Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone Know Of A Place Which Does FWKW Dyno Graphs As Standard?#

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 12:49 AM

Re: Anyone Know Of A Place Which Does FWKW Dyno Graphs As Standard?#

Exactly - heat, strapping etc all make significant differences and as you say, I also have NFI how a dyno can reverse calculate a FWKW result.

I guess the graph itself can remain the same basically, just shift the whole thing up by say 25% (M6) or maybe 28% (A6) to the figures all along. Bottom line is I suspect this numpty convinces the guys there to create a FWKW graph to impress her similarly numpty friends without realising she's just making a dick of herself in the HSV FB groups she sets up.

Toddler78 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 07:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
    Exactly - heat, strapping etc all make significant differences and as you say, I also have NFI how a dyno can reverse calculate a FWKW result.

I guess the graph itself can remain the same basically, just shift the whole thing up by say 25% (M6) or maybe 28% (A6) to the figures all along. Bottom line is I suspect this numpty convinces the guys there to create a FWKW graph to impress her similarly numpty friends without realising she's just making a dick of herself in the HSV FB groups she sets up.

You've got to think though, it might not be the person's intention or fault, they may be believing the smoke the shop is blowing up there a$$ I have see that too. some people are too proud and embarrassed to consider what they have been promised and paid for might not be all they expect
    I'm not a hoon, I'm just competitive

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 12:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler78 View Post
    You've got to think though, it might not be the person's intention or fault,
    they may be believing the smoke the shop is blowing up there a$$
    I have see that too.

Some people are too proud and embarrassed to consider what they have been promised and paid for might not be all they expect
    Or stupid?

Seen many times that some people will continue to support shops where others would not go anywhere near.

I remember going to a dyno day at a shop that I am not going to name many years ago.

There was a crusty dude who obviously did not know much about what he was talking about running the show.

It was very clear to me that he was enjoying the attention of his time on the microphone.

He actually reminded me a lot of an old time circus ring leader.

Anyway he was obviously promoting his own business at his best but a few of the spectators were laughing about him & his lack of credibility.

I remember one car that was put on the dyno was a white stock VT II LS1 Berlina, it made about 163rwkw.

He then instructed his assistant to load one of his shops basic mail order type tunes while the car was still sitting there & run it up again on the dyno.

About 5 minutes later the same car was making around 230rwkw.

He commented that they would do better with a full custom tune but what they had just done was just
    to show people how good they were & how much extra power they could get out of a car easily.

I just shook my head in disbelief & walked away.

duke5700 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 16-04-2024 @ 09:46 AM

Blame the internet(dumb people), then add $$$ (both personal and shop income) and well you get situations like this.

The day we stopped racing as the means of testing and put our faith in dynos all was lost.

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 12:49 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ Yep, as I said, I'm sure from her ACTUAL power figures she'd run low 13s or high 12s at absolute best, but keeps bragging about all these exotics and tough looking/sounding cars she's supposedly dragged off on the street.

duke5700 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 16-04-2024 @ 09:46 AM

Get the old Wonky Mobile out and do a roll on from 80kph.. after you put bus lengths on it end of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by duke5700 View Post
    Get the old Wonky Mobile out and do a roll on from 80kph.. after you put bus lengths on it end of argument.
    Sadly the car is nowhere near Wonky, it is in South Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^ Yep, as I said, I'm sure from her ACTUAL power figures she'd run low 13s or high 12s at absolute best, but keeps bragging about all these exotics and tough looking/sounding cars she's supposedly dragged off on the street.
    There were heaps of car cruising this evening as always on Boxing day night,
    I went out to a favourite spot just to watch.

I actually saw this car tonight cruising around.

She was trying to show off giving it absolutely everything it had
    along Lady Gowrie Drive at Outer Harbor right in front of me & the thing is quite slow!

Delft Maloo is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-03-2024 @ 05:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    I remember going to a dyno day at a shop that I am not going to name many years ago.

There was a crusty dude who obviously did not know much about what he was talking about running the show.

It was very clear to me that he was enjoying the attention of his time on the microphone.

He actually reminded me a lot of an old time circus ring leader.

Anyway he was obviously promoting his own business at his best but a few of the spectators were laughing about him & his lack of credibility.

I remember one car that was put on the dyno was a white stock VT II LS1 Berlina, it made about 163rwkw.

He then instructed his assistant to load one of his shops basic mail order type tunes while the car was still sitting there & run it up again on the dyno.

About 5 minutes later the same car was making around 230rwkw.

He commented that they would do better with a full custom tune but what they had just done was just
    to show people how good they were & how much extra power they could get out of a car easily.

I just shook my head in disbelief & walked away.
    i remember back to the old Dyno days years ago when someone setup a national dyno day and i actually went up to the brisbane one as it lined up with a trip to see a buddy, the QLD workshop hosting was Bob Romano performance and geez wasn't it a laugh seeing the cars come and go off the dyno epsecially the ones from other workshops who all magically lost lots of power. My own car made around 40-50rwkw lower on that dyno compared to what it read on HiTorque's the very next day which also matched up pretty well with the Castle hill and Russo performance dyno all within weeks of each other and on the same boost levels.
    what was even funnier is that there was multiple confrontations in the car park from the Romano crew about competitors cars having the workshop stickers on them being parked out front, the poor old boys from hi torque and power torque never got a look in at having a fair run.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Delft Maloo View Post
    i remember back to the old Dyno days years ago when someone setup a national dyno day and i actually went up to the brisbane one as it lined up with a trip to see a buddy, the QLD workshop hosting was Bob Romano performance and geez wasn't it a laugh seeing the cars come and go off the dyno epsecially the ones from other workshops who all magically lost lots of power. My own car made around 40-50rwkw lower on that dyno compared to what it read on HiTorque's the very next day which also matched up pretty well with the Castle hill and Russo performance dyno all within weeks of each other and on the same boost levels.
    what was even funnier is that there was multiple confrontations in the car park from the Romano crew about competitors cars having the workshop stickers on them being parked out front, the poor old boys from hi torque and power torque never got a look in at having a fair run.
    Yeah, some of them were/are crazy.

Thread Information