think he is wrong sorry. copied from an Holden SS-V bulletin.

"HUD uses a series of mirrors to display the information on a specific high-technology
    windscreen. The HUD-enabled windscreen incorporates wedge lamination to provide
    excellent optic focus for the delivery of clear, sharp images."

it may work on the standard screen but not as well. you will also see the letters HUD written on the windscreen of those equipped models whereas the others do not.

Smashfist is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-12-2019 @ 10:00 PM

There's a specific bulletin to dealers to replace screens ONLY with genuine as the HUD ends up blurry with an aftermarket/non HUD windscreen.

Lucky I saved the screen. It does have hud on it and the guy who removed it said they are genuine only and like $1200. It is def a special screen.

VRIIClubby is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-10-2015 @ 09:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Lucky I saved the screen. It does have hud on it and the guy who removed it said they are genuine only and like $1200. It is def a special screen.
    he was of the understanding that its the good old one factory thing, I cant remember the name he said IT? something maybe? make all the screens, just print GMH on a few and theirs on others?

I was originally told an 8 week wait for a gmh labelled screen, lucky I was adamant I would wait for a genuine then if all true in the end, but, in saying that, its not like you can put a "standard" screen in a tourer or ss-v as they also have rain sensors and lane departure modules? so maybe the generic branded screen has it anyway. no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    He also said the VE and VF screen is a different size on the bottom? In case you were still looking at a VE body might be worth a double check.
    Last edited by VRIIClubby; 04-09-2015 at 11:28 PM.

VRIIClubby is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-10-2015 @ 09:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist View Post
    There's a specific bulletin to dealers to replace screens ONLY with genuine as the HUD ends up blurry with an aftermarket/non HUD windscreen.
    How many people take their car to the dealer to get a windscreen replaced?

QIKMIK is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-03-2024 @ 12:33 PM

I got the screen in my Senator replaced recently. Not sure of the origin of the screen but O'Briens fitted it up. The Senator/Calais screen is "acoustic glass" apparently, costs a motsa and comes with a new rain sensor attached. Quoted around $700 so I'm glad it was an insurance job.

I would imagine that the more reputable windscreen places would have a fully compatible replacement and that $1200 is probably not a bad price. I hear stock screens for Veedubs are up around a grand. Wondering if the HUD and screen were fitted in a case like this whether your insurance would stretch for a new HUD-enabled screen as your "free windscreen per year" replacement?

Mick
    The Taxi - MY09 Senator Signature
    The Workhorse - VZ One Tonner
    The Daily - Kawasaki ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by VRIIClubby View Post
    He also said the VE and VF screen is a different size on the bottom? In case you were still looking at a VE body might be worth a double check.
    I will be using a ve body with the orig vf screen. If holden has left the old manual handbrake cable mounts on the vf I doubt the have changed the windscreen aperture. Window moulding part nos are the same.. Maybe lower profile changed. Part numbers are different for vf
    Last edited by Cobalt; 05-09-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QIKMIK View Post
    I got the screen in my Senator replaced recently. Not sure of the origin of the screen but O'Briens fitted it up. The Senator/Calais screen is "acoustic glass" apparently, costs a motsa and comes with a new rain sensor attached. Quoted around $700 so I'm glad it was an insurance job.

I would imagine that the more reputable windscreen places would have a fully compatible replacement and that $1200 is probably not a bad price. I hear stock screens for Veedubs are up around a grand. Wondering if the HUD and screen were fitted in a case like this whether your insurance would stretch for a new HUD-enabled screen as your "free windscreen per year" replacement?

Mick
    Toyota LC Sahara is Acoustic Glass and is 2K+. Insurance stumped up for a genuine replacement for the freebie.....

Thread Information