Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Holden in the Family :)

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 09:53 PM

Re: Another Holden in the Family :)

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    Rod you will be very happy with Advance Headers, I know I am & they sound mint too.
    I nearly switched to the 4-1's Mick, but they talked me out of them. I really am after some decent sound, don't care about the power too much on this car. If I want to scare the shit out of myself I will jump in the Calais and give it half throttle in 3rd gear

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 09:53 PM

Anyone have any experience with these? Seems extremely cheap for a T/B by itself, but this comes with sensors as well. Tempted to buy and try, if it is rubbish then bin it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17334178...NG_SOON.R1.TR4

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 10:31 PM

Don't waste your money Rod.

The standard throttle body is absolutely fine for a stock LS1.

Also, they can be a pita to tune.

Plenty of people with quite big cams & even head work using the stock throttle body.

I have never had an aftermarket cat back on a V8 that is as quiet as this Manta. Don't get me wrong, it is bliss inside the cabin, no drone at all. It does however sound very much like my old VT2 prior to it being modified I don't want another crazy loud car that shakes the neighbors windows like the Calais, but I am really hoping that the headers and cats will give it a bit more note.

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Don't waste your money Rod.

The standard throttle body is absolutely fine for a stock LS1.

Also, they can be a pita to tune.

Plenty of people with quite big cams & even head work using the stock throttle body.
    Thanks Ed, I new it would be too good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK 346 View Post
    I have never had an aftermarket cat back on a V8 that is as quiet as this Manta.
    Don't get me wrong, it is bliss inside the cabin, no drone at all.
    It does however sound very much like my old VT2 prior to it being modified I don't want another crazy loud car that shakes the neighbors windows like the Calais, but I am really hoping that the headers and cats will give it a bit more note.
    I think it will work well for you & I reckon you will notice a little extra power without even a tune.

Have you picked it all up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    I think it will work well for you & I reckon you will notice a little extra power without even a tune.

Have you picked it all up yet?
    Not yet Ed, he is going to ring me when he has made up the cats. He said he might even come in on the weekend and do them. I told him no rush as the car does not go in until the 12th for the engine work.

VL Executive is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-02-2024 @ 08:56 PM

I have never had an aftermarket cat back on a V8 that is as quiet as this Manta. Don't get me wrong, it is bliss inside the cabin, no drone at all. It does however sound very much like my old VT2 prior to it being modified I don't want another crazy loud car that shakes the neighbors windows like the Calais, but I am really hoping that the headers and cats will give it a bit more note.
    What sort of Manta system is it? I have centre mufflers and rear hotdogs on my VY SS Ute, and sounds great. Not quiet but not over the top either. But is a bit droney at the highway limit of 100 km/h

I did get rear mufflers to change over to when the drone gets too much on highway runs. And its too quiet then, almost stock sound

Quote Originally Posted by VL Executive View Post
    What sort of Manta system is it? I have centre mufflers and rear hotdogs on my VY SS Ute, and sounds great. Not quiet but not over the top either. But is a bit droney at the highway limit of 100 km/h

I did get rear mufflers to change over to when the drone gets too much on highway runs. And its too quiet then, almost stock sound
    Has centre mufflers and rear resonators. No drone at all which I am really liking. Hopefully the headers and cats will give it a bit more V8 note.

SASLS1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-02-2024 @ 08:47 PM

The Manta is available in 3 different version of sound level options... Quiet, Medium and Loud.

Quiet...

https://www.mpiautomotive.com/product/19728-vu-vy-vz-v8-ute-2-5in-l-r-catback-muffler-muffler

Medium...

https://www.mpiautomotive.com/product/19729-vu-vy-vz-v8-ute-2-5in-l-r-catback-hotdog-muffler

Loud...

https://www.mpiautomotive.com/product/19730-vu-vy-vz-v8-ute-2-5in-l-r-catback-muffler-tailpipe

Looking at the pics of your new Manta exhaust, you have clearly purchased the Quiet version.

Quote Originally Posted by SASLS1 View Post
    The Manta is available in 3 different version of sound level options... Quiet, Medium and Loud.

Quiet...

https://www.mpiautomotive.com/product/19728-vu-vy-vz-v8-ute-2-5in-l-r-catback-muffler-muffler

Medium...

https://www.mpiautomotive.com/product/19729-vu-vy-vz-v8-ute-2-5in-l-r-catback-hotdog-muffler

Loud...

https://www.mpiautomotive.com/product/19730-vu-vy-vz-v8-ute-2-5in-l-r-catback-muffler-tailpipe

Looking at the pics of your new Manta exhaust, you have clearly purchased the Quiet version.

Yes, as soon as I unpacked it I figured it was the quiet system, just did not realise how quiet it would be. Still, very happy with the lack of drone and with the headers and cats going in I am sure I will be happy with it.

A^K^T is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:28 AM

Have been planning on getting one of their quiet systems for the VX , just need so sort a few things
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

Picked these up today. Once again, these guys are super easy to deal with and just really great customer service. Everything is included in the price as well, heat shield, all the gaskets and bolts etc. Ended up being $300 cheaper than I expected as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You gotta be happy with that!

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Picked these up today. Once again, these guys are super easy to deal with and just really great customer service. Everything is included in the price as well, heat shield, all the gaskets and bolts etc. Ended up being $300 cheaper than I expected as well.
    Yes "shields" thanks for reminding me, the bigger pipes run very close to the PS boots.

Thread Information