Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ZB Commodore sales

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 04:44 PM

Re: ZB Commodore sales

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I wouldn't actually buy one either.. as I detest Silly Useless Vehicles
    poor handling under powered a lot of them resource hogs and a pox on the planet.
    You nailed it Smitty!

Ausmartin1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-08-2021 @ 08:29 PM

This is the whole point of the SUV "arm race" First they increase safety as you ride higher ( unless you roll on your roof - that is bad) Then you have better visibility until everyone in the neighbourhood has an SUV which then cancels out both the safety and visibility aspect. It is a god send for car manufacturers to sell basically a station wagon on stilts along with 4wd option 99% of families will never use. Marketing is a wonderful cash extraction exercise of the above who refuse to drive last generations sedans and wagons. Even Mitsubishi has found money / profit only in SUV and 4WD's. Lets face it public are suckers and love being played, while corporations will take advantage that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausmartin1 View Post
    This is the whole point of the SUV First they increase safety as you ride higher ( unless you roll on your roof - that is bad)

I have seen quite a few of them get rolled, some after only being involved in minor looking collisions.

The increased ride height makes them less stable & less safe in some circumstances.

I personally can't stand the things.

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 05-10-2023 @ 11:01 AM

Only reason I own one is the seating capacity. No way in the world am I buying a minivan and as much as I'd like a Cruiser, they're just too expensive. That said, the current CX9 is an excellent car.

csv rulz is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-06-2023 @ 09:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by white lie View Post
    Only reason I own one is the seating capacity. No way in the world am I buying a minivan and as much as I'd like a Cruiser, they're just too expensive. That said, the current CX9 is an excellent car.
    The benefits of an SUV come down to packaging. The likes of the CX9 and Sorrento are a similar length to a commodore yet seat 7. My wife's current midsize SUV is 4.5m long, the same length as her old pulsar and yet is a lot more practicle with more interior space. If you drive it any more than 6/10ths pace it is absolute rubbish. But she just pots around town so its perfect for what she uses it for

I personally would trade it for a VF Calais wagon tomorrow. Convincing my wife to get a wagon and that she doesnt need an SUV is mission impossible though
    Last edited by csv rulz; 14-04-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 10:54 AM

My daughter bought a new Kia Carnival diesel a year or so ago.
    Her husband is 6'8", she has 2 children,..heaps of room in it for everyone, shopping etc etc,....all the family absolutely love it,...leather seats, mag wheels, GPS, good stereo etc,....I wouldn't even have looked at one of them a few years ago, but for her use it's perfect, and I can understand why people buy 'em.
    Pickles.

mjrandom is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-10-2021 @ 11:14 PM

And I always thought marketing was created to give people with no skills a job!

QIKMIK is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 16-03-2024 @ 12:33 PM

Saw this one on Facepage this morning - MSN Holden story. Gives a fair indication of things to come from what I can see.

Mick
    The Taxi - MY09 Senator Signature
    The Workhorse - VZ One Tonner
    The Daily - Kawasaki ZX-10R

Luminous is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 14-01-2024 @ 10:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by QIKMIK View Post
    Saw this one on Facepage this morning - MSN Holden story. Gives a fair indication of things to come from what I can see.

Mick
    GM bosses can say what they like. They are now in the same arena as politicians. It is only now, that they realise they are in the shit, not having a proper plan and just believing that everything will be alright.

As soon as they start with 'we are committed' I tune out. They are committed alright, just need the guys in white coats with nets to round them up.

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mjrandom View Post
    And I always thought marketing was created to give people with no skills a job!
    ... naaah
    it is to keep people with an overinflated sense of self importance off the streets

and I say that having worked in the marketing and advertising depts of several large companies,
    an advertising agency in Clemengers as well as a TV Commercial and Film production company
    Last edited by Smitty; 16-04-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by white lie View Post
    .............., the current CX9 is an excellent car.
    expensive compared to the market competitors it is, as I am finding out

got asked Friday last week to get something like a Santa Fe, CX9, Sorento, Pathfinder, Craptiva, Kluger etc
    as an addition to the company fleet (long story with this). Still accumulating data on each... warranty
    service costs, fuel use etc... and doing some test drives but it looks like the Mazda will be the first to be
    crossed off the list and that is based solely on price.

Mentioned by Pickles above, am also looking at the Carnival and along with that, the Honda Odyssey (pricey too!)
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 05-10-2023 @ 11:01 AM

Depends on your requirements and with a fleet vehicle, majority of the decision would probably come down to pricing but there's really not that much in it between a CX9, Kluger, Kodiaq etc. They can all be had for 46k drive away without any haggling or fleet pricing. For us, we liked the CX9 far better than anything else we tried out

I think the CX9 is a much nicer car & I think it would hold it's residual value far better than some of the others mentioned.

SASLS1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-02-2024 @ 08:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    expensive compared to the market competitors it is, as I am finding out

got asked Friday last week to get something like a Santa Fe, CX9, Sorento, Pathfinder, Craptiva, Kluger etc
    as an addition to the company fleet (long story with this). Still accumulating data on each... warranty
    service costs, fuel use etc... and doing some test drives but it looks like the Mazda will be the first to be
    crossed off the list and that is based solely on price.

Mentioned by Pickles above, am also looking at the Carnival and along with that, the Honda Odyssey (pricey too!)

Person at my work has 5 kids, he looked around at all the options for 7 seats vehicles, Cruiser was way to expensive, he went for a Kia Carnival, 7 year warranty, reasonably priced, loads of features all his family really likes, he's had it for a few years now and loves it...

He even drove it to Brisbane and back from Melbourne for a family holiday fully loaded with his whole family ( 7 people ) and all there stuff, no problem what so ever...

jc_sv8 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 27-03-2024 @ 10:59 PM

They name the thing an Equinox - interesting twice a year...

Thread Information