Thread: Level Ride compressor

CalaisVSS is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 07-11-2020 @ 10:57 AM

Level Ride compressor

I am about to replace the level ride compressor for the third time. It worries me that when I do an autopsy, the bore of the compressor is completely shagged, the bottom end is filled with metal filings and there does not seem to be any evidence of any bottom end lubrication. Should I put some lubrication in the crank end of the compressor to maybe extend its life?

deltak is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 11-11-2020 @ 04:33 PM

Re: Level Ride compressor

Hi,
    Just a thought, if the bore is "shagged" I suggest that you are getting dirt into the air inlet. You need to improve the air filter for longer life.

Alternately pipe air from higher (engine bay?) for cleaner air.

CalaisVSS is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 07-11-2020 @ 10:57 AM

Re: Level Ride compressor

Quote Originally Posted by deltak View Post
    Hi,
    Just a thought, if the bore is "shagged" I suggest that you are getting dirt into the air inlet. You need to improve the air filter for longer life.

Alternately pipe air from higher (engine bay?) for cleaner air.
    Holden provide a length of foam on a length of pipe connected to the inlet of the compressor which I either replace or wash fairly regularly but possibly it would only stop large boulders from entering the pump.

Thread Information