Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's VY SV8.

pricey is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 24-03-2024 @ 10:59 PM

Re: Nick's VY SV8.

What makes you not a fan, Mick?
    I've used it for the last 6 years and never had a problem with it.
    I was just using the last of it, next service I'll try something else in a 10W50 or 10W60 and see how the lifter noise goes.

mechatron is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 05-12-2023 @ 02:39 PM

Very nice car Pricey. Have you got any photos of your custom A-pillars? I too actually had the NZ3As, but now have the NZ3Ps installed in the pillars of my VY SS. I also have a pair of HAT L3SEs which may or may not go in the future.

pricey is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 24-03-2024 @ 10:59 PM

Thanks, mechatron!
    I took a quick picture of the pillars after I got home, camera flash never looks nice thought.
    The drivers are directed off axis pointing to the opposite headrests. There are more pictures floating around on another forum of when they were built a few years ago.
    They're definitely not perfect, but they sound bloody good and that's what matters!

Managed to take a half decent picture of the cluster (without it looking orange).

mechatron is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 05-12-2023 @ 02:39 PM

Nick's VY SV8.

Looking good Nick. Are you playing the NZ3As full range? ie tweeterless? And if yes what are your thoughts?

No, I am running them in a 2 way active setup at the moment with a set of Morel Elate 6's for midbass duties (50Hz-800Hz) then the NZ3A's are 800Hz-20,000Hz).
    That's as low as I can possibly run them down to due to the limitation of the head unit processing. Long term plan is 3 way active plus a sub stage with a Mosconi 6to8 processor

GORGAR 1 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2023 @ 08:34 PM

Looks nice and sounds great on the dyno

Thanks, GORGAR1!
    It looks like Photobucket has changed all the direct links to my photos when I was organizing my albums this arvo, is there a way to edit individual posts so I can fix it up?

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 06:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pricey View Post
    Thanks, GORGAR1!
    It looks like Photobucket has changed all the direct links to my photos when I was organizing my albums this arvo, is there a way to edit individual posts so I can fix it up?
    No you can't edit them bud.

Try posting new ones, then don't change things in your photobucket folders again!

I'm now using another website to host my photos!

Last edited by pricey; 21-05-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Gave the car a was last weekend and it turned out alright

Driving home from work yesterday on Pt Wakefield road in the 80km/h zone in the far right lane to turn off at the next set of lights, a VZ wagon with a open 6x4' trailer had some bits of wood in it. A piece of wood flew out and hit my headlight.
    Got the guy to pull over and he didn't really give a rats ass. Didn't apologize and he left.
    I reported it to the police station as I wrote down his license plates as he drove off and they will be warning him Monday about the dangers of having loose objects in a trailer.
    I'm thankful that it wasn't a bit of metal or a brick which could have been a much worse outcome.

After 2 passes with a heavy cut compound and my polisher the camera can't pick up the scratches anymore. Good enough! You can still see some up close in person though

GORGAR 1 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2023 @ 08:34 PM

Nick's VY SV8.

What a prick not giving a shit about damage caused hope the cops do pay him a visit.
    Last edited by GORGAR 1; 21-05-2017 at 01:51 PM.

When I reported the ass clown the officer at the station said that a traffic officer will be paying him a visit to talk about how unsafe a unrestrained load can be and give him a very stern warning.

This weekend I finally serviced the transmission, my least favorite thing to service.
    The car is one of the very last series 1 that was built in 10/02 but it has the series 2 stepped transmission pan and deeper engine sump so I suppose that is a score!

Some supplies for the job.

This is what the pan looked like after draining the fluid, not a very nice sight!
    From my knowledge it hadn't been serviced in over 5 years so it doesn't surprise me.

That's it for now, I'll probably do the diff and bleed the brakes sometime soon and it will be all up to date!

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Yes always a shitty job doing the Auto service! Your on the money using the large cardboard carton as it saves your concrete!

Long time no update.
    The car has been sitting unregistered due to financial restraints so I've been driving my girlfriends AE92 Corolla.
    Now that she finally has her P plates I have to register the SV8 again, so I thought I'd flush the brake fluid and bleed the system.

Nothing but the best, for the best!

Looking a bit worse for wear. don't know how old it actually is or what brand it was.

Nearly the whole liter flushed through with no air in the lines. Nice!

And a nice little exhaust leak I found when I started the bleeding process. Just need to tack it and she'll be right.

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pricey View Post
    When I reported the ass clown the officer at the station said that a traffic officer will be paying him a visit to talk about how unsafe a unrestrained load can be and give him a very stern warning.

This weekend I finally serviced the transmission, my least favorite thing to service.
    The car is one of the very last series 1 that was built in 10/02 but it has the series 2 stepped transmission pan and deeper engine sump so I suppose that is a score!

Some supplies for the job.

This is what the pan looked like after draining the fluid, not a very nice sight!
    From my knowledge it hadn't been serviced in over 5 years so it doesn't surprise me.

That's it for now, I'll probably do the diff and bleed the brakes sometime soon and it will be all up to date!
    One of the reasons I love manuals.

exhaust leak is excuse for a new system.......
    239/247 goodness............

Thread Information