Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ZB Commodore sales

mjrandom is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-10-2021 @ 11:14 PM

Re: ZB Commodore sales

Quote Originally Posted by jc_sv8 View Post
    They name the thing an Equinox - interesting twice a year...
    Better than Santa.

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 05:50 PM

zorro is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 04:18 PM

Bye bye holden, I’d be betting brand is done by 2020.
    GM: Has millions of dollars and highly trained engineers.

Guy in his backyard:
    Has a hole saw.

Ausmartin1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-08-2021 @ 08:29 PM

I bet sooner than 2020. All the armchair critics could see this blind folded.
    What amazes me is all the GM people getting paid the big bucks couldn't for see this?
    I smell a rat... GM is desperately pulling out everywhere globally.
    GM is only interested in 3 main left hand drive markets - North America, China & South America.

Australian GM market accounts for 0.97%.
    I bet they can't wait to sell / bankrupt GM Korea which they mis managed after Holden profits bought originally called Daewoo then.

If GM Korea goes, one can kiss the Holden brand goodnight.

The only decent MD Holden ever had was Peter Hanenberger and they never listened to him, those dumb HQ GM morons.
    Here is history re visited and it is so ironic it is not funny:
    https://www.motoring.com.au/hanenber...nymore-109467/

motomk is offline Da Knife Last Online: 27-03-2024 @ 01:49 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ausmartin1 View Post
    I bet they can't wait to sell / bankrupt GM Korea which they mis managed after Holden profits bought originally called Daewoo then.

The only decent MD Holden ever had was Peter Hanenberger and they never listened to him, those dumb HQ GM morons.
    They should of helped GM Korea (Daewoo) become similar to it's friends over there, Kia/Hyundai.
    Not continue to build the same re-bodied Daewoos. If worse came to worse they should have let them build the Insignia sorry, Commodore and European Astra and Corsa.

Gaywoo have built some absolute crap over the years!

falcom is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 18-08-2020 @ 10:11 PM

These are very sad days indeed and I cannot see how Holden can dig themselves out of this. Unfortunately the bad decisions Holden have made in the past are now coming back to bite them hard. Bringing in poor quality products has burnt so many people that they will not even consider a Holden now no matter how good the current product is. They are also very slow at fixing known problems such as the wheel sensor issue in the VE and the leaking engines in the diesel Captivas.I have spoken to people who have changed sensors 6 or 7 times and had to foot the bill themselves once out of warranty. I have always purchased Commodores as I had a passion for the brand but a lot of people as well as myself have now lost that passion. I currently have a VF and love it but it will be my last Holden. My next car will now most likely be a Mazda. Crossing my fingers for an unlikely miracle but not holding my breath.
    Last edited by falcom; 18-04-2018 at 08:24 PM.

A^K^T is online now Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 05:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ausmartin1 View Post
    I bet sooner than 2020. All the armchair critics could see this blind folded.
    What amazes me is all the GM people getting paid the big bucks couldn't for see this?
    I smell a rat... GM is desperately pulling out everywhere globally.
    GM is only interested in 3 main left hand drive markets - North America, China & South America.

Australian GM market accounts for 0.97%.

Interesting read , bought a new 03 VY Tonner in 04 (still have it) then in 2012 i went car shopping again.
    Looked at the 1.4 SRI Cruze as i didn't want a large car , didn't think much of the styling but it had local input when made.
    Also test drove the Veloster and Focus , the Focus got the nod but was moved on after a year because of the transmission (the Powershift)

Have a VY Equipe as a runabout , cost about $400 290,000k on the clock (265,000k when i got it) and the auto trans works better that the Ford jobbie and seems to accelerate quicker than the Cruze , i am having to spend some money on it over the next week or so (tires & rear brakes) but its still cheap transport.
    If the modern Torana had gone ahead it would have been a one i would have looked at but as it is i think the Focus was my last new car.
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by A^K^T View Post
    .............. but as it is i think the Focus was my last new car.
    Indeed it is...
    as Fraud announced today the withdrawal of the Focus from the market with the exception
    of the hottie version (which will cease at the end of its model life and not be replaced)
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 10:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Indeed it is...
    as Fraud announced today the withdrawal of the Focus from the market with the exception
    of the hottie version (which will cease at the end of its model life and not be replaced)
    I didn't know that. I thought that we would be getting Focus from a different manufacturing source (Europe), but I didn't know that Focus would no longer be available in Aus. That would be a shame, because the new model looks ok.
    Pickles.

Here is some stuff on the new Fiesta...

"FORD Australia has officially confirmed a local arrival of the next-generation Ford Fiesta ST for about this time next year.
    The new ST will feature a more powerful 147kW/290Nm 1.5-litre three-pot EcoBoost engine and six-speed manual transmission,
    with performance further enhanced by light-weight cutting-edge chassis technology and advanced aerodynamics.............."

(continued see link below....)

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/18...-for-australia

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

CLUBRED is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-09-2021 @ 09:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by falcom View Post
    My next car will now most likely be a Mazda. Crossing my fingers for an unlikely miracle but not holding my breath.
    I think the inbound Mazda 6 with the 2.5T will be a cracker...

csv rulz is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-06-2023 @ 09:14 PM

Indeed it is...
    Surely ford would be crazy not to have a car on sale in one of the biggest selling segments.
    Although i guess mitsubishi are headed in a similar direction

Smitty is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 01:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Here is some stuff on the new Fiesta...

"FORD Australia has officially confirmed a local arrival of the next-generation Ford Fiesta ST for about this time next year.
    The new ST will feature a more powerful 147kW/290Nm 1.5-litre three-pot EcoBoost engine and six-speed manual transmission,
    with performance further enhanced by light-weight cutting-edge chassis technology and advanced aerodynamics.............."

(continued see link below....)

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/18...-for-australia
    can see what Ford is doing here
    only throw the best performing versions into our market .. re the Focus and Fiesta
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

can see what Ford is doing here
    only throw the best performing versions into our market .. re the Focus and Fiesta
    Pity GM can't do the same.

Thread Information