Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ZB Commodore sales

ZB Commodore sales

According to a wheels mag article on Facebook, Holden have sold just under 1000 Commodores including 400 VFs in March. So only around 600 ZB. I was getting my Cascada serviced yesterday and one of the sales people said they hadn’t sold a single ZB yet. Can’t help but feel there will be some massive discounts in the near future to shift stock. It already has a 7 year warranty so with a decent haircut would make a reasonable A to B car.

Cheers, Matthew
    Last edited by Jag530G; 05-04-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 09:53 PM

Re: ZB Commodore sales

We stopped in to see them in the flesh a few days back (City Holden Hillcrest). They are pretty underwhelming to look at, especially when you see them sitting side by side with a VF SS or the like. Now the wagon is a whole different kettle of fish, that thing looks like ugly and ungainly had a child. We noticed that they had tried to hide a brand spankers VF SSV Redline wagon in Phantom down the very back of the yard, good move I reckon, the ZB wagon doesn't need any help looking bad.

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jag530G View Post
    According to a wheels mag article on Facebook, Holden have sold just under 1000 Commodores including 400 VFs in March. So only around 600 ZB. I was getting my Cascada serviced yesterday and one of the sales people said they hadn’t sold a single ZB yet. Can’t help but feel there will be some massive discounts in the near future to shift stock. It already has a 7 year warranty so with a decent haircut would make a reasonable A to B car.

Cheers, Matthew

the official retail release of ZB was Friday March 2 so this is not a full month
    and
    advertising..??? nope nothing on the teev in the papers or in social media
    that i have seen

sorta says they ain't gunna sell many
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

QIKMIK is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-03-2024 @ 12:33 PM

I've made a concerted effort to get myself to a dealer to see every new Commodore since...probably VS. Haven't been anywhere near a dealer for this one and most likely won't. Haven't seen any on the road in Canberra yet either.

Mick
    The Taxi - MY09 Senator Signature
    The Workhorse - VZ One Tonner
    The Daily - Kawasaki ZX-10R

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 05-10-2023 @ 11:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    the official retail release of ZB was Friday March 2 so this is not a full month
    and
    that i have seen

I see it advertised on TV a fair bit and I don't watch much TV at all...doesn't stand out as a memorable advert or do anything for the actual car though

surfwagon is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 08-03-2020 @ 06:26 PM

I like most on here can't stand the new ZB and what it stands for at Holden.
    But one thing not to forget is that if Holden goes down the gurgler like Saab or MG there goes the warranty on the last of the VF's.
    Parts for pre VE are already started to come up as no longer available and I don't think Holden has any plans to source new ones from new suppliers.
    I have noticed a few people starting search for the new or 2nd hand electronic accel pedal for VY2-VZ's as they are coming up as NLA.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

search for the new or 2nd hand electronic accel pedal for VY2-VZ's as they are coming up as NLA
    Was lucky I was nosing around a FB page a few yrs ago & a fella had bought a new FBW VZ pedal assy, but couldn't use it in his project.
    I bought it & put it on the shelf, noticed my one has a binding spot at times & will need changing out at some point

motomk is offline Da Knife Last Online: 27-03-2024 @ 01:49 AM

I test drove a 4 cylinder Turbo with 9 speed auto, after lowering the seat which puts you nearly on the tarmac, drove it around the block.
    It actually didn't go too bad and it steered very well. Ok, I am not a fan of it being called a Commodore, call it what it is and let it sell itself!
    Not sure I would bother with the V6 version. Give the 4 cylinder turbo petrol, AWD and a wagon version and they might go ok!

csv rulz is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-06-2023 @ 09:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by motomk View Post
    I test drove a 4 cylinder Turbo with 9 speed auto, after lowering the seat which puts you nearly on the tarmac, drove it around the block.
    It actually didn't go too bad and it steered very well. Ok, I am not a fan of it being called a Commodore, call it what it is and let it sell itself!
    Not sure I would bother with the V6 version. Give the 4 cylinder turbo petrol, AWD and a wagon version and they might go ok!
    After driving both the 4T is the pick of the engines. The V6 doesnt feel any faster especially with the extra weight of AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    and
    that i have seen

I see Commodore ads on Facebook heavily pushing the seven year warranty.

The Equinox on sold a couple hundred, which considering the popularity of SUVs, hurts Holden far more.

If Holden can’t sell Commodores without massive incentives the Commodore won’t be around for long. All the concerns about where the next all new model will be academic.

I have to admit if I was in the market for a large car and the discount was solid I’d go for it. Nice warranty.

Holden won’t go down, selling imported cars is far less capital intensive than building them, I think a more likely scenario is the GM sells Holden to PSA group to join its stable mates Opel/Vauxhall. PSA doesn’t do as well here as it once did so Holden would help the cause. GM has all but given up in RHD markets so would make sense.

Cheers, Matthew

Cheers, Matthew.
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

csv rulz is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-06-2023 @ 09:14 PM

The Equinox on sold a couple hundred, which considering the popularity of SUVs, hurts Holden far more.

If Holden can’t sell Commodores without massive incentives the Commodore won’t be around for long. All the concerns about where the next all new model will be academic.

I have to admit if I was in the market for a large car and the discount was solid I’d go for it. Nice warranty.

Holden won’t go down, selling imported cars is far less capital intensive than building them, I think a more likely scenario is the GM sells Holden to PSA group to join its stable mates Opel/Vauxhall. PSA doesn’t do as well here as it once did so Holden would help the cause. GM has all but given up in RHD markets so would make sense.

Cheers, Matthew

Cheers, Matthew.
    I think i read that captiva outsold equinox last month. Which is saying something as captiva is about 10 yrs past its used by date

SASLS1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-02-2024 @ 08:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by motomk View Post
    Agreed...

The 2 litre Turbo version is 137kg lighter than the awd v6, and has only 31Nm less torque, than the V6. If only the 2T was RWD...

2T 350Nm between 3000 - 40000 RPM...

V6 381Nm peak @ 5200 RPM...

The 2T would be such more fun to drive, with its broad flat torque curve.

Why Holden waste their time with the V6, is beyond me, it's Ridiculous...

With a couple of tweaks the 2T would easily surpass the V6, would be lighter, more fuel efficient, and more powerful...

But, Holden are stupid... FWD only Rubbish that no one wants...

AWD... IMO... is Totally un-necessary, and just adds extra weight, which is totally redundant...... when the car is cruising along at light load, where most cars spend the Vast Majority of their time on the street...

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by csv rulz View Post
    I think i read that captiva outsold equinox last month. Which is saying something as captiva is about 10 yrs past its used by date
    Captiva is in selling out mode... Holden are doing stupid discounts to get rid of them
    (like I have seen ads ....$10k off a LTZ with all the fruit)

as the Equinox replaces the 5 seat Captivia (and the Arcadia due next month replaces the 7 seater)
    SMITTY

Cheers, Matthew.
    curious... never seen one on my FB

but Holden NEED the 7 year warranty on all their range
    too many competitors already have a 5 or 7 *year one
    and a standard 3 year does not cut it these days

* I just bought a couple of Kia Sorentos for the company car fleet
    and the main reason is... these have a 7 year warranty (plus the price was nice)
    SMITTY

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

I've driven both the base model 4T and the VRX V6. I always test drive the new models. It's obvious that sales are poor as the dealer has contracted me on numerous occasions to check if I am interested.

From my experience the VRX isn't a bad car. Its loaded with tech, although the wireless phone charger didn't work and the car had a dash rattle. Small quirks but still for a brand new car where Holden is trying to run the whole german quality angle its just not there.
    Main problems I have with it are the performance. Think about it like this. Nearly 20 years ago an SS was slightly faster than the VRX! 20 years!!!

Excusing that, the car is just boring to drive. The auto is stupid and easily confused, its just not a performance car. If you wanted just a nice car to drive A to B you might consider it. But there are cheaper better looking alternatives out there that are going to be more reliable and offer better resale.

Thread Information