Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SSV Motorsport

michaelgiusti78 is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 28-04-2018 @ 03:13 PM

SSV Motorsport

Hi all,

Ordered an Ssv motorsport 8 months ago and just got it last week. Beautiful car. I managed to clock just 154km by doing little joy rides around the area were i live for the past week. Today i decided that it was time to take it to work for the first time, bad decision. Just minutes around the corner from work, I'm at the lights in idle and i notice that the motor started making a knocking noise WTF!!! Car turned off on me in the middle of the road. I started the car again and managed to pull over onto the footpath and called Holden roadside assist. Car got towed to the nearest Holden and dropped off for the service department to look at it. I was told that it would be 1 week before they can give me an answer as to what happened. Got a call this afternoon from Holden telling me that i need a brand new motor as the one in my car has blown up after 176km of driving. I am just shattered at the moment and wondering if this has happened to anyone that got a brand new car. TIA
    Last edited by whitels1ss; 06-09-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Removed phone signature

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 05-10-2023 @ 11:01 AM

Re: SSV Motorsport

Doesn't sound good at all...can't say I've heard of too many failures though. Most people I know drive it like they stole it for those first few kms and they go on to live a trouble free life

michaelgiusti78 is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 28-04-2018 @ 03:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by white lie View Post
    Doesn't sound good at all...can't say I've heard of too many failures though. Most people I know drive it like they stole it for those first few kms and they go on to live a trouble free life
    I was told by the dealer not to go over 3000-3500 rpm for the first 1000km then pretty much drive like i stole the thing. The funny thing is that i complied. I had a VE Ssv ute and flogged the thing from day dot, no issues with this car for the 5 years that i had it.

QIKMIK is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-03-2024 @ 12:33 PM

It's not unheard of for an LS to go pop straight from the factory but instances are pretty far between. Call it luck. Hopefully the dealer can get you sorted quickly.

Time for a W407 package on the original donk partially funded by the dealer?

Mick
    The Taxi - MY09 Senator Signature
    The Workhorse - VZ One Tonner
    The Daily - Kawasaki ZX-10R

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

that sucks, new engine or rebuild?

Hate that new car engine number changes, hope you have a good loan car
    239/247 goodness............

CLUBRED is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-09-2021 @ 09:02 AM

The owner's manual actually outlines the run in process which I followed just in case I voided warranty somehow - touch wood my issues have been cosmetic only so far (and my drivers door sounds like it moght fall off when I close it). There's more to it than keeping the rpm down.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKVE View Post

I'd be asking for a nice depreciation reimbursement to.

When I worked at Holden we had a wall of new engines and gearboxes, the great wall it was dubbed, I lost count how many were done many were new HSVs. The guys got pretty good and pulling engines, the HSV team was bigger than the rest to cope.

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 10:31 PM

Interesting to find out what caused the engine to fail?

Please keep the thread updated.

super coach is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 05-10-2017 @ 10:50 AM

I have a brand new motorsport 400km and I am getting some awful vibrating shudder noise from the drive line when clutching. It has gotten worse with the km, to a point where the car just sits in the garage and I am now just waiting for a day to take it back to the dealer, hoping it might be just a heat shield or something. I am also getting bad wind noise from my drivers side mirror, I fold it in and the wind noise goes away. My MY16 Redline was perfect, no issues what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by QIKMIK View Post
    It's not unheard of for an LS to go pop straight from the factory but instances are pretty far between. Call it luck. Hopefully the dealer can get you sorted quickly.

Time for a W407 package on the original donk partially funded by the dealer?

Mick
    I wish hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKVE View Post

Hi Black VE,

Brand new engine I've been told. Number to be changed too. Loan car is a 2017 SV6.

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Interesting to find out what caused the engine to fail?

Please keep the thread updated.
    Hi mate,

The guy from the dealership called me while i was at a funeral yesterday (not for my engine) and spoke pretty briefly with him. All i could understand is that the pistons and valves jammed and that i was lucky to be sitting at a set of lights instead of doing 110 on a freeway. He told me that i will have my car back by Thursday next week. I'll ask for a proper explanation then update with info.

Sounds like the dealership is looking after you mate.

dgp is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 03-11-2023 @ 06:06 AM

Was there any oil in the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    Was there any oil in the engine?
    At this stage i don't know, i checked the road where i broke down and there was no oil stains.

A mate of mine had his cam gear bolts come loose because someone had not done them up
    & loctited them properly so the cam gear came off the front of the cam stopping the cam from turning so it smashed valves on pistons.

In this case I think it might also have been some sort of failure with the camshaft or valve train
    but I doubt Holden will give ever give much more details.

Thread Information