Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Holden in the Family :) - Part 2

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 24-04-2024 @ 04:54 PM

Another Holden in the Family :)

Been procrastinating about getting another Holden for quite a while now, and with the good wife's blessing today I am picking up a VU SS Ute. Found what I hope is a pretty good example for what is nearly a 20 year old ute. It seems to have been well loved and the previous owner (a Holden employee) converted the entire front to the Export GTO bar and bonnet using Genuine Holden parts. Actually it was the GTO front that got my attention, I reckon it looks great and definitely sets it apart from other VU Utes. Will post up some photos later this arvo when I get it home.

Cheers

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here by BLACK 346 Titled Another Holden in the Family :)

Moderators is offline Automated Forum Robot Moderator PM/Mailer Last Online: 13-12-2009 @ 01:10 AM

Re: Another Holden in the Family :)

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK 346 View Post
    All done, took about 45 minutes. It is a nice simple but effective mod, and fits like a glove in behind the headlight.
    Yeah Rod the most free inlet air you can get the better, my preference is the CAI to OTR as there is no way to guarantee any lean out conditions with an OTR & cannot be tuned accordingly.

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 24-04-2024 @ 04:54 PM

Have driven the car a few times at 2500rpm and to be honest it does not bother me at all, hardly notice it. The Manta quiet system is very unobtrusive in the cabin. So I am now leaning towards 3.9's but still have 3.7's in my head. I wonder what sort of fuel economy I will see on the highway with 3.9's?

Re: Another Holden in the Family :) - Part 2

2500rpm in our V8's is no real huge issue, may only be a problem if you plan on doing shitloads of highway K's. Good luck with your decision Rod

Just got the ute back from Regal Crash Repairs and once again they have done an awesome job. Bar is a perfect fit, and they also had to do a few wiring loom fix ups to unfcku what the previous person had done when fitting the GTO bar. I am happy with it and pretty sure I have done the right thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 24-04-2024 @ 05:12 PM

I prefer the old front......

Only kidding.......

That looks much nicer Rod!

Looks Great Rod

Small update on the Ute. It had developed a bit of a knock in the steering which I thought was sway bar links. So took a punt and bought a set of Superpro Heavy duty links and bushes. Well, long story short, even though the link pin bushes were shagged, this did not cure the steering knock. Turns out the steering rack was past it's used by date. So new steering rack in, and now it drives like a dream. Also had the Superpro rear diff insert and rear cradle bushes done whilst it was in the shop, so the whole car feels a lot tighter.
    Next thing on the list is putting the original SS rims back on, I have the second hand set I picked up in at Extensive Wheel being re rolled and painted, so as soon as they are done I will get them fitted.

I think the original wheels will look great on there Rod.

I am getting my SS ready to go back on the road at the moment, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    I think the original wheels will look great on there Rod.

I am getting my SS ready to go back on the road at the moment, can't wait!
    Anything special being done to get it ready Ed, or just more motivated to bring it out now the weather is improving?

Anything special being done to get it ready Ed, or just more motivated to bring it out now the weather is improving?
    Nothing special Rod, just don't drive it over the colder, wetter months.

I had the roof lining done this morning as it was just starting to dip slightly,
    got to get some tires on my old stock rims which will be going back on,
    change the intercooler coolant & give it an oil & filter change.

Will probably take the interior apart again & give everything a good clean.
    (I take seats, console etc out every couple of years to detail everything properly.)

I just remembered I also need to replace the relay on my intercooler pump as it sticks on sometimes when I turn the ignition off.

Small update on the Ute. It had developed a bit of a knock in the steering which I thought was sway bar links. So took a punt and bought a set of Superpro Heavy duty links and bushes. Well, long story short, even though the link pin bushes were shagged, this did not cure the steering knock. Turns out the steering rack was past it's used by date. So new steering rack in, and now it drives like a dream. Also had the Superpro rear diff insert and rear cradle bushes done whilst it was in the shop, so the whole car feels a lot tighter.
    Next thing on the list is putting the original SS rims back on, I have the second hand set I picked up in at Extensive Wheel being re rolled and painted, so as soon as they are done I will get them fitted.
    If your ute had the original rack you probably done pretty well outta it, the one in my VZ whilst steered & worked perfectly had an annoying leak so I opted for a reco one.

Quote Originally Posted by Micks View Post
    If your ute had the original rack you probably done pretty well outta it, the one in my VZ whilst steered & worked perfectly had an annoying leak so I opted for a reco one.
    Mick, it was fairly rooted, when reversing to the left on full lock the tie rod was touching the LHS front wheel.

Thread Information