Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: ZB Commodore sales

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 24-04-2024 @ 04:54 PM

Re: ZB Commodore sales

If it were not for this forum and a couple of motoring mags that I read, I would not even know that Holden still had a Commodore in it's range.

A^K^T is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 25-04-2024 @ 03:51 PM

According to Wikipedia founded 1856 and 1908 it moved into the automotive field.
    Link
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    .. just to add to all this

saw a Vauxhall ad on the teev here a few minutes ago
    interesting what their slogan is

The BRITISH brand since 1903

so just what is holden's (since manufacturing stopped)??
    Well Vauxhall is owned by Peugeot now, so Holden could say it’s an Australian brand since the 1850s.

I’m in The UK at the moment and it is interesting to see the slower rise of CUVs, the smaller SUVs. Not surprised that there aren’t many Vauxhall Insigias on the road, large sedans are dead. People want SUVs or in the case in Europe BMWs, Merck’s and Audi’s. The difference in price between a BMW and an up spec insignia isn’t great. This phenomenon is why the Omega was dropped years ago.

Cheers, Matthew
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

drove one in Oz when they were first released.. nothing special but nothing bad
    get out of a Camry and get into a Mondeo.. they drive similarly whitegoods on wheels

I never went further with them, as like with the Falcon, Ford are tight arses
    when it comes to fleet pricing. I get better pricing from Audi BMW and
    Peugot than I get from Ford (and Holden fleet discount can be double Fords)
    Interesting my misses is fleet manager for 150 cars and 90% are ford they really want the business, mix of Mondeo wagons rangers and transits, just 2 falcons left in fleet.

Shes got a Everest atm from ford as a trial car and fleet pricing is great.
    239/247 goodness............

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 25-04-2024 @ 06:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKVE View Post
    Interesting my misses is fleet manager for 150 cars and 90% are ford they really want the business, mix of Mondeo wagons rangers and transits, just 2 falcons left in fleet.

Shes got a Everest atm from ford as a trial car and fleet pricing is great.
    ...curious that
    We were just about all Ford when I was appointed fleet manager back at the end of 2011 but all were bought at full retail coz the drivers were told to get a quote for a xx model Ford to replace their existing car.
    When I got the national fleet manager title put on the business card... I went to all makers of cars in the fleet then Toyota Holden BMW Audi etc all offered decent discounts. Ford? ... said no. Simple as that!

4 years later. .. no Fords and I had reduced the cost of the fleet by over $500,000. Even saved 50k on the couple of BMWs on changeover

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 25-04-2024 @ 06:19 PM

..ps
    Saw an Amarok on the way to the airport (flying to Ireland to be sure to be sure 😊 )

I can see why SUVs and CUVs are killing sedan sales. I hustled rented a Ford Kuga (now badges as Escape in oz). Base model with 1.5 turbo diesel. I was amazed at how well it went for mid range high way driving up to Isle of Skye from Fort William doing plenty of 60kph-100kph speeds. It’s based on a Ford Focus platform butvthe upright seating allows more Leg room. The downside of course is the handling, a bit floaty. Apart from handling why buy a Focus over a Escape? If you wanted a day to day runabout/work vehicle they make sense. And that’s 95% of people. In the UK I think they will become a status symbol as your ordinary Astra/Focus hatched become even more fleet fodder and SUVs will be seen above that.
    I spent most of my money on unreliable cars and less reliable women, the rest I wasted.
    W.C. Fields

BLACKVE is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-03-2023 @ 08:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jag530G View Post
    I can see why SUVs and CUVs are killing sedan sales. I hustled rented a Ford Kuga (now badges as Escape in oz). Base model with 1.5 turbo diesel. I was amazed at how well it went for mid range high way driving up to Isle of Skye from Fort William doing plenty of 60kph-100kph speeds. It’s based on a Ford Focus platform butvthe upright seating allows more Leg room. The downside of course is the handling, a bit floaty. Apart from handling why buy a Focus over a Escape? If you wanted a day to day runabout/work vehicle they make sense. And that’s 95% of people. In the UK I think they will become a status symbol as your ordinary Astra/Focus hatched become even more fleet fodder and SUVs will be seen above that.
    We got a ford edge in Canada and same drove nice and we could fit all our baggage in it did over 2000kms in it and petrol turbo had enough grunt for overtaking. Ok for a daily

Believe its the mazda cx9 base.

...curious that
    We were just about all Ford when I was appointed fleet manager back at the end of 2011 but all were bought at full retail coz the drivers were told to get a quote for a xx model Ford to replace their existing car.
    When I got the national fleet manager title put on the business card... I went to all makers of cars in the fleet then Toyota Holden BMW Audi etc all offered decent discounts. Ford? ... said no. Simple as that!

4 years later. .. no Fords and I had reduced the cost of the fleet by over $500,000. Even saved 50k on the couple of BMWs on changeover
    Yeh the fleet market is odd they done the run around for good/better deals but ford won by a mile Toyota just dont seem to care same as holden.

Funny Mercedes has got some sale with there sprinter Vans with a good discount but availability not always good, there can also be a wait on some speced rangers sometimes.

Souljah is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-04-2024 @ 02:01 PM

Work has the new turbo diesel Ford Transit vans. Just a lazy 30k between services/oil changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag530G View Post
    Avis at Dublin airport offered me a Qashqai SUV or a Skoda Estate for our trip around Ireland
    I took the Skoda as the Qasqai is not known for its handling (or turning circle which is huge)
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
    Work has the new turbo diesel Ford Transit vans. Just a lazy 30k between services/oil changes.
    ITs great when your Vans do 200k in 2 yrs average.

On topic still haven't seen a ZB on the road in Adelaide yet.

Aus8 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-03-2019 @ 09:33 AM

Kind of fitting really it has no right there in the manufacturing place of the real Commodore! It had dare not show its ugly face there and feels embarrassed to have a Commodore badge on it.

.... saw one today
    in southern Ireland, the town of Waterford ( as in the glass crystal stuff)

SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Thread Information