Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharger for VFSS

HOLDAN is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 14-03-2024 @ 02:36 PM

Supercharger for VFSS

Good afternoon

I've had my VF SSV redline for just over 2 years now. It is still stock as.

I have been thinking about getting a supercharger installed (after many years developing a NA L98 in my VESS which I sold - cue many tears).

I like the look of Walkinshaw's W547 package. Based on a WP230 supercharger (not sure if it's Eaton or what). RRP $23,250.

Good choice or not???

Regards, Dan

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 06:54 PM

Re: Supercharger for VFSS

I would go with a Harrop FDFI2300 kit https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/autom...vs2300?make=30

& as I see you are in Brisbane I would suggest that you talk to (ex forum sponsor) Mark at Power Torque https://powertorqueengines.com.au/

They are Harrop & Walkinshaw dealers.

Sorry, missed your question.... Yes Walkinshaw use Eaton TVS rotors in their blowers.

I have linked below a video which explains some of the different rotating assemblies in blowers with
    some advantages / disadvantages listed on some of them & a little bit about the bypass valve etc.
    (I know he is talking about smaller sized blowers but the principal of the way the larger ones work is the same.)

Hope you find something of interest in the video.

Here is another video about differences in types of blowers which you could find interesting.

I honestly think the TVS type (used in both Harrop & Walkinshaw kits) is the best choice for a street car.

HOLDAN is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 14-03-2024 @ 02:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Sorry, missed your question.... Yes Walkinshaw use Eaton TVS rotors in their blowers.

I have linked below a video which explains some of the different rotating assemblies in blowers with
    some advantages / disadvantages listed on some of them & a little bit about the bypass valve etc.
    (I know he is talking about smaller sized blowers but the principal of the way the larger ones work is the same.)

Hope you find something of interest in the video.
    Great info - thank you

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    I would go with a Harrop FDFI2300 kit https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/autom...vs2300?make=30

& as I see you are in Brisbane I would suggest that you talk to (ex forum sponsor) Mark at Power Torque https://powertorqueengines.com.au/

They are Harrop & Walkinshaw dealers.
    Yes I've spoken with Mark

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 18-01-2024 @ 01:35 PM

I know of someone who went the Walkinshaw package on his E3 GTS. Basically has spent a lot of money since at various shops in order to finally get it running properly. I was told by an interstate well known former forum sponsor that the Edelbrock blowers are not easy to tune due to uneven length runners.

One other thing to look carefully into is their warranty which may not even apply to you depending on age and km on car.

IMHO better going to a well regarded workshop eg down here APS and have them install a Harrop or Maggie blower. Far more cost effective and probably be able to make more power??? Just investigate what is included eg many places don't even include upgraded valve springs in their quotes.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Very good advice Gaz, valve springs are very cheap insurance!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
    I know of someone who went the Walkinshaw package on his E3 GTS. Basically has spent a lot of money since at various shops in order to finally get it running properly.
    I was told by a former interstate well known forum sponsor that the Edelbrock blowers are not easy to tune due to uneven length runners.
    Yes, the Harrop would be my pick also Gary!

scotty82 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 01:04 PM

Supercharger for VFSS

I’ve got an LSA blower on top of my wagon. It’s had a few decent mods thrown at it.

A few things to consider... the Interchiller, reservoir and lid spacer are worthwhile
    Mods. They do work very well and enchanced the whole package and performance. I had ID1000 injectors installed when I went more boost. 18% O.D. will be around 10-10.5 psi. The Stock cam will hold it back making more power.

A full exhaust system will also make good gains.

The Harrop FDFI2300 would be my choice of kit.

Any questions send me a PM.
    VF II MY16 SSV-R Wagon with LSA Blower

Quote Originally Posted by scotty82 View Post

I’ve got an LSA blower on top of my wagon. It’s had a few decent mods thrown at it.

A few things to consider... the Interchiller, reservoir and lid spacer are worthwhile

The Harrop FDFI2300 doesn't run very high IAT's the intercooler system is a better design than some others.

The intercoolers are large enough & run in the sides of the intake manifold just in front of the ports, they are a very well designed & built unit.

I know of someone who went the Walkinshaw package on his E3 GTS. Basically has spent a lot of money since at various shops in order to finally get it running properly. I was told by an interstate well known former forum sponsor that the Edelbrock blowers are not easy to tune due to uneven length runners.

One other thing to look carefully into is their warranty which may not even apply to you depending on age and km on car.

IMHO better going to a well regarded workshop eg down here APS and have them install a Harrop or Maggie blower. Far more cost effective and probably be able to make more power??? Just investigate what is included eg many places don't even include upgraded valve springs in their quotes.
    Good advice - many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scotty82 View Post

Mods. They do work very well and enchanced the whole package and performance. I had ID1000 injectors installed when I went more boost. 18% O.D. will be around 10-10.5 psi. The Stock cam will hold it back making more power.

A full exhaust system will also make good gains.

Any questions send me a PM.
    That's great - thanks Scotty

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 18-01-2024 @ 01:35 PM

My A6 LS3 with HTV1900 made 385rwkw on a dyno where stock LSAs run 310 - 325 (A6 would be at the lower end). Exhaust, tune, OTR, thermal blanket. An FDFI2300 would do better again.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

My A6 LS3 with HTV1900 made 385rwkw on a dyno where stock LSAs run 310 - 325 (A6 would be at the lower end). Exhaust, tune, OTR, thermal blanket. An FDFI2300 would do better again.
    Gaz ya better get the boss on board & fit the 2300!

Thread Information