Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NG (ZB) Commodore Pre-Production Drive

mac06 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-02-2019 @ 04:56 PM

NG (ZB) Commodore Pre-Production Drive

CarAdvice also have a video and writeup of a pre-production model of the next generation ZB Commodore. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea and, with SUV's being the current trend, will never sell in the numbers we've been used to for Commodore. Be interesting to see how it actually sells when released.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/577261/2...arousel&slot=0

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 20-04-2024 @ 11:18 PM

Re: NG (ZB) Commodore Pre-Production Drive

I think this will smash all sales records

for the lowest selling Commodore new release ever.

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 09:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    I think this will smash all sales records

for the lowest selling Commodore new release ever.
    and I think thousands of new car buyers will agree

The only thing that MAY be its saviour.. is fleet sales

Having been talking to Kia Hyundai Mazda already about VF replacements in 2018
    I have been asked ALREADY by our CEO at work (being the company's fleet manager)
    if this 'thing'(as he called it) is any good... and will be suitable for our reps to use?

No V6 wagon (apparently) ... only a v6 sedan counts against it for starters. Anyone
    want to give a 2 ltr wagon to a rep that does 90,000km a year? AND TOWS our product trailer
    (1400kg laden) + NO LOCKABLE boot (a hatch is stupid) for reps chucking product
    computers work gear into = more break ins (we have enuff now )

all means at present... the answer is probably not. But time will tell .....
    Last edited by Smitty; 25-08-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 20-04-2024 @ 11:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    and I think thousands of new car buyers will agree

The only thing that MAY be its saviour.. is fleet sales

Having been talking to Kia Hyundai Mazda already about VF replacements in 2018
    I have been asked ALREADY by our CEO at work (being the company's fleet manager)
    if this 'thing'(as he called it) is any good... and will be suitable for our reps to use?

No V6 wagon (apparently) ... only a v6 sedan counts against it for starters. Anyone
    want to give a 2 ltr wagon to a rep that does 90,000km a year? AND TOWS our product trailer
    (1400kg laden) + NO LOCKABLE boot (a hatch is stupid) for reps chucking product
    computers work gear into = more break ins (we have enuff now )

all means at present... the answer is probably not. But time will tell .....
    If I were buying a sedan (or wagon) that size I would go for a Mazda 6 as a compromise
    I still can't get my mind around the idea there soon won't be any large Aussie RWD cars.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Yes 2018+ will be sad for any Red brand buyers The v6 offering maybe nice as a work hack but certainly not for pleasure

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Yes 2018+ will be sad for any Red brand buyers The v6 offering maybe nice as a work hack but certainly not for pleasure
    true but how many 6 cyl commodores have you had as a to b cars that arnt fun

VK
    VR
    Vx
    VE x 2

in the end if priced well and does the a to b it might sell, SA police are going to use them unsure about interstate police, i'll keep my VE ss ute till I die(or no petrol) the VF2 isn't a love for me its ok but no sole like the VE think its the electric sterring
    239/247 goodness............

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

VF2 isn't a love for me its ok but no sole like the VE think its the electric sterring
    VF electric steering is a huge handling improvement over VE in my book, not to mention leaky PS reservoirs of atf straight into your alternator

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 20-04-2024 @ 02:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKVE View Post
    true but how many 6 cyl commodores have you had as a to b cars that arnt fun

VK
    VR
    Vx
    VE x 2

in the end if priced well and does the a to b it might sell, SA police are going to use them unsure about interstate police, i'll keep my VE ss ute till I die(or no petrol) the VF2 isn't a love for me its ok but no sole like the VE think its the electric sterring
    Nothing to do with the extra 5000rwhp the ute has mate lol

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 20-04-2024 @ 02:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    VF electric steering is a huge handling improvement over VE in my book, not to mention leaky PS reservoirs of atf straight into your alternator
    My VT2 SS had the leaky PS reservoir from the day I bought it to the day I sold it Mick, fukcing annoying. My VE hasn't leaked once yet (off to find some wood).

Luminous is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 14-01-2024 @ 10:44 PM

I'm curious to know what makes it stand out from the competition? At least the Commodore was marketed as a powerful rear-wheel drive family car

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 09:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I'm curious to know what makes it stand out from the competition? At least the Commodore was marketed as a powerful rear-wheel drive family car
    .. have a read of the various articles on the new Holden FAirlane (injoke amongst my car mates... njuk njuk) here this week

https://www.goauto.com.au/goautonews.html

Holden are comparing it to the Passat amongst others. I can see another pricing screwup about to happen
    (as happened with the Astra) Out of Europe?..yep, a premium (Holden says it is) vehicle priced as such

if they do that, it will be dead in the water
    Last edited by Smitty; 30-08-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    SMITTY

C4B is offline C4B Last Online: 17-04-2024 @ 10:25 PM

Judging by the design it looks like the award winning design team that penned the AU Falcon is back in work again.

mac06 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-02-2019 @ 04:56 PM

With a bit of luck Holden will have learned from the Astra Hatch pricing debacle.

IMHO it may very well be technologically advanced, etc..... but if Holden want it to compete with the likes of Mazda and VW then they will first have to earn the right to do that. Price it very well and hopefully sell sufficient numbers to make it seen on the roads. If there are sufficient numbers driving around then it could snowball into more sales. The brand image has to be built/ earned over a number of years. Until then it's going to have to compete for the ever shrinking slice of the large/ medium car market.

Quote Originally Posted by C4B View Post
    Judging by the design it looks like the award winning design team that penned the AU Falcon is back in work again.

oooh ... harsh but there is an element of truth there

remember it is meant to be a GM global design ( and I have NO idea how Simcoe could have signed that off )
    SMITTY

Ausmartin1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-08-2021 @ 08:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mac06 View Post
    CarAdvice also have a video and writeup of a pre-production model of the next generation ZB Commodore. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea and, with SUV's being the current trend, will never sell in the numbers we've been used to for Commodore. Be interesting to see how it actually sells when released.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/577261/2...arousel&slot=0
    I can tell you, after they hoist a bunch on each dealer by brute force and they sit around waiting for the person who has no clue and loves to finance an exorbitant price..... probably not much.
    Got to feel for the dealers it is going to be heck of a shrink year upcoming in 2018.

PS GM we already had the AU style experience and not many want to revisit the PAST !
    Love the model designation NG = No Good, ZB = Zeta Buggered version
    Sadly how appropriate.
    Last edited by Ausmartin1; 01-09-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information