Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 GSX-R1000/R World Media Launch at Phillip Island This week...

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Re: 2017 GSX-R1000/R World Media Launch at Phillip Island This week...

I know exactly how the system works mate. You clearly have limited understanding on how these engines operate in a flat out environment. I have no doubt that the system adds to low end drivability. As simple as it is it's still added inertial weight. When flat out and above 10k most of the time, having low/mid rev torque isn't as big a deal. The superbike class bikes all run cams optimised for high end power. No need to flood the thread with references. Did it win? Nope. Did it show a major power advantage over the field? Nope. Let's just wait till May and see how it goes against the big boys at the IOM. If it breaks the BMW superstock track record. Then it will be a great achievement. Till then. It's all speculation and hype

Jason01 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-12-2019 @ 11:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SASLS1 View Post
    Josh Waters 2017 GSX-R1000R ASBK.... Stock Engine, Stock ECU (no tune), Stock rear shock & Spring, Street Exhaust, at ASBK Phillip Island opener....

He made it up to 2nd place, during one of the races...

Still waiting on parts to arrive...

Quote from link at bottom...

Consistent results in ASBK races two and three display potential.

Team Suzuki Ecstar’s 11th-hour Yamaha Motor Finance Australian Superbike Championship (ASBK) entry went impressively-well for Josh Waters aboard the all-new GSX-R1000R at Phillip Island on debut.
    Considering he had zero testing aboard the near-stock GSX-R1000R and completed his lone laps on a production model at Suzuki’s world launch, dual ASBK champion Waters was quickly up to speed and ended up 10th overall despite a DNF.
    A holed radiator ruled him out of the opening encounter on Saturday while he was in the front group, however the team was able to rectify any damage done by Sunday’s pair of national races to record fifth-place finishes in both.

“It was quite good with no testing and I haven’t raced a bike since October at the GP,” Waters told CycleOnline.com.au. “My expectations were like normal, to go better, but the team has done an amazing job to get this bike ready. It is amazing."

“The bike really is straight out of the box. It’s got a standard rear shock in it, we don’t have a different spring, we don’t have an ECU so can’t tune it and we’ve got a street exhaust on it. It’s a pretty cool bike, so I look forward to when we get some more parts. To be up there in the top five, I think that was good.”

With Wakefield Park’s second round right around the corner on 17-19 March, it’s expected Team Suzuki Ecstar will carry out its next phase of development in what is the home race of the Canberra Motorcycle Centre-operated dealer team.

“A lot depends on when we get parts, but I’d like to ride more and I need to ride at Wakefield. I know a lot of our main competition have done test days there, so I need to do some more laps at any track, so yeah!”

Link...

That's really impressive if it's all true, he's basically riding a bike that's probably lucky to be superstock spec and fairly competitive against the superbikes. For me if you really want to see where it's at, superstock is a much more limited class assuming everybody's playing by the rules and the riders are all equal.
    Last edited by Jason01; 02-03-2017 at 09:38 AM.

SASLS1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-02-2024 @ 08:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    I know exactly how the system works mate. You clearly have limited understanding on how these engines operate in a flat out environment. I have no doubt that the system adds to low end drivability. As simple as it is it's still added inertial weight. When flat out and above 10k most of the time, having low/mid rev torque isn't as big a deal. The superbike class bikes all run cams optimised for high end power. No need to flood the thread with references. Did it win? Nope. Did it show a major power advantage over the field? Nope. Let's just wait till May and see how it goes against the big boys at the IOM. If it breaks the BMW superstock track record. Then it will be a great achievement. Till then. It's all speculation and hype
    The SR-VVT (Suzuki Racing Variable Valve Timing) system was designed, developed and exclusive used in the Suzuki MotoGP bike...

The SR-VVT has know made it's way on to the Suzuki Supersport bike...

What part of MotoGP isn't a "flat out environment"......

It's their Broad power system getting the most power across the largest RPM range for the optimal result...

I never expected The First Race Ever of a All New Bike to win straight out the box, and never said it would, nor predicted anything....

Also considering Josh Waters ASBK is basically a road bike with very limited racing parts available being so new, running stock engine, stock tune, stock rear shock and spring, street exhaust, it held its own very well, making it up to 2nd place before the race was red flag, it has shown great potential against other ASBK that have had years of development............ What do you expect Seriously...

It was clocked at 299km/h down the main straight at Phillip Island during the race, compared to only 282km/h of the P1 winning rider... Whats not impressive about that...

Your the one that said and assumed BWM''s will fly past the GSX-R at the Isle Of Mann TT this year, before it has even happen.... Not Me....

I haven't assumed anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason01 View Post
    That's really impressive if it's all true, he's basically riding a bike that's probably lucky to be superstock spec and fairly competitive against the superbikes. For me if you really want to see where it's at, superstock is a much more limited class assuming everybody's playing by the rules and the riders are all equal.
    All true... here is the audio of an interview with Josh Waters on the first round of the ASBK at Phillip Island...

Link

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

The bike me video on it. It's hectic bro

https://youtu.be/XY_-9zI3CRk
    Last edited by whitels1ss; 02-03-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: embedded youtube clip

The reference from Suzuki are "Facts" on how the SR-VVT system actual works... direct from the Manufacture Suzuki, as apposed to hollow subjective opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by SASLS1 View Post
    The reference from Suzuki are "Facts" on how the SR-VVT system actual works... direct from the Manufacture Suzuki, as apposed to hollow subjective opinions...
    Yeah I guess AU Falcons have VCT too. They are also fully sick Uleh!!

Jason01 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-12-2019 @ 11:02 AM

The bike me video on it. It's hectic bro

https://youtu.be/XY_-9zI3CRk
    That's pretty amusing, Shaun Giles was about the only one taking it seriously, Kevin Curtin certainly doesn't look like he's going hungry. I bet they all still get around PI pretty damn fast though, some current and former big names in Aussie and international motorcycle racing there.

I'd love to get an invite to one of those days although whatever very limited talent I had is long behind me.
    Last edited by Jason01; 02-03-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Taylor Mackenzie (British Superbikes BSB) & Michael Dunlop testing in Spain...

More pics...

Can never have enough pics...

Latest pics...

Roger Hayden / Toni Elias MotoAmerica 2017 Suzuki GSX-R Superbike...

If you, and I quote "know exactly how the system works", then why do you keep writing false / incorrect statements......

Your first statement was totally wrong / incorrect... "It really will only add benefit to low/mid range, which is something no litre bike really lacks"

Your next statement is Still... totally wrong / incorrect... "I have no doubt that the system adds to low end drivability"

The Suzuki Racing Variable Valve Timing system (SR-VVT), adds Completely Zero........... to "low end drivability" or "add benefit to low/mid range", Whatsoever.............

The SR-VVT system, Only... adds too, significantly boosting high RPM power, when Engaged, from approx 10000 RPM to Red Line.

The SR-VVT system adds Completely Zero / Nothing........... when Disengaged from idle to approx 10000 RPM. (low to mid range)

These are the Facts from Suzuki....

Quote direct from Suzuki, on SR-VVT System Operation...

"The solution was the Suzuki Racing Variable Valve Timing (SR-VVT) system developed in MotoGP racing. Unlike complicated systems used by other manufacturers, the SR-VVT system is simpler, more compact, and lighter. The system is built into the intake cam sprocket and an adjacent guide plate, using 12 steel balls positioned between slanted radial grooves in the intake cam sprocket and straight radial grooves in the guide plate attached directly to the camshaft. As centrifugal force moves the balls outward at high rpm, the offset grooves align, rotating the position of the cam sprocket on the camshaft and retarding intake cam timing, adding significantly to high-rpm power.The beauty of the SR-VVT system is in its compact simplicity, light weight, reliability and seamless operation. Centrifugal force is constantly produced when the engine is running, and is free in that it does not use power that could otherwise turn the rear wheel. For more than a decade, racers have not been able to feel when the system moved to change the valve timing. What they have been able to feel is a seamless, significant increase in high-rpm power, without sacrificing any low or mid-range. And the system is built into existing parts, takes up no extra room in the engine, with a minimal weight increase."

MotoGP is 100%... a flat out environment...

The SR-VVT system now installed on the all new 2017 GSX-R for the first time ever, is Exactly.... the same system as used on the Suzuki MotoGP bike, see below...

Chief Engineer of the GSX-R project, Shinichi Sahara talks about the all new 2017 GSX-R...

Dated... 28th February 2017...

https://bikes.suzuki.co.uk/news/from-the-racetrack-to-the-road-developing-the-new-gsx-r1000r/

Thread Information